[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 503 KB, 950x633, 1320998492486.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9527380 No.9527380[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone in /jp/ escaped the curse known as 'NEET'?

I want to lead a normal life...

>> No.9527388

>>>/r9k/

>> No.9527392

>>9527380

keep it to yourself

>> No.9527401

just saging

>> No.9527413

Than see a fucking doctor you nigger. What you're doing right now is like asking a bunch of devout priests how to become an atheist.

>> No.9527416

Just get a job you bum.

>> No.9527421

get the fuck out of here

requesting kill yourself out of jp

>> No.9527432

NO

>> No.9527435

Lurk in /sp/, /fit/, and /fa/ until you learn to become a man.

>> No.9527440

Good otaku culture related thread op

>> No.9527443
File: 768 KB, 317x360, 1344216833650.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9527435
>/sp/
>/fa/
>become a man

>> No.9527446

>>9527435

you forgot to sage anon

dont worry ill do it for you

sage

>> No.9527450

>>9527435
> /fa/

/fa/ is for suburbanites. No thanks.

>> No.9527460

You post an image like that and say NEET is a curse?

You sir, are a bigot.

>> No.9527461

>Not willingly living the neet life
Who am I quoting?

>> No.9527471

>>9527413

"Hello doctor can you help me enroll in an education or find employment?"

"No I'm a doctor you fucking jackass, the staffing agency and the college are down the road that way."

>> No.9527464

>>9527461
Me, the president.

>> No.9527466

Being a NEET is not a curse.
Please go back to /a/.

>> No.9527473

>>9527471
I hope you're trolling.

>> No.9527479

>>9527461
Who are you quoting? Pointing out your mistakes or making them ironically is no excuse for doing it in the first place.

>> No.9527481

>>9527473

No I'm not actually.

>> No.9527482

There is no escape.
The sooner you accept it, the sooner you can enjoy it.

>> No.9527484

>>9527471

Damn man you almost won stupid post of the on /jp/ award. Almost, but you needed to include ">".

>> No.9527486

>>9527482
Ooops I forgot to sage, oh well

Sage!

>> No.9527487

Considering it's impossible for most people to be NEET you better cling to that blessing

>> No.9527489

>>9527460
Saying ``you sir'' is likely the most irritating thing to ever be read or heard. Shut up permanently.

>> No.9527491

>>9527481
Then you'd know the reason he suggested going to a doctor is because people like the OP usually need meds.

>> No.9527495

>>9527484
>you almost won stupid post of the on /jp/ award.

Thou can't can't even speak proper English yet thee insult my intelligence?

>> No.9527499

>>9527489
You, Sir, Are A God!

>> No.9527503

>>9527489
You sir are an epic brony.

>> No.9527506

>>9527495

I forgot day between the and on, thanks mom.

>> No.9527507

>>9527491

He needs psychoactive (mind-altering) drugs to get a job or enroll in a education?

Why exactly would you assume someone who doesn't have a job or is in education, would need mind altering drugs to reach their goals?

>> No.9527518

>>9527499
>>9527503
YOU sirs need to stfuwtfbbq o_O

>> No.9527546

I don't want a normal life, but being NEET is suffering.

>> No.9527553

>>9527507
You're stupidity astounds me.

>Has anyone in /jp/ escaped the curse known as 'NEET'?

He feels being like this is a curse, he feels hopefully and trapped, which obviously points to depression.

>I want to lead a normal life...

Now, he said he wants to lead a normal life, but feels he can't, he probably has little to no motivation due to the depression so he just sits around sulking thinking about his curse.

>> No.9527562

>>9527546

>OH GOD, the pain, the suffering, not having a job or an education and doing whatever the fuck I want all day is soooo hard. I paint my nails black cause FML.

~ Anonymous 08/06/12(Mon)15:00 No.9527546

>> No.9527586

>>9527553

>which obviously points to depression.

What makes you assume depression and not some other form of mental issue? I think you're projecting there.

What exactly is stupid about making fun of you for telling someone to go to a doctor so they can get a job/education?

Like I said, a doctor is not a fucking employment agency, nor a school. The drugs or "help" a "doctor" gives him might actually end up being detrimental to his mental state and cause him to further relapse into his NEET lifestyle anyway.

