[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 50 KB, 480x640, 1234724406133.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9668919 No.9668919 [Reply] [Original]

Is there some kind of starter guide to playing the Touhou games? I played one a long time ago, but I want to go for a proper play of them. Is there something that lays out which ones are worth playing, in what order and which translation patches to use for them?

>> No.9668924

play 9th one
go from there

>> No.9668930

play 1st one
go from there

>> No.9668933

first watch this it will all make sense
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5awCgWpTe3A

>> No.9669026

Start with the easier ones, work your way up the tougher ones later on.

I recommend starting with something like Ten Desires then moving on to Imperishable Night and Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. There really isn't a 'set' pattern or anything sadly. Always play on at least Normal difficulty. Leave Shoot the Bullet, Subterranean Animism, Double Spoiler, and whatnot for later, they are much more difficult.

http://www.vocaloidotaku.net/index.php?/topic/201-touhou-game-downloads/
Downloads for the games are dead; but they still feature the English patches for the respective games.

I'm assuming you have the games downloaded already since you didn't mention anything about that. If you need those too, I recommend using something like the Pirate Bay, which features one torrent that consists of all but I believe Ten Desires. Ten Desires can then be picked up by another dedicated torrent.

>> No.9672135

yes

>> No.9673558

>>9668919
Really the best way to learn is to just jump right in and start playing. You need to fail a lot in order to learn to succeed.

>> No.9673571

Why are retards making this thread so much lately?

You PLAY the fucking games and google for translation patches it is that FUCKING SIMPLE.

>> No.9673577

>>9673571
WHy do you have to be so mean?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action