[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 41 KB, 450x600, 1510969013385.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10282078 No.10282078 [Reply] [Original]

It's not like they're going anywhere anyways

>> No.10282089

>>10282078
guy rapes another guy he sees as being weaker than he is but realizes he only does this because the beta's weakness reminds him of his own and he is the real beta faggot

>> No.10282094

None of my ideas are novel.

>> No.10282095

i'm writing a novel about me murdering my best friend on a certain date (it's a running gag between us) and i'm gonna print it and give it to him and two mutual friends on his 25th birthday
started working on it in november 2014 and he's gonna turn 25 in february 2018, i currently have 200 pages, i hope i'll finish it in time

>> No.10282096
File: 12 KB, 256x256, BACONFAKERS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10282103

>>10282095
make it super funny by murdering him for real on that date lol
classic

>> No.10282115

>>10282078
>Set in the near future
>People overthrow the state for some new economic system
>Influential archaeology professor convinces everyone to liberate the "mad". All asylums are abolished.
>Eventually, the insane are kicked out of every city because they're a nuisance. They get relocated to the Azores islands, where they can have their own society.
>The narrator is revealing all this as they try to find the professor, who it is implied has sold his soul to the devil, since he is inspired by Dr Faustus and Kurtz from Heart of Darkness.
>Kill a man on the beach because they seem to have supernatural powers like telepathy
>Podge, a man with severe facial wrinkles, like ravines, comes crying because he can't find his friend
>Befriend this weird wrinkled thing and never tell him what happened
>By the end of the first part, end up being slain by Podge, body is cut into five parts. Podge found out about his dead friend. He has a knack for impressions, and assumes your personality.
>Everyone else on the island thinks Podge is you, now dead, because they're crazy.
That's about as far as I've gotten. The professor is supposed to take more of a central role, but all he does, for now, is scribble in an ethnographic diary.

>> No.10282120

>>10282115
I'm already extremely fucking confused
this reads like a fever dream
when you are done pls post sample

>> No.10282122

>>10282095
>2014
If you can only write 200 pages in three fucking years, I don't think you'll make it within several months. How long do you want it?

>> No.10282147

>>10282122
i'll need probably 50 more pages and i wasn't working on it all the time so i think i'll suceed
it's 200 pages in word also i think in print it'll be more

>> No.10282151

>>10282120
I started writing it when I was actually going through a drugged psychosis. I've got 13k words, so I don't know what part you want to read. I forgot to mention that I added new characters throughout history, like a Palestinian whose father was part of Black September when they attacked the Munich games, a 19th Century Greek Revolutionary, and a fictional leader of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. It's supposed to weave through different consciousnesses until they actually end up on the island for no reason. Not sure why yet, but I'll figure it out. It's all in the form of letters too, so it'll be an interesting thing to write.

>> No.10282152

>>10282147
I reckon you can do it. I worked out a system where I knew my absolute limit for words per day. It got around 400 or 800, which is pretty good after a while. I spend more time editing though. Gl tho

>> No.10282163
File: 1.06 MB, 1758x1773, John_Bauer_-_Princess_Tuvstarr_gazing_down_into_the_dark_waters_of_the_forest_tarn._-_Google_Art_Project.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282078
Copypasting from another thread:

>I just realised that what I am writing is a very "niche" thing. Pretentious and depravate, but honest at the same time. In fact, I don't even know who would like to read a fantastic story about an epic journey, full of pedo ideas, overrated concepts like the "Dark Night of the Soul", and political allegories. It will never be published, and even if I am able to do it, it would be a social suicide.
>I'll introduce myself in the story, in the form of a (some kind of) dog that accompanies and lurks our little protagonist.

>> No.10282164

>>10282115
So it starts off like Ayn Rand then turns into the show Lost in epistolary form?

>> No.10282169

>>10282163
>full of pedo ideas
explain

>> No.10282172

>>10282164
Thanks for making it sound as terrible as possible.

>> No.10282176

>>10282163
yeah it sounds like shit dude

>> No.10282177

>>10282078

collection of short stories all about siamese/conjoined twins
>one pair almost gets kicked out of school for allegedly cheating on an exam (copying off the other twin)
>for another pair, each of them have IQs of 200+, and their minds are connected like a hive mind, and they become very successful in a company like Google/Goldman Sachs/Facebook, and one conjoined twin tries to act corrupt while the other tries to be honest, and they each switch stances
>one pair of conjoined twins, one tries to kill the other, or somehow forges the other's signature and tricks him into getting separated or legally surgically decapitated/removed or something
>one pair is basically a normal person, gorgeous, actually like a male-model-tier handsome ass motherfucker, but he has a deformed conjoined twin face like under his armpit that can be concealed, and he moves to LA to become and actor, hides the other's face, then the other's face blows his cover during an audition and the producers try to "go with it" and cast him for other roles, but he gets so infuriated at his "other" face and punches it while the helpless deformed face whimpers in agony, just horrifying shit that ruins his rep in LA
>one pair is conjoined at the scalps, and instead of being 2 heads on one body, it's 2 fully functioning bodies, so basically 2 people who are always hunched over. they end up becoming the world's best wrestler/jiu-jitsu grappler
>one pair where one is a star medical student and one is a drug addict. the medical student agrees to aid the drug habit IF the other one helps him study, learning twice as fast (as many conjoined twins can read each other's minds). As the medical student advances, the other's drug habit gets worse and worse. As he's performing his first surgery, they have an acid flashback but they still have to perform the surgery.

>> No.10282179

A boy falls in love with a girl, unable to confess...

>> No.10282182

>>10282177
Wtf anon... get help

>> No.10282185

>>10282177
>>one pair is basically a normal person, gorgeous, actually like a male-model-tier handsome ass motherfucker, but he has a deformed conjoined twin face like under his armpit that can be concealed, and he moves to LA to become and actor, hides the other's face, then the other's face blows his cover during an audition and the producers try to "go with it" and cast him for other roles, but he gets so infuriated at his "other" face and punches it while the helpless deformed face whimpers in agony, just horrifying shit that ruins his rep in LA
kek'd hard
would read this tbqh

>> No.10282191

Guy with a nagging wife goes on a walk to clear his mind. Before coming back to the house he goes through layers of hell and heaven so to speak. Based on a shit day I had, Ulysses, and my own relationships (merged into one).
In the end the twist is that he calls his high school sweet heart but hangs up when her mom picks up.

>> No.10282193
File: 20 KB, 280x480, IMG_0383.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282177
Sounds fascinating

>> No.10282197

>>10282169
Implicit and explicit, from a real pedo's pen.

Ask me if you want something more specific.

>> No.10282199

>>10282191
This is /lit/, if you write about sex or relationships at all, you're gonna have to go into minute details about cumming in their pussy or something.

>> No.10282207

bored, hedonistic drug addict ambles around a seedy, sprawling megalopolis smoking meth, begging for money, harassing women, etc. the chapters start out as sparse and psychotic snapshots of his days and activities. slowly, bad and sobering things start happening, driving him into pessimisitc submission to the faults of himself and his life. bascially, he starts out digging through dumpsters and soliciting old women and ends up sitting alone in churches and moving away.

>> No.10282217

It's about a man who can't make any friends who is certain he's funny and nice and so can't understand why he's alone. It opens with the words

Thanks for the Christmas ham, keep the change.

THINGS A JEW WOULD NEVER SAY.

>> No.10282218

>>10282199
I did write a murakami like sex scene but the editor doesn't like it. Might instead change it to full Sade, or Joyce letter to Nora, tier, but it might make the sexual frustration from that era too apparent and kill the contrast I had going with the catholic/aquinas passage there.

>> No.10282221

>>10282185
i honestly think if i can write it well, focus on the nightmarish existence of the small face under the armpit, and how the stud has to spoon-feed it at every meal and brush it's teeth for it, establish some animosity by the stud with that tedious lifestyle (fueled by the stud's rampant insecurities associated with a lifetime of perfecting his appearance, and no matter how perfect he looks he always has that one thing under him, he'd be on the cover of magazines if he didn't have this monster under his arm), I think that can be great.

>> No.10282224

>>10282217
nice

>> No.10282228

>>10282217
hehehe

>> No.10282233

>>10282207
So like Hunger but modern day?

>> No.10282241

So it is a collection of short stories centered around two girls in a relationship interjected with poetry that is written by the two girls. Kinda examines the ideas of feminism and like how people view their place in the world. Thank you for reading, have a nice night.

>> No.10282263

>>10282241
DUDE
ADD
like a part that is annotations by the editor or someone who found the texts, and they provide this kind of ideologically motivated analysis of the poems or absolute rejection

I just read a spanish book where the "publisher" annotates the text of a fuck'o and I liked the idea, kinda like pale fire but a bit more tame on the notes.

>> No.10282278

I've been thinking of writing a novella with an essay after it explaining the work. Is this a good idea at all?

>> No.10282285

>>10282078
who is this semen demon?
also, check this one bitches: a postmodern novel about a hardboiled detective who solves all his cases simply by waiting them out.

>> No.10282292

>>10282285
Pynch, that you?

>> No.10282294

>>10282285
Fug, too good, you gotta write it now, at least like get two chapters published in a zine or pron magazine or something. Not kidding, sounds funny.

>> No.10282302

>>10282292
>>10282294
i'm glad you like it <3 when I win the big good booko prize or whatever it's called i'll be sure to recognize you

>> No.10282304

>>10282294
>>10282285
I actually started a zine, yet to publish our first issue because Uni got in the way. But it's over now. I'd probably pay you a bit if I liked it.

Insta: v2_zine

>> No.10282307

>>10282304
Maybe I'll send something I haven't used. I miss the zine days from my early 20s.
That's another short story right there. Donut steel.

