[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 423 KB, 599x640, 1327810669806.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8890777 No.8890777 [Reply] [Original]

Going to work at peapod,at stop and shop and suffer at only making 7.50 an hour ..
See ya /jp/... the dream is over for me, its been 8 years but it couldn't last.

>> No.8890779

I only get 6.4, nerd.

>> No.8890784
File: 239 KB, 660x794, madotsukismile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Remember: You can always open the portal to Gensokyo and keep your truNEET streak alive!

>> No.8890804

Not to mention i get anxiety for working and being in the outside world, i hate thinking of how much of my life im wasting away for green paper.. I was so tried i went right to sleep last night. Why is life like this /jp/? Why dont people see this as fucked up? Am i just weird thinking that money is not worth wasting your time? Dont people see they only live once?

>> No.8890811

>>8890784
Will I be greeted by a touhou with a smile as bright as Madotsuki's in that picture, that would be enough in itself.

>> No.8890818

There needs to be some kind of /jp/ highscore board.

>> No.8890841

>>8890811

Yes, but in exchange, that's the smile you have to give to any customer, regardless of any condition, for every day of all your life if you work in customer-service.

>> No.8890840

>>8890777

I've been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease last week.

So be happy that you atleast have a future you ungrateful piece of shit.

>> No.8890846

>>8890840

ahahahaaha faggot

i'm going to stay neet and complain just to spite you. enjoy dying.

>> No.8890854

Yesterday I applied for some job packing boxes. I actually hope I get it. Sounds asocial and it's temporary, so there's not a lot of worry there. Plus if I see it through all four weeks, I should have enough money to build a new computer, then I can go back to being a NEET for 4-8 years.

Of course 50 other people probably applied for the job, so I won't get it.

>> No.8890863

>>8890841
Did you even read the linked post?

>> No.8890867
File: 71 KB, 185x257, 1271611607343.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Currently working at a coal fired steam plant. Currently sitting in the engineers/surveyors trailer browsing /jp/ on my iPad. Only get called out when they want my general opinion on something, such as where to lay out holes for micropiles etc, or if I decide to go walk around the plant out of boredom.

I guess $22.50 an hour ain't bad for five tens every week.

>> No.8890876

>>8890867
>22.50 an hour
When was /jp/ so successful, you cant be a real /jp/er.

>> No.8890879

>>8890876
He has a job, so of course he's not.

>> No.8890881

>>8890867

That's like $36k a year, isn't it? I literally have no clue what I'd spend this much money on.

>> No.8890884
File: 174 KB, 318x472, 1329317258036.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I work cleaning and moving portable toilets for what I think amounts to $13 an hour. I never have to touch the insides of the tank and the colleagues are nice.
Anyone can find an alright job

>> No.8890888

It's either spend 7 or so hours a day at some place you don't like and spend the rest of time doing stuff you do like, or never do stuff you like.

>> No.8890897

My first job was $5.50 OP. However my boss was always high off his pills so I could sneak into the freezer and pour whipped cream into my mouth.

>>8890867
>coal
gross

>> No.8890899

>>8890884
do you have to inhale people's shit smell

and also is it unisex
like do you smell the girl's

>> No.8890903

>>8890888

or spend all your time doing stuff you like because your parents support you

>> No.8890909

>>8890899
No, since the guys who bring them back empty them and throw some chemical that smell like bubblegum in it

>> No.8890913

>>8890779
here, OP, do you mean dollars? I mean GBP.

So I guess I earn just over $10 an hour. For smiling at customers and being polite to people.

How much do the rest of you guys earn, /jp/? Those with autismbux can calculate your effective hourly wage and post that, if you want.

>> No.8890914

Why don't you get some better education OP?

Take up a student loan and go to university to get a meaningful degree, I just don't want to believe that the average /jp/er isn't smart enough for uni.

You won't have to work as hard when you're done, you'll get more money and maybe even have a job that interests you more.

>> No.8890915

I love how my granddad had to fight in a World War then work in a coal pit for decades just to stay alive. Meanwhile I do fuck all and I'm a self-entitled little shit with a house and food to fall back on it if I fail. In fact any money I earn is a luxury.

I should be a lot more guilty and occasionally I am, but thanks to the era/society I was born into I find it hard to give a damn.