>> No.9527600

It's very easy to be normal, but it's difficult to enjoy being a NEET. If you want to be a normal person then there are many pills which will immediately make you sociable and anxiety-free.

The path of the NEET is a path of isolation, but ultimately it leads to an inner peace and happiness that most normal people would never be able to achieve. It's a road in life not unlike the road that the monks, mystics, or hermits travel.

>> No.9527610

>>9527600

>It's a road in life not unlike the road that the monks, mystics, or hermits travel.

Ya, if you think you're even in anyway remotely similar to a monk because you're a lazy sperglord otaku, you might have taken to much of those "normal pills".

>> No.9527615

>>9527600
>It's very easy to be normal, but it's difficult to enjoy being a NEET.
I bet this is what most 17 year old internet roleplaying /v/ rejects believe.

>> No.9527620

>>9527586
>What makes you assume depression and not some other form of mental issue?

Because it's fucking obvious? I'd love for you to list out a mental illness which would render him feeling trapped in his lifestyle like he is.

>I think you're projecting there.

I think you're an idiot.

>What exactly is stupid about making fun of you for telling someone to go to a doctor so they can get a job/education?

You weren't making fun of me, and you weren't even making fun of the other poster, you only succeeded in making yourself look like an idiot.

>Like I said, a doctor is not a fucking employment agency, nor a school.

The doctor isn't an employment agency, I'm pretty surprised you knew given how stupid you've proven yourself to be. Going to the doctor is called taking the first step, a step he'd need to do before even getting back into school or getting work.

>The drugs or "help" a "doctor" gives him might actually end up being detrimental to his mental state and cause him to further relapse into his NEET lifestyle anyway.

Yeah, but he wants a normal life, so he's either going to have to take the risk or continue whining. He wont go to the doctor though, he'll continue whining and he wont get a job or get back into school, he might even make a few depression or "lets be friends" threads though.

>> No.9527664

If I was rich, it'd be plenty easy to be a NEET. But I'm not rich, thus I suffer.

>> No.9527669

>>9527600
>there are many pills which will immediately make you sociable and anxiety-free.

I think both are enjoyable provided you take fucking drugs.

>> No.9527720
File: 566 KB, 1024x1060, 1323852304740.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What are the things that prevent you from being normal? I'll list some common problems and some quick solutions.

Problem 1: Do you have trouble relating to others, feeling empathy, and knowing how to communicate in a natural non-robotic way?
Solution: 120mg of MDMA. Sounds like a lot, but it's the minimum. Anything less than this will make you feel bad.

Problem 2: Do you have trouble feeling interested in things that other people are saying and are you very quiet in social situations or just find it difficult to think of anything worth saying?
Solution: Low dose of an easy to obtain and less potent amphetamine, something like 10-20mg of adderall would be sufficient.

Problem 3: Do you feel a lot of anxiety when you go outside or when you socialize?
Solution: Either a low dose of an opiate or a benzo would be sufficient to counter this problem. Benzos have a terrible and long lasting withdrawal though, so an opiate would be preferable.

Additionally, if you find that solution 2 causes anxiety or if you find that solution 3 causes apathy then finding a balanced combination of an amphetamine and an opiate or benzo would solve both problems, providing you with social energy in addition to no anxiety.

Please follow use one of these solutions so that you no longer will sit around /jp/ and complain about being depressed.

>> No.9527726
File: 52 KB, 600x412, Idiot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9527620

So let me get this straight, almost you're entire argument consists of "you're an idiot" and assorted other ad-hominems?

>I'd love for you to list out a mental illness which would render him feeling trapped in his lifestyle like he is.

I said mental issues, not "mental illness". One example could be severe anxiety and being socially inept, even though he is not sad at all.

>Going to the doctor is called taking the first step, a step he'd need to do before even getting back into school or getting work.

Like I said, that "doctor" and the mind altering drugs he/she gives him, might potentially have a counter-productive effect and make him relapse harder into his current lifestyle. You are literally assuming you know him and telling him he NEEDS to go to a "doctor" before he can get a job/education.

Do you know what the word need means exactly? You are telling him, without even knowing him beyond his one post, that it is physically impossible for him to get a job or an education, until he goes to a "doctor".

Come on now, don't you think you're the one being stupid and silly now?

>> No.9527728

>>9527720
I hate drugs.

>> No.9527731

>>9527720
Define 'normal'.