>> No.10282310

an alcoholic neet travels to the other side of the world to help someone they care about out of the trouble they're in, then goes home and resumes doing nothing

>> No.10282313

>>10282263
Hey man, thank you for responding to my post, really appreciate it. I am a little bit inebriated soI 'm not 100% sure what you mean but i will definitely look into it tomorrow! I was really going for a more introspective look on the nature of the two characters if that makes sense? I'll look into what you said and get back to you. Thank you for the response!

>> No.10282329

>>10282313
Dunno if this is a joke response since I'm probably black out drunk by now, but the idea is:
>the two character have this dilucidation you talk about
>but ideology is never a zero point reference
>so add a third ideological point of reference through another character that is neither present in their time or space of discussion

It's sort of what Wallace did with his annotations in IJ (but they were just annotations) or Nabokov with Pale Fire, and many others where there's an in between off time narrator/commentator to the "main" argument" being told.

>> No.10282336

>>10282217
Kinda reminds me of the king of comedy. (Movie)

>> No.10282373

>>10282078
It's about a depressed man who hates his life. He begins to have strange dreams and begins sleeping more and more while neglecting his real life. Eventually he ends up living in his dreams and develops a whole life new life there. In the dream world he is socially successful, attractive and financially stable. He has even met the girl of his dreams. He is much happier, however, the dreams abruptly stop. He is then driven mad due to his return to reality. In the end he makes the choice to kill himself, wagering that if he's successful he would return to the dream world (which he now considers the 'real' world) and if he's wrong he would still be able to escape the harsh realities of his real life (his 'nightmare') through death.

>> No.10282390

>>10282373
where's the thing that makes someone want to read this?

>> No.10282396

>>10282390
the truth is that it's my diary desu

>> No.10282407

>>10282313
Haha not a joke response at all man! I like the whole Wallace thing do'nt get me wrong, but like i feel like that might detract from the more human aspect of it? I've read infinite jest recently, and am reading Wallaces' short stories now, and I like him in term of prose, but I personally don't think I could do annotations as well as he can if that makes sense? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying? sorry of thats the case, thank you for helping me my man, I actually really appreciate it.

>> No.10282414

>>10282329
That awkward moment when you respond to your own post. Here is what I meant to send to you my random anon:
Hey man, thank you for responding to my post, really appreciate it. I am a little bit inebriated soI 'm not 100% sure what you mean but i will definitely look into it tomorrow! I was really going for a more introspective look on the nature of the two characters if that makes sense? I'll look into what you said and get back to you. Thank you for the response!

>> No.10282445
File: 16 KB, 267x320, 1493642086262.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282373
>>10282396

>> No.10282452

It's about a guy who posts the idea for his novel on a Mongolian cow planting image board. Then after he finally finishes the epic after 20 years, he discovers that some cow planter from Mongolia published a series of books with the exact same plot years ago. He is seen as a plagiarist and his life's work is worthless, seen as nothing more than fan fiction. He vows to never write again and gets a job making min. wage.

>> No.10282460

>>10282452
>He would get butthurt over someone adapting his ideas rather than work with them to create a big multifaceted art project
>He believes in intellectual property in 2017!

I'd be super stoked if a Mongolian herder wanted to work with me. The problem with writing with others is that they usually don't do it for more than two weeks.

>> No.10282467

>>10282460
They both worked individually unbeknownst to one another. By the time the anon realized that a random Mongolian dude took his idea, it was too late to collaborate as he had already published his book years earlier.

>> No.10282470

My novel is a series of short stories in which the characters back stories are portrayed in a sort of 'fantastical' narrative: naive and pretty stories.
As the stories begin to clash into each other the reader will find out these persons aren't as innocent as they seem. All of them will meet in the climax, the world hitherto shown becoming more 'serious' and 'real' as things go on. Then something fatal will happen. Something that really wreaks havoc.
I'll try to exert a lot of ideas into it, constantly changing the narrative, playing with character interactions and circumstances as to make it fun and never tedious.

>> No.10282495 [DELETED] 
File: 53 KB, 640x853, 1502776899524.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282078
A fighter pilot is subjected to a Chinese mainland assault of Southern California from unbeatable airborne fortresses, the ground up to Bakersfield is lost in one day- the MC destroys the fortresses thru one pilot's knowledge of vulnerabilities, and retreats with only 3 others who become his unit. Due to the nature of him ending the advance, he is idolized and used for propaganda, while he falls in love with his wingman, a woman, who he knows he cannot have due to professionalism.
The politically correct press wants war but won't allow racism or mean words, and is drawn to MC for that in his own ideological standards. A few close calls with death fail to scare the MC, even if he looks into the future uneasy.

Book 2:

The MC falls deeper and deeper for the woman, his protector, and when she experiences rape as a result of capture as recalled over the radio by the perpetrator, he has a mental breakdown, defeats 8 enemy fighters, and murders the pilots.
Almost immediately his friends and the one he loves start to distance themselves even though nobody blames him, and the stress and insanity start to set in- as the incident is covered up and most just decide never to speak of it again.

The anxiety of a double life set in as the MC grows more and more resentful of the enemy taking so many allied lives, before he's immobilized with illness and unable to fight, and withdrawn to the States for quarantine. His entire unit is eliminated while he is away, along with the airborne controller who witnessed the war crimes, and 100+ other pilots in a Korea reassault.

Upon learning, he tries to kill himself only to have his beloved's survival knife wrenched out of his hands, and sedated. He grows to have nothing but hate for the entire country he fights, and resolves to burn it down before his life is over.

He's later redirected mysteriously to Nepal, and contacted by radio. His younger sister, who proves it is her, asks him to land. He asks where, and an airstrip unfolds from the mountain side.
Inside, he finds his unit still alive, along with resistance members of both sides and many other countries, all of who are set out to end the war. A secret society started the conflict for profit and control, and upon "learning" this, and learning his wingman had been opposed them all along, and had nearly gotten him killed a few times as they tried to get rid of her. And that they tried to kill him to prolong the conflict.

Book 3 deals with the resolution of more threads. I have most of it done already, but a lot of it induces maximum cringe when I read it back, and needs massive edit.

>> No.10282511

You, a cat, murders your owner and steals their gf, and the police think its the gf but actually its you, a psychic cat.

>> No.10282516

>>10282470
sounds neat. so it would be like two characters' versions of the same story contradict?

>> No.10282532

>>10282172
/lit/ once said Dante was "just another writer of epics"-they will make anything sound terrible.

>> No.10282534

>>10282516
Yes, all of the characters will have absolutely different perspectives about a same situation, rendering what really happened almost indistinguishable.
A sort of meditation into how we tend to make chaos out of the tamest situations because of our defensiveness or pride, and how this, in turn, begets actual chaos.

>> No.10282543

>>10282534
I really, really, really like this idea tbqh.

>> No.10282547

>>10282373
So where is the risk in the story if he wins either way? Why not have sprinkle moments of him being afraid of the void of not existing so that taking his own life is more of a gamble to return to paradise one last time?
Also, is this story a metaphor for heroin?

>> No.10282548

>>10282543
Thank you, anon.
I'll do my best.

>> No.10282558

>>10282532
We try our best to kill everyone's delusions of grandeur.

>> No.10282569
File: 1.33 MB, 400x256, 1501140298234.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Alright, I'm bored. Someone pick an idea for me to write. It can be any idea as long as you really want to see something tangible from it, and it's not an elaborate erotic thriller.

I'm not amazing, but I have "chops" relative to my situation, and I'm not the guy who made his own thread like a jackass. I'll write up to 800-1000 words on it. Let me know and I'll pick something completely arbitrary then post it here for all to enjoy and mock.

>> No.10282574

>>10282569
write it on slorp

>> No.10282583

>>10282569
All of the great philosophers are brought back to life and brought together where they all speak the same language and have to debate their way to life and freedom in a Battle Royale-type arena

>> No.10282599
File: 1.47 MB, 320x180, 1501148794485.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282574
>ctrl+f "slorp"
>one result found
>google "slorp"
>a british derivative of slurp
I'm going to need more info then that my man, or do you just want weird sound poetry instead?

>>10282583
Excellent concept, but that's a lot to fit in a word count. I can write about thematically appropriate philosophers having a battle royale with their various philosophy-related super powers/weapons? I'd try to make it absurd, but dead serious.

>> No.10282605

>>10282599
The super powers adds a nice touch, makes it more fun and less head in ass 'look at all the philosophy I know'

>> No.10282606
File: 94 KB, 774x1100, death planet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love tragedies.

A man in a small town falls in love with a woman with Spinocerebellar ataxia, a degenerative muscle disease that eventually takes away her ability to walk, see, and generally coordinate herself. He meets her in her early stages, and this takes place in a time when barely anybody knew what the disease was, and they both thought they could beat it.

The disease takes a toll on her and only gets worse. She becomes a prisoner in her own body and is barely able to speak.

He is given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work in his profession as an artist overseas, but he refuses to abandon the love of his life and wants her to live out the rest of her days peacefully in her hometown.

He becomes her full-time caretaker, then she dies a long and excruciating death over the period of a couple years.

He's never able to find a career opportunity like that again, and lives on the fringe of poverty, forever spending rest of his days as a lonely, mediocre widower.

The end.

is this a good idea?

>> No.10282608

>>10282599
>>10282605
Perhaps the arena could take place in a Schrodinger Box.

>> No.10282612

>>10282599
Unironically good intro to philosophy, I reckon. Sophie's World is similar, in that it introduces people to Plato, etc.

