[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 126 KB, 600x811, alice_weeaboo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9962170 No.9962170[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Why doesn't Dan Kim like us any more, /jp/?

>> No.9962177

He's alive?

>> No.9962177,1 [INTERNAL] 

If Dan Kim posted a thread today, it would get deleted and he would receive a permanent ban for using an avatar, roleplaying, and being not-liked by the janitor.

>> No.9962177,2 [INTERNAL] 

>>9962177,1
Bullshit.

>> No.9962177,3 [INTERNAL] 

>>9962177,1
I thought dan kim and moot were bff

>> No.9962177,4 [INTERNAL] 

For the record, this is what happens when Dan Kim tries to make a thread nowadays
>>9619133

Ignored and rejected by the users. Instead he went to /a/ and did a shitload of art on request for weeks. This is why we can't have nice things anymore.

>> No.9962177,5 [INTERNAL] 

>>9962177,4
Pretty much. /jp/ is too shitty and all of the elitist only drives away actual posters away

>> No.9962177,6 [INTERNAL] 

>>9962177,5
What upsets me is that it's cargo cult elitism. Just repeating what they think /jp/ was about while the split period people just look in horror.
I speak for just for myself here, but I don't get current /jp/. We had reasons for the elitism back then, but right now all it does is keep good content and new blood away. Every thread that is not a touhou imagedump or a continuation of an old thread gets plagued with posts about the merits of the topic and how it shouldn't be here. That is when it's not outright shitposting with 300 replies worth of blog and "you're mom sugg it last night".

My point is what the fuck /jp/. I see you change more every year and I keep wondering why haven't I joined the diaspora already and find a small place to take it easy in. But I stay, if only for the idea that I can be the change I want to see.

Sorry, just needed to vent. Drives me up the wall when I see the janitors taking a nap and the board descending into full spam mode. Do we even deserve this board when anything outside 24/7 moderation makes it a shit hotspot? I might be overreacting though, we've seen worse.

>> No.9962177,7 [INTERNAL] 

>>9962177,6
>What upsets me is that it's cargo cult elitism. Just repeating what they think /jp/ was about while the split period people just look in horror.
People pretending to be something they're not are responsible for everything bad in /jp/.

You get used to everything being shitty after a while.

>> No.9962177,8 [INTERNAL] 

>>9962177,6
I agree. We've gone from "Lurk more" elitism to "lol ur a fag 4 posting tihs in teh board IRONIGG :-D xD" pseudo-elitism.

>> No.9962177,9 [INTERNAL] 

>>9962177,6
Because there's nothing wrong with /jp/. You want a board where you can "feel at home" and talk about whatever you want. But /jp/ isn't a Random board. People stay on /jp/ for Touhou, VNs, LNs and other japanese modern subculture that doesn't have a specific board.

As for shitposting, it's only noticeable because /jp/ is a slow board.

>> No.9962177,10 [INTERNAL] 

>>9962177,9
>As for shitposting, it's only noticeable because /jp/ is a slow board.
That's not even true. /jp/ is only a slow board compared to the really fast boards like /a/ and /g/.

We're not even that far behind boards like /tg/ and /fit/, and a good deal faster than /cgl/, /ck/, /m/, and /toy/. As far as I know, none of those four suffer endlessly from a noticeable shitposting problem. You can't blame it on the speed of the board. /jp/ has a noticeable shitposting problem because of all the people going out of their way to act like retards.

>> No.9962177,11 [INTERNAL] 

>>9962177,9
Did we read the same post or are you a bot? I thought he was talking about real content such as eroge.

>>9962177,6
>What upsets me is that it's cargo cult elitism.
>We had reasons for the elitism back then, but right now all it does is keep good content and new blood away. Every thread that is not a touhou imagedump or a continuation of an old thread gets plagued with posts about the merits of the topic and how it shouldn't be here.
I can't see much zunbarish anarchy in this opinion.

>>9962177,9
>But /jp/ isn't a Random board. People stay on /jp/ for Touhou, VNs, LNs and other japanese modern subculture that doesn't have a specific board.
So, you are not a bot. You're actually Stallman's ghost from the future and you're talking about a pre-2010 page you happened to wget from the archives in 2017. I'm sorry to say this but /jp/ actually gets a lot of new posts every day and many of them are, unfortunately, "off-topic".

>As for shitposting, it's only noticeable because /jp/ is a slow board.
Nothing beats your first poz load

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action