Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/lit/ - Literature

Search:


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.14651239 [View]
File: 299 KB, 518x522, hdk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14651239

>>14651228
>he was a successful and great conqueror, unifying all the tribes and cities into a centralized state with the sword
“Yes”

>wombs and swords
Yes, and it will continue to spread because we value the womb and the sword, we esteem them highly. You say that’s greed. No. Rather greed is the source of birth decline and a degeneration of martial vigor and love of battle.

>peaceful versus warlike verses
The advent of an organized Muslim army was revealed but also followed quite logically and naturally once Muslims became a polity as opposed to simply a minority that had no weapons or food. Anon made that number up or got it from someone who made it up; there is no abrogation here, just different contexts. If you want to see the general rules explicated next to each other, read Surah 60, it’s pretty short. Islam is not insane and bloodthirsty, but neither is it pacifist or desirous of peace at all costs. It is imperialist, but honors peace treaties and friendly states. Those who disrespect us or make trouble should be dealt with by force, not by praying for them, but those who are righteous should be respected.

>insane birthrates
>memorizing your holy book
“Yes”

>t. apostate
The worst. The absolute worst. Apostates from Islam are far worse than New Atheists and feel zero compunction about lying. The worst people. Yes they are put to death, and hopefully you can see why. Because they constantly lie and seek to subvert Islam.

>robbing Meccan caravans
I really don’t see the issue here, this is normal wartime practice.

>Bani Mustaliq
This wasn’t without provocation, they were allies of Mecca during a war between the Muslims and Mecca.

>Khaybar Oasis
The torture story lacks isnad, the rest it is because they allied with traitorous Jewish tribes from Medina. They weren’t slaughtered, they surrendered and were spared and paid tribute

>Islam is imperialist
“Yes”

>Uthman’s (may Allah be pleased with him) version
Actually what anon isn’t telling you is this was the version collated by Abu Bakr, may Allah be pleased with him, and that both men were extremely close friends of Muhammad ﷺ and this Qur’an was accepted by everyone who was a close companion of the Prophet ﷺ

>alcohol
No verse had to “allow” it in a society where it was normal and regular. Yes the prohibition on alcohol was not an early revelation and Muslims were not teetotalers until it was revealed later.

>coexist peacefully with kuffar
This is possible if they’re people of the book. Atheists and others, no really. The planet belongs to Allah ﷻ, Who is tolerant toward the people of the book but not toward others trying to rule His creation

>> No.13966510 [View]
File: 299 KB, 518x522, hdk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13966510

Really good Islamic article, references Heidegger, Spengler, Benjamin and more

>Basically, what we call a “technologically advanced society” is principally a society which has surrendered to the capitalist economic infrastructure and, more substantially, the neoliberal weltanschauung or paradigmatic superstructure; it reasserts the fact that technology is indeed a form of liturgy and rituality, and its religion might be considered to be (neo)liberalism and (ultra)capitalism, which is served by the perennial advances in technological subtleties of a given society, even if the said society’s body, and more so its soul, are sacrificed on the altar of the said linear progress.

https://traversingtradition.com/2019/10/09/technology-as-a-mode-of-secular-liberal-theology/

Muslim /lit/ discord
https://discord.gg/WEjnKr2

>> No.13963440 [DELETED]  [View]
File: 299 KB, 518x522, hdk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13963440

Really good Islamic article, references Heidegger, Spengler, Benjamin and more

>Basically, what we call a “technologically advanced society” is principally a society which has surrendered to the capitalist economic infrastructure and, more substantially, the neoliberal weltanschauung or paradigmatic superstructure; it reasserts the fact that technology is indeed a form of liturgy and rituality, and its religion might be considered to be (neo)liberalism and (ultra)capitalism, which is served by the perennial advances in technological subtleties of a given society, even if the said society’s body, and more so its soul, are sacrificed on the altar of the said linear progress.

https://traversingtradition.com/2019/10/09/technology-as-a-mode-of-secular-liberal-theology/

Muslim /lit/ discord
https://discord.gg/WEjnKr2

>> No.13935303 [View]
File: 299 KB, 518x522, hdk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13935303

>>13934241
Most epics certainly come ultimately from or incorporate propaganda. I would argue the major difference between them and comic books is simply literary merit, famous epics are exemplary poetry, whereas comic books and super hero films are very pedestrian art

>> No.13913541 [View]
File: 299 KB, 518x522, hdk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13913541

>>13913458
>being able to comprehend the transitive property of identity makes us too simple



Navigation
View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]