[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 80 KB, 436x500, 1331579626709.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8726934 No.8726934 [Reply] [Original]

I experienced it last night, /jp/. I finally experienced it.

I was imagining myself cuddling with my imaginary little sister as I was falling asleep, just as I do each night, but it was different this time. As I closed my eyes and tried my best to visualize her next to me, I began to feeling a warm sensation against my right ear and then I heard sleepy breathing and soft sighs.

I didn't want to open my eyes and risk ending the experience, but I could feel her arms wrapped around me, the warmth of her breath against the side of my face, and I could hear her just as if she was really laying next to me.

This is just the beginning though. Soon I will see and hear her, even when I'm fully awake. I can feel the walls of my mind crumbling around me as I lose touch with reality and it's a wonderful feeling.

Have you had any success with materializing the one you love into this dimension?

>> No.8726939
File: 76 KB, 708x1000, 5e47784979dcdc2285a5b8fc0b185b39.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8726945

Protip, that was no imagination. It was your mom.

>> No.8726949

Enjoy your schizophrenia kid.

>> No.8726953

Nope OP, that was me.
I broke into your house to crush our hopes and dreams

>> No.8726950
File: 70 KB, 530x750, 4cfec9a46dc913ab334feb99c683aba3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

let's roll!

>> No.8726955

Congrats OP, your schizophrenia is finally kicking in. Have fun being a crazy homeless bum muttering to himself about little girls in a ditch somewhere.

>> No.8726958

>>8726934
Congratulations, Anon.

I truly wish you the best. After all, you possessed the wisdom to look beyond the pig disgusting objective reality and find meaning and happiness for yourself.

That's something the vast majority of humans cannot ever hope to achieve, due to the fact that they are so narrow-minded and incompetent.

>> No.8726980

This is what I do every night, but instead of my imagination and schizophrenia I use my ipod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0CuyZBaG90

It's just as good. The powers of the virtual barbershop are easily harnessed and used to help ease loneliness.

>> No.8726997

you supposed to use lucid dreaming for stuff like this

>> No.8726991

>>8726980

this actually exists.

holy shit how nerdy do you have to be.

>> No.8727006

>>8726980
This is a great idea.

>> No.8727017
File: 32 KB, 470x781, 5ed65442c50386dd80f70ff454fb1123.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8726958
>>8726955
>>8726953
>>8726945
>>8726949
with all these congratulations its like the original poster is shinji ikari !!!!! what does it have to do with roll ?

>> No.8727022

>>8726980
There are even crickets in the background.

>> No.8727042

>>8726980
more here
http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/%E6%84%9F%E3%81%98%E3%82%8BCD
http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/%E3%83%90%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8E%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%AB%E9%8C%B2%E9%9F%B3
?sort=v

>> No.8727072

>>8726997

Why limit yourself to just dreams though?

Life shouldn't be split into one period of happiness (lucid dreaming) and one period of suffering (being awake)

We all have this power within us. We all can become insane. Why limit yourself to dreams when you can shatter these chains of reality, these walls that your mind uses to prevent you from hallucinating and see the things that you really want to see. They're only barricades that your mind puts up to confine you inside a life of misery. Once those have been taken down then you can spend time with the one you love in all of your waking moments. It's not easy, but it's possible. Grab hold of your five senses and control them. She can exist outside of your dreams if you work hard and tear down the barriers your mind has placed.

Sanity is the only thing standing between you and a life of happiness.

>> No.8727093
File: 391 KB, 714x1000, 14926446.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this is a roll thread !

>> No.8727096
File: 125 KB, 462x460, 1230026023701.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Innocence gave me confidence to go up against reality. Now I've gained some understanding of the only world that we see... Things that I once dreamed of, have become reality~

>> No.8727100
File: 304 KB, 713x1034, 043800c0adeef18e229b47e266d33ec0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Roll Light....

>> No.8727114
File: 158 KB, 455x610, 1331753405051.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8727072
I... I couldn't have said it better myself, Anon.

>> No.8727122

>>8727096
Have you achieved ascension?
How did you do it?

>> No.8727125
File: 132 KB, 723x800, 7d8a9445ce30961424c9043b36123f61.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8727142
File: 9 KB, 250x186, Desubro.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All I have to say is: KOOL STORY, SISTA.

>> No.8727156

That was a beautiful post OP.
I'm being serious, it really was.

>> No.8727159

Are you ABSOLUTELY serious you felt that? I might try making myself insane as well.

>> No.8727166

That sounds nice OP.

Shortly after I graduated I got a girlfriend who I met online, she lived a couple hours away. One week I spent every day with her, we slept together and did everything, it was both of our first times. After I left, my first night back home I remember waking up in the middle of the night and I thought she was laying next to me and I actually believed she came to me in the middle of the night and crawled into my bed somehow. I remember waking up and she wasn't there. It felt really bad. We broke up soon after that and I haven't had a girlfriend since.

>> No.8727165

>>8727072
>>8726934
I would only say that 'insane' would apply if it's something truly outside of your control. A controlled hallucination is no different from: controlled daydreaming/imagination, your own conscious thread of thought, dreaming, your self, ...
If you truly have trouble distinguishing the objects you imagined from those that you sense (external reality), you may have a more serious mental problem, but if you're just imagining your waifu, I wouldn't call it any different from a having a more "fractured"/dual self.

There's this one theory that says that a lot of people in antiquity failed to generate a coherent self and all they had were such a fractured mental reality, thus they came up with a lot of religions with this (including the current popular ones).

I have no idea if this would work, but I'll be experimenting myself to see if I can make such a "mindform". The only way to know what something is like is to be that something. I'm not really fearing trying it as I have good mental discipline and it doesn't seem like it would be hard to get rid of it if something goes really wrong (by reducing attention), but I don't really expect that it would.

Have fun with your waifu OP, I wish you best of luck!

>> No.8727169

Sometimes I have dreams which feel very intensive, I can then really feel the touches, smell things and taste stuff.
Such moments in my dreams are always about my lover

>> No.8727182
File: 634 KB, 780x780, 44.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do I have to be predisposed to schizophrenia in order to achieve this?

My grandfather was schizophrenic so maybe it does run in the family, but I haven't shown any symptoms. I have no reason to live in this world any longer though. I'm unhappy, I have no obligations and no one that would mourn my death, but I don't want to die. The end of your existence isn't something to look forward to, it's endless nothing that you aren't even capable of being consciously aware of since you're dead. Suicide is only a viable choice when you are completely out of all other options and there's no escape, but maybe I can still retreat into my mind. The source of all problems is the brain, situations that make me feel unhappy are just the result of what my mind allowed me to see and feel. How do I do it though? What's the first step if I want to gain control?

>> No.8727185
File: 238 KB, 500x500, 7208086da0abe84791b5dd344f13613a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Roll...

>> No.8727194

C.G. Jung had an imaginary friend he could talk to (google Philemon) and he didn't end up insane.

>> No.8727208
File: 11 KB, 235x250, sort (414).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8727072
lucid dreaming is achieved through mind discipline. it is completely opposite to madness.

the more lucid you are while being awake, the more lucid you are in the dream

the real world isn't bad, you just not lucid enough
i remember achieving states when it was pleasant just to breathe. fucking bliss~

though getting lucid dreams every night is not an easy feat, i think its more than worth the time. it's gives a key to knowing yourself, to happiness.

>> No.8727210

>>8727194
Who cares if it makes you turn insane?
As long as I feel good with my mental issues I couldn't care less if someone thinks that I should get healed to live properly in the real world

>> No.8727216

>>8727182
Endless nothing may suck, but it's way better than many of the other afterlives out there.

With that said though, you can definitely achieve this if you put your mind to it. Don't give up!

>> No.8727226

>>8727210
Because insane is subjective and likely wrong here. You don't call people insane because they can think in their own mind without saying their thoughts out loud. What you would be developing is similar to that, but far more advanced. All that you would need to stay sane is to be rational and be able to tell that which you imagine vs that which is sensed in the physical reality. You don't have to act like a crazy person just because you have an "imaginary friend" or if you "dream".

>> No.8727263

>>8727226
But even if you do turn insane, I don't think it really matters

>> No.8727277

>>8727216
I don't really think "no consciousness" even makes any sense, but I believe in a form of Plenitude (similar to "all consistent mathematical structures exist", but a bit more limited) which forces physical theories like MWI to be true or partially true (along with one specific philosophy of mind). This pretty much guarantees that you will never die from your first person perspective. If my assumption is false, then reality is a very incomplete complex mess and we cannot even be conscious(contradicts experienced reality), but I don't want to derail this thread with such topics too much. Maybe for some people oblivion would be easier, but I don't think it would work. I'll either find out my theory to be true, or never find out anything (I'd be dead). Have to get annoyed by it being unfalsifiable like that, but it arises out of rather common unspoken scientific assumptions which are not really controversial at all, yet most that hold those assumptions didn't follow them to their logical conclusion...