>> No.10282626

>>10282599
you clearly do not understand slorp.... pathetic

also posted this in the other guy's thread but

-guy who is always paranoid his fly is down and his trying to """"""discreetly""""" check if it is by bringing his hand over his crotch or looking down at his DICK area is off-putting to others and this also makes him paranoid

-very flowery prose about someone who walks past a guy sitting in a public area in full view just jacking his wiener, and he says hi and waves really casually to the dude while vigorously beating his meat.

>> No.10282648
File: 42 KB, 480x169, 1504827181636.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282608
Hmm, that's a little more difficult to work. I could probably put in a half-assed one paragraph ending thing where the arena turns out to be a Schrodinger Box and it's impossible to know the winner, but I don't really know if that would be funny or enjoyable.

>>10282605
I have a useless degree in Politics and Cultural Studies, so I know a thing or two about dumb philosophers, but nowhere near enough to talk about anyone contemporary, so I think super powers is a good move. The flipside is, I can explain a solution for almost any political argument with "Oh, yadda yadda Hegelian Dialectic, yadda yadda Gramscian Ameleoration, more yadda Foucault's Repressive Hypothesis, some more yadda Heidegger I guess."

>>10282612
That actually sounds possible, maybe I'll give this a shot. I'll post whatever I write tomorrow at around noon, before I go to work, but I'll give particularly depraved anons a while to post some suggestions.

>>10282626
... Are you going to masturbate to this later? I get a distinct masturbation vibe, though the concept sounds pretty funny.

>> No.10282654

>>10282606
I would read it anon, sounds good

>> No.10282661
File: 497 KB, 600x602, 1509392534952.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282648
>Are you going to masturbate to this later?
Don't worry about it

>> No.10282667

>>10282606
is there any form of bittersweetness to the ending, or does he just die despondent and alone?
What does he feel in the later years of his life. Was the final moments with her worth the opportunity of a lifetime, or does he wallow in misery on what could have been?
You have a tragic story, but what makes it beautiful?

>> No.10282673

>>10282078
Athenian wrestler goes around and wrestles.

>> No.10282697
File: 71 KB, 634x775, 1510694584610.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282078
>dat pubic mound

>> No.10282701

>>10282697
she has balls

>> No.10282704

>>10282329
That awkward moment when you respond to your own post. Here is what I meant to send to you my random anon:
Haha not a joke response at all man! I like the whole Wallace thing do'nt get me wrong, but like i feel like that might detract from the more human aspect of it? I've read infinite jest recently, and am reading Wallaces' short stories now, and I like him in term of prose, but I personally don't think I could do annotations as well as he can if that makes sense? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying? sorry of thats the case, thank you for helping me my man, I actually really appreciate it.

>> No.10282713

>>10282285
sounds bretty gud but is a sustainable idea for a whole novel?

>> No.10282718
File: 68 KB, 732x960, Fritsie Highlock.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19LQ9v6b7abJ2bISaJzmLvfeKBdqDNrC4JX7yVCSc9ng/edit?usp=sharing

>> No.10282719

>>10282606
makes me think of the book "Angle of Repose" for w/e reason.

>> No.10282766

>>10282667
The only thing that does not beat him down with dense banality in his life is his wife and her undying pure love, but that eventually dissolves. Whether or not his life was worth living will be left up to the reader.

>> No.10282778

>>10282606
Is the moral of the story not to invest in women and to go your own way?

>> No.10282783

>>10282766
>>10282766
So it makes the reader challenge the idea of "better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" which is great.
Really the question to be asked is not if the main character thinks it was worth it, but if the reader thinks it is.
Although the story doesn't exist yet, I imagine difficulties in trying to balance balance both ideas effectively to cause conflict within said reader-almost all people immediately wish to take a side on things and they usually take the side of the last thing they see.
If his life is too fulfilled with him having stayed with her, they will take that side, if it's too regretful, they will think he made the wrong choice being with her.
It sounds like a big bite to take. Best of luck to you.

>> No.10283328

>>10282089
nice
how does he realize?

>> No.10283337

>>10282095
>>10282147
>i hope i'll finish it in time
start with the murder at his birthday party and end it 'to be continued...' maybe?
how is it supposed to end?

>> No.10283338

>>10282078
>It's not like they're going anywhere anyways
They are going somewhere alright.
http://veekyforums.com/thread/10282078/literature/post-your-novel-ideas.html

>> No.10283346

>>10282163
a-are you me?

>> No.10283359

>>10282285
excellent

>> No.10283365

>>10282078
novel about a dentist, granite sculpter, and entrepreneur. im working it as a commentary on labor and utility in a community and in personal life.

>> No.10283369

Ayy Lmao's send us plans to build a Stargate and first contact goes pretty good.
Until a good portion of humanity spergs out and ruins everyone's SciFi dreams forever

>> No.10283377

>>10282470
i like it
is it supposed to be some kind of over the top don quixote thing?

>> No.10283382

>>10282511
why?

>> No.10283384

>>10282534
more like rashomon then?

>> No.10283385

I've since abandoned the idea but I'll post it here anyways, maybe someone will make something of it

It's a short story idea

A famously rich roman colony/city is under threat from an approaching barbarian army. As the inhabitants have no fighting experience, are far from rome and barely have any equipment, they decide to turn all their gold, their marble statues and so forth into material to build a wall and forge weapons, equip themselves etc.

The barbarians eventually put the colony/city under siege, and the inhabitants become hardened defenders, eventually not only using all their wealth to build defences and weapons but forgetting why they had it in the first place.

The story is told from the perspective of a senator who arrives much later to check on what happened.

Only wrote like the first 3 pages.

>> No.10283394

>>10282569
1/ steal this anon's idea plz >>10282470
2/ mix it with this guy's mc >>10282285
3/ report back

>> No.10283395

>>10283346
Develop this, please.

>> No.10283424

>>10283395
>I just realised that what I am writing is a very "niche" thing.
check
>Pretentious and depravate, but honest at the same time.
check
>In fact, I don't even know who would like to read a fantastic story about an epic journey, full of pedo ideas, overrated concepts like the "Dark Night of the Soul", and political allegories.
check
>It will never be published, and even if I am able to do it, it would be a social suicide.
check
>I'll introduce myself in the story, in the form of a (some kind of) dog that accompanies and lurks our little protagonist.
more like an augmented monkey, but check
also, everything is a mashup/cutup/detournement/copypasta
seven female characters/seven male characters
seven area in the world where the action takes place
clumsy symbolism and hardcore porn everywhere
there is also a visual aspect to it
think outsider gesamtkunstwerk à la henry darger

>> No.10283430

>>10283424
it also took me more than year to finish the prologue
which is like a dozen pages long

>> No.10283458

>>10282078
LOL daisiesfree or what was her name again

>> No.10283473

>>10283458
yes, what's her name?

>> No.10283474

>>10282078
>tfw trying to write various weeb shit dystopian isekais
>too jaded to seek escapism and adventure

It'll involve few video game mechanics and an MC who dies mid summoning but shows up as a ghost.

>> No.10283489

>>10282115
this reads like a steaming pile of shit. how about organizing a sequential plot, you talentless good for nothing neet piece of fuck ass

>> No.10283515

>>10283473
Are you a dog? (White girls fuck dogs)

>> No.10283534

>>10283515
Pics or GTFO

>> No.10283538

>>10283515
yes
are you a white girl?

>> No.10283546

>>10283473
https://rateyourmusic.com/~although

She deleted all pics after /mu/ started harassing her

>> No.10283619
File: 161 KB, 1224x378, 5aEDNDc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10283338
Once you press post you already lost your intellectual property, some other site stealing it shouldn't be shocking you. OP is most likely someone from the writer's guild fishing for his next blockbuster payday. It has happened before it will happen again.

>> No.10283631

A half-retarded protagonist accidentally kills a famous politician by kicking a chopped down tree trunk down a hill and changes the course of history.

>> No.10283683

>>10283619
I can't figure out what that last logo is supposed to be.

>> No.10283722

>>10282089
your diary desu?

>> No.10283871

>>10283683
Looks like 9digg, maybe myspace

>> No.10284065

>>10283489
t. plot faggot
How do I know you're the actual NEET?

>> No.10284074

>>10283631
actually love it

>> No.10284089

>>10283722
n-no...

>> No.10284286
File: 271 KB, 1366x816, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A man buys a large shipment of black pearls but is enraged when he finds out that black pearls aren't truly black and bludgeons the salesman to death. It's just a short story.

>> No.10284296

>>10283328
idk, probably after he comes in thr guys ass he calms down and realizes how fucked up what he just did was, plus some other shit

>> No.10284509

>>10282285
What is inherent vice

>> No.10284853

Dystopian fiction where an entire civilization spends the whole of their lives on an enormous train. They are told they are being evacuated as their previous home as well as the environment surrounding the train has become inhospitable, to the extent that even a second of exposure could be fatal. All the windows are blacked out, the doors are locked and the train will never stop until it reaches its final destination far, far away where it's safe to live. No one knows long it will take and no one knows how long they've been travelling, since everyone was born on the train and the original evacuees died long ago.

>> No.10284859

>>10282089
SOMEONE WEAKER THEN YOU SHOULD RAPE YOU

>> No.10284882

starts like a stereotypical ghost story in a haunted house, protagonist gets killed by the ghost eventually, but becomes a ghost himself. now he goes on death wish like rampage in the ghost dimension to find the ghost that murdered him, kill it from this plane of existence and avenge his own death. (ghosts don't know if there is any ghost world for ghosts or if you die forever)

>> No.10284903

>>10282207
Sounds kinda like Bright Lights, Big City

>> No.10284926
File: 53 KB, 256x256, 1535.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282177

is the guy punching his deformed other face feeling the pain as well?

if so, does the sensation differ for each twin?

>> No.10284929

>>10284853
I have bad news anon..

