Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/lit/ - Literature

Search:


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.13975242 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1531532455800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13975242

>>13975161
Say, what's more important, IQ or a culture in which labour, morality and reason is being nurtured?
The IQ question can only take you so far and one last thing, keep this yo yourself and don't tell anyone, but jews really like to lie. Don't know, could just be a stereotype!

>> No.13966521 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1531532455800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13966521

>Guénon didn't delineate exactly what's wrong with the modern worl-

>> No.13773382 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1560637711676.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13773382

>nobody has posted it

>> No.13443382 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, IMG_8007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13443382

aestheticism and abstractions are both symptoms of degeneration

>> No.13365820 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1560637711676.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13365820

>>13365111

>> No.13304475 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1535644455830.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13304475

>> No.13280782 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1535644455830.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13280782

>>13280450
I memed Guenon into common parlance on /lit/ starting about 5 years ago and a bunch of people read and ended up partially or fully agreeing with him and as a result of this many of them began to adopt more positions that can be painted as right-wing or reactionary and they slowly gained widespread traction over the years across /lit/ and the other boards. To the other anons who also contributed, I offer you my thanks.

>> No.13138544 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1535644455830.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13138544

TRADITIONALISM IS ETERNAL

>> No.13068595 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1535644455830.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13068595

>>13068567
I agree, truly he is without equal, unparalleled in the modern era

also this >>13068584

>> No.13024348 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1535644455830.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13024348

>>13024340
https://ignotascintilla.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/renc3a9-guc3a9non-the-misdeeds-of-psychoanalysis-1.pdf

>> No.12975270 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1535644455830.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12975270

The insidiousness of Jordan Peterson is that he simultaneously reduces timeless wisdom to self-help jargon and common sense advice while also affirming the righteousness and desirability of modernity. All of the problems that Peterson tackles are themselves just various manifestations of modernity itself, but nothing he talks or writes delves into this larger problem itself or how to deal with it. To the contrary, he takes religious texts that contain profound wisdom and teachings passed down through the ages and uses them as corporate bug-man self-help advice for kids who weren't raised properly. Peterson low-key pushes a mythos that western society in modernity is fundamentally just and a good thing and that aside from some irrational, stupid and greedy people that you have to deal with that everything is okay in principle.

This couldn't be more wrong. Since the emergence of civilization most of the them were united by religious traditions teaching metaphysical knowledge. All the problems of the western mentality and society stem from the loss of this. Christ, the Neoplatonists and to some extent the Hermetics and certain Greek mystery cults all had it too but the Church eventually became an encrusted coffin of doctrine with no accompanying realizations to be had hence why it failed to prevent modernity from arising in the west. Without being connected to any higher understanding in any significant amount among it's intellectual elite, western society has ever since the renaissance has in free fall accompanied by materialism, nihilism, scientism and various other forms of spiritual and cultural degeneration. Peterson affirms all this as good by buying into the faulty idea of the linear progression of civilization and humanity and by shilling it to his unaware fans.

Did you ever figure out why Peterson never seriously delves into eastern thought aside from a few boomer references to Buddhism and Confucius? It's because it totally destroys his worldview and offers completely different solutions to the ideas he address. Why did one of the largest and most impressive bodies of spiritual literature ever emerge out of society with a caste system? Because they are the right way to base a society. Most of the societal problems he address wouldn't even arise in a traditional eastern civilization pre-modernity but just reflect the state of the modern west. It's bad enough that he does all of this already but then he takes one of the few sources of timeless wisdom that are tradition in the west and reduces it to a source of bland common-sense life advice instead of a window to transcendental truths where all problems are resolved.

>> No.12796571 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1532809919003.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12796571

>> No.12264592 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1544209380831.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12264592

>>12264571

>> No.12264431 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1531532455800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12264431

Can anyone recommend me some good reactionary or pro-monarchy literature with really good prose? Such as on the level of Proust, Gracq, Borges etc if it exists

>> No.12196279 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1532809919003.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12196279

It's pic related.

>> No.12022459 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1532809919003.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12022459

>> No.11783278 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1533477011294.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11783278

No.

>> No.11707360 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1531532455800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11707360

>>11707049
The insidiousness of Jordan Peterson is that he simultaneously reduces timeless wisdom to self-help jargon and common sense advice while also affirming the righteousness and desirability of modernity. All of the problems that Peterson tackles are themselves just various manifestations of modernity itself, but nothing he talks or writes delves into this larger problem itself or how to deal with it. To the contrary, he takes religious texts that contain profound wisdom and teachings passed down through the ages and uses them as corporate bug-man self-help advice for kids who weren't raised properly. Peterson low-key pushes a mythos that western society in modernity is fundamentally just and a good thing and that aside from some irrational, stupid and greedy people that you have to deal with that everything is okay in principle.

This couldn't be more wrong. Since the emergence of civilization most of the them were united by religious traditions teaching metaphysical knowledge. All the problems of the western mentality and society stem from the loss of this. Christ, the Neoplatonists and to some extent the Hermetics and certain Greek mystery cults all had it too but the Church eventually became an encrusted coffin of doctrine with no accompanying realizations to be had hence why it failed to prevent modernity from arising in the west. Without being connected to any higher understanding in any significant amount among it's intellectual elite, western society has ever since the renaissance has in free fall accompanied by materialism, nihilism, scientism and various other forms of spiritual and cultural degeneration. Peterson affirms all this as good by buying into the faulty idea of the linear progression of civilization and humanity and by shilling it to his unaware fans.

Did you ever figure out why Peterson never seriously delves into eastern thought aside from a few boomer references to Buddhism and Confucius? It's because it totally destroys his worldview and offers completely different solutions to the ideas he address. Why did one of the largest and most impressive bodies of spiritual literature ever emerge out of society with a caste system? Because they are the right way to base a society. Most of the societal problems he address wouldn't even arise in a traditional eastern civilization pre-modernity but just reflect the state of the modern west. It's bad enough that he does all of this already but then he takes one of the few sources of timeless wisdom that are tradition in the west and reduces it to a source of bland common-sense life advice instead of a window to transcendental truths where all problems are resolved.

>> No.11577302 [DELETED]  [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1533477011294.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11577302

How do we solve the Pseud problem?

>> No.11571848 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1532809919003.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11571848

>> No.11549050 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, 1532809919003.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11549050

>>11549041

>> No.11533010 [View]
File: 578 KB, 1064x1513, IMG_4251.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11533010

>>11531656
no

>> No.11507683 [View]
File: 578 KB, 1064x1513, IMG_4237.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11507683

>>11507240
When Kalki arrives

>> No.11457844 [View]
File: 566 KB, 1064x1513, six headed hydra.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11457844

>>11457790
>>11457745
>>11457718
fresh meme



Navigation
View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]