>> No.8727283
File: 242 KB, 550x600, 708bfedd693ef8145f9b70d1bcee173b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

is there any hope for Roll ?

>> No.8727288

>>8727226
I think the only time we can objectively label a certain type of behavior as insane, is when it's clearly unhealthy in some way (causes some damage to yourself or others, or prevents you from living a functional, fulfilling life). Even if you have an illusionary waifu, and even if you genuinely believe she exists, there's no reason to assume anything negative will come out of it.

Of course, normalfags will have their own biases to depend on instead of reason, so they have no trouble labeling it as insane. But no one cares what they think.

>> No.8727296
File: 523 KB, 406x1000, joan.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8727208
I was thinking about that, and it really is strange.

A lucid dream is staying conscious while asleep, but is it during REM sleep? Is it possible to stay in REM and trance for 24 hours, even while "awake"? If you can do it while lucid and control REM then, why not be able to do it with eyes open and not flashing around rapidly?

I've experienced this before in a sense I believe, in what is commonly known as sleep paralysis. You see the dream overlapped on reality. There is one thing that gets in the way though, and that is the paralysis. There are people who can sleepwalk though, so there MUST be a way to stay in a semi REM mode with control of your body and eyes.

I'm wondering if anyone has done a study on this already. A forced lucid sleep walk. It might get a bit scary though, I know I've never really acted in full consciousness while lucid or paralyzed. I was aware, but not in full control of my thoughts so to say, just acting on impulse.

>> No.8727302

>>8727296
You can only dream in REM as far as I'm aware.

>> No.8727308

>>8727182
meditation(vipassana, taichi)
workout(do stuff until you can't do more. don't trick yourself)
memory training

these things will give more control than you've ever witnessed
the side effects are:
-feels awesome
-lucid dreams
-better mental and physical health in old age
-creativity +%300

>> No.8727316

>>8727302

Some people remember every dream they have; others can't remember any dream. But with the right
techniques and enough practice virtually everyone can remember their dreams. The first step is
paying attention to your dreams. Think about them. Write them down. Talk about them. Discuss
them. Your best recall is when you wake up. So you should write them down or record them with a
tape recorder right after you wake up. But spend some time recalling as many dreams and details
you can before you start writing them down. Alarm clocks are dream-killers, so stop using them
if you want to retain dreams. If you wake up naturally will you most likely wake up from REM
sleep. So you should get to bed early so that you don't have to use an alarm clock. You can
still set the alarm clock, but make sure you have gotten to bed so early that you wake up
before the alarm clock goes off. Sleeping longer will also make you dream more. You will almost
literally have continual REM sleep after 8-9 hours. If you sleep 9 hours are you almost bound
to remember at least one dream.
Waking up several times during the night may increase dream recall and possibly induce Lucid
Dreams (see my Lucid Dreaming FAQ). Since dreaming has a lot to do with learning and memory
should you try new activities and learn new things. This will increase dreaming and thereby
dream recall. Drugs, food and herbs may also affect your dream recall. And as usual the power
of suggestion is extremely powerful, so you should state, aloud if you want, your intention to
recall your dreams. Here is also where hypnosis may enter the picture. Listening to hypnotic
tapes may help a lot.

>> No.8727319

>>8727288
The thing is, "functional" and "fulfilling" are subjective. If we're not hurting anyone else and are genuinely happy, then no matter what our life is like, I don't see how anyone else has any right to shit all over it.

>> No.8727322

>>8727302
Information about sleep talking

Your whole body is normally paralyzed during REM. Your senses remain active, and sometimes it
happens that you partly act out your dream. So you may talk while sleeping if your muscles
aren't fully paralyzed. We know that we can dream in non-REM sleep, maybe not as vivid, but
enough to talk. Most sleep talking occurs in non-REM. In a Lucid Dream can you also command
yourself to talk while dreaming.

>> No.8727325

>>8727322
>We know that we can dream in non-REM sleep, maybe not as vivid, but
>enough to talk.
Alright. I assumed deep sleep meant no dreaming. This is pretty interesting, even though I never did get the hang of dream recall, let alone lucid dreaming.

>> No.8727330

>>8727325
Me neither, it's kinda hard.

>> No.8727332

>>8727308
This. I like zazen (zen) meditation, because zen buddhism speaks to me. It helps with sadness and depression.

>> No.8727333

>>8727302
What about hallucination during sleep paralysis? That would be premature entry into REM state, yet you can keep your eyes open.
What I'm trying to say, is there must be a way to overlap that state of hallucination and still keep full control of your body. After all, if there are people who can sleep walk, why can't they open their eyes and remain aware while doing that as well?

>> No.8727350

>>8727296
it's partially possible though sleep deprivation and it's bad for ya.
you can use sleep paralysis to get into "out of body exp"
read "Journeys Out of the Body"
it'll teach you how to. i don't believe that you actually going out though. but the dude had proved it.

as for dreams, you should start from getting into full control.

>> No.8727351

>>8727182

There are many ways, but concentration and determination is what is all boils down to.

You're about to engage your mind in a war. This isn't a war that can be quickly won though, there's no brute-force way to charge in and quickly tear down those walls. Every attack that you make will be parried with thoughts to discourage you, but your mind can't keep fighting forever. This is a war that can only be won through exhausting your opponent to the point of surrender.

In practical terms though, you just have to keep thinking that she is real and never give up. Spend your time concentrating on her, if you can then try to include her in everything that you do. Browsing through /jp/? Converse with her inside of your mind. If she's not talking back then that's not a problem, you can talk for her. Have back and forth conversations inside of your mind, it might feel silly, but this isn't something that comes easily or everyone would be doing it. I promise you though, eventually she's going to talk back on her own. You're going to hear thoughts in your mind that aren't your own thoughts and that's when you'll know that she is real and you've created a separate identity inside of your mind.

The problem though is that your mind won't give up that easily. You're going to be plagued with thoughts like "This is ridiculous. I'm just talking to myself" but don't give into it. This is your mind trying to force its version of reality onto you. The real trait that will win this war is sheer stubbornness and determination. Ignore those negative 'realistic' thoughts and keep talking to her. Close your eyes and picture her, imagine yourself falling to sleep next to her, and never lose hope or doubt her existence. Your willpower brings her into existence and she's relying on you for that, so never give up, especially when it seems hopeless.

(continued)

>> No.8727354

>>8727351

She will arrive when you least expect it and when that happens then it's just a matter of time until you have gained complete control.

This is still just the first victory in a long war though. Many people settle down at this point, content with having a voice inside of their mind that they can talk to, but there's so much more to be uncovered. First focus on hearing her inside of your mind, but if you want true control then don't let yourself settle for that. Keep focusing and keep talking to her. Focus more of your time on visualizing her inside of your mind, experiment with lucid dreaming so that you can firmly place memories of touching her and visually seeing her inside of her mind. As I said before though, it's all focus and determination. Keep doing this and soon you'll hear her voice when you're awake, eventually you will begin to see her or feel her, her image might not be perfectly clear at first, but with time and with continued focus you will be able to win those last few battles that your mind wages against you and she will eventually become a fully formed hallucination that you can communicate with as much as you want.

>> No.8727358

>>8727319
Because your life is only worthwhile if you serve the society and bring even more children into this world even if you don't want it,obviously

>> No.8727359

>>8727351
>>8727354
http://tulpaforce.tumblr.com/ is a blog of a guy trying this. There are some guides here as well.

>> No.8727362

>>8727296
>>8727333
Okay, I've been looking through this. Sleep walking occurs through a different phase called NREM, although sleeptalking seems to be possible during REM. There doesn't seem to be a way, or at least any documented cases, of acting in lucid REM.

Anyone want to try a /jp/ project with ourselves as the test subjects?

>> No.8727378
File: 380 KB, 1755x955, 11828593.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8727351
so much determination wasted on ego based stuff..
just understand that you don't need anyone
it's just ego playing games with you.

be a light onto yourself

>> No.8727386

>>8727354
Is it possible to go beyond this, Anon?

I want to push it farther and farther, and completely break down the wall between reality and fantasy until there is nothing left of it.

>> No.8727397

>>8727386
Schizophrenia. Really, I don't think anyone knows something about changing the way you see things. The best you can do is to make multiple tulpas.

>> No.8727419

>>8727386

I don't see why not. I don't have any suggestions since I've never tried that, but in theory I don't see why it wouldn't work if you could find a way to apply the same practices of determination and focus to inanimate objects and construct a world around yourself.