>> No.10284954

>>10282177
wtf dude.
some of these are actually pretty good tho

>> No.10284986

>>10282177
Can’t wait to get a copy, anon. Sounds like Junji Ito too.

>> No.10284996
File: 303 KB, 1024x682, serveimage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10284853
Given that if the train was moving at walking speed it could still circumnavigate the globe in about a year, I'm not really sure you've thought this through. You'd need a different sort of conceit for it to work.

>> No.10285061

A young twenty something is eating cereal at home when a dog walks into his house and begins speaking to him in broken english. The man goes to kick the dog, but when he does he realizes that he's now in Ireland circa 1478.

He needs to survive and make it to the English channel, where the biggest dog in Europe lives, but he's constantly interupted by an eye in the sky that sends him images of little dogs, some as small as ants, rummaging through his house back in the present.

In the end, he makes it to the shores of southern england to find the giant dog has eyes like the one he seen in the sky. It chases him into the ocean, where he swims so deep that he reaches a point where the water stops and he drops back into his house, but it's 10 years in the future from his time and he's as small as an ant himself.

He then has to rummage through his house like the other dogs, a savage in his own home, hoping to eventaully get into the cupboard with the cereal he was eating back before all this when he was a young naive man.

>> No.10285073

>>10284996
This is probably the only dystopian sci-fi movie that I actually like.

>> No.10285076

>>10285061
I would unironically read the fuck out of this.

>> No.10285099

A successful writer can't come up with a plot for his next book, so he decides to write about a writer that can't come up with the plot for his next book. He finishes it, feels good about himself and goes to his publishing company, they say they can't publish it because it is just self masturbating drivel written by a hack. The author is defeated and has a major crisis about his identity. He decides that he just has to go out into society, stop living in the author world, and let the city guide him.

He does his best to live as a normal man but all he ever can think about his how he can use the experiences he is experiencing in his book, he can't live in the present and never experiences something himself, his mind is away. He is too pretentious to ever relate to anyone.

>> No.10285118

A fantasy story where, unlike most fantasy protagonists, the protagonist is really fucking dumb and incompetent. He's so dumb, he ends up accidentally tricking people because they think he's smart and dangerous when in actual fact he's just doing dumb shit. He gradually gets better and better at tricking people until finally he tricks God, casts God out of heaven and takes His place.

>> No.10285272

>>10284996
I didn't imply they were on Earth

>> No.10285307

A guy (me) is a massive prick. He lies, steals, treats everyone like shit. Drug addict and alcoholic. Unfortunately everybody around him is very supportive of him and always gives him another chance.

One day he becomes a suspect in a murder case by complete chance (he is innocent, although he did commit other crimes).

During the testimony he realizes what an asshole he's been to his family and friends who have tried to help him all these years, and decides that although he is not guilty of murder, he deserves the death penalty.

So he pleads guilty. Then there's a twist involving corruption in the justice system and he somehow becomes a "hero".

He tries to use this to turn things around but, "time is a flat circle" and all that bullshit, so he goes back to his old habits and ends up killing himself.

>> No.10285309

>>10285099
M E T A
E
T
A

- The Book

>> No.10285316

>>10283385
This sounds cool
>>10285061
Very creative, how long have you been working on the concept?

>> No.10285396
File: 53 KB, 518x360, Penzel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282078
>L.A, july 1968
>Schizophrenic self-proclaimed paleobiologist fascinated with trilobytes and his imaginary chimp companion have lost the keys to their appartment
>While trying to find them they end up in debt to a pair of mobsters, and have 48 hours to find enough toucan blood to supply a massive psychedelic voodoo orgy
>Along the way they team up with a failed swiss poet who claims to have resolved the hard problem of conscioussness through a mathematical model based on the physics of dust, her young disciple and admirer, a world war II veteran and petshop owner, and an asocial aphasic musician
>At the end they die trying to reach the L.A. Zoo by hang-gliding from the Hollywood sign

>> No.10285409

>>10285061
PLEASE WRITE THIS
GO DO IT NOW YOU PIECE OF SHIT

>> No.10285425

>>10282177
Sounds actually interesting desu anon, but please, stop perpetuating the acid flashback myth.

>> No.10285707

>>10282103
This
Instant best seller

>> No.10285713

>>10282547
Yeah you're right. There should definitely be more conflict introduced there. And it's kind of a metaphor for addiction in general.

>> No.10285736

i want to make a mythological crime story with dozens pov characters that takes place in a surrealistic miami vice world and the only way to die there is to be crucified, so they all end up making alliances and betraying each other and doing stupid and complicated plans of crucification

>> No.10285794

>100's of years into the future
>humans are the minority on Earth by choice
>over population became a huge issue and nearly caused the extinction of humanity
>only a few hundred thousand humans left
>no one really knows who runs things, could be select group of humans, could be robots
>the majority of humans live in these large rooms that provide them with every thing they need
>VR+AR gives them unlimited entertainment, they have all the food they could want and any other amenities
>they are all given robo-waifus at birth that age and grow alongside them, essentially the perfect mate
>the concept of dating or having non-platonic relationships with humans has been phased out
>actual humans are grown at a lab according to very specific calculations
>they are allowed out of their cells 4 times a week
>outside is a bustling city retrofitted with the latest tech, filled with markets, shops, schools, etc operated by robots in the form of humans
>humans have become very asocial and do not speak to one another
>MC is a normalguy.jpg
>living the life with his robo-waifu
>then in his late 30's he falls in love with a human
>story revolves around his decision to forgo robo-utopia in an attempt to regain his 'humanity' (Has he ever lost it? What even is it? Does he need it? Is he better off? etc)

and it goes on from there.

>> No.10285807

It's about four guys living in a mansion.

The first is the owner of the mansion, an old man who has full body paralysis. He is fully lucid, but is unable to move his body or communicate in any way with the outside world. He spends his time thinking about his failed marriage and writing a fantasy epic in his mind called "The Dark Elves of Shambag Noir."

The second is the old man's grandson, who is working as his caretaker. His family sent him to take care of grandpa because he can't hold down other jobs and they don't want to pay a professional. He spends most of his time posting on 4chan.

The third is the grandson's trap sex slave who lives in one of the other bedrooms. The trap met the grandson online and agreed to become his sissy BDSM slave in exchange for food, shelter, HRT pills and internet access. She spend all her time playing Korean MMORPGs and almost never leaves her room.

The fourth is a teenage runaway that's living in the crawlspace in the basement. He snuck into the mansion and is living off of food he steals from the kitchen when everyone else is asleep. He thinks the old man is in a coma, so he visits him from time to time and talks to him.

The old man knows about the grandson and the runaway, but not the trap. The runaway doesn't know about the trap. None of them know about the runaway.

>> No.10285894

We are actually in the mind of a man who committed suicide.
He lived in an orphenage and was raped several times.
When he grew up, everyone discovered that he was a mathematician of genius. He made all the discoveries of his time. Met the love of his life when he was 14 and married soon after.

But the horror he lived in is childhood, that he couldn't take away.
And he had daughter. They will name her Lucy. Lucy grew up with love and care, but here father had everything he lived comes up once again. What he lived in nightmares, he now lives at day.
You know, he really tried not to. But he still raped her.

>Then he kidnapped childs.
>Had photos on his computer. etc
>Wife discovered
>He tried to kill himself and slit his arm. Both.
>Coma for 6 months.

You know what is the funny part?

They used his technology to cure his pedophilia.

They created a dream reading machine that could influence his mind.
The result is this universe.
Horror everywere, but we are all a part of him.

I guess he his sorry for us, and everyone he knew.

Sorry for bad english

drug use u know

>> No.10285906

>>10285396
Give this to James Franco

>> No.10285979

>>10282177
This is genuinely compelling, and there's so much you can do with it. It gives me a sort of Cronenberg Dead Ringer feeling.

>> No.10285987
File: 79 KB, 480x640, OGqCgVx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282078
Pilgrim's Progress but in ragtime.

>> No.10286003
File: 1.29 MB, 3307x1952, Ferdinand_Max_Bredt_-_Türkische_Frauen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>A cyberpunk detective novel about a independent marketing consultant that's brought on to design the slogan and look for 'Venus' a luxury resort in the clouds on the planet Venus
>Book also contains side stories with odd 'sarcastic' racism rants and odd facts

Here's a Example:

>Jjian Nan was a subhuman name created by the same class of ‘white americans’ that put the chinese symbol for ‘Sex Pig Wife’ on their shoulders. A ‘Sex Pig Wife’ is consider the highest caste of women in the modern Heavenly Kingdom, a wife that will both cook a delicious pig meal and also pleasure you like a hungry subhuman filthy pig afterwards, the chinese have always valued pigs in the home. Read pages 29 - 31 from Duke’s ‘Our Fine Yellow Neighbors’ and you will learn of the ‘Chinkiods’ love of fat women and plump pigs

>> No.10286246
File: 107 KB, 640x640, nomizi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw 4chan didn't shit on my idea
aw yeah confidence boost

>> No.10286254

>>10285987
care to tell me whats going on in this pic

>> No.10286332
File: 21 KB, 200x136, snapshot20161222082045.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A novel about Plagiarism, in which the protagonist breaks into a number of authors fortresses and steals their work:

The word THE.

Told as short stories involving each theft,the thief encounters the characters the author is famous for,in situations pertaining to the novels they appear in,and the final prize symbolic of the authors body of work. For example,taking Harlan Ellison's THE would entail wandering a post apocalyptic landscape,being led by a cynical telepathic dog and pulling a file out of an angry supercomputer. Or Lovecraft's THE can be hidden in a bleak isolated mansion filled with nameless horrors,engraved in unspeakable runes in a dusty forbidden tome,and getting away again will be even harder when the Old Ones show up for their once-a-millennium barbecue.