>> No.9527734

>I want to lead a normal life...
No, you don't. I thought the same as you so I decided to find a job. Now I'm posting from my shitty work as a programmer, I don't have time for anything now. I wish I could be a NEET again.

>> No.9527739

>>9527720

>Drugs are the solution to everything

Go have a seizure you fucking moron.

>> No.9527746

>>9527728

You feel that you have a problem and these are solutions to that problem. Either stop complaining, go through therapy, or take drugs. If you won't do the second option then the third is the only thing left. Wallowing in self-pity does not solve problems.

>>9527731

Able to fit in with society and function in a sociable and charismatic way.

>> No.9527758

>>9527746
Sounds good. Legitimate advice though I myself am loath to recommend some of those options.

>> No.9527764

>>9527746

So you actually believe there is no other way on Earth to solve mental issues, other then to take psychoactive drugs or go through "therapy". You believe no one else on Earth has overcome mental issues without psychoactive drugs or "therapy"?

I think those drugs have made you fucking delusional.

>> No.9527769

>>9527739

Drugs are quick short-term solutions to most problems. They are not permanent solutions, but most people give up on therapy because it takes a long time and they don't feel that there's any hope of success. Drugs give you an immediate glimpse at what you can eventually have if you stick with the therapy.

>> No.9527770
File: 356 KB, 700x700, 1309153687034.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Most people my age (I'm 25) have college degrees and careers. They own houses and are married. They probably have sizable savings accounts and plan for the future.

Obviously, I don't have any degrees. And I couldn't afford to buy my own house. I don't have any savings account and once I reach 30 I'm probably ruined forever because I won't be able to save. How does anyone go from NEET to homeowner? I don't think its even possible.

When it comes to "relations" that's even worse. I don't have any experience, all I have to go on is from doujins, but I know those aren't like real life. Worse, if a female found out about this she'd laugh at me and post it on facebook. It can't be helped but I feel like if I had a cute daughter maybe I could experience a small piece of happiness.

>> No.9527794

>>9527764

>So you actually believe there is no other way on Earth to solve mental issues, other then to take psychoactive drugs or go through "therapy".

What would you suggest?

Cognitive therapy does not require a therapist, but most people have more success with the guidance of a therapist. It's the same reason why it's easier for most people to learn something if they have a teacher than if they try to teach themselves.

If you have social anxiety or anything like this which prevents you from being able to socialize comfortably then the only solution is to go outside and force yourself to socialize until this uncomfortable situation eventually feels uncomfortable.

Drugs can make this easier, but they are not needed. Most people don't have the willpower and motivation required to do it without the aid of drugs though and they are more likely to wallow in self-pity, never attempting anything to fix there problems.

You can demonize drugs and therapy as much as you want, but what alternative would you suggest?

>> No.9527790

>>9527769

I went to "therapy" a few times, it's complete bullshit. The person wouldn't talk to you if they weren't getting payed, which automatically nulls any potential genuine connection with them. Then the rest just consists of them telling you shit you already now, or things you want to hear.

It made me feel angry and cheated more than anything else. I know what you're going to say, "well you haven't gone to them long enough!".

No, I guarantee you my feelings wouldn't have changed if I went to that stupid shit every single day for the rest of my life.

By the way, taking speed or MDMA is not a glimpse of what being mentally healthy is like.

>> No.9527793
File: 4 KB, 128x95, 25.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9527770
its never too late to get a degree.
also connections with people can help you to find a job or make it more easy.

but 25 is kind of the age of no return if you don't start doing now something with your life , don't complain later about it.

>> No.9527802

>>9527770

> It can't be helped but I feel like if I had a cute daughter

I think in MadThad's affadavit, it had a quote from him saying something like; "I could never possibly adopt a daughter anyway".

I'm sure the same probably goes for you. And with your luck, if you somehow magically knock up a girl, she'll probably get an abortion anyway.

>> No.9527813

>>9527790

>Then the rest just consists of them telling you shit you already now, or things you want to hear.

Therapists can't magically fix you. All they can do is give you suggestions on how to fix your own problems. You can't solve most mental issues with talking alone, especially not social anxiety, limited social skills, or any of the things which most people on /jp/ probably have. They can only be fixed by continuously placing yourself in the middle of the situations you're most scared of and doing this until you eventually adapt and become comfortable/learn how to properly mimic proper social behavior so that you can fit in.