It's just that this is probably the easiest way since imaginary friends are something that most people have some experience with. Talking to yourself doesn't feel strange and after a certain point conversing with and focusing on a separate personality inside of yourself begins to feel very natural, but I would imagine that it would be much harder to focus that much on something that you can't have that same connection with, something like objects or an environment that you would need to fully blur that line between reality and fantasy.

>> No.8727431

I don't get one thing about this Tulpas, are you supposed to talk to them and imagine a reply back? or do you juts talk them without waiting for a reply?

>> No.8727440

>>8727319
I don't think they're subjective. By functional, I just mean that you're capable of surviving without depending on the benevolence of others, and by fulfilling, I mean that you yourself feel that you're getting what you want out of life. There's no room for biases to creep in, as far as I know.

>> No.8727441

>>8727431
Nope, you CAN'T imagine the reply. It will reply to you on it's own after some (long probably) time.

>> No.8727448

>>8727431
see >>8727351
specifically

Converse with her inside of your mind. If she's not talking back then that's not a problem, you can talk for her. Have back and forth conversations inside of your mind, it might feel silly, but this isn't something that comes easily or everyone would be doing it. I promise you though, eventually she's going to talk back on her own. You're going to hear thoughts in your mind that aren't your own thoughts and that's when you'll know that she is real and you've created a separate identity inside of your mind.

>> No.8727455

>>8727397
Visual hallucinations are rather rare in schizophrenia and tend to be relatively simple even if you do experience them.

>> No.8727457

>>8727448
>>8727441 here
I've been reading that if you imagine replies your tulpa won't make it's own personality.

>> No.8727473

Am supposed to create an original tulpa? or can I take a character from a VN and use it for the whole process?

>> No.8727476

>>8727473
Doesn't matter. However, tulpa's personality can change so don't expect it to be EXACTLY like your VN character.

>> No.8727478

>>8727473
You are gonna get sued for copyright infringement if you do that.

>> No.8727483
File: 91 KB, 200x200, 1330318873746.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8727478
Oh shit, whatever shall I do if those capitalistfags from the megacorporations come after me?

>> No.8727487

>>8727483
You'll get arrested for thoughtcrime.

>> No.8727526

>>8727473
I'm using a 2D character with a well-known design, but with some stuff changed. The guides seem to suggest that you must visualize the character naked first, instead of clothed, otherwise it won't be able to change clothes or be very flexible in that regard. Don't visualize it in full, do it in cumulative parts, sort of like you make a 3DCG character.

>> No.8727539

>>8727378

>it's just ego playing games with you.

Isn't this part of the fun in life though?

I investigated Buddhism a few years back and l found the concept of the ego, specifically ego death, very fascinating, but I wonder if there are pleasant things in life that can only be experienced with the ego.

I think that your mind needs to be fully open to the idea of the loss of ego before it could be appealing. For example, take a look at drug users who have inadvertently triggered temporary ego death. This happens sometimes with psychedelics and it's a traumatic experience to them because they weren't receptive to the idea of losing the ego.

The ego is an illusion and it's the source of pain and suffering, but I think it's also the source of passion and intense euphoria that you would be incapable of experiencing if you were to rid yourself of it.

While the endless peace and enlightment of ego death might be appealing to some people, I think it's equally valid to enjoy the illusion and allow yourself to savor and get caught up in the game of life, especially if you can control these circumstances to some extent through self-induced hallucinations.

>> No.8727627

>>8727539
Zen Buddhism is probably for you. It criticises traditional buddhims for it's mindlessness. From what I understand it's goal is not to destroy ego but to change it so you can enjoy life. I recommend books by Daisetsu Teitaro Suzuki

>> No.8727637

>>8727539

>> No.8727645
File: 384 KB, 678x500, 23845603.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8727539
of course i'd like to taste of everything that ego has to offer, if i could do it with short bursts. but that's impossible, since you still have to believe into some bullshit i had to unlearn before. some illusions are just too obvious for me now.

there's a trick though, if you do stuff with awareness, it's a-ok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnNSwDB0_cQ

the rule of thumb for me is the more awareness you have, the better.

that's why i think that succumbing to your imagination is like sealing your fate. you can't get back from there by yourself. Whatever you are refusing to control, controls you

>> No.8727749

After reading this thread, I think that reality is all in our heads. What is different between dreams and reality? They are simply two different states of the mind.

I wish I could have a butterfly dream...

>> No.8727756

>>8727749
Good job. Now you can change everything around you.

>> No.8727797

>>8727749
this feeling won't last long
unless you will start the practice soon, you'll fall into deep asleep again and go back to mindless habits.

this is a message is directed also at myself

>> No.8727868

I actually have a little sister.

Last night she jumped on top of me with a butcher knife - a real one - while screaming like a lunatic. I was so terrified I think a few hairs turned white.

OP is a faggot and my sister is evil

>> No.8727887

>>8727868
Yandere imōto? I envy you.

>> No.8727968

>>8727539
Having experimented with psychedelic drugs multiple times and experiencing both horrid and "pleasant" ego deaths, I can tell you that once it's gone (the ego), everything shifts. There's a quiet peace and emptiness, but it's at the price of being disconnected from everything else, and that which is right in front of you becomes muddled and confusing. My father was raised a traditional Buddhist and told me about how the path to enlightenment stems from suppression and destruction of the ego, but I have found that it is the ego that necessarily binds us to reality as we understand it. As you stated, it is the source of pain and misery, but also of pleasure and happiness; without it, we cannot feel. One can't really say that ego death is "good" or "bad" as those are terms that come from the ego. It's nothingness. I'm not sure what can truly be gained from a destruction of self. Enlightenment? What good is that when you're disconnected from everything else, including your conceptual self?

>>8727749
It is, but that doesn't negate that which exists outside of us. Dreams are truly only in our heads, and reality is our understanding of that around us. They feel the same sometimes because the self can only exist inside one's head.

>> No.8728055

>>8727749

I agree, but I think there are some important differences between dreams and reality that have to be considered.

Everything you experience, whether in a dream or in reality, is all generated and displayed to you by your mind. The fundamental difference is whether or not this is generated internally or based upon external stimuli. Dreaming or hallucination is an internal experience that lacks the physical limitations of reality, but entities encountered within either still appear to act independently to the viewer (you) even though on some unconscious level you're controlling their actions. This doesn't matter though because you're unaware of it, so in every important way dreams are far superior to reality. What you experience in reality is based upon external interaction with other living things and your environment, this is inherently more dangerous than dreams because interaction with unpredictable individuals or exposure to dangerous events can be lethal in reality, it's also far less entertaining because the dangers cause inhibition and there's also the basic physical limitations of reality.

There is one important downside to extended dreaming and hallucinating though. The physical body must be maintained in order for you to continue having dreams and to hallucinate, but with extended periods of separation from reality you will eventually neglect your health and starve or the people in reality who are maintaining your health (parents) will die and you will succumb to starvation or exposure now that you have no source of income and no shelter.

There's two solutions. You either find a balance between reality and your dreams/hallucinations so that you can make an income to ensure your survival or you find some way to be institutionalized in a mental hospital so that they can be responsible for keeping you alive.

>> No.8728057

>>8727968
>What good is that when you're disconnected from everything else, including your conceptual self?

still better than dying like an idiot, not using the life to the full extent.

everything people do is one way or another leads to ultimate bliss.
some ways are longer than others. most of them are longer than life. but those with meditation are the shorter ones.

it works like the Maslow's hierarchy of needs, but the enlightenment is much higher than self-actualization. it's more like "out of the box" stage, i think. until then everything people do is a some kind of masturbation.

>> No.8728093
File: 24 KB, 430x320, 1323547113606.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728055

>> No.8728111

>>8727887

You stop this shit right now.

>> No.8728116
File: 177 KB, 404x344, 1323496854716.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728111

>> No.8728147

I just realized something.

You can shape your Tulpa's personality, right? And you can "hear" their thoughts in your head right?

In that case, give them a personality such that they truly believe they are real and won't allow you to deny it.

In this way, they will help you in the fight against your own mind, once you get to the point where you can hear their thoughts.

>> No.8728162

Honestly, this shit takes forever unless you're really mentally unstable. Even after practising for over 2 years, my waifu only ever appears when I'm alone and relaxed. I want her to randomly pop up from time to time, but I have to actually concentrate still, it kills the fun.

Talking to your subconscious mind trying to imitate your waifu gets boring after a while, really. Guess the next step is artificial intelligence.

>> No.8728163

>>8728147
They can change their personalities during the creation. I asked one guy with a tulpa to make him (the tulpa) do a personality test (Myer-Birggs). The result fit the tulpa, so in my theory tulpas' personalities must be coherent - they can't be just a mix of random personality traits.

>> No.8728174

>>8726980

I never knew this existed...I even found one for my waifu thank you.

