[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 14 KB, 200x295, ten_little_niggers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8582686 No.8582686[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>Ten Little Niggers is a detective fiction novel by Agatha Christie, first published in the United Kingdom by the Collins Crime Club on 6 November 1939. In the novel, ten people, who have previously been complicit in the deaths of others but have escaped notice or punishment, are tricked into coming onto an island. Although the guests are the only people on the island, each is murdered one by one.

>Eight people—Lawrence Wargrave, Vera Claythorne, Philip Lombard, General Macarthur, Emily Brent, Anthony "Tony" Marston, Doctor Armstrong, and William Blore—have been invited to a mansion on the fictional Nigger Island, which is based upon Burgh Island off the coast of Devon. Upon arriving, they are told that their hosts, a Mr and Mrs U.N. Owen (Ulick Norman Owen and Una Nancy Owen), are currently away, but the guests will be attended to by Thomas and Ethel Rogers.

>Inspector Maine, the detective in charge of the Soldier Island case, discusses the mystery with his Assistant Commissioner, Sir Thomas Legge, at Scotland Yard. There are no clues on the mainland—the man who arranged "U.N. Owen's" purchase of the island covered his tracks well, and was killed the day the party set sail—and while guests' diaries establish a partial timeline, the police cannot determine the order in which Blore, Armstrong, Lombard, and Vera were killed. Inclement weather would have prevented the murderer from leaving or arriving separately from the guests: he or she must have been among them. Yet all the murders appear to be accounted for, and the inspectors are dumbfounded.

>> No.8582702

People used "Nigger" more casually back in the day. What a shocker.

>> No.8582701

Medicine Melancholy and Alice are also based in Agatha Christie characters, is nothing new that Zun loves her work.

>> No.8582706 [DELETED] 

If U.N Owen was her then was was phone xDDDD

Submitted via 4chanD++ from my iPhone.

>> No.8582708
File: 15 KB, 275x300, Slowpoke.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy shit guys, have you heard of a novel called "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"? Because I think ZUN may have drawn influence for Alice from it!

>> No.8582709

>>8582701
I thought Alice was inspired by just Alice. Japanese love that movie and story.

>> No.8582715

I have no idea what this thread is supposed to be for.
The U.N. Owen thing? Because yeah, everyone knew that.

Also "Pikachu" is Japanese for "electric mouse", and Disney's The Sword in the Stone is based on the legend of the sword in the stone.

>> No.8582716

>>8582702

Arc might be back one day. Tone that shit down.

>> No.8582717

Oh my god, that's what UN Owen is from. Gee oh wow, what a shocker, I certainly never knew that.

Now you'll be telling us that Zun is Japanese.

>> No.8582718

>>8582702
Good times.

>> No.8582720

Hey guys, I just found out that the ocarina is a real instrument! Also, there's final fantasy hentai all over the internet! What a scoop!

>> No.8582723

>>8582708
I heard about it but never read it so I can't compare.

>> No.8582724

>>8582717
Actually, he's Taiwanese but moved to Japan as a child.

THUMBS UP IF U HAD 2 CHECK xD

>> No.8582728

>>8582723
It's actually pretty good. You should definitely read it, it's nothing like every adaptation of it ever. They're all either too cartoony (obviously because of the Disney version) or all OMG SO DARRRKK, but the real story is a nice blend of both. Go read it. Lewis Carroll was the original lolicon and you should respect him.

>> No.8582730

"Margatroid" should actually be "Murgatroyd"

>> No.8582732

>everyone's talking about 2hu
>nobody mentions umineko

please tell me I'm getting trolled

>> No.8582735

"Marisa" is a Western name.
Marisa is a Western witch.

Upvote if your mind was blwon.

>> No.8582736

>>8582735
And Remilia is a slav

>> No.8582737
File: 453 KB, 968x1039, looking chinese touhou ripoff(1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Dolls_in_Pseudo_Paradise/Story

I hope I helped!

>> No.8582743

Oh I thought this was an Umineko thread.

>> No.8582749

Chen was the name of a cat ZUN adopted. He found it dying in the street with nothing but a collar that had 橙 engraved on it. He took it home and looked after it for seven years until its death.

>> No.8582745

>>8582686
You want people to appreciate you OP?

Go dump the text from the novel into the renpy engine then add graphic and musical assets from Umineko.

Seriously it's a match made in heaven.

>> No.8582750

a bit late for the party, OP.
Sage for faggotry

>> No.8582771

>>8582749
Awwww...

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action