[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 57 KB, 576x436, 1491704788264.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10448687 No.10448687 [Reply] [Original]

>get into a good uni with a fuckhuge library
>suddenly have no idea which books to get for myself since they have everything
Who knows this feel?

>> No.10448897

Learn the book indexing system (in my case Library of Congress Classification) or download a PDF of it or something. Find your favorite sections (my favorite is PL) and just browse. Pull some books you'll find interesting and bring them to a desk. Rifle through them and put them in another pile if you want to check them out and read them at home.

Some of the best times I had in college were getting a bit high and spending hours in the stacks.

If you're really anxious or indecisive just start with B (a is too general and boring) and find a spine that interests you.

>> No.10448925
File: 56 KB, 716x304, fdfb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i have the opposite problem

>> No.10448927

>>10448687
Oh I mean more of the fact that the abundance eliminates the need to buy most books, so buying books transforms from "I think I would like to read this," into "this is something I definitely will need to have on hand permanently." It solves the problem of coming back from book shops and library sales with armfuls of books by creating a new problem of overexamination. It's a healthy improvement but bewildering at first.