>> No.8728186

>>8727968
>>8728055
You guys mention external stimuli, and that which really exists outside of us, but even for that, the only proof we have of the existence of such things is the "image" we get of them in our minds.

Also, many people believe in the existence of souls, and in at least some forms of Buddhism, souls do exist (otherwise how could you explain the cycle of reincarnation?). If that's the truth, then your physical body (if indeed it is not merely a construct of your mind in the first place) is just an unnecessary limitation.

In Touhou, those who achieve Nirvana leave their bodies and take on a spiritual existence in Heaven. Maybe it's something like that.

>> No.8728194
File: 72 KB, 600x803, 1331495851950.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

mfw i actually do that everynight with my cute sis and not imagine it

>> No.8728202

What does /jp/ think happens when you die? I don't really believe in other people, so I don't think they go anywhere because there's nothing to go. But if I could fall victim to the such a thing, It'd be another adventure. A new dream or hallucination or something else. Waking up maybe.

>>8728194
Your file name says otherwise.

>> No.8728211

>>8728202
>He doesn't rename his images so it looks like he got them off 4chan and people won't accuse him of spamming something he made up himself

>> No.8728226

I fucking love /jp/ for stories like this

>> No.8728227

>>8728211
>Primejailbait.com

Just kill yourself.

>> No.8728231

>>8728202
I wouldn't know. I would really like to say "heaven" or even "reincarnation", but I'd be lying if I said I was convinced.

Also, maybe interesting, in a way you're always reincarnated. Because what you physically consist of, atoms and molecules to be very abstract, will be reused. Eventually.

>> No.8728247

>>8727165

Yes, bicameralism I believe. I remember reading the book by Jaynes a couple of years back. However, if his theory is any accurate, then that only means that those with brains that aren't predisposed for schizophrenic tendencies don't really have a hope for achieving that dual-minded state--he explicitly attributes the phenomenon to some biological change, not merely a mental state.

I have trouble taking his work seriously, though. Being in the non-mainstream doesn't automatically discredit it, but I couldn't find any sources (at least on the internet, aside from references back to his book) on the examples he cited of paralogical experiments (where a hypnotized person would walk around a chair that obstructed his path, while a non-hypnotized person told to pretend being hypnotized would walk right into it because that is what they assumed a hypnotized person would do when told to walk straight).

>>8727166

The closest I could get to experiencing another ego apart from myself is when I was with an online relationship with someone. Though, in the end it dissolved because I suppose one could say the dreams took over reality, that reality was much too unbearable to face in the end and the other person wasn't willing to let the illusion continue.

>> No.8728248

>>8728202
Both Heaven and Reincarnation are fucking terrifying.
Just imagin having to spend the whole entrnity in a place where you can't interact with the world you knew when you were alive, or imagine being trapped in existence, reincarnating one time after another, never ending, not giving you ever rest.

It puzzles me how scientist can spend their whole life trying to solve some misteries of the universe, while leaving the one an biggest mistery ignored. Life.

>> No.8728255

>>8726980
Listening to this gave me an erection. Thanks.

>> No.8728253

>>8728231
I never got the whole fascination with reincarnation. Personality is mainly determined by genes and life experiences. If you're somehow reborn, your genetic makeup is totally different, and all of your memories are gone, so it's like you cease to exist.

>> No.8728257
File: 544 KB, 1680x1050, mind_game_369_1680.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728186
since when the reincarnation is proven fact?
and if you really get reincarnated, you still don't remember anything, so no New Game+ for you.

on an unrelated note, everyone should see Mind Game
stuff like this makes me want to live

>> No.8728261

>>8728231
What you're made of might is likely not relevant. What is more relevant is the organisation and causal/computational structures involved.

> I wouldn't know. I would really like to say "heaven" or even "reincarnation", but I'd be lying if I said I was convinced.
Possible in some theories (for example MWI-likes, but not limited to them), but don't expect you'll get what you want, the results may be far too random from what you'd prefer.

>> No.8728263

>>8727042
You think we got an account at nico nico douga faggot?

>> No.8728265

>>8728253
I don't really know anything besides the heaven/paradise, reincarnation and nothing(ness).

I'd say I also prefer it in that order

>> No.8728273

>>8728231
By the time you die, every molecule that has ever made up your body will have already cycled out at least 2 or 3 times anyway.

>> No.8728276

>>8728273
Brain too?
For female egg cells too?

>> No.8728278

I don't understand fatalism, but what really gets me is the people who think life is pointless but will fight to the death to defend their lives.

>> No.8728281

>>8728202

>What does /jp/ think happens when you die?

At the moment I don't really think that anything happens, but this is only because I have no evidence that would make me think otherwise. I'm open to ideas and would gladly believe anything else if I could accept it on something other than faith, but I don't think that believing something on faith is a good idea. It seems to be a quick and easy, but dangerously risky way to ease your mind. It fixes the symptoms of your fear, but never addresses the underlining problem for why you needed to cling to religion in the first place.

Personally I think that the best preparation for death is to accept the idea that maybe nothing happens at all and make peace with the idea that you could die at any time and then you won't be consciously aware of anything after that point. I feel that building your core beliefs around faith is like constructing a weak house in an area with volatile weather, if you're right and storms don't come then you're fine, but if you're proven wrong then your house is demolished and the belief that you based your life upon is now destroyed, which will leave you with years of uncertainty and depression. I've seen this happen so many times to disillusioned Christians and it's very depressing for them.

There's nothing to destroy if you have accepted and are at peace with the idea that nothing will happen when you die though. The only thing that can happen is that you'll be pleasantly surprised by the existence of the afterlife.

>> No.8728285

>>8728265
Yeah, but to me, reincarnation is on the exact same level as nothingness. Unless you believe in some kind of purgatory like world between reincarnations where you remember all of your previous lives, but even then your personality would become unrecognisable.

>> No.8728286

>>8728248

"The greatest weight.-- What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!"
Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus?... Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?"

Nietzsche concept of the eternal return is, I believe, a much more frightening since it is directly accessible to the modern empirico-scientific mind that at its core at odds with the mysticism of the formulation of reincarnation, even though I should stress that they are distinct concepts, the only thing linking them being the shared concept of repetition and identity.

His reasoning is based on the axioms that a.) time is infinite and b.) there is a finite amount of matter. Given enough time then, you would form and reform an infinite number of times, the same things would happen to you as well as the same things you would do would be eternally repeated.

Of course, there's entropy, which is where it departs from strict science, but the impact of the idea remains unchanged.

>> No.8728298

>>8728278

If your dick is stroked, do you not get an erection despite not being attracted to the thing that strokes it?

The same with life and the survival instinct.

>> No.8728299

>>8728248
> Just imagin having to spend the whole entrnity in a place where you can't interact with the world you knew when you were alive, or imagine being trapped in existence, reincarnating one time after another, never ending, not giving you ever rest.
Your view is too limited. I would prefer for "Heaven" to just be a nice program picking up the pattern that makes up my mind and giving me unbounded computational resources. From there, I could simulate any possible world I'd want or do anything, find answers to anything decidable in a finite amount of time and so on. It'd be the ultimate freedom to do anything, although I suppose you do have to work on anything you want.

captcha: avechrni thelogique

>> No.8728314

>>8728299

You would get bored eventually. Think about your life now, there are "limits" which you strive to achieve and/or wish were overcome. The same mentality met with unboundedness would go away, and you would be a very different person, and moreover, unreprepared for such infinitude since you've lived according to the contrary your whole life (and I might add, just as most people do as well), there's no way of telling how you would react.

If anything, that program if it was seeking to benefit you would give you a life exactly like this life, except with slight improvements, like a newer computer or a larger house.

>> No.8728316
File: 488 KB, 683x1000, 17938623.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728263
yes. you are on /jp/
but if you don't just use nicozon.net
>>8728299
you'll get bored after <100 years
don't forget that you can't show your results to anyone
so in the end, the only way is to get rid of the ego

>> No.8728319

>>8728299
Basically, become God in your own private world?

>> No.8728323

>>8728314
> The same mentality met with unboundedness would go away, and you would be a very different person, and moreover, unreprepared for such infinitude since you've lived according to the contrary your whole life (and I might add, just as most people do as well), there's no way of telling how you would react.
I suspect I'd make many copies of myself with various changes, becoming many different people. Even in a linear history, I'd change much. I do know that I'm a very different person than I was 1 year ago, and more different than I was 5 years ago and so on. People can change very much, but how much can you change given unbounded time?

I suppose if I truly got bored, I'd just self-insert into some world that I liked, and maybe give myself some slight amnesia to not ruin stuff with spoilers. I still think the possibilities are far more interesting than anything we can do here locally, for now.