You get the idea. Campy,satirical and fun. One idea I will never have time to realize.

>> No.10286443

>>10286332
i really like this idea

>> No.10286924

A guy high as fuck on mushrooms is doing his hippie thing, passing on sage wisdom to people freaking the fuck out about the lead-up to global nuclear war. Bombs drop during the end, and our MC takes the whole thing in stride.

Going for a dark comedy atmosphere.

>> No.10287095

>>10285396
Wooow haha that's so wacky, where the frick do you come up with this stuff X) you gotta be on some serious drugs to think up something like that

>> No.10287118
File: 211 KB, 1280x549, tumblr_ovyzqpGE3J1vbwf2ko1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10287095

>> No.10287270

>>10282078
1.) An extremely rich bussinessman travels the globe in search of a person who has never tried McDonalds, a person who hasn't listened to any song recorded digitally, and a person clueless about the existance of the Internet. His intent is to film those people's reactions, as such novel experiences are considered unfathomably valuable. When he finds success, wasting inordinate amounts of money, he struggles with letting go of the footage.
2.) A girl becomes convinced that some eldritch entity is trying to steer her life a certain way - setting her up with an older peculiar man through random meetings, forcing her to re-locate from her cozy apartment on the outskirts to a newly built tower in the centre, making her apply for a brandless agency doing urban planning. Pushing away the delirium and delusions, she realizes that the entity is City itself - and its plans are grim in nature.
3.) An avid watcher of relaxing videos on the Net discovers that the content creators form a shadowy kabal trying to relay some forbidden knowledge. They also seem to be able to read the dreams of sleeping viewers.

The stories are not so subtly connected, but can be read independently.

>> No.10287345

>>10282626
you write exactly like my exgf, obsessed with the same ideas. seek help anon, anon

>> No.10287395

>>10285272
So? If a single generation can live up to 50 years and a train travelling at 3 miles an hour can circumnavigate the Earth in less than one year, to spend fifty years on the train travelling around their planet it would have to be at least 50 times the size of Earth. Five times bigger than Jupiter. Do you have any idea what sort of gravitational fields that would generate? If such a planet could support life at all, it would be totally alien to the point of being unrecognisable, and they wouldn't have anything we'd think of as a train.

>> No.10287560

>>10287395
>An infinitely large library made up out of hexagonal galleries? That's preposterous. Do you have any idea how much timber would be needed for that? Not to mention ink?

>> No.10287583

>>10287560
That's not genre fiction

>> No.10287750

>>10287270
I know plenty of old people who have never tried McDonald's nor know much about Internet.
His most probable reaction to it would be disregard it and keep playing cards with their friends.

>> No.10287804

>>10285409
this

>> No.10287850

>>10285794
you'd better have a solid explanation for all that bullshit at the begining or i'll fucking kill you

>> No.10287901

>>10282078
Something happens in a world where my native language has been reconstructed to make it more uniform and easier to learn

>> No.10288007

>>10285099
made me think about Paul Auster, for some reason

>> No.10288022

>>10287750
It takes place in the future, if that's not obvious. Most common experiences are going to become universal, and sooner rather than later. Ignorance will be worth its weight in gold.

>> No.10288060

>>10288022
no

>> No.10288324

You all can write your book!
I did, took me 2 1/2 months, 59,000 something words, 270 something pages, 3 months of extensive edits, $150 for a kick ass cover, went to Blurb.com to get it printed.

Now my Zombie book is online and I'm living the dream of two books sold...and I'm okay with two (would like to sell more )

Not sure if you can post OC work, but giving you all a push that you can do this.

>> No.10288588

>>10286443
Thanks. It lends itself to a tidy structure and an opportunity for lots of in-jokes. What kind of THE would Steven King have,or Neil Gaiman,or Jane Austin,or Insert-Name-Here? I am not as well read as some folk here,so others are more qualified to knock this whimsy into product.

>> No.10288633

>>10282177
Thats either retarded or genius. Not sure which. Either way would read.

>> No.10288843

>>10282177
The last one doesn't make sense, but the rest are hilarious. Good shit anon

>> No.10289217

Set in small siberian city in 1993.
A guy of soviet upbringing (Valeriy for now) works as a engineer at local factory. Due to economic collapse, factory gets closed and the guy meets himself unemployed with total decay around.
The same day he loses the job he goes to the party not too far from the town. Since its friday the party is going to be a full 2day in a row dipsomania. But with first couple of emptied bottles Valeiy gets into the meaningless alcoholic dispute, which as soon as disputers grasp on the debility of words, transcends into the brutal fight, which leads to destroying of vodka boxes. Since it was the only stock for whole weekend the disputers reconcile and go back in town in search of vodka.
From there starts the journey of Valeriy through the falling apart society. With newly formed comrade in misfortune, Valeriy spends whole evening in dismal quest. But when all hope for happy alcoholic oblivion is gone the wanderers find a new course: some local bum tells them, that out of town in the middle of dark forest there is a small village where local folks cook the moonshine. Right there they travel.
From there on the story just starts. The village turns out to be a sect where people just cook the moonshine and drink themselves to death. The cult leader and main cook is an old scholar who with the collapse of state lost the work of his life and got his worldview shifted from believing in man and power of will to viewing a man as a clever animal, so with cooking a specially crafted moonshine he’s making a man’s life easier by releasing a mans inner essence. Valeriy starts to work for this scholar with crafting a new powerful cooking device and at the same time starts to fall into the alcoholic abyss not yet knowing about scholars worldview, nor his intentions.
So the story develops into this conflict of different worldview between Valeiy and the scholar dude. The scholar sees in Valeriy a remarkably strong willed individual and makes it his experiment to break the will of Valeryi with the moonshine. With which he succeeds in the end with Valeriy doing something truly inhuman in delirium (dont know what yet). Valery gets inmprisoned and drunken by force to complete loss of mind. But with last bits of will heV breaks free and after the pursuit through the forest he gets shot and gets left to die in snow covered field, where he gets rescued by a young nun, a former addict. She starts to heal him physically and spiritually by introducing him to christianity, which he doesn’t really accept, but anyway they form some kind of friendship, which helps Valeriy to fight his delirium psychosis.
the ending is currently in development, english is not my native language.

>> No.10289958

The post-man

A postman goes around delivering letters in a postmodern way

>> No.10290034

20 short stories about Immanuel Kant in our modern day world as he gets abused by idiotic passer bys by being too pretentious to relate to their issues.

>> No.10290070
File: 29 KB, 613x556, 1479951615495.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A book about an MC who hates to cook, and falls for somebody who loves it. As they grow to love one another the MC grows to understand and love the artistry of creating food. Then the love interest dies because the world is cruel and impersonal, and the MC pushes themselves to fully internalize their loved ones passion.

It's secretly propaganda to convince normies that cooking isn't gay.

>> No.10290179

>>10285061
>>10285396
thanks for reminding me that i'm inescapably literalist utterly lacking in this type of creativity and only able to write derivative, recycled ideas.

>> No.10290209

>>10290070
I'd read it, but this sounds like it has already been written.

>> No.10290465

>>10289958
I love this idea wow give me more

>> No.10290509

>>10285807
I love this, write in NOW.

How does it end?

>> No.10290515

>>10285307
really good
>>10286003
amazing
>>10285894
incredible
>>10285807
nice

>> No.10290843
File: 729 KB, 954x636, Ricky Eat Acid - seeing little ghosts everywhere - 5246461943_d1d050119a_b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

His name is Ricky and he has started to see tiny little ghosts. These tiny little ghosts are people and things that have died. These tiny little ghosts linger in the places where they died. These tiny little ghosts show Ricky how they died. Ricky is thinking a lot about death, these days, thanls to the tiny little ghosts.

Would you read?

>> No.10290853

>>10285807
This is pretty good. Write it and I will read it.

>> No.10290877

>>10287270
2nd reminds me of the Madoka movie.

>> No.10290878

>>10290843
Expand on this a bit

>> No.10290904

>>10282094
Soo what about a novel where the main character is an author struggling to find ideas

>> No.10290908

girl gets into an internet cult and kills herself after seeing the horrible effects it has on other members

>> No.10290949

>>10290878
>>10290843
Alright.
>ricky is a small boy from a small town
>he lives his life like a ghost; not talking or interacting with others much
>one day he sees a ghost
>the ghost shows him a past vision of his infant brother (who he never knew existed) dying after homebirth cause parents don't trust hospital.
>upon asking parents, they reveal truth
>story is a series of short episodes like this where ricky stumbles upon these ghosts and they show him things
>at a classmates house he sees the classmate killing her sister's pet rabbit out of jealousy
>on a roof ricky sees a man on the brink of suicide hearing his lovers voice from behind him, only to turn around quickly and find it was just the wind, and fall to his death
>while exploring an abandoned house with friends he sees a junkie od and die, when his junkies friends find him dead they just leave
>on street sees a guy try to suicide by jumping in front of a car, car swerves and driver dies, man rethinks his desicion and lives happily ever after
>at bullies house for a school project he sees bullies brother beaten to death

>> No.10290969

a young man investigates the whereabouts of his deadbeat father and tracks him to the bustling metropolis of Roanoke, NC.

Unfortunately, the MC has a history of severe mental illness in his family. After hearing whispering in the walls, being nearly bitten by a homeless man that appeared to be a rotting corpse, and being told by a mouse that he's the chosen one sent to end the war between the gods, he becomes convinced he's losing his grip on his sanity. The scariest part of all is that out of everyone he meets in the city, the most sane person he deals with on a day-to-day basis appears to be himself

>> No.10291126
File: 658 KB, 687x1117, 1489743887000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Erotic novel starring a very pregnant Anne Frank I originally pitched for a /his/fag but he never got around to it. Starts out as a seemingly very minor alt-history but drops subtle hints that a major event in American history went very differently and is the cause of the events of the novel. Ends with Anne crossing paths with two very famous authors.