Therapists are just guides, you still have to do all of the work on your own.

>> No.9527816

>>9527802
Don't bully him.

>> No.9527817

>>9527380
I'm now studying. But my mother offered me a room and internet if I wanted to be a NEET.
I'm seriously considering it, but then I probably wouldn't have money for figs and stuff.

>> No.9527822

>>9527802
That's just rude.

>> No.9527824

>>9527794

>but what alternative would you suggest?

Fixing it yourself without mind altering drugs or "therapy", just like many people on Earth have since the dawn of humans, and will continue to do so.

Your solutions are forgetting something, "first do no harm". Taking any mind altering drug, any single one you could possibly pick at any dosage, would GREATLY aggravate my mental issues. And if you got me in a room with a pretentious smug ass psychologist, after a nice 30 minute conversation with him I would probably be fucking angry as hell all day, at both the psychologist and people like you who think smug pricks like that are going to "help" me.

At the end of the day, the only thing that's going to fix someone is themselves.

>> No.9527825

>>9527770
Listen anon, it's never too late to take control of your life.

Do you have a GED? Depending on your financial situation, you can atleast attempt community college. You should attempt to find a job. Regardless of the job market, which is affecting more degree holders than anything else, you should be able to find work easily, though it may be something unpleasant at first....it's still better than nothing.

>> No.9527828

I did for a year and hated every moment of it. Every minute outside I wished that I could just be home, play games and watch anime. So I got my ass fired and came back.

>> No.9527840

>>9527828
Salaam.

>> No.9527845

>>9527813

Well those guides are completely useless if you ask me.

I think the only people who have been "helped" by them, are people so easily manipulated, that the psychologist did nothing but acted as a placebo, while indoctrinating them into thinking he/she "helped" them.

>> No.9527850
File: 85 KB, 569x800, 1339638839718.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Learn a skill that replies to your hobbies.

Start drawing or learning moonspeak. Worked for me. Now I make a decent living. 40k annually, occasional trips to japan paid for by the employer. Easy shit.

>> No.9527851

>>9527794
As someone with social anxiety, I remember going to the university therapist once to get this examined. The whole thing felt like a scam, they wanted to refer me off-campus elsewhere...great idea for someone who has trouble driving anywhere besides to home or to university.

Though my social anxiety isn't life crippling, having steady employment since high school and forcing myself to interact with people has helped me tremendously. I'll always be introverted and socially awkward, and always get some tings of anxiety, I feel I've helped myself much more by forcing myself than by dealing with bullshit medications or therapists

>> No.9527852

>>9527816
>>9527822

I was really just kidding, my sense of humor is very crude.

>> No.9527855

>>9527840
Wa Alaikum Assalam

>> No.9527863

>>9527770
its too late OP
soon you'll be a 30yrd old loser with no job prospects, no money, & no connections, no woman will want anything to do with you
best to commit sudoku

>> No.9527864

>>9527822
Man up bitch-boy.

>> No.9527874

>>9527790
> The person wouldn't talk to you if they weren't getting payed
They aren't even there as talking buddies. Get some friends instead if you want "genuine connections", not a fucking shrink.

>> No.9527880

>>9527855
I forgot your name but hi K-something.

>> No.9527881

>>9527824

>At the end of the day, the only thing that's going to fix someone is themselves.

That's all that therapy is. Therapists just guide you and show you things that you can do to fix your own problems. All of it is common sense and there's nothing special about what they're saying. Social anxiety? Force yourself into social situations. Don't know how to socialize properly? Keep socializing until you learn how to. It's common sense.

Googling basic cognitive therapy methods and reading through a wikipedia article is all you really need to do and the rest can be done on your own, but many people don't have the drive or dedicate to stick with this if they don't have someone that's there to essentially crack the whip and keep them moving and that's where the usefulness of the therapist comes in.

For example, why would anyone go to a class to learn Japanese when all of the information is available to them for free on the internet? You don't need a teacher, but some people need to have someone cracking that whip so they don't give up.

You don't need therapists, but you do need therapy. Therapy is universal and has always existed, whether you call it self-help or something else it's the same thing. It's just a way to treat a problem that you have.

>> No.9527889

>>9527863
Story of my life.