>> No.8728329

>>8728316
> don't forget that you can't show your results to anyone
One can simulate whole worlds. What makes you think simulating other minds or self-inserting yourself into other worlds isn't possible?

>> No.8728331

>>8728186
There's no absolute proof that things exist external to us, but we need to ride on that assumption in order to live a practical life. Solipsism, to me, is nothing more than a novel idea. I believe in neither reincarnation or the existence of a soul, as the existence of those are even more dubious than the external stimuli my mind endlessly experiences. I can ask myself, "how do I know if X is actually there?", but my senses tell me otherwise. Even if it ISN'T there, in my mind isn't that irrelevant so long as I experience it? I could be nothing more than a brain stimulated in a tube, but does that make my life any less real?

>>8728202
When you die, nothing happens because you aren't alive to experience it. There's no point in hoping for reincarnation or an afterlife, it would be more pragmatic to focus on the moments in which you are actually living.

>>8728276
IIRC, brain cells do not regenerate.

>> No.8728336

>>8728319
Close, but not exactly. The definition I gave is the closest you can get to logical omnipotence without reaching paradoxes. If we take this computationalist view seriously, the probability that you can become an interventionist god that is experienced by others (those whose world you simulate) drops very close to zero (because their natural worlds are infinitely more numerous). This is kind of good, because nobody would like Gods messing up some lawful reality. However, if you decide to share your own world with others, you can interact with them directly, so it's all good - just like in our world - they'd be on equal ground with you. Obviously, there's plenty of moral dillemas here, but I don't think most of them are solvable, and people should just not abuse their power too much ;_;

>> No.8728339

>>8728329

The very concept of "someone else" implies something independent from you. If you've just simulated someone, they would be contingent with yourself and not independent.

If you're going to simulate independence however, then that's just self-delusion. However, if you take the "I can just simulate it argument" ad infinitium, then you could just simulate that self-deception away, as well as with anything you do, so it wouldn't really matter what you did, since you could just give yourself amnesia and erase the deed.

I would think that would be quite meaningless.

>> No.8728345

>>8728323
well, maybe you are already living such life
>>8728329
ok, it's possible. but the thing is pretty meaningless.

and unless you wipe your memory every now and then, even the greatest pleasures will become ultra boring. you will start to search a way out of this circlejerk.

i bet there's a book about this stuff somewhere...

>> No.8728350

>>8728339
> The very concept of "someone else" implies something independent from you.
I'm merely being a part of some larger program in this example, such as a process, thus someone else would just be a different process.

> If you've just simulated someone, they would be contingent with yourself and not independent.
If I terminate myself, their program would still keep on running. I'm not choosing a solipsistic PoV here. Anything that implements a mind, has a mind.
> If you're going to simulate independence however, then that's just self-delusion.
No more self-delusion than people believing in "free will" or whatever. We just do what we want, but we can't will what we want.

>> No.8728351

>>8728345

There's a person who goes by the moniker "H.M." who has anterograde amnesia.

He can't form any new memories (although he can recall old memories prior to the operation for his epilepsy that resulted in the condition), and can thus read the same magazine over and over again and enjoy it as if it were new, at least for as long as it stays in his short term memory. He's done that for over a decade.

Is that what you want?

>> No.8728363

>>8728351
Not that anon

I think most people would be afraid of giving up control
That includes me

>> No.8728366

>>8728345
> and unless you wipe your memory every now and then, even the greatest pleasures will become ultra boring. you will start to search a way out of this circlejerk.
But we're forgetful humans. We have a finite amount of memory and that memory is lossy. Even without amnesia, you'll forget a lot of stuff in due time. Short of greatly changing one's cognitive architecture, there aren't any ways of avoiding forgetting (maybe some sort of versioning / backup copies / "bank/context switching")

>> No.8728369

>>8728351
I'm not the guy you're talking to, but that only sounds bad because I can have it otherwise. Taking it from his position, it's fine, maybe even good. It was Nietzsche, I think, that said that the benefit of poor memory is that one can enjoy something for the first time more than once.

>> No.8728380

>>8728350

Why is free will self-delusion?

One cannot delude oneself if one cannot help doing otherwise because they were predetermined to do so.

>> No.8728394

>>8728369

Too bad that only works if the world was a soft and cushy place. I'm not sure touching and re-touching the same hot stove is going to be very good for you.

Paradoxically, that ability of self-induced amnesia would only be useful in remembering hurtful things, not pleasant things (so that one may enjoy them again and again), resulting in the sum total of one's memories (for a rational being) being comprised entirely of hurtful things.

>> No.8728397

>>8728380
Except we can't really predict what we will do until we do it. Free will is basically seeing the choices that you have and making a decision using your entire cognitive architecture, parts of it being obscure to you (non-reflective).

Some people consider free will magical in various ways, but such definitions hardly make sense.

>> No.8728399

>>8728394
> Paradoxically, that ability of self-induced amnesia would only be useful in remembering hurtful things, not pleasant things (so that one may enjoy them again and again), resulting in the sum total of one's memories (for a rational being) being comprised entirely of hurtful things.

There were some books and VNs I've read that I really would wish to have read for the first time. I think using amnesia in such a case would be fine.

>> No.8728401

>>8728351
no, that's horrible.

i want to get out of the "box"
"enlightenment" may be the thing that will help.

the usual search for ultimate.

what if there is a world that cannot be built with the "reality blocks" humans have?
such world you cannot simulate, as you've never knew about it. i'd like to talk to the entities living there. that's the one of the possibilities of "out of the box" thing.

then again, by that time i may not want to do anything.
"god mode world after death" is super unlikely idea anyway

>> No.8728404

>>8728366
Memories, how they fade so fast.

>> No.8728418

>>8728394
I'm pretty sure immediately painful things like that lie in long-term memory rather than short-term. It doesn't have to be terrible. He wouldn't have to work, obviously, due to his disability, and imagine how great it must be to enjoy a favorite thing like it was the first time over and over and over.

Also, I'm not sure how anterograde amnesia can be used to recall traumatic memories, or how any type of amnesia could be used as such.

>> No.8728421

>>8728248
>It puzzles me how scientist can spend their whole life trying to solve some misteries of the universe, while leaving the one an biggest mistery ignored. Life.
The answer is not given to science. I think the stance of most is that either that 1. when you die, you are dead and no more; to ask where you go when you die makes as much sense as asking where you came from when you were born, or 2. any number of things can happen, but it is impossible for us to ever know, so there's no use asking questions about it.

>> No.8728427

>>8728401
> such world you cannot simulate, as you've never knew about it. i'd like to talk to the entities living there. that's the one of the possibilities of "out of the box" thing
They'd be a very different class of observer than you. In this case, you'd be a Turing-emulable observer, which is finite, while they (if such observers are even possible) would have infinite minds. I can't really conceive any way of bypassing this "limitation" on our observer class.

> "god mode world after death" is super unlikely idea anyway
It was just one possible idea, but it's basically just a modified simulation hypothesis, which is actually quite plausible. It's not really God mode as much as you'd think, you still have to work for everything, just like you have to work for everything in our current world. There are many things possible in our current world, but our limited lifespan (blame biology) makes them currently inaccessible.

>> No.8728432

>>8728418

Well, actually, pain lies in short-term memory, not long term. If you have a series of buttons in front of a mouse with anterograde amnesia wherein one particular one gives it a shock, it will tend to press that button less often. The same mouse will not learn to traverse a maze for food, unlike normal mice.

Also, I meant if the amnesia was *not used to forget trauma.

>> No.8728442
File: 115 KB, 607x730, 1325579997880.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't get it /jp/. I bought an Amiga so that it would help give me an imouto. Why hasn't it worked? They told me only Amiga could make it possible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWeO5IkCssk

>> No.8728445

>>8728432
Oh, I guess that makes sense, since physical pain is often quick and fleeting, but the experience is written into the long-term and learned.

>> No.8728452
File: 43 KB, 500x375, 1277620673232.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wish so badly that this happened to me. When I read this story I literally grinned wipe, put my hands up to my lips and crossed my feet in my chair while saying "Awwwww, this is so sweet" really loudly. Then I realized that any normal person who read this story wouldn't find it "sweet" at all, but disturbing. And I feel like I'm one step closer to reaching this level.

>> No.8728474
File: 555 KB, 852x480, vlcsnap-59845.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728427
yes! that's the thing!
the observer upgrade is what i want
"the ultimate" does not go beyond this point, as it's the word of this world.

so, what should i do with my life?
having gone logically through a part of eternity
the events of this world seem laughable

but soon the feeling will fade and i'll be watching some anime, play vgs, fap, eat and die.

the only direction i see is the discipline of mind
everything else is a procrastination(including, obviously, waifus).

pic related, it's "the ultimate"

>> No.8728482

>>8728452
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEeojQqmyUM

>> No.8728545

it was worth to visit 4chan today.
thank you

>> No.8728552

>>8728545
You gonna off yourself or something, fudge-packer?