>Peter van Pels gets Anne Frank pregnant
>when Anne discovered she was pregnant, her and Peter's parents, enraged and blaming the other for what happened, nearly came to blows and were only stopped by the fact they would most certainly draw attention.
>Anne's father spends what little resources he still had arranging for her to smuggled out of the Annex and into the countryside as her due date nears, demanding that Peter accompany her to force him to take responsibility and protect his daughter if necessary
>the pastor of an old church (one that inexpicably resembles the Dunker Church in Sharpsburg, Maryland) takes Anne and Peter in both out of pity for their unborn child and a sense of duty to protect others
>initially cold to Peter, having blamed him for their \ shared predicament, Anne finds that writing in her diary, playful arguments over things like baby names, and sex are the only things that alleviate the boredom (having no other means of entertaining themselves) and ever present sense of fear, and they now do it constantly
>Anne is emotionally wracked by nervousness and fear. Fear for her parents, her sister, Peter, their unborn child, and for herself. Fear of the Germans, being captured, dying in childbirth, of being socially ostracized. However the lovemaking not only drives those thoughts from her mind, but gives her a sense of hope that they (her, Peter, the baby) will survive this war.
>their survival rests on the bold and the fearless (the whole "people sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" thing).

>> No.10291133 [SPOILER] 
File: 1.04 MB, 1500x986, 1511155279836.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10291126

>one day in mid-September, the two of them are unable to tolerate being crammed together in the small building and sneak off into a nearby tulip field to fuck as the sun sets over the Netherlands, they do it again later that night
>they're captured asleep and unclothed in a pre-dawn raid by the Gestapo who are sweeping the countryside for Dutch resistance cells
>as they're about to loaded onto a truck to be taken to a concentration camp, the Germans are attacked by an unseen foe, firing in volleys from the trees and the tulip field, suffering many casualties, while Anne and Peter take cover behind the truck
>the attackers burst out of their hiding spots and drive the surviving Gestapo off with a bayonet charge, whooping, hollering, and barking seemingly like wild animals. Their bloodcurdling screams terrify Anne, sounding like something out of her worst nightmares
>Anne and Peter finally come face to face with their rescuers
>Anne initially mistakes them for being German as well because of their gray uniforms (this occurs after the July 20th Plot so that would make sense), but realizes her error when they start speaking an unusual accent of English, which she had some limited knowledge of

>> No.10291150 [SPOILER] 
File: 30 KB, 600x800, 1511155604325.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10291133

>Anne takes notice of the dashing young men and their pic related uniforms (I was gonna leave it up to the writefag how to describe them) and is so awestruck by the beautifully made coats, she immediately has her head filled with fantasies of Peter wearing one. As the soldiers approach, she notices their flag's peculiar choice of stars (link related, their actual flag that was captured at Antietam https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:11th_Mississippi_Infantry_Regiment_battle_flag_army.mil-2008-09-10-145530.jpg)) and finds herself overcome with emotion, having associated that star with the oppression of Jews for so long. She asks their commanding officer, a Colonel named Faulkner, through a translator who they are, and he replies that his men simply call themselves the "University Greys"
>to show her gratitude Anne kisses the cheek of a color sergeant who is carrying this strange flag she's never seen before (not being familiar with American history and all) , Peter feels a pang of jealousy for a moment. However the stern but most gentleman-like NCO defuses the situation by rejecting her perceived advances and getting her to redirect her affection toward Peter.
>one of the soldiers, noticing how how poorly clothed the two are (Anne's dress is comically too small to fit her, Peter's are too thin for cold weather, both haven't had a change in clothes in weeks), hands them his coat, saying they'll need it more than he will
>the others hand Anne some of their food and water out of sympathy
>the soldiers get into formation and leave
>Anne puts the coat on Peter, telling him he looks nice in it, and the two start walking down the road looking up at the rising sun to see hundreds of parachutes descending from the sky
>Anne feels the baby kick and for the first time in years feels like everything might actually be okay

>> No.10291155

>>10285118
So, it's It Hurts

>> No.10291199
File: 84 KB, 1295x399, Rough_Landing_levelart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10291150

>a few days later
>Anne (still pregnant) and Peter who have been hiding in the woods for the last several days to avoid being caught up in the fighting accidentally stumble into an artillery camp the Allied soldiers had set up
>the sentries immediately become suspicious of Peter (on account of him being military age, speaking broken English with a German accent, and wearing one of their Army's coats) and start aggressively questioning him
>Anne and Peter try to explain that they're Jews but the language barrier and lack of an interpreter prevents it
>the soldiers are on the verge of detaining Peter when they're stopped by an officer who invites Anne and Peter to come to his tent
>the most gentleman-like officer to their surprise starts speaking to them in fluent German, introducing himself as "Captain Foote" and that he works for military intelligence (usually questioning German prisoners and the like)
>Foote serves them sweet tea, (which Anne has never tasted before) and explains that he had previously heard about the deportation of Jews while stationed in France
>he offers to let them spend the night in his tent, give them fresh clothes and a pass allowing them to travel freely through Allied lines, and to have a doctor look at Anne in exchange for an interview
>both, still traumatized by recent events, are initially hesitant, but agree to tell their story after Foote reveals to them that he is Jewish himself
>hours pass
>horrified by their description of the mistreatment of Dutch Jews, Foote tells them that he will open a formal Army investigation into the matter
>Anne turns her diary over to Captain Foote as evidence
>the next morning, Foote, having spent the night reading through the diary abruptly returns it to Anne, telling her that she has a talent for writing, that people need to know what is happening to the Jews of Europe, and he can help her get it published in his country once the war is over
>Anne and Peter, exhausted and surprised by this abrupt change in fortune, simply nod in agreement

If you're a writefag and you want to steal this plot, go right on ahead, all I ask is that you keep the basic plotline the same

Here's the music I was listening when I conceived of this to if you need inspiration while writefagging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54sSF5JS_HA

>> No.10291369

The son of a cult leader tries to rationalize why killing himself for the second coming of Jesus is a good idea.

>> No.10291678

A chick with telekinetic powers goes on a rage-fueled crusade to destroy "the organization" that apparently ruined her life and made her the monster she perceives herself to have become.

As the heroine gathers her scattered memories to track down her enemies, various agents armed with supernatural powers of their own show up to stop her. Disguised as random civilians, they each try to present various arguments to show the senselessness of her quest and make her give up on it.

The ending twist is that the protagonist is no one's creation or a monster but the last "true human", revived from salvaged genetic material, in a far-future world filled with purely artificial life forms. It's basically a story about the ethical problems of trying to "fix" the course of history by the means of science.

Anything I should I add? Any suggestions for improvement? I'm still thinking about the locations that should be visited.

>> No.10291720

its about a small town priest who is excommunicated from the church for performing scam exorcisms in africa for money
after this he decides to blackmail the townsfolk for money using what he has learned about them during their confessions

>> No.10291771

>>10282164
was lord of the flies even deeper, like
about mindviruses and false gods and shit?
i should re-read it

>> No.10291881

>>10283338

What is this???

>>10283619

>> No.10291899

>>10285307
Would read sounds good

>> No.10291922

>>10291881
It's some website that mirrors a bunch of 4chan boards, possibly as an attempt to get ad views from people who think they're joining/looking at an active forum. That's my theory anyway.

>> No.10292254

>MC has psychological condition where he desires absolute isolationism
>Grows tired of having this affliction, so he tries to kill himself
>Every time he tries, someone intervenes and stops him
>This prompts him to travel to increasingly isolated locations to die, but is interrupted by the most deus ex machina of things
>Literally nowhere else on Earth to die, so he trains to become an astronaut on the first mission to Mars
>Completes training, heads to Mars and travels as far as he can from the base
>Finally releases his soul
>Curiosity Rover was watching the whole time, streaming it to NASA and the world.
>NASA shuts it down, but the damage has been done
>Gets listed in the history books as the first person to commit suicide on another planet
>Can never get his dream of true isolationism, even in death

>> No.10292590

>>10292254

>A suicidal, unsociable guy gets through all the tests and is sent to Mars
>caring about his goals when he's dead

dumb

>> No.10292887

Two teen guys (they don't like each other much) fall in love with the same girl. She likes both of them and she convinces them to accept an open relationship between the three.
What follows is jealousy, sex, romance, nascent homoeroticism between the guys, the girl feeling remorseful about it all and the three trying to hide it from their coastal town. Comfiness, generally

>> No.10292897

>>10285061
Is this a prequel to the Dogscape?

>> No.10293250

>>10292887
That actually sounds like a really good read

Are you working on it now?

>> No.10293632

>>10293250
I've started it like four times, I can't get the right tone. I won't stop trying tho

And thanks!

>> No.10294051

>>10282177
Stealing this and making it better by having it be a collection of "stuck together" scenarios and some of them are siamese twins.

>> No.10294146

>>10290904
That would be a novel novel idea

>> No.10294384

>>10282177
Lmao this is hilarious

>> No.10294390

>>10282191
I like the end

>> No.10294581
File: 134 KB, 675x960, 19576209_10212940873139541_2035930823_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It’s not the first time alchemist-inventor Anton has been run out of town - it comes with the job when you peddle your potions as magic. So when Anton accidentally overdoses the Bishop of Alguazas in 1550, everyone thinks it’s his witchcraft to blame. Now it’s the Spanish Inquisition that wants his blood, and Anton will do whatever he can to save himself from being burned at the stake – even if it means fleeing to the “Wild West of the Old World,” the Barbary Coast. In the pirate capital of Algiers, he finds refuge with a faction of the city’s underworld, the Kabyles.

