Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/lit/ - Literature

Search:


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.15965305 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, 2F710061-B6CC-4940-B6AF-B17998439F53.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15965305

>>15964101
>>15965164
>>15965272

>> No.15290226 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, 4AB0D978-AD1B-46F4-B5F2-6E18617E256B.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15290226

Reminder

>> No.14994592 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14994592

>>14994483
>Lastly we come to the Richard Robinson critique of Nagarjuna's logic (pic related)
forgot to attach pic of critique

>> No.14971360 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14971360

>>14971342
>This is the highest teaching.
or one is just lobotomizing oneself because of a desire to disassociate from existence

>> No.14960279 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14960279

>>14959058
>Nagarjuna

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

>> No.14697165 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14697165

>>14696938
>why is his system better Advaita?
It's not, because Nagarjuna's logic was completely BTFO and exposed as garbage by the Buddhist scholar Richard Robinson, whereas nobody has even been able to do the same for Shankara

>> No.14628111 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, IMG_5305.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14628111

>>14628086
Here in this pic is Madhyamaka getting BTFO. I don't know how people can continue to defend Buddhism as logical when all of its most important early schools were shown to have incoherent logic.

>> No.14616925 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, 856DBB28-954D-4180-B2B4-C0C80EAD3ECA.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14616925

>>14616894
>>14616906
Yes, Shankara is a cryptobuddhist since buddhism is based on upanishads.

>> No.14612007 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, IMG_5305.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14612007

>>14611663
>whether /lit/ likes it or not.
It's literally the same autist posting his anti-advaita pastas in every single thread, nobody else cares enough to do it but him. He always has this very bitter and unhinged writing style, just look at how he capitalizes his words. He really went off the deep end ever since people started posting the BTFOing of Nagarjuna by Robinson (pic related). He denies that he is a Buddhist but spends all his time shilling it and will flip out if you say anything bad about it.

>> No.14604329 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, IMG_5305.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14604329

>>14604155
>Or is there some thing-in-itself that he is getting at that can only be gotten at if one first negates the possibility of getting to it through big brained thinking first?
That's a minority interpretation of him, most people consider him as denying that there is any existent transcendental reality. I wouldn't recommend wasting a lot of time on him though, he was refuted by the Buddhist scholar Richard Robinson (pic related), who showed how a lot of his logic in the MMK is flawed

>> No.14598175 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14598175

>>14597447
>pic
Nagarjuna was a complete brainlet who was destroyed by Richard Robinson (pic related)

>> No.14594191 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, IMG_5305.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14594191

>>14593676
That image is pure cope. The great Shankaracharya (pbuh) completely obliterated the illogical heresy known as Buddhism and vanquished it from India. He completely destroyed as incoherent and logically inconsistent ideas of the Hinayana and the Yogachara, and dismissed Madhyamaka as being unable to give any good reasons for their claims of emptiness (which is true). The Buddhist scholar Richard Robinson later went on to debunk Nagarjuna and Madhyamika (pic related), in fact there isn't an early school of Buddhism which hasn't been exposed illogical and contradictory, there simply is no logical Buddhist philosophy. I couldn't summarize it better than the infallible sage Shankaracharya (pbuh) himself when he wrote

"From whatever new points of view the Buddha's system is tested with reference to its probability, it gives way on all sides, like the walls of a well, dug in sandy soil. It has, in fact, no foundation whatever to rest upon and hence the attempts to use it as a guide in the practical concerns of life are mere folly. Moreover Buddha, by propounding the three mutually contradicting systems, teaching respectively the reality of the external world, the reality of ideas only and general nothingness, has himself made it clear that he was a man given to make incoherent assertions or else that hatred of all beings induced him to propound absurd doctrines by accepting which they would become thoroughly confused…Buddha’s doctrine has to be entirely disregarded by all those who have a regard for their own happiness."

Brahma Sutra Bhasya 2.2.32.