>> No.9527898

>>9527793
What field do you work in again?

>> No.9527900

>>9527889
But I bet they were 30 years filled with fun

>> No.9527909

>>9527898
He studies shitposting.

>> No.9527917

>>9527880
Is that you Tony?

>> No.9527919

>>9527881
>Social anxiety? Force yourself into social situations
It's funny because I developed my anxiety in the army where I had to deal with people 24/7. Could you cite your sources, please?

>> No.9527920

>>9527863

>with no job prospects, no money, & no connections, no woman will want anything to do with you

I find it hard to believe that a 30 year old NEET would care about any of this.

Wouldn't they have gotten to a point in their life a long time ago where they just stopped caring about these things? Someone who is that disconnected from society will eventually stop caring about the common goals of the society they live in and their mind will replace these desires with alternative desires that apply to his own lifestyle.

>> No.9527924

>>9527917
No, but sure, why not.
Sorry /jp/ for this shitposting.

>> No.9527929

>>9527919

Cognitive therapy is the most common treatment for social anxiety.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety#Treatment

It's just facing your fears and throwing yourself into uncomfortable situations until they eventually become comfortable.

>> No.9527928
File: 588 KB, 1139x1600, 1276565985972.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9527793
I wonder how the King's life is ...

>> No.9527931

>>9527920
Not everyone has the privilege to live as neet forever,
the only ones who wouldn't care would be the ones that have unlimited support from their parents forever or the ones that receive disability benefits and such.

>> No.9527942

>>9527919
>army
It may be obvious, but everyone will have their own reactions to a certain environment. The military actually forced the social anxiety out of me although I still like some alone time once in a while. If you're /fit/ OP you may want to consider signing up.

>> No.9527947

>>9527929
Well I fucking broke down because of continuous exposure to uncomfortable situations. I read your link and I can't see what caused you to make the generalizations you did.

>> No.9527954

>>9527942
>army
>If you're /fit/ OP you may want to consider signing up.

Didn't both ZUN!bar and arc join the army? Their standards can't be that high.

>> No.9527961

Why don't NEETs just join a monastery or a hippie commune once they are unable to be a NEET any longer?

If that day ever comes for me then I plan to pack up and live in nearest Buddhist monastery that will accept me or possibly a hippie commune. Anything is preferable working.

>> No.9527969

"lel just deal with shit, nerds, it'll cure you"
         - Anonymous imageboard user after revolutionizing the field of psychology, 2012

>> No.9527972

>>9527954
Dude, the army scrapes the barrel even during the best of times.

>> No.9527985

>>9527972
During the 'best' of times better, overqualified people would never even consider the thought of enlisting so it's actually kind of the opposite. Even poorly qualified dumbshits can get better jobs elsewhere when the economy is absolutely booming.

>> No.9527999

>>9527985
I wasn't thinking along the lines of economy, I meant the military need of manpower.

>> No.9528252

>>9527961
You know you actually have to WORK in a monastery? Its not just sitting on your ass all day. A lot of manual labor. Especially if its one of those self-subsisting monasteries that make their own beer or cheese or something. And praying on your time off and all.

>> No.9528278

>>9527961
Because you don't get money or internet

>> No.9528279
File: 1.09 MB, 1000x1399, 1321681189535.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9528252
Working at a temple would be pretty easy for a /jp/er

>> No.9528305

>>9527969

"just take mind altering drugs and pay money to talk to some stranger, den all ur problems will be solved"

~Anonymous imageboard user after hearing about the field of psychology and psychiatry and believing everything they say.

>> No.9528315

I am technically a NEET but I say I am a "writer". I have published nothing but people are still (somewhat) impressed. Seriously, OP if you feel depressed you should see a doctor.

>> No.9528340
File: 642 KB, 850x1173, 1316854427851.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9528315
>I say I am a "writer". I have published nothing but people are still (somewhat) impressed

You must live in Brooklyn just like me!

>No talent
>No sales
>English degree
>Wealthy parents
>New Inquiry!
>who am i quoting

>> No.9528366

>>9528305
You missed the point. I've never visited a mental health professional. I'd rather kill myself. People like you don't get it.

>> No.9528382

>>9528366
Shame?

>> No.9528394

>>9528382
Yes, it's enough to prevent me from even thinking about it. I'll hide this thread now.

