[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 884 KB, 4000x3758, 1330737287405.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8755618 No.8755618 [Reply] [Original]

So I want to learn how to lucid dream because the drugs I'm on make me remember all of my dreams now. I've followed most of the information in this chart to no avail. Does anybody here have experience with successfully lucid dreaming? I want to be with mai waifu.

>> No.8755632
File: 44 KB, 341x244, E 805.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wow, that pic is HUGE

>> No.8755642

>>8755618
I had a pretty good one the other day. What problems do you have? Don't realize when you're in a dream? Can't control everything you want? Dreams are not vivid enough? Wake up too early? Can't remember all the details?

My biggest problem is that lucid ones tend to be too short, even if I manage to avoid accidentally waking up. Controlling what goes on is easy. Increasing the amount of detail/how vivid also works if you can get the previous step working fine. Avoiding waking up by accident is harder as sometimes one forgets to stop and take in the environment each time they get too excited. Remembering isn't that hard, if the dream is of "good" quality.

>> No.8755660

...So, what drugs are these, exactly?

>> No.8755674

>>8755642
I can't realize I'm dreaming when I fall asleep.
>>8755660
Second generation anti-psychotics to treat schizophrenia, zyprexa to be precise.

>> No.8755699

>>8755674
> I can't realize I'm dreaming when I fall asleep.
Maybe try that WILD method then. It rarely works for me.

Most of the time DILD works for me, I've been doing it before even knowing what it was called. I realize that I'm dreaming because usually dreams have obvious inconsistencies and anything that I try to imagine in a dream will usually translate into a direct action in it, which obviously doesn't work in reality, thus it becomes easy to tell that you're in a dream. It helps having certain unusual preferences such as flying around or changing stuff to anything you wish which just wouldn't work in any lawful external reality making it obvious that you're dreaming.

>> No.8755705

Jared Loughner loved lucid dreaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLYeSwMVg_0

>> No.8756197

I have no idea why I can lucid dream. I have always been able to do it. I'm starting to think its one of those things that you can either do or never do it. Like being able to draw. And my reality check is if my teeth are loose I'm dreaming. Always got loose teeth in my dreams. Kinda weird.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action