[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 126 KB, 647x656, 1536030589756.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12302864 No.12302864 [Reply] [Original]

Why can't I form thought-pictures? Do I come into actual being through self-isolation from culture; I am a product of culture, yet it seems alien to me. Yet I still can't properly interpret ANYTHING. Why couldn't I have just been born a normie? Or is there a piece of the puzzle I'm still missing? I can actualize myself outside into an object, make it into my own, and thereby make a change in the world. I assume it just takes time to cultivate the skill... but it takes so long. This middle path I seem to have strained upon forever, and now it seems I am doomed.

>> No.12302891

All my concerns are due to pic related, btw. Why couldn't I have just not discovered philosophy in the first place? Now I know I'm not adequate.

>> No.12303830

>>12302864
Oh jeez..
>He thinks Hegel was serious

>> No.12303862

>>12302891
>>12302864
Don't fear anon, the very fact that you are thinking about this stuff means you have a gift, and it's not even an especially rare gift either so you know I'm not just bullshitting you. It's a gift of perception and self-awareness, it's enabled you to ask questions about how reality works and what your place in the grand schema might be.

Now I myself haven't read Hegel but I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here, are you concerned about what your "identity" is, or what kind of person you're supposed to be?