>> No.8728582
File: 361 KB, 1133x1600, 048.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728552
haha, nothing like that.
it's been a year or something since i had a meaningful discussion

>> No.8728638

Would it be possible to project a tulpa into a video game?

Take any single player RPG. Skyrim for example. Could you hypothetically project the personality of the tulpa into the game and have her assume the role of one of the many lifeless companion characters in Skyrim? Another even better example would be Artificial Girl 3, since the characters barely speak, but you interact with them intimately.

Obviously they wouldn't be able to alter the movements of the character or actually interact with the game in any way, but couldn't your tulpa communicate to you as if she was playing as that character? Almost like tulpa RP. You could play the game, all while having your tulpa communicating with you through your head, but RPing as the role of the character she has selected.

You will hear the audio of the game, but simultaneously you would hear her talking to you as you play. This would potentially make any game come to life through audible hallucinations.

>> No.8728655
File: 3 KB, 120x90, 28.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728638
I hope you understand the tulpa shit is made by 1 troll and posted on ever board on 4 chan even on /hc/

>> No.8728663

>>8728655
I want to rape you and leave you to bleed out in a ditch somewhere.

>> No.8728675

>>8728638
i don't see why not.

but it's MUCH easier to do it within lucid dreams. alot more realistic, even.
after that, games would be too unreal

>>8728655
don't underestimate the powers of unbalanced psyche.

i too don't believe it.

>> No.8728685
File: 6 KB, 184x274, 31.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728663
so dark and edgy , grow up kid and stop acting like a idiot.You cant even lift your dick up, how can you even imagine to rape someone if you have no power ?

>> No.8728687

>>8728663
get a load of this edgy fucker

>> No.8728691

>>8728685
>>8728687
The lovely "lolsoedgy" argument perpetuated by manchildren.

>> No.8728694

>>8728685
>>8728687
get a load of these shit posters

>> No.8728726

>>8728721
Wow. "You mad." I am truly defeated.

>> No.8728721
File: 130 KB, 900x724, 1328178118366.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728691
>>8728694
Get a load of these definitely not mad quality posters.

>> No.8728734
File: 20 KB, 320x320, 1330057212726.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728726
One could say your jimmies have been rustled

>> No.8728732

>>8728685
Where did you even heard of his dick you idiot.

>> No.8728736

>>8728687
>>8728694
>>8728721
Get a load of these guys' MOUVES on my DICK lol

>> No.8728739

>>8728734
>>>/v/

>> No.8728740

Normalfags.
Normalfags everywhere.

What the fuck happened?

>> No.8728741
File: 281 KB, 505x660, 1323490716656.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728732
From your Mother.

>> No.8728743

>>8728740
King of /jp/ is here.

>> No.8728753

>>8728740
Its just people shitposting "ironically".

>> No.8728759

>>8728743
>King of /jp/

More like
King of I feed in dota 2
lol

>> No.8728761

>>8728740
TRUE NEET xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>> No.8728770
File: 51 KB, 506x337, man-laughing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728759
How do you know he's not feeding ironically?

>> No.8728796

>>8728759
this is how I picture Ko/jp/ in my mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GCAH4IXWns

>> No.8728824

Thanks, /jp/. This thread is further encouraging me to continue with it.
I guess this is what they mean by using your brain to its full extent.

>> No.8728832
File: 14 KB, 480x360, 12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728732
ooooooOOoooo boy internet tough guy.
What will you do beat the shit out of me with your girls arms?
Honestly stop acting tough on the internet.I don't understand why some people feel the need to act like they can kill someone or rape if they want.

also time to play some dota 2 and show my mad skills with zeus

>> No.8728854

>>8728832
Why don't you play a big hero like Slardar or Nevermore you fucking scrub wardbitch

>> No.8728862

>>8728832
zeus is a hero for fags

>> No.8728855
File: 144 KB, 800x797, 1306638708072.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728824
there's more to it than making yourself to hallucinate.

btw here's cool binarual video with Scarlet sisters, they'll gonna hypnotize you

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm10853274

>> No.8728871

>>8728832
why don't you play a leet hero, like Mir4na#

captcha and sougood

>> No.8728886

>>8728854
>>8728862
>>8728871
You spastics are getting trolled so hard.

>> No.8728892

>>8728832
Fucking hell and I liked this thread

>> No.8728915

>>8728886
no u

>> No.8729006
File: 6 KB, 200x150, 24.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8728862
hes ulti is the best in the game
also , time for some pudge

>> No.8729069

>>8728336
"logical omnipotence without reaching paradoxes"
What paradoxes are those?
"their natural worlds are infinitely more numerous"
What do you mean by that?

>> No.8729185

why was this thread ruined? it's one of the best i've seen in weeks
fucking shitposters man

>> No.8729223
File: 224 KB, 500x500, Rush_Hemispheres.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8727096
Fucking circumstances man.

>> No.8729243

After all is said and done, it's just you and your brain only.

Sorry OP.

>> No.8729254

>>8729243
But the same could be said for everything (Solipsism), so how does that make OP's observation any less valid?

>> No.8729275

>>8729223

I don't know who you are, but this is amazing and I can't believe I've never heard of this band before, so thank you very much.

>> No.8729303

>>8729254

>everything is a figment of my imagination

Good argument, but the "pinch me if i'm dreaming" trope is valid, because pain, extreme anxiety and other sort of uncomfortable feeling means that 'reality', IRL, is real.

Basically, if a certain reality is like a wheel going up and down, then that's real. If it's always pleasuring, it's only your imagination.

Weak argument maybe, so i'll welcome a good counter.

>> No.8729317

>>8729303
It could be said that the trauma of death is what "wakes you up."

>> No.8729347
File: 71 KB, 715x715, 2112.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8729275
No problem buddy, you can listen to this album too.

>> No.8729357

>>8729275
how have you never heard of rush before? they're one of the only good things to ever come out of canada

>> No.8729382

Why did this thread suddenly go from pretty great to complete shit?

>> No.8729390

>>8729357

Because I was fifteen and too young to appreciate the amazing diversity of music when Bryan Adams released bloody The Best of Me (the single, not the album) and I was mentally scarred by feelings of betrayal and disappointment.

Or maybe it was just coincidence.

Anyways, leaving the thread now. Don't even know what it's about. Just found an amazing album.

>> No.8729392

>>8729382
When people actually bothered to respond to King of /jp/.

Seriously, can we get back on topic now please?

>> No.8729393

>>8729382
Because /jp/ a shit.

>> No.8729396

>>8729382
>>8728655

>> No.8729404

>>8729390
I seriously hope you listen to this album too >>8729347

>> No.8729429

Why are these threads met with such skepticism?

It's not a very strange or difficult to understand idea. It's fairly common for humans suffering from extreme loneliness and long-term isolation to begin hallucinating and hear voices from a separate identity that their mind creates to keep them from going completely insane from the isolation.

The creation of a tulpa or anything like that is basically just a faster and more controlled way to achieve the same result. Honestly I see lucid dreaming as a far stranger concept, but everyone knows that's real.

>> No.8729437

>>8729429
If you explained the concepts to most people they'd think tulpas dangerously insane and lucid dreaming entirely reasonable. But we don't need another reminder that most people are stupid.

>> No.8729449

>>8729357
>rush
>good thing

Go to bed, dad.

>> No.8729458

>>8729449
My dad died when I was like 3, I discovered Rush in some shitty demo of led zeppellin that i bought, not the same guy btw

>> No.8729469

Now /a/ is also talking about rush...

>going to /a/

>> No.8729470

>>8729469
WHERE?

>> No.8729476

>>8729469
Bah, just a faggy thread.

>> No.8729481

>>8729476
>>8729470
Well, yeah, but still. Is it coincidence? Who knows...

>> No.8729805

>>8727362
How would one approach this?

>> No.8730346

The reason why "free will" does not exist is quite simple to explain. It the same as with magic tricks, you believe them because you don't see everything that happens.

Since consciousness isn't able to track causes of its desires and will, then it "takes credit" of them. Since consciousness cannot see the causes, consciousness thinks itself responsible.

It's intuitive to believe so, as it was intuitive in ancient civilizations to think that storms were caused by gods: they couldn't see the "causes", and so intuitively "made up" some.

>> No.8730437
File: 172 KB, 500x700, tink-alice-cuddle.1289281754995.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

cuddle bump

>> No.8730449
File: 102 KB, 383x370, 2v9vjia.jpg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've got a real one.

OP's post is like a nightmare to me.

>> No.8730459

I keep getting stuck staring at the OP pic.

