[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 46 KB, 200x200, 1497959788248.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10164804 No.10164804 [Reply] [Original]

Guys, I figured it out. I recently got a new job from this older dude, doing chores and helping him grow his weed, generally a pretty cool dude but he listens to a lot of Jordan Peterson so unfortunately I've had to listen to a lot of it.

First of all, once you get out of all the post modernism blaming and he actually starts talking about how these stories can have a good applications for your life, he's not that bad. I just hate how absolute he pretends to be about his interpretation of an almost 3000 year old book which has gone through multiple translations.

He says he wants to start a "university" where you pay monthly (tithe) and you get new lectures (sermons) but he's too much of a pussy to call it that and instead tries borrow authority from the university to push in own religion onto his followers/students.

>> No.10164806

Jordan Peterson is Sneaky Church. That's why he lectures so much on the Bible.

>> No.10164820
File: 94 KB, 600x596, 1504911778360.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It worries me very much that at the fringes of the average intellectual capacity, to say you and those who share this website, there can only exist an interpretative dichotomy. Jordan is seen by those who exist to contradict convention (again, you) as thought of as some sort of faux messiah. Whilst those who understand his methodologies and the pools of knowledge from which he draws his languished explanatory knowledge of the topics he speaks have to sit back, with full knowledge of his intentions and his capabilities, and watch retards like you accuse anyone who even invokes the visage of the man in jest of being apart of the cult of personality you've literally invented to compensate for your failure to fall into my category.

Men who actually fucking understand what he's saying.

>> No.10164839

>>10164820
Good troll. I didn't expect to read anything so grating tonight.

>> No.10164861

that guy proposing at the end of the last biblical lecture made me uncomfortable desu, felt very cultish imho.

>> No.10164871
File: 513 KB, 994x632, 1507664842164.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10164820
Is this pasta? If not it should be.

>> No.10164875

>>10164820
>methodologies and the pools of knowledge from which he draws his languished explanatory knowledge
tried to hard even for a troll, the key is to make a few errors for (you)s

>> No.10164909

>>10164804
How has the Bible gone through multiple translations? Do you think there’s like levels to it? Do you think modern translations just modernize the JKV or some shit? That’s not how it works

>> No.10164958

>>10164909
fuck off. Read the Dead Sea Scrolls then. That's a completely different version of the bible that's full of a ton of encoded fertility rituals. And that's not even mentioning the fact that our bible is a product of the Council of Nicae where they decided what gospels "belong" under the direction of Emperor Constantine who didn't even convert until his deathbed.

>> No.10164961

>>10164958
Supposedly converted

>> No.10164974

>>10164958
That's from the Da Vanci Code, the council of Nicaea wasn't about determining the canon. The proto-orthodox used the four gospels already in the second century AD, as we can see from the Muratorian fragment. They were in every Church father's canon from then on.

>That's a completely different version of the bible
They had variants of jewish scriptures, probably closer to the originals to the later Masoretic Text, but there wasn't a codified bible at that time.

>> No.10165034

>>10164820
To be fair you have to have a pretty high IQ to understand Jordan Peterson

>> No.10165041

>>10165034
You better post it mang

>> No.10165054

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Jordan Peterson. The insight is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the degeneration of western civilization most of the jokes will go over a typical recipiants head. There's also Jordan's pseudointellectual outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws exclusively from psychology literature, Carl Jung for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these ramlbings, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about CULTURAL MARXISM. As a consequence, people who dislike Jordan Peterson truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the self-help in Jordan's existential catchphrase "Clean Your Room!" which itself is a cryptic reference to Molyneux's epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those post-modern simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Petersons genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Carl Jung tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're willing to have 5 children of my own and no professional ambition beforehand.

>> No.10165057

>>10164958
It's almost like the church made the bible, not the other way around.

Woooaaaahhh

>> No.10165070

>>10164820
>>10164820
It worries me very much that at the fringes of the average intellectual capacity, to say you and those who share this website, there can only exist an interpretative dichotomy. Jordan is seen by those who exist to contradict convention (again, you) as thought of as some sort of faux messiah. Whilst those who understand his methodologies and the pools of knowledge from which he draws his languished explanatory knowledge of the topics he speaks have to sit back, with full knowledge of his intentions and his capabilities, and watch retards like you accuse anyone who even invokes the visage of the man in jest of being apart of the cult of personality you've literally invented to compensate for your failure to fall into my category.
Men who actually fucking understand what he's saying.

>> No.10165303

>>10165054
Good shit

>> No.10165323

>>10164820
>14 year old discovers online thesaurus: the post