[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 347 KB, 900x900, 1328815359366.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8568912 No.8568912 [Reply] [Original]

In response to the recent discussion of /vn/ board, and /jp/ itself.

That is NOT okay. Visual Novels are part of Jp. Even though there are shitposters in general, they're only seasonal. Touhous, obscure Jp stuff, and light novels, discussion of NEETS, Hikkis, suicide, Doujin games, and the country of japan, are part of this board. They come and go depending on the flavor of the month popular /jp/ thing that may have gotten into /a/ or /v/ (such as a doujin game or VN like KS--not a bad game I think, just a kiddie fanbase that gasms over babbies first VN).

What we DON'T need is people from /a/ and /v/ shitting up this board and saying what's what. In general, we dislike /a/'s community, and it's tastes, and try and separate from them. /v/ naturally discusses our doujin games, but there are so many they only discuss the most popular/significant--as for them, I don't seem them being too much of the issue in this regard, I feel they'd probably not come here to discuss them (that much).

This is the only board on 4chan that since, say, (as of recent) 3 weeks ago, only started to get shitposted on. I don't know what it is, and KS isn't the main issue here. There's just blatant troll posts that normally us on /jp/ would seem to avoid (for example, "Prove to me 3D girls aren't better than 2D girls, you otakus). Normally a thread like that would be saged/ignored to oblivion.

>> No.8568921

What I believe most people here want is no spotlight for this board, from other boards. A big part of /jp/ is also escapism, if we're getting bashed and trolled in 3/10 pages, there's an issue with keeping the shit out.

I hate tripfags, but they're not that bad here at ALL, compared to ones from /a/ and /v/. Hell, the best part about /a/ is it acts as a filter for all the weeaboo kiddies to fag up their board with shit anime and shit pop culture crap.

So let /jp/ as it is. Keep an eye on it to see if the shitposters get worse, and let's continue self-moderating (ignore shit threads). Eventually, I believe it'll return back to it's normal self when they get bored.

>> No.8568928 [DELETED] 

Guys, spray some kopipe over here too!

>> No.8568954

stop including light novels into these lists. fuck you. where were you when the janitor was deleting them and half the replies in the light novel threads were redirects to /a/? god you people make me sick.

>> No.8568956

>>8568912
/jp/ shouldn't be a worksafe board since 75% of our content is eroge/doujins

Also the anti rp shit has to stop. Banning Gensokyo man was a fucking crime, and I don't want to hear it cause its fine on other boards like /tg/. Stop with the double standards. Complaining about a thread with a post instead of hiding it should be a bannable offense for /jp/

>> No.8568965

>>8568956
I didn't touch on this topic, but I believe it makes sense for it to be non-worksafe.

>> No.8568969

>split /jp/ into /touhou/ and /vn/ and tell the rest to fuck off to /trv/

/thread

>> No.8568977

>>8568954
Hey, stop being so bitter, it won't fix anything. I'm just happy that they're included now.

>> No.8569002

>>8568954
but LN's are not anime or manga, that doesn't make any sense. Why is /jp/ so retarded?

>> No.8569003

I just wonder if we should make English translated VN threads separated from the current VN generals, since /jp/ seems to dislike translated works.

>> No.8569008

>>8568969
Where would the NEETs go?

>> No.8569010

/a/ is already back to its usual state.
/v/ has some threads blowing things out of proportions but are otherwise flowing through their usual threads.

Meanwhile, /jp/ have lost over 100 threads and is still left in the shit from after the storm.
It's always like this.

>> No.8569032

What you guys tend to forget is the fact that this board does not actually belong to us. I don't like people from /a/ or /v/ either and I'd rather not have them shit up our board, but haven't we done that already? This has never been our secret club. We've been raided time and time again. I'd rather this board become large enough for moot to focus resources here for some actual moderation, one meido doesn't have enough time to moderate 24/7.

On another note, I'd like to see /jp/ be a test board for IPv6.

>> No.8569033

>>8569008
/adv/

>> No.8569029

>>8569008
Gensokyo.

>> No.8569031

We've been being shitposted on majorly since the retarded ass Cornelia shit. And even befor that there was the occasion /v/ Jurrasic Park raid threads.

>> No.8569036

Touhou and VN combined the board is still "slow". And it's a good thing, it's pace of posting is wonderful. Not too slow or too fast. People who like Touhou and VN's are in the same boat, and what they hate is also in the same boat. I think the communities as far as JP is concerned, are one. They both file under escapism as well.

News on VNs, Japan the country, and Touhou, is sometimes posted, and is never saged, usually interesting.

I don't have any experience with knowing of how Light Novels are handled here, but I don't see why they'd bring /a/ in when they can talk about that themselves.

>> No.8569039

>>8569010
Well, it's a rather slow board after all.

>> No.8569059

>>8569033
That is a terrible idea.

>> No.8569076

>>8569059
I know.

But would you prefer /neet/ board?

>> No.8569085

>>8569059
Not really, you just have to shitpost the normalfags away.

>> No.8569097

>>8569002
>but LN's are not anime or manga, that doesn't make any sense. Why is /jp/ so retarded?
People didn't tell people to go to /a/ with their light novel threads due to Light Novels being anime or manga.
They told people to go to /a/ with their light novel threads because they didn't discuss the novels and instead discussed the anime adaptations without even having read the novels.

It's not that hard to understand.

>> No.8569122

IMO, people wanting to split up /jp/ don't seem to get the essence of the board. I know this sounds a little retarded but everything combined really makes it /jp/. The fact that we are sort of secluded is one of the better things and I know a lot of lurkers would probably agree on this. We're seperated apart from raids, from the rest of the bad community of the other boards.