>> No.8890922

>>8890914
>I just don't want to believe that the average /jp/er isn't smart enough for uni.
I've forgotten more in the last year than I learned in 15 years of formal education.

>> No.8890923

>>8890914

>Take up a student loan

Don't do this.

>> No.8890940

>>8890923
Depends where you live. Generally, they're the best loans you can ever have. I dropped out and I am technically in debt, but I don't have to pay anything back until I earn over a certain amount. Even then, it's very reasonable. People get in too much of a fuss over OH MY GOD I AM IN DEBT FIVE FIGURES MY LIFE IS OVER THIS WILL TAKE DECADES. For doubling your effective salary, I would say that's pretty damn worth it.

>> No.8890944
File: 102 KB, 500x374, 4285192929_7fcae1707d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8890876
>>8890879
You shouldn't intentionally bog your own life down just because you frequent a board. There are no prerequisites to be here. It makes you guys sound like straight edge hipsters or something equally horrid.

>>8890897
>gross

Come, come now. The only place that's filthy is the coal handling yard. Most of the plant is kept very clean, especially the powerhouse. It's swept, mopped and buffed like 3 times a day.

>> No.8890955

>>8890944
It's funny how only people like you feel that way.

>> No.8890972

>>8890923

Federal student loans and state/provincial student loans are very forgiving, there's really nothing wrong with them.

>> No.8890978

>>8890955
Do you consider one must have certain qualities to post here?

>> No.8890989

Best paying job I ever had was $11USD an hour. This is probably as good as you can do without a 4 year degree or 10 years experience in cleaning toilets. I ended up getting fired after I asked for a more solitary position but that's all history.

Most of the places I've worked have been factories making $8.50-$10. It's pure misery, surrounded by middle-aged people all night for 8-12 hours working your ass off only to be told to work harder. Sweating like hell and the only thing that gives you relief is looking at the clock and thinking "okay, only a few more hours to go and I can get home and sleep before getting on the internet." Humans were not meant to live that way.

Too bad I'm too stupid to concentrate in college or social enough to work my way up through connections.

>> No.8890995

>>8890989

More details about how you got fired for asking to be left alone at work pls

>> No.8890996

>>8890914
Yeah, that's just what a guy making less than eight bucks an hour needs; thousands of dollars of debt.

>> No.8890998

>>8890978
Do you consider anyone should be allowed to post in here?

>> No.8891001

>>8890944
Isn't there still going to be coal dust in the air, though?
>five tens every week.
By five tens, do you mean five ten hour shifts a week? I'm not sure if I could pull that off, week in, week out.

>> No.8891012

>>8890876
>When was /jp/ so successful, you cant be a real /jp/er.
What about those /jp/ers who hit it big in online currency trading? Are they not real /jp/ers any more?

>> No.8891011

>>8890989
This sounds awful. The worst part is, I'm in no position to do better. All these people struggling for work in factories where I live, and they're all more experienced than me. Handling food or chemicals on an assembly line is basically what I should be ASPIRING to, after a few years of toilet cleaning and cock sucking.

Whose idea was it to make getting a degree the default course of action after school?

>> No.8891017

>>8890998
There are no sign ups, registrations or fees so it is free to all. I find it fascinating that if you stay on here long enough you can watch the mood of the board change as one timezone goes to sleep and leaves while another awakens and begins posting here. Individuals from all different backgrounds and cultures frequent this site, although it is agreed that the majority of 4channers are American.

>> No.8891031

I hate the idea of my using my labor power to make the paycheck of some fat who can go home, fuck high-class whores, swim in his olympic sized pool, and eat caviar and gold flake sprinkled bread until he vomits, while I live like his slave.

I feel like I'm turning into a terrorist. I want them all dead. I want them to burn on top of their pile of money.

>> No.8891027

>>8890923
More like do this if you're truly stuck in dead end jobs.

You don't need a degree to make good money (just skills). But if you got nothing to work with, then school is a fine route to go.

>> No.8891035

>>8891031

soon

>> No.8891040

>>8891001
>Isn't there still going to be coal dust in the air, though?
I won't deny that there is but usually the coal yard is kept wet so dust is kept to a minimum. In any case coal dust may be present if, say, a valve trips off on a precipitator and blows coal dust everywhere but that rarely happens.

Your biggest thread here is either an Ammonia leak or a Chlorine leak.

