[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 13 KB, 229x350, madotsuki disapproves.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8793288 No.8793288 [Reply] [Original]

Do you think autism is a disease we should be working on a cure for?

Or do you think we should just accept that people are different, and learn to deal with it like adults?

>> No.8793296

I think it's a great source of humor.

>> No.8793291

Autists should be sent to the ovens.

>> No.8793292

I think the latter.

>> No.8793302

I think you should look up what a disease is, accept that autism can't be "cured", leave it as a disorder (because it is) but accept the social aspects of the neurodiversity movement.

>> No.8793303

Many brilliant and influential inventors and scientists of the past had personalities that perfectly fit the descriptions for autism and aspergers. What will it do to our advancement as a species if we "cure" autism and aspergers?

>> No.8793304

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savant_syndrome
>50% of savants have autism; the other 50% often have psychological disorders or mental illnesses

Everyone on /jp/ is a failure autist.

>> No.8793306

I think your second proposal has even less chance of succeeding than your first.

>> No.8793335

>>8793304
>Savant syndrome
The fuck is this? That isn't a thing. Filing a WP:NOTABILITY claim against this.

I wish people would stop associating autism with savants though. Fucking Rain Man.
Also fuck autists who actually are savants. Fuck you guys with a rusty fork.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action