>> No.8730674
File: 1004 KB, 1050x900, 1291446493729.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm glad my suggestions didn't go ignored.

How does it feel to be the tool of a cult, /jp/?

>>8730346
It's when consciousness takes action into it's own hands that free will is proven. It's beautiful when consciousness challenges reality -it no longer is a passive observer, where free will *is* a shadow, and becomes an active participant.

This is the nature of awakening or initiation as referred to by spiritual cults or religions. The floodgates are blown open and your consciousness becomes self aware.

>> No.8730678
File: 556 KB, 1151x815, 23068463.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8730346
that cannot be called proof.
you are doing exactly the thing those ancient people did, you choose the intuitive based on a very limited knowledge.

Laplace's demon could be used before to disprove free will, but now we have quantum mechanics.
back then they didn't know that there are particles that spontaneously disappear and appear at random. therefore you cannot predict the final state, knowing the initial state with 100% accuracy.

>> No.8730825

>>8728174
Which character?

>> No.8730864

>>8730449
Really? Mine lives pretty far away and I wouldn't mind this.

>> No.8731460

>>8730674

>How does it feel to be the tool of a cult, /jp/?

what

>> No.8731483

This seems like something /x/ might be interested in.
Are you going to be reposting this there?
They might give you some pointers.

>> No.8731661

>>8731483
I remember last tulpa wave in /jp/ and /x/ simultaneously. They take it from a pseudo-science side, overly complicating it and ruining the "spirit" of the idea, turning it into ghost-math. /jp/ were much more "sensual" and simple about it.

A question that bugs me:
If I use an existing character as a base for tulpa (I see it as more rational step, since I already feel emotions towards it), and not create a whole new OC, will it carry the most base traits associated with it, since I know that as a base I used "that particular" character and it has "such" traits in most interpretations? Despite me changing them when I fantasize because I like the looks but not personality? Since It's a separate person in my head, it will be a nuisance if tulpa will act like it's base at some points all the time.
For a simple example: a Yukari based one will be a bitch at it's core, despite all tweakings, or Reimu-based will be unmotivated and lazy?
Or it's possible to completely separate a visual from from traits, despite my subconsciousness constantly reminding me of a "true" way this char acts?

>> No.8731667

>>8731460
Atheists see the evil theocracy everywhere.

>> No.8731675

>>8731661
You could always decide on it's personality, just don't give them that slight bitchy or laziness trait, but keep the major ones.

>> No.8731692

>>8731675
I worried about the other stuff - since tulpa is crafted in subconsciousness, it must be affected by these lingering little feels about the base character. Like my mind constantly holding a little plate with the words "it acts differently in the original and most of fandom", and thus spoiling the process.
And how much can it change when it's done from original?
And how it reacts when you stumble upon porn of it's base character?

>> No.8731708
File: 71 KB, 500x509, 1332259657102.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8731719

>>8731692
No idea about the porn, but even if you have a base you can still tweak it. You can make it look like your favorite Touhou, and have all of her personality traits, or you can leave the less desirable traits out and not focus too much on them to the point that they become commonplace for your Tulpa. One day won't cement the personality for a Tulpa, so I'm sure a few stray thoughts won't either.

>> No.8731732

>>8731708
Clearly, we don't give a shit or we wouldn't be discussing this.

Take your philosophy of a meaningless existence elsewhere.

>> No.8731733

>>8731708

Life is too short and I'm too lonely. I'm happy with my delusions, Carl.

>> No.8731742

>>8731708
So says the drug addict.

Hypocrisy is maximum.

>> No.8731746
File: 53 KB, 481x358, 1330885908040.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8731742
0/10
Apply yourself.

>> No.8731750
File: 126 KB, 400x800, 11235254_p0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8731746
Sorry, that is not a rebuttal.

If a drunkard comes to me and demands that I cease drinking my scotch, I will call him on his shit. I will only heed the reproach from the pure and uncorrupt. And there is no such thing.

Picture oh so related.

>> No.8731792

>>8731708
That's hilarious since every scientific model is a delusion by default.

>> No.8731799
File: 24 KB, 396x360, 1328002170070.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

itt :
>losers running from reality
>legit crazies
>wannabe crazies (attention whores)

>> No.8731805
File: 118 KB, 595x841, 1280862991137.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8731799
Dont let it bother you, let them have fun and discus stuff~

>> No.8731817

I am not going to read this thread because I'm fucking terrified of going mad. I spent a year unable to do practically anything because of it, went nuts out of fear of going mad, pretty much.

seek medical help and/or stop being faggots, you pieces of shit

>> No.8731818

>>8731817
Going mad is just a sane response to an insane world.

>> No.8731878

>>8731818
Deep...

>> No.8731894

Since when does /jp/ get overrun by normalfags?

>> No.8731902

>>8731799
Sure some things sound crazy but,

Running from reality? Get the fuck out of jp.
Jp = escapism

normalfag scum

>> No.8731906

>>8731894
Since the creation of the new boards, recently. It got even worse.

>> No.8731910

>>8731906
Is that your new excuse for whenever something occurs on /jp/ that you don't like?

>> No.8731935

>>8731817
You mad?

>> No.8732089

>>8731817

Where's the sense in forcing yourself to remain sane when you're unhappy with your life?

Some might say that this is when you need to muster up your willpower and push on through, barreling through horrible situations and leading an even more stressful and miserable life until you somehow eventually get to a point where you're better off than you were before.

This makes no sense to me though. Why bother with that? The only way to be successful in life is to be happy, everything else that you could possibly do is trivial and meaningless in the grand scheme of things. When you look at it from that perspective though, what's the point in struggling against the world and trying to wrestle some shred of happiness from it?

If you want long lasting happiness then what you should be doing is allowing your mind to plunge into delusion and fantasy. The real world is a harsh and brutal place. Any happiness that you might be able to get out there comes at the price of even more misery. If you live inside your mind though, then you can constantly be happy.

There's no sense in striving for success or trying to do anything in reality honestly. Get enough food to last the rest of your life, get cozy in some safe and secluded place, and let your mind overflow with hallucinations, delusions, and lucid dreams.

>> No.8732710

ITT: Normalfags see something different from what they're used to and so they get scared and fling shit at us like a pack of filthy animals.

If you're so scared, then leave. In fact, get the fuck out of /jp/. You'll be happier that way, and we'll be even happier than you that you're gone, trash.

>> No.8732715

>>8732710
thx for the bump :)

>> No.8732721

>>8732710
>ITT: Normalfags see something different from what they're used to and so they get scared and fling shit at us like a pack of filthy animals.

This is what 4chan in general has become and I find it quite disgusting.

Good thing 4chan isn't the only imageboard I frequent.

>> No.8732722

>>8732710
WE TRUE ABNORMALS!!!
I SHIT ON MY FLOOR
MY MOM PUT A TOILET IN MY ROOM
I STILL SHIT ON MY FLOOR
TOILETS = NORMALFAG!!!

>> No.8732745

>>8732722
We're all normal and we all want our freedom

>> No.8732828

>>8732722
We're not doing this for attention, faggot. We've got our own reasons.

We're all shut-ins, scum in the eyes of society. We've given up on being seen as normal. We aren't being reclusive just because of social anxiety or because it's the cool thing to do. We don't care about that anymore, and we certainly aren't interested in any 3DPD relationships.

If you still want to lead a normal life, then by all means do. But don't be surprised when we don't appreciate you flinging shit at us for not being normal.

>> No.8732852

>>8732828
Please continue desperately trying to be different.

>> No.8732858
File: 182 KB, 736x2284, getaloadofthisfaggot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lucid Dreaming?

Such faggotry. Make an superior tulpa instead.

>> No.8732869

>>8726980
What is the fuss with that video on nico?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1327887

>> No.8732897

>>8732828
do not answer.
the trolling is obvious

keep calm and enjoy the life

>> No.8732898

>>8732852
Not that anon, but you're fucking retarded.

>> No.8732910

how do i maked tulpa

>> No.8732922

how do i maked tupla??????

>> No.8732928

how do i tulpa

>> No.8732935

/jp/ how I do TUPLA?

>> No.8732941

/jp/ it is please manner of tulpa

>> No.8732944 [SPOILER] 
File: 133 KB, 1104x768, 25300176.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8732910
>>8732922
>>8732928
>>8732935

>> No.8732947

>>8732944
i dont understand

>> No.8732948

>>8732944
>HT EH AE R T
LOL WUT

>> No.8732952
File: 618 KB, 471x1600, guide.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I know you're a shitposting faggot, but here you go.

>> No.8732979

>>8732952
higher res where

>> No.8733011

>>8726934
Sounds trippy bro.