>five tens

Yup. That's five ten hour days a week.

>> No.8891057

I applied for my first job two nights ago, for a local convenience store. I think they pay a little bit above minimum wage, but I have enough in savings so that I can be okay for approximately two and a half years even if I choose not to work. Hopefully I'll be able to work the night shift, but I'll take what I can get.

Of course, I probably won't even get the job, but whatever. I live in a small town, so I can just walk to each and every store and apply.

Once I get just a little bit of extra income, I'll finally have the courage to invest in the stock market. Been researching it for months now, just want to make sure I'll have a bit of money coming in before putting it into stocks for 5-20 years.

Am I doing it right /jp/?

>> No.8891066

OP confirmed that all /jp/ers live in Europe.

Seriously move to the US you faggots. Minimum wage here is $8.25. And unlike you faggots, we can't be NEETs or we'll be in the street. The gov't doesn't give us autism bux or anything.

That's why we Murricans will always be better than you Europeans.

>> No.8891076

>>8891066
$7.25 in my state but whatever

>> No.8891083

>>8891066
Not autism bucks, but niggerbux.

>> No.8891081

>>8890995
It was a place that repairs airplane parts. A guy and me were hired to fill 2 spots for the same job. He was a normal, outgoing, redneck type with typical huntin' and drinkin' interests, fiance, everything. I was a typical /jp/ type who doesn't have anything in common with 99% of the population and had been in the basement for the last 7 months. Obviously he hit it off with everyone and was well liked, I just came off as creepy (I've dealt with the same shit before).
We spent our first month in a dark warehouse room rearranging things, I loved it. Hardly anyone would go back there and it was just me and him bragging on himself all day. After that we were moved into the main area where you're basically in a giant room with 50 other guys under bright lights. I went and asked my supervisor if there were any other positions that were quieter, something more peaceful like the inventory they had me doing. He tells me to wait and comes back 10 minutes later with the HR lady, they tell me no, I say "alright that's fine, I'll get back to work then." HR lady said not to bother if I'm not happy now then I'll never be happy with it and kicked me out. I'm pretty sure they were waiting for any chance to get rid of me since I wasn't a loud, friendly, normalfag that can talk about that party he went to last weekend.

Haven't even had an interview since

>> No.8891082

>>8891031
This is the point where you start to take the anti-zionist posters seriously, because they're right.

>> No.8891102

>>8890914
>Student loans
>University

N-No thank you! University is quite shitty. Even more so if you have extreme misanthropy or social anxiety. It's basically 4+ years of unpaid work, where your only real reward is to network and make social connections. That's what gets you those high paying jobs, not your actual degree.

You won't be making any social impressions on people if you are a /jp/er, since most of us avoid people by choice.

>> No.8891109

>>8891102
>extreme misanthropy
Now I hate people who say "hurr durr 'misanthrope' u just tryin to be edgy" as much as anyone, but what the fuck is "extreme misanthropy"?

>> No.8891127

>>8891109
Probably exactly what you said "hurr durr edgy" but instead of being a phase or time-limited thing, the person is constantly angry.

>> No.8891132

Well you all seeeem merry. You tired of living or something?

>> No.8891136

>>8891127
Well what would that involve, anyway? I mean, if I think "extreme misanthropy" and took it as anything other than being a little angsty, I would assume people are going to die.

>> No.8891143

I imagine an "extreme misanthrope" would kill themselves after bearing with the thought that they too, are human.

>> No.8891148

>>8891132
Yes, but more precisely because life in the modern world isn't really what you would call "living". Just slaving away and breeding mindlessly so the next generation can go through the same shitty experience.

>> No.8891151

>>8891102
>>It's basically 4+ years of unpaid work

Not even close. University is like the disney babby version of work where you're your own boss. So take advantage of it if you got nothing better going on I say.

Just make sure you graduate!

>> No.8891158
File: 993 KB, 500x288, 1328414708019.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8891102
I tried college for a semester just to make sure I knew whether or not I wanted to go, and I found it to be like high school but a thousand times more stressful.

It wasn't because of the work or anything (it was actually easier than most of my high school classes), but the entire environment is just dreadful. How professors treated their job, and the obnoxious students (due to finally being away from their parents) made it living hell.