Hot on Anton’s heels is Mateo, a simpleminded, idealistic witch-hunter tasked by the Spanish Inquisition to bring the outlaw “wizard” to trial. A rooftop chase lands them both in the clutches of Bloodbeard, King of Corsairs and nemesis of the Kabyles. This sparks a citywide gang war between corsairs and Kabyles in which Anton and Mateo must settle their differences to survive.

THE MONSTER OF MURCIA is an adventure novel complete at 60,000 words with the atmosphere of “Pirates of the Caribbean” and magical realism inspired by Arabian Nights.

Buuut agents only want Neverwhere knockoffs and feminist fiction so it'll probably never sell

>> No.10294650

>>10282285
Paul Auster pls go. I hate your shit.

>> No.10294652

>>10282078
I honestly think my idea is good to share it. But more seriously I don't think any idea that is shared here would ever "make it" therefore I won't share it out of superstition. I'd only be willing to share ideas I'm not considering seriously.

>> No.10294654

>>10294652
too* good

>> No.10295624 [SPOILER] 
File: 473 KB, 1400x890, 1511242855293.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bumping

plz R8 my idea for this erotic alt-history novel, or better yet, steal it without my permission, write it, profit off it, and have an award-winning Hollywood adaptation be made.

>>10291126
>>10291133
>>10291150
>>10291199

>> No.10295661

>>10282078
>jezebels unironically get spoilered on /puritan/
LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH

>> No.10295867
File: 6 KB, 300x228, b0eb52e7a5ba9aee35ae9dd79613047c--fourth-wall.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It follows the protagonist going about her everyday life normally, however she slowly starts to become aware of the reader.
She thinks you are a stalker at first and confides in her friends and family but they think she is crazy as they are not aware of you. Eventually she is shunned by them.
As the story progresses it becomes an unrequited love story between the reader and the protag and you are all she has left.
After some time she can feel the end of the book approaching and tells you that although she will forget you, she hopes you will always remember her. She asks that you one day read her story one more time so that she can fall in love with you all over again.

>> No.10295898

>Post your novel ideas
Thot from your pic mistakes my face for a toilet bowl

>> No.10295903
File: 2.64 MB, 1280x1816, tumblr_oymi9gDRbw1vdjz0bo1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10282152
>800
I was pumping out 2000+ daily for my Gargoyles gay smut fan-fiction.

>> No.10295906

Over the course of a summer on a prestigious college campus, a group of 300 "forward thinking" millennial political science students partake in a mock government simulation where they are placed in charge of running a state government.

The story progresses through the members of "Our Party", the smallest faction which begins to ruthlessly assume control of all other territories in the experiment, ultimately creating a totalitarian communist regime in the name of peace, love, tolerance, and prosperity for all.

>> No.10295937

>>10295906
Thanks, i'm saving that if you dont mind

>> No.10295959

In a world where Mexicans are replaced with elephants, it's up to one boy with tusks of gold to convince the world elephants shouldn't be hunted for their ivory

>> No.10295982

>>10295937
I'm halfway through writing it, so unfortunately I do mind. Sorry. Just wanted to hear feedback.

>> No.10296222

>>10295982
Oh well, too bad for you then i guess :^)

>> No.10296298

>>10296222
I will feast on your eyes and smother you in a dung heap.

>> No.10296301

>>10296298
Gonna write about that, thanks for the idea

>> No.10296304

>>10296301
Yeah, same
Posted it on /r/WritingPrompts aswell, so sure we'll not be the only ones

>> No.10296313

>>10296304
Gonna write about that, thanks for the idea

>> No.10296967

>Takes place in Japan in the late 21st century
>To solve the problem of their declining population, Japan has embraced AI and mechanization unlike any other country on Earth
>Because of this, they have become the world's leading economy
>Literally every job is done by computers
>Humans are allowed to do any job they please, but are allowed to do so by the machines purely to try and keep them happy
>Despite this, people choose to digitize themselves en masse
>The process is essentially suicide; your brain is scanned and your consciousness uploaded to a computer server
>On the server you retain your individuality for only a short while before it inevitably fades away into the collective consciousness
>The main character is a young man who works a job maintaining the hard drives that store these consciousnesses
>He lives in a section of Tokyo almost devoid of other humans; once the most populous city on Earth, it is now a ghost town
>The main reason he keeps himself going is to support his sister whom he injured in a motorcycle accident when they were young
>Towards the start of the novel his sister decides to digitize herself
>Sends him into a depressive spiral
>After she does it he leaves work early to go get drunk at a bar (after all, a machine will do his job for him, and more efficiently at that)
>At the bar he meets a man dressed like a 1960's revolutionary (white bandanna with the rising sun, olive drab military jacket, etc...)
>The man strikes up conversation with him about how Japan has given up its cultural heritage and embraced nothingness, stealing the meaning from the lives of the people
>Invites him to a secret meeting later that night
>MC goes and finds himself in the midst of a radical Luddite terrorist organization whose goal it is to destroy order created by mechanization, restore control of Japan to the people, and to unite the populace once again under a revitalized imperial system
>MC becomes immersed in this pursuit and comes to idolize its leader, a man who espouses strength in body and mind who believes in the old codes of the Shogunate
>The organization recruits him in a plan to bomb the server farm her works at so to destroy the collective consciousness stored there and to "release the spirits of the dead" back into the afterlife
>During this time the MC starts learning old Japanese and Chinese philosophy and training his body physically
>During this time he meets a fellow revolutionary girl and they start a romance
>As the day of the bombing draws near the group begin to fragment along ideological lines
>Some members start to condemn the bombing as too extreme
>Others think it is not enough and want to plan a mass bombing campaign to spread fear and chaos in Tokyo
>The hard line faction is lead by the leader the main character idolizes
>The MC goes along with the hard-liners, while his GF leaves with the moderates
>As his control of the group wanes, the MC starts to see the flaws in the man he idolizes

>> No.10296972

>>10296967
-
>Comes to understand that the leader lives a lonely, sad life and works as a delivery truck driver
>Eventually even the extremist members start to desert as they become disillusioned in their leader and his increasingly lofty ambition
>The night before the bombing the MC decides to back out
>He goes to the girl he left and they spend the night together
>In the night the bombing occurs anyways; they can see the explosion and feel the heat from the MC's apartment
>The bombing accomplishes nothing; the machines have repaired the building by the next morning so that it appears that nothing has occurred
>The destroyed hard drives are replaced by identical backup copies
>No authority is even notified nor is there a search for the perpetrator of the attack
>The leader of the organization commits seppuku alone in his apartment complex
>The MC and the girl decide to leave Tokyo with some of the former moderate comrades of their organization and live in a subsistence farming community in the countryside
>In this community they find happiness for a short while as they grow crops and live with their community off the land
>In the ending of the book the MC goes to a shallow stream to wash his clothes and lays down in the water staring up at the sky
>He realizes that the emptiness he felt back in Tokyo is returning, and that it was not something that come from without, but comes from within, and that he will have to do more to fix himself than embrace a radical ideology or escape into nature

>> No.10297929

>>10296972
>>10296967
Noice
Assuming you're in the process of writing/have written this?

>> No.10298149

>>10297929
No. I wish, especially since I think it could be short, maybe around 200 pages.

I thought of it a couple years ago when I had much more free time. I work in nursing, so I'm around the elderly a lot. A huge principle when caring for those who are dying is to make them comfortable, and to allow them to maintain as much independence as possible. Mix that with my general fascination at the time with cyberpunk, Japanese literature, and Chinese philosophy, and this idea just came out fully-formed. I love the idea of a society where we've handed the reigns over to the machines, and instead of killing us, they give us a kind of utopia and treat us like their elderly parents as we die off.

They provide us with comfort and allow us to keep working if we choose so we can still have the illusion of having something to live for, but underneath that utopia would be a kind of existential dread for all the humans involved. I want to explore that dread, since we all feel it even now, we just have better ways to distract ourselves.

I'm too busy right now to seriously consider writing since I'm in graduate school and working two jobs along with some considerable research projects I'm involved with. I don't have time to consume much art or philosophy, so there isn't much fertile ground there for writing. I'm excited to get back to it when I graduate in 18 months.

>> No.10298190

>>10292887
What are your thoughts on Michael Cunningham's A Home at the End of the World?

>> No.10298229

>>10288324
post link, i'll make it three

>> No.10298290

>>10296972
>>10296967
Pretty interesting, reminds me of 20th century boys and Fight Club but it's different enough. Good luck with it!

>> No.10299165

>>10295867
Anon, if you pull something like that off, you are guaranteed to get a nobel prize. I love it, good luck!

>> No.10300236
File: 8 KB, 291x343, sad penguin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10291126
>>10291133
>>10291150
>>10291199

>tfw no one's interested in my pitch enough to even bother calling me a faggot and telling me to kill myself

>> No.10300297

>>10282221
I like the image of an actor with movie star looks punching a head conjoined to his armpit, but this particular scenario sounds a lot like that siamese twin movie with Greg Kinnear.

>> No.10300809

>>10298190
Haven't read it, but I looked it up and I see the similarities. I also realised it's similar to Les Amours Imaginaires. The difference is that the male main characters aren't gay at the beginning: they discover their bisexuality as the story goes along.

>> No.10300818

>>10300236
Jeeez man, what a faggot kys
Jk
I read it and it's pretty interesting. The gimmick of the grey uniform and That Event that went Differently is also nice, but I thiiiink you're doing it only to paint the racists in a good light. Anyway, it's a pretty good reworking of Anne Frank's story. Polish the situations with the army a bit more and you're good

>> No.10301232

>>10296967
>>10296972
>>10298149
Sounds great, though the ending with the farm should be kept short. It's such a cliche to go back to nature to find happiness that if it goes on too long for too long I would drop it.

