[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 62 KB, 593x466, 1171415359280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
978636 No.978636 [Reply] [Original]

4chan is better now than it has ever been (when dealing with 4chan's purpose, like /jp/ and Japanese culture).

I've have been here for quite a few years and, looking back, old 4chan was shit. The quality of the posts were pretty low (emoticons and lack of English mechanics) and the material discussed was pretty limited. The users (apparently its shine) were pretty standard fare in the "mainstream society" (most being from SA) and pretty much all flocked towards anything "epic". Worst yet was the idolization of certain things (specifically that lazy asshole Snacks) and asinine sense of quality. Hell, early 4chan was nothing more than a grown-up Gaia and 2005/6-4chan was just forcefully moving from that into shit.

Sure, 4chan has long lost it ways (with /b/ becoming the center of Internet culture), but the places where 4chan's purpose remains (such as /jp/) have quality that old 4chan couldn't match. The "oldfags" (mostly the ones who just claim they are), can't see that 4chan's purpose has greatly expanded (with many aspects of Japanese culture being more accessible and translated as a result) and a much greater variety is out there than before (pic oddly related). In addition, the quality of posts have improved and most users are much wiser than old 4chan.

>> No.978640

Delicious copypasta.

>> No.978642

What the butt?

>> No.978645
File: 51 KB, 600x551, 1215664872726.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> but the places where 4chan's purpose remains (such as /jp/) have quality that old 4chan couldn't match.
>The "oldfags" (mostly the ones who just claim they are), can't see that 4chan's purpose has greatly expanded (with many aspects of Japanese culture being more accessible and translated as a result) and a much greater variety is out there than before (pic oddly related).
>In addition, the quality of posts have improved and most users are much wiser than old 4chan.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

I am angry at you for making this thread.

>> No.978649
File: 15 KB, 896x582, 1215664900850.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.978651
File: 5 KB, 214x209, 1215664908319.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.978653

Bracing for shitstorm

>> No.978652

>>978640
I don't think so, but I have a feeling it'll become one.

>> No.978657

/jp/ is about Japanese culture? Every time I bring up anything of the sort, it gets saged down by all the 2D guys.

>> No.978661

these cruel untruths cut me to the bone

>> No.978662

4chan is worse now than it has ever been (when dealing with 4chan's purpose, like /jp/ and Japanese culture).

I haven't been here for quite a few years and, looking now, new 4chan is shit. The quality of the posts are pretty low (emoticons and lack of English mechanics) and the material discussed is pretty limited. The users (apparently its shine) are pretty standard fare in the "mainstream society" (most being from SA) and pretty much all flock towards anything "epic". Worst yet is the idolization of certain things (specifically that lazy asshole Moot) and asinine sense of quality. Hell, 4chan is nothing more than a grown-up Gaia and 2007/8-4chan is just forcefully into shit.

Sure, 4chan hasn't long lost it's ways (with /b/ becoming the center of Internet culture), but the places where 4chan's purpose remains (such as /jp/) have quality that old 4chan can match. The oldfags can see that 4chan's purpose has greatly expanded (with many aspects of Japanese culture being more accessible and translated as a result) and a much greater variety is out there than before (pic oddly related). In addition, the quality of posts hasn't improved and most users aren't much wiser than old 4chan.

>> No.978670

aging for truth

>> No.978681

I'm not detecting any /jp/ material, captain.

>> No.978701

>>978681
It's all about /jp/.

>> No.978711

not Touhou

/jp/ - Touhou

sage

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action