>> No.8733028
File: 16 KB, 275x400, 46.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ok honestly I am starting to feel sorry to few of you guys because of the shit head troll who is spamming this shit on every board on 4chan.

Now for people who realy want to know more about tulpas here is a link
http://dalepower.net/articles/articles_Tulpa_P1.html
also I am quoting the text about tulpas
"It takes about 2,000 hours to create a physically
manifested Tulpa for a beginner. "

The only thing what the troll changed is lowered the time to 25 hours so people actually go and try it.

If you guys want to know so much about tulpas then try to find some other source then a troll on 4chan

>> No.8733033
File: 57 KB, 1280x720, 1330197586329.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Would an Ura-on tulpa look frightening in 3d?

>> No.8733046

get out tulpa devs

>> No.8733052

>>8733046
ralph please go

>> No.8733058

>>8733052
/jp/ pls go

>> No.8733078

>>8733028
Why aren't the Janitors doing their job? Would love to see your sorry disgusting idolfaggotry gone.

>> No.8733093
File: 48 KB, 640x480, 16.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8733078
Oh you sad, that you trolling is over?
Honestly stop trolling this guys with your copy pasta shit from /x/

Some people may have interest in tulpas but to give them a guide that's totally wrong and to tell them it takes 25-100 hours to creat a tulpa is just pure trolling so they waste their time.

>> No.8733100

>>8733078
Meido is sleeping or depressed or just fapping, you still can filter King of /jp/ tough.

>> No.8733102

>>8729069
> "logical omnipotence without reaching paradoxes"
Omnipotence tends to be attributed to various deities in some religions, but the concept itself is an impossibility, as illustrated by ideas like "can it make a rock that it cannot lift" or "can you change the truth value of some closed mathematical sentence in a given fixed interpretation" and so on. Basically, it's an inconsistent concept that makes no sense. However, if you just limit yourself to the computability power of a Turing Machine (not bounded), you can literally simulate anything you could ever wish, and if a computationalist theory of mind is true, then that's the most you could possibly do, however no need to worry - the possibilities are literally infinite. This is basically the most a generally intelligent being like ourselves can do, but it's also the most that is logically possible for such beings - we're already gods, just very stupid ones.

> "their natural worlds are infinitely more numerous"
This has to do with the measure problem in such theories. Just consider the limited case of simulating all possible quantum worlds (such as our own) - you get sometimes like a quantized version of the Many Worlds Interpretation, where everything that is physically possible to realize gets realized. Now imagine you're running a simple simulation of only one history - your simulation would just be one of an infinite number of worlds, thus the probability that someone experiences your world goes to 0 ("almost never").

>> No.8733125

I'm going to try this tulpa thing, I don't care at all if it will take me 2000 hours.
I don't care at all, wish me luck /jp/.
Maybe I'll shape it after you.

>> No.8733129

>>8733093
And in what way does that shitty Web 1.0 page you linked, is anymore of a trustworthy source? There's 8 blogs up that document the creation of tulpae at this moment. If anyone doubts the guide, people can check these blogs in the next 2-3 months for progress. Also I dont see the reason for the creator of that guide to go so far to make an IRC channel for the sole reason of trolling people.

Blogs etc:
http://louderthanthunder.net/tulpa.html

>> No.8733276

>>8730678

How could you come to the absurd conclusion that quantum theory proves free will? Just because particles movements can't be predicted then it means this movement is "willed"? Quite the leap of faith. You merely believe this theory because it gratifies your point of view.

If anything quantum theory proves how far men are from coming to grips with the basics of reality. The goal line keeps moving forward.

You see something happen, you don't understand how it happens ... it's magic! It's my will! It's the gods!

>> No.8733292

>>8733102
I see... Yes, omnipotence taken absolutely as literally as possible, would theoretically create paradoxes. However, you could look at it another way: an omnipotent being is one whose only limits are those that they impose on themselves. In short, if you want to make a rock that is too heavy for you to lift, then it will be too heavy as long as you want it to be. And if you want to die, you are the only one who can terminate your existence.

I think that is the most logical conclusion to reach, and I'm pretty sure it clears up all of those paradoxes.

I don't know as much about computers as you (even though I've been spending a lot of time on them for a good 10 years now), but I think that you don't necessarily need to put this in computer terms. It seems to me that what you basically want is to become an omnipotent (in one sense of the word) god.

If you were to become like that, then you should have infinite processing power and therefore be able to both simulate (consciously or unconsciously, whichever you prefer) and actively participate in all worlds at the same time. That pushes the probability up to 100%. And it does not create a paradox, as far as I can tell.

>> No.8733419

>>8733102
"can it make a rock that it cannot lift"

Ohohoho.

Lets say I am God. I split myself intos instances God A and God B (aka Jesus). Jesus can lift a fuckzillion tons. God A makes a rock that weights 2 fuckzillion tons. Thus, an omnipotent god can make a rock even it cannot lift.

Remember kids: When it has omnipotence as a tag, it means logic does not apply!

>> No.8733450

>>8733292
There's still paradoxes if you think the world has a mathematical or computational ontology. Can you make 1+1 not equal 2 within the standard model of arithmetic?
Either it's possible and nothing can possibly ever make sense, or it's not and omnipotence in the classical sense doesn't make any sense.

> If you were to become like that, then you should have infinite processing power and therefore be able to both simulate (consciously or unconsciously, whichever you prefer) and actively participate in all worlds at the same time. That pushes the probability up to 100%. And it does not create a paradox, as far as I can tell.
There would still be plenty of worlds which you're not a part of. Likely the majority of them. It's a matter of how much 'measure' you have (within all possible worlds).
Of course, if you assume that this deity can decide what exist and what doesn't, he'd be able to do that, but then you throw out the simple mathematical/computational ontology out of the window and end up with some weird highly complex theory where some complex being decides what worlds exist and what worlds don't. Personally I find such theories distasteful and I doubt reality is like that, but some religions seem to like it.

>>8733419
Can A and B make themselves always win within a finite amount of time then fight each other? Obviously that would also cause a paradox.
> Remember kids: When it has omnipotence as a tag, it means logic does not apply!
Except it's not a valid property in its classical definition, thus it can never exist. Logic is merely a way of communicating concepts in a consistent manner. Omnipotence cannot be described in a consistent manner. The best that I can come up with is just unbounded computation, and that is still limited by the measure problem, but that's fine by me - you can still experience anything you'd want, and you can't mess up other people's worlds.

>> No.8733484
File: 342 KB, 1100x768, 25490671.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8733450
"Logic" is merely the set of rules we have for the observable world. You throw a rock, and you expect it to fall. But in Universe MkII the rock turns into a hamburger, and that's fine and normal THERE.

Omnipotence implies that it not only does not follow your logic, or my logic, but can mess around with however it pleases. For example, God A and God B would fight, both would win, but at the same time both would lose since they knocked themselves out. Somehow.

>> No.8733484,1 [INTERNAL] 

Why did you delete this thread now, janitor?

>> No.8733484,2 [INTERNAL] 

>>8733484

> "Logic" is merely the set of rules we have for the observable world.

I think it applies to all possible worlds. Maybe not in "impossible" worlds though.

> You throw a rock, and you expect it to fall. But in Universe MkII the rock turns into a hamburger, and that's fine and normal THERE...
That has nothing to do with logic, but it has to do with the laws of physics. I wouldn't say a rock turning into a hamburger can't happen in our world either, it's just astronomically improbable.
Logic has to do with preserving truth values and doing inferences. If a logic can be encapsulated in some formal system and if you can make a theorem prover for that formal system, then by Church Turing's Thesis, it applies to all possible worlds.

>>8733484,1
He should stop deleting threads that were around for more than a day. Maybe some others like KoJ reported it because he doesn't like the topic.

>> No.8733484,3 [INTERNAL] 

>>8733484,2
Maybe he thought it strayed too much off topic from an already off-topic thread?

>> No.8733484,4 [INTERNAL] 

>>8727072
This is perhaps my favorite post on /jp/

>> No.8733484,5 [INTERNAL] 

>>8733484
>Logic" is merely the set of rules we have for the observable world.
No, that's physics, dolt.

Logic stems from the principle of non-contradiction. Given ``If A, then B'' is true, it would be logically impossible to have A and not have B. This doesn't matter what universe you live in.

>> No.8733484,6 [INTERNAL] 

>>8733484,4
holy shit what a virgin

why doesn't he just get a girlfriend if he's so lonely??

>> No.8733484,7 [INTERNAL] 

this guy stole the idea of pretending that you have a little sister sleeping with you from me

>> No.8733484,8 [INTERNAL] 

>>8727166
Is it possible that the girlfriend never existed in the first place?

>> No.8733484,9 [INTERNAL] 

i draw pictures of my beloved everyday and lie in bed hoping that this will happen to me

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action