>> No.8891160

>>8891066
Actually, getting autism bucks in America is significantly easier than most europe countries. And I would know becuase I actually get that shit.

>> No.8891163

>>8891148
Modern world, ancient world. What's the difference?

>> No.8891168

>>8891163
We're able to at the very least stay alive with no effort at all, ancient times you had to work substantially more. I guess...

>> No.8891176

>>8891158
This. I found the work pretty damn fun. The buildings were nice, the facilities were great, the library was amazing. But overall the atmosphere felt off, lecturers seemed to treat things too seriously or not seriously enough, my classmates were obnoxious as hell, etc.
One of the biggest problems is that my intention was to go through university without making any friends. I figured people were more grown up, but I was worried people might basically pick on me for being weird and quiet. However, the complete opposite happened. A whole bunch of people tried to become my friend because it was a casual environment and that's apparently what people do. I ended up shaking off some of the more annoying ones, but a couple of the completely-oblivious-to-social-cues people insisted on being my friend. Even when I said, "No I don't want to go into town," I would basically end up having to go into town with them. I had to constantly come up with excuses to avoid social contact with people who really wanted to hang out with me. It was awful.

The best person I met was actually autistic. He sat at the front of each lecture with a dictaphone and answered every question the lecturers asked. Eventually I, the awkward one who didn't want friends, approached him and he was cool as hell. Guy just rambled on about things and it was neat. Then I could say, "I'll see you later," and he'd just accept it. Same with him. He'd just walk off after he was done saying something and it was fine. Autistic people are great.

>> No.8891188

>>8891168
This. It's the one reason I'm happy to be part of this generation.

Though being a hermit might be pretty cool. I'm kind of tempted to save up enough money for a one-way trip to some rainforest or somewhere. I will literally need to work in order to stay alive, so it might be enlightening. I mean, it's not like I would just sit there and starve to death. Unless I would. Kind of banking on my survival instincts kicking in.

>> No.8891194

>>8891188
You might want to hurry up with that, I doubt there's going to be enough land for you to roam soon enough.

>> No.8891197

>>8891176
>>A whole bunch of people tried to become my friend because it was a casual environment

Blame yourself for that. Should have tried to look more threatening, scary, or crazy.

Autism-kun knew how the game was played.

>> No.8891203

>>8891194
Well I could go somewhere more local and hospitable. A forest or something. Though my worry is that if I stay too close, I would just give up and walk home.

What was the name of that thing where people travel the world with no money and see how far they can get?

>> No.8891220

my parents give me money every 2 weeks. i always save about half of it. i have about 12,000 saved up from the past 3 years. at this rate, whenever my parents decide to stop giving me money, which i don't think will be any time soon, i should have enough to just get by for a decent amount of time. so hopefully i won't have to worry about getting a job for some time.

>> No.8891243

>>8891176
I hate the people like you who complain "oh everyone just loves me so much I hate it."

>> No.8891255

>>8891197
congrats on the marriage

>> No.8891261

>>8891243
Are you perchance jealous of him?

>> No.8891277

>>8891176

>Then I could say, "I'll see you later," and he'd just accept it

nothings better than a relationship you don't have to take home with you. i've met one person who was down with that, and he's the only friend i've ever really had. we meet every now and then, typically to get something to eat, we can talk about stuff because we're in to the same things, and then when we're done that's that, we say goodbye and retreat back to our caves until the next time we decide to get together.

>> No.8891291

>>8891243
That wasn't the problem. I know what you mean, and I used to hate people like that too. I was not attractive or popular by any means. The people who I ended up having to follow around (or being followed around by) were weirdos. They were nice people, but the simple fact is that I didn't want friends. However in the real world, that comes across as bitter as it sounds. I don't want to be loved or hated, I just want to be left alone.

>> No.8891301

>>8891027
congrats on the marriage

>> No.8891311

>>8891277

This is why I'm glad when you or your friends move away. I don't have a Facebook or a mobile phone or anything, but when my old friends are in the area they'll get in touch and we'll hang out. There are no obligations or anything, it's just having a conversation and leaving whenever you want. No judging or filler or any of that stuff.

Which reminds me: does anyone else get euphoric when they go outside? I am usually as shy and anxious as most people here, but the last few times I have met with people I've just felt like this big city full of thousands of people was some sort of hilarious dream and I could do whatever I wanted. It was fucking great.
I think I might be going a bit mad...