>> No.14583940 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14583940

>>14583173
>Nagarjuna
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>> No.14579138 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, IMG_5305.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14579138

>>14579008
cope

>> No.14572826 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14572826

>>14572658
> The classical Madhyamaka-teachings are complemented with postmodern philosophy, critical sociology, and social constructionism.
Yes this is true that the people who gravitate towards Madhyamaka are often the sort of limp-wristed soi-boys who have some sort of dissociative complex which makes them want to abandon and flee anything denoting truth, meaning, harmony, the infinite etc and instead disassociate themselves from their lives and seek meaningless oblivion in post-modern deconstruction or in this case "emptiness", it's basically just a cope, "uuhh none of this matters that I'm an incel or short/ugly/bad social skills etc because everything IS ACTUALLY EMPTY!!! HAHAHAHA"

Unfortunately none of it's real and they are just turning themselves for no good reason into NPCs by trying to dissolve themselves into emptiness. Madhyamaka teachings aren't actually true and are based on completely garbage logic as the great Buddhist scholar Richard Robinson demonstrated in pic related.

>> No.14572153 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, IMG_5305.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14572153

>>14570812
Nagarjuna

>> No.14570042 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14570042

>>14569723
>To be cast away from the veil of the hylic nature one has to read the Mūlamadhyamakakārikā
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>> No.14562208 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, IMG_5305.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14562208

>>14561525
Nagarjuna was refuted by Richard Robinson (pic related) as a result of Nagarjuna's failure to fully work out the ideas that he got from the Upanishads. He is a mere footnote to history and can be forgotten along with a whole host of other failed thinkers. Only the great and infallible Shankaracharya (pbuh) fully worked out the doctrines of the Upanishads, and unlike Nagarjuna he's never been refuted.

>> No.14561822 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, IMG_5305.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14561822

>>14561765
Nagarjuna was refuted by Richard Robinson (pic related) as a result of Nagarjuna's failure to fully work out the ideas that he got from the Upanishads. He is a mere footnote to history and can be forgotten along with a whole host of other failed thinkers. Only the great and infallible Shankaracharya (pbuh) fully worked out the doctrines of the Upanishads, and unlike Nagarjuna he's never been refuted.

>> No.14559116 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, IMG_5305.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14559116

>>14558964
Nagarjuna was refuted by Richard Robinson, who showed how Nagarjuna's logic was full of inexcusable holes (pic related). Shankara was never refuted and so he is vastly superior to Nagarjuna. Whitehead was refuted by Guenon's critique of process philosophy in 'Crisis of the Modern World'.

>> No.14551484 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14551484

>>14551461
rent-free

>> No.14547747 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14547747

>>14547636
Madhyamaka sunyata was logically refuted by Richard Robinson, who showed how Nagarjuna's logic was full of holes (pic related). Anyways there are no known examples of "emptiness leading to (cyclic) existence" as you posit and until a good example or reason why this could be true is given it should be rejected as being completely untenable because it contradicts logic and common sense and lacks supporting examples/evidence. If you say that X is empty but leads to or causes the existence of (cyclic) Y then you are forced to say that Y either springs out of nothingness (which is clearly wrong and incoherent) or that Y was already contained in or inherent in X and emerged from it, in which case X is no longer empty because it had Y as it's latent content. Also, your answer doesn't explain why there is emptiness to begin with, or how emptiness could give rise to the world (it can't) or how we could be sentient entities having this conversation if emptiness is the nature of everything (we couldn't). From start to finish the Buddhist notion of emptiness is completely incoherent.

>> No.14527084 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, IMG_5305.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14527084

>>14527059
Unfortunately, Nagarjuna is not based, because he was badly refuted by Richard Robinson in pic related, who showed how Nagarjuna's arguments had more holes then swiss cheese. Shankara has never been refuted and so his basedness is superior

>> No.14512713 [View]
File: 359 KB, 1297x2377, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14512713

>>14512165
The logic that Nagarjuna uses in an attempt to show the truth of emptiness and related Madhyamaka teachings was completely taken apart and destroyed by the Buddhist professor Richard Robinson in pic related. The is absolutely no reason to take 'emptiness' or 'sunyata' seriously unless you want to believe in it for religious/dogmatic reasons (as opposed to entertaining pretensions of it being supported by logic)



Navigation
View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]