>> No.9528448

>>9528366
So I take it you aren't desiring any sort of improvement on your issues, then....
I'm not suggesting that drugs and/or therapy are the only way (lord knows I disagree with psych professionals about all the time myself), but bringing about self improvement solely by yourself is probably the hardest thing one can do.

>> No.9528477

>>9528366
Please do, you're a pathetic waste of space.
自殺しろね

>> No.9528518
File: 45 KB, 623x245, shitcash.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I graduated from a good British university with a degree in economics last month.

What a waste. If only I had studied computer science instead. Whilst I am a NEET now with no employment prospects (I don't have any work experience in the finance sector which nulls everything), I am determined to become rich online.

I had an appointment at a volunteer centre today. It was such an odd experience. The fat, short, middle aged woman was incredibly aggressive, I had trouble not laughing at her. When she asked what I do, I told her I'm involved in e-commerce, setting up PPD niches and monetesing cost per action. She then began a tirade telling me how bored she was with me and how she was not impressed. I should have walked out right then, but I stayed because I was so bemused by it all.

./blog

>> No.9528916

I wish I was a NEET :(

>> No.9528978

>>9527380
Being a NEET is not a curse at all, it is a blessing and you should be thankful for the free time it gives to you.

>> No.9529006 [DELETED] 

>>9528978
>>9528916
>>9528518
>>9528477
>>9528448
>>9528394
>>9528382
>>9528366
>>9528340
>>9528315
>>9528305
>>9528279
>>9528278
>>9528252
>>9527999
>>9527985
>>9527972
>>9527969
Thank for your responding to this thread which is clearly otaku culture related, keep up the good work.

>> No.9529051

>>9527380

Look at Kaguya. She's happy. Why would you use her in your shitty self-hating post?

>> No.9529067

>>9528518

what if you study CS now?

>> No.9529098

>>9528518
what site is that screenshot from?

>> No.9529117

>>9527518
>>9527503
Epic win my fellow /b/ros

>> No.9529512

>>9527435
/sp/ is fucking fat fantasy sports nerd. It's /b/ with sports theme. /fit/ only because you can learn some good tips on getting in shape. /fa/ is dead

>> No.9529532

>>9529067
Are there any cs people here? I did business and felt like it was a waste too. I always thought cs jobs would be boring and tedious.

>> No.9529625

bump for actually interesting thread on jp

>> No.9529640

There have always been two types of NEET. One seems genuinely happy and content living a life with a dim future and minimal social interactions.

The other is pretty much the opposite in that they long first and foremost for social interaction. Most everything in their life is governed by their desire for interaction. Following that they would like a promising future, which usually means worrying about entering schooling or training of some sort eventually in the future. Finally, they're discontent with the labels society has put on them and would like to change their lives for the "better".

Disgusting people, that second group. They really are the lowest of the low. Especially all the people here wanting to get a job, longing for friends outside and being depressed about their NEET lifestyle. Just die already if you are so sad about your NEET life.

>> No.9529762

>>9529532
Probably half of the regulars.

>> No.9531098
File: 281 KB, 690x1000, 1316250301120.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9531967

>>9529067
I don't see the point. I could study a Masters at Birmingham whilst living at home. this would cost me £8k.

I'm already proficient in front end web development, now I need to learn the harder stuff. I don't think I need to go to uni to learn this when the resources are freely available to me.

>> No.9531989

>>9531967
Learn x86 and start taking things apart. Read TAOCP.

>> No.9533210

You can lead a relatively normal life without being a 'normal'.

I've seen normals, I see them everyday. They wake up, check facebook and leave comments with lots of smiley faces and 'like' other people's statuses. Then they proceed to go to work and have coffee, chat with their colleagues before going home, picking up their kids and making a nice dinner followed by TV and relaxing with their spouse. This is documented on Facebook every day for their friends' posterity.

It's a bizzare, twisted existence. But the alternative is not limited to sitting at home all day and doing nothing; no, that life is boring too.

I seek to pursue as many experiences and sensations as I can. Life is science and the world is an adventure, there will always be time to sit at home and do nothing. Meeting people can be fascinating, taking drugs can be amazing, going to other countries can be eye opening.

What's the difference between a truNEET and a Normal? Nothing, one is simply a socially acceptable way of wasting time; the other is not.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action