>> No.8891327

>>8891311
Thats how I've always imagined it is for social butterflies, they're able to just see the city as a massive dream and as such they can just do whatever they want. I like to take walks around the city but the only way I keep myself from stressing out is treating everyone like npcs in a computer game.

>> No.8891333

>>8890777
>>8890989
>>8891057
>>8891081
>>8891176
>>8891158
>>8891220

Listen up faggots, I'll only say this once. You may never be fortunate enough to get this much good advice ever again. The secret to dealing with people you don't want to be involved with is to level your bullshitting skills. The better you are at bullshitting, the better you can mingle with people while still distancing yourself from any real relationship. It's simple as fuck.

The best way to level your BS is to start noob tier by selling highschool kids weed or drugs. Step it up as you get more confident.

>> No.8891362

>>8891333
Just out of interest, what would you consider to be bad advice?

>> No.8891394

>>8891333
So basically, in order to avoid people you have to turn criminal. I'm suspecting people will still populate, just a different crowd.

>> No.8891399

>>8890804
That's why you must try to get a job you will enjoy, it is very hard to make money and enjoy doing it.

>> No.8891595

>>8890913
About $47K start not including signing bonus. It's more for the company name and professional acc. training program they have I guess. I'll really miss my campus job though. It was very cushy and easy-going. Good pay too and I was just browsing 4chan or LANing with a colleague alot of the time.

>> No.8891732

>>8891081
>Haven't even had an interview since

You mean you haven't applied to any more jobs or you haven't passed to the interviewing stage ever since?

>> No.8891751

>>8891243
People pursuing you and bugging you to join them in parties has nothing to do with people having a particular liking for you. It's all about strenght in numbers. People don't want to go anywhere alone. Besides, it's the perfect excuse to invite chicks to go with you: other people are going, so it's not a date, nothing serious. I'll just casually fill you up with alcohol and then have my way with you in one of the club's stalls. That or they'll make a wingman out of you to get the ugly/uninteresting chicks out of the way.

>> No.8892500

>>8891751
Unfortunately for you, normie, nobody on /jp/ thinks that way.

Please kill yourself back to >>>/soc/

>> No.8892519

I drive a forklift for the government. Sometimes my manager doesn't even know what I should be doing for the day so I just drive around to look busy.

17/hr with 50 hour work weeks.

>> No.8892538

I wish the government gave me money for my mental/neurological illnesses.

That or there was a maximum 35 hour work week in this country.

Should I move to Europe /jp/?

>> No.8893172

>>8891160
How do you get autismbucks in the US?

>> No.8893176

>>8892519
I want your job.

How do I get it?

>> No.8893272

>>8893172
I think this is it
http://www.ssa.gov/pgm/ssi.htm
It's about 600 a month.

>> No.8893298

>>8892500
did you not understand what he wrote or is that just the autism talking?

>> No.8894639
File: 262 KB, 494x618, 1335029984288.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8893272
I'll check it out, thanks. I can't find work at all. Hopefully I can seem autistic enough.

>> No.8894689

>>8894639
But, anon.... You already are!

>> No.8894693

God damn it morons stop shoe-horning yourselves into autism spectrum disorders. I have nothing against lying to the government for the sake of money, but you are ruining it for the rest of us. Plenty of people complain that disorders like AS are overdiagnosed or an excuse to be rude and get free money. Now you are living up that stereotype and we can no longer have nice things.

>> No.8894720

>>8890915
Don't feel bad
Fighting in a world war would've been scary at times but you also had the chance to take part in one of the most significant points in human history.

Not to mention in post-ww times you could literally walk down the street and apply for a typical job and make enough to buy a house, couple of cars, a boat, etc. Women were also different back then and marriage actually wasn't a completely retarded move like it is today.

Your grandfather had it great. No wonder you don't want to leave your basement when the world is the way it is.

>> No.8894743

>>8894720
Thank you. This makes me happy.

Though my grandmother also "fought" in the war (she helped man the anti-aircraft guns), and she recently died cold and alone.
Say nice things about her life!

>> No.8894747
File: 68 KB, 309x309, 1334693340852.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8894689
I might be, I dunno. I used to be in therapy in high school. She said I might want to get checked out for schizophrenia, but she could have just been bullshitting me.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action