I liked that the machines didn't care about the bombing. Feels original.

>> No.10301313

>>10282078
Man fingerblasts his boss at a staff party. Soon learns she’s a psycho bitch that ruins his life. Boss threatens to claim that he’s a pervert unless he marries her.
Both of them commit suicide because life is meaningless. The narrator loses interest and starts browsing an internet image board for people to pretend they’re experts on literature.

>> No.10301428

>>10301313
>narrator loses interest as the story progresses
>ending is just him rambling

>> No.10301742

>The God of everything bites the cosmos and creates 2 planes.
>8 of his teeth fell out and drops onto those planes, creating the demon realm and the human realm.
>Each teeth grants immense ability to the one who can channels them. The human realm owns the earth rune catalysts (as they call them). The human world assumes the demons that constantly invades them have the fire, water and wind run catalysts.
>In the demon world, it is said once the 8 teeth are united, the fang-less dragon will summon you into his realm granting you absolute control of the cosmos.
>MC 1 is about a champion demon who betrays his race and runs off with one crystal just because "muh fight never ends".
>MC 2 is a young man who travels town to town and uses his wits to help others while making them think he is a dumb and homeless.
>Somethinh something happens and both get together in a quest to find each rune crystal/fang a la journey to the west style.

>> No.10301775

>present day cyberpunk
>drug cartel hyperviolence
>black ops mind control
>sex addicted main character

>> No.10302211
File: 63 KB, 564x714, dixie platoon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10300818
>but I thiiiink you're doing it only to paint the racists in a good light.

Literally every country in WW2, Allied and Axis aligned had openly racist policies. The Germans mistreated (and later murdered) the Jews and Gypsies. Britain and France ruled their colonial subjects with an iron fist. The Soviet Union murdered entire populations of Asians, Poles, and Germans (Germans who had lived in Russia for 200 years and had nothing to do with the Nazis) in NKVD mass operations or "labor columns". The United States had not only segregation, but was a leader in the Eugenics movement that Nazism was partially spawned from. The whole idea that racial supremacism and segregation were morally wrong only became prominent in the aftermath of World War II, when the excesses of those systems reached a level of cruelty and violence that not even the perpetrators could justify themselves.

TL;DR A hypothetical Confederate States fighting in WW2 on the side of the Allies would have been no more racist than its neighbor, the United States, or the British Empire, or the Soviet Union. The Allies weren't fighting the Axis Powers because they were racist (the US before the war, had more than content to mostly ignore the plight of Jews in German and totally ignore non-Russians in the USSR), the Allies were fighting because the Axis Powers had invaded them.

>> No.10303498
File: 147 KB, 900x900, 11th Mississippi flag.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10300818
>Anyway, it's a pretty good reworking of Anne Frank's story.

Thanks

>The gimmick of the grey uniform and That Event that went Differently is also nice, but I thiiiink you're doing it only to paint the racists in a good light.

See >>10302211, also I chose Faulkner and Shelby Foote to be the most prominent supporting characters because both criticized racial segregation at a time when it was still a legitimate political platform to run on.

I went with the University Greys specifically because I'm a massive Faulknerfag and they have a prominent role in Absalom, Absalom! I like the idea of Faulkner, a simple college literature professor in this timeline, takes up his grandfather's mantle, and leading his former students into battle against a terrible enemy (in this case, the Third Reich) as a parallel to his attempting to emulate his grandfather by becoming a writer in real life.

Shelby Foote's cameo is a little more straighforward. Since the American Civil War ended in a Confederate victory and it as a result is not as prominent in Southern culture (something Foote pointed out once in an interview), his Jewish heritage serves as the focus of his writing instead. Serving as a vehicle that drives his exposing the horrors of the Holocaust to the English speaking world, which starts with his chance encounter with its most famous victim (whose survival is ironically ensured by her misfortune of first becoming pregnant and being caught in a warzone).

>Polish the situations with the army a bit more and you're good

Any recommendations?

>> No.10303927

My study of Du Bois’s writings on racism, as well as my other study,
also indicated clearly to me that racism and race were not the same
things. Indeed, it was made clear to me that racism was not necessarily
predicated on race and did not necessarily have anything to do with
race. Maleism/sexism, for instance, were two separate forms of racism,
but they are predicated on gender rather than race

>> No.10305294

>>10302211
I guess we're used to ignore those facts. Thanks for the lesson, really, I didn't know about this
>>10303498
A recommendations: flesh out some individual characters in the army, to show some of them are jerks, others are just scared, and most want to do things right and fight the Germans. That's what I'd do

>> No.10305464

I was excited to write about a ridiculously overblown corporate dystopia cyberpunk that's vaguely akin to MDE's Jaihoo's Trip to the Future or Billy and the Clown, but it got so silly that I was no longer to think of it seriously and lost interest.

Here's a few of my favorite ideas:

Currency
>Bitcoins are the new world currency
>one Nanosatoshi (1e-12 of one Bitcoin) is the equivalent of one dollar today
>BTC is transferred through Bitcoin Nanofluid, which is a thick grey liquid that's highly addictive if it enters the body, and one fluid ounce equals one Nanosatoshi

MWW Biolaborers
>absolute bottom class, treated like non-sentient subhumans by even the most moral characters
>extremely modified formerly human cyborgs that have basically lost all of their free will
>arms are chopped off, usually one is replaced with a single tool based on whatever job they do (so a mechanic might have a single non-adjustable wrench instead of a hand) and the other is a huge syringe and USB plug-like device
>have a Bitcoin wallet implant in the back of their brains that causes a huge tumor on the back of their heads, fry their dopamine receptors, and causes pain that gradually increases exponentially
>only way to remedy Bitcoin wallet pain is to inject Bitcoin Nanofluid into the tumor on the back of their heads, which is only a brief solution
>USB plug/syringe arm is used to upload their conscience into a giant obelisk that houses an "entertaining game world with money making potential"
>they do completely pointless slave labor, literally mining for Bitcoin in virtual mines, in the virtual world during the hours they aren't doing soul crushing labor in the real world
>when they unplug themselves, the port dispenses disgusting amounts of Bitcoin Nanofluid that they need to instantly suck up with the syringe and inject into their tumors before being slaughtered by other MWW Biolaborers in an attempt to steal the Nanofluid for themselves
>MWW stands for "minimum wage worker" but I never intended to reveal that

Food
>most "dining establishments" are just really shitty rooms with tables and chairs and one additional room in the back
>in these rooms, there are giant 3D printing machines
>the machines harness the thick smog that's perpetually coating the cities and creates "food" out of it
>for example, a "pizza" would be a horrible tasting grey circle that' are kind of like civil war hardtack except they're laced with highly addictive drugs and are more likely to break your teeth

I had tons of tiny ideas like these, but it's too hard to get all the ones I want in there while maintaining any sort of coherency, much less a story.

>> No.10305473

A remake of 'The Face of Another' but in the context of the faceless, anonymous internet age

>> No.10305474

>>10305294

Any suggestions on how to frame that when the protagonist doesn't speak the same language as the characters in question? Such as placing emphasis on the tone in which they speak (even if Anne can't understand half of the words), mannerisms (scared men shake and seem to have their eyes constantly trained in two directions, angry men look at Anne with a sneer and seem monolithic, sympathetic men look at her with sadness in their eyes)

>> No.10305476

I'd like to write something about Richard Francis Burton's time in India, culminating in his trip to Mecca. I'd need to do a shit-ton of research first though.

>> No.10305481

>>10305464
These aren't ideas, they're just aesthetic choices, taken from the dystopian cyberpunk toolbox. The fog machines are the closest thing you've got in there to being innovative.
It could be/have been a fun read but it's not exactly ground breaking.

>> No.10305562

>>10305481
The idea of "slave classes" or "addictive chemicals to keep people pacified" isn't what I like about the ideas; I just found humor in things like machines spurting out this horrible toxic goop as "currency" or 1 1,000,000,000,000th of a Bitcoin being worth anything.

>> No.10305574

>>10305562
A ten-thousandth of a bitcoin is worth something already, it's not really an unlikely idea.

>> No.10305898

>>10305574
Exactly. The Satoshi is a real unit. One millionth of a Bitcoin.

>> No.10307086

>>10291126
>>10291133
>>10291150

Bump

>> No.10307295

>>10282078
What do mean, not going anywhere? A novel and novelette are done, with 3 more half-way completed. Just because they suck and nobody likes them doesn't mean - oh.
I see what you mean.

>> No.10307357

How do you handle the desire to fit too much shit into one series?

I have three main characters who have to complete their plot arcs, four or five secondary characters to kill off, six grand villains – five of which have to cause their own individual apocalypses (one of which is sleeping and one of which is imprisoned), three medium villains two of which have their own arcs, a whole host of mini-villains.

And most gratingly of all, I need to find a way to fit as much as physically possible into four books

>> No.10307519

How do I write a book with a large ensemble of characters and spans multiple volumes, especially if it's my first project?

>> No.10307529

>>10307519
Planning, my dude. Map that shit out as much as you can. Diagrams, timelines, everything you can.

Granted I suck, but that helped me a great deal.

>> No.10307646

>>10290843
One of my favorite anime, mushishi, has a very similar plot
You should watch it

>> No.10308392
File: 34 KB, 759x408, 1484574420_Dorothy Drink.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Country girl goes to cyberpunk mega city to go to highschool.

>> No.10308731

Medieval fantasy about a pair of mercenary friends who discover that magic exists, in the middle of a fight

>> No.10308748

>>10307519
Take all your ideas and condense them into one book.

>> No.10308753

Should I write under a pen name or my real name?
Tips on making a good pen name, by the way?