They haven't even played, or can understand most of the things we discuss or talk about. So trolls are obvious.

Also I think the tripfags here are the only ones (except for one guy, forgot his name, but I think he posts on /v/ or /a/ too), that do NOT attention whore (other than tripfagging itself). This encourages better behavior among other tripfags (which currently we can't do anything about).

>> No.8569127

>>8569097
that's actually perfectly understandable, thank you for the clarification.

>> No.8569111

>>8569002
Because the ones being discussed will be ones thathave an anime like ToAru (which by the way has the worst fanbase on /a/). We actually used to have some Zaregoto/Utsuro no Hako/etc. threads on /jp/ but none of those have an anime.

>> No.8569112

>>8569076
that would be awesome

>> No.8569116

>>8568912
Of course they are. But we can now do whatever we want! WOOO!
Fuck yeah!

>> No.8569150

>>8569097
>They told people to go to /a/ with their light novel threads because they didn't discuss the novels and instead discussed the anime adaptations without even having read the novels.

That seems unavoidable.

Much more people watched the anime adaptations, if they exist.
And I doubt there are enough untranslated LNs readers to warrant a meaningful discussion.

>> No.8569151

>>8568912

To be honest, I don't mind a lot of the stuff on /jp/. Hell, I'd even be willing to accommodate some mango discussion in addition to light novels(On a per mag basis however, No need for shonen jump shit)

I have far more distaste for idolfags(although they've mostly dwindled to a few people posting them just for trolling purposes) and shitposting.

Basically I just want /2d/ now that I think of it

>> No.8569155

>>8569002
because... anime, may, just may be related to light novels in some sense. sorta of like how visual novels have anime and manga adaptations. since neo-/jp/ culture consists of trying to disassociate yourself with /a/ so much that you're obnoxious and admit that you've only seen anime on cartoon network these are the results.

anime and light novels are related, but that doesn't mean it's discussion for the last airing episode. go get fucked if you're one of those idiot try hards who say bullshit like "anime discussion is frowned at". relevant information to the discussion is relevant. i don't want limited discussion because you're some fucking retard from reddit who hates anime.

>> No.8569158

>>8569097
I think that's sort of inevitable, though. Even if it's an adaptation, it's still basically the same work (usually), so the anime version is going to come up a lot.

>> No.8569195

>>8569097
every random piece of shit on this board always says this same crap. no light novel threads were full blown anime discussion you fucking tool. stop spreading this misinformation. there's more anime discussion in the guise of visual novel threads than any light novel thread.

>> No.8569214

I might email moot with the IPv6 idea. The nice thing about IPv6 is the fact that you can ban individual machines because the macaddress is part of the IP. By no means is it fail-proof but it's certainty better than what we have now.

>> No.8569218

So pretty much, people see picture of a thread about a VN that was turned into an anime. They're going to post even if it's just about the VN only. Why bother? If discussion is orderly and it goes on so that all the VN readers can discuss amongst themselves, then it's an issue that is not on the top priority of things, and should be left be, IMO.

>> No.8569205

I'm sorry that you think this place is such a unique and special flower that it must be elevated past other boards, as if it had taste and class.

stupid faggot, they'll get their own board and we'll be left quite peacefully alone

>> No.8569220

Just stick a few mods that constantly delete the spam till the dedicated spammers realize it's useless to keep trying,

>> No.8569247

>>8568921
/a/sshole here, first off, go fuck yourself, second off, while I do agree with damn near everything you said, it boils down to how well the rules actually get enforced this time. On /a/, or so I've noticed, the rules tend to be enforced for a few weeks at most every time a new rule gets made or we get a new janitor/mod. Since everything happens at a snails pace on 4chan, new shit getting added ever so rarely, it isn't a big deal.

Yet, looking at all the shit Moot mentions in the announcement space, and the fact that he willingly hung around in all those stickies to actually reply to the constant shit-slinging going on...we could be here a while. And while for /v/ this is an issue for KS(though I was in a Muv-Luv thread not a week or so back, so KS isn't the only VN they discuss), it doesn't help the people from /a/ that the few threads that don't go to shit, which typically are the ones that have nothing to do with anime or manga, are now the ones that might get us banned or thread deleted. Bit of a bitch, that little factoid there.

With luck, whatever this new board is that Moot is making to deal with all the KS issues on /v/ will solve /a/s problem as well. I doubt it, but crazier things have happened. So until then, ready your anus, we're coming in.

>> No.8569252
File: 261 KB, 467x700, 1318244471455.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8569205

>> No.8569265

>>8569158
>I think that's sort of inevitable, though.
It sort of is, hence why people generally gave up on LN threads in /jp/.
>Even if it's an adaptation, it's still basically the same work (usually), so the anime version is going to come up a lot.
Sort of true. But this is really problematic when the novels and adaptations have notable differences somehow or are otherwise not considerably fateful to the novels.

For a rather obvious example, it was almost impossible to discuss the events of the Spice&Wolf novels when it was flooded by people going on about and around in circles of the few events the latest episode touched on.
Cause those stories were not the same aside from a few key points, and most of the content of the novels had nothing to do with it, and thus it became impossible to actually discuss the novels.

And S&W is even available in English. There is no hope for those that aren't even translated.

>> No.8569261

>>8569214

But it's so easy to spoof a new mac address that it's how I avoid bans right now, because it takes a minute for my isp to cycle me a new ip vs spoofing and instantly grabbing a new one

>> No.8569279

This is a meta thread, why isnt it getting deleted? I thought meta threads were against the rules.

>> No.8569271

/jp/ should split in /untranslated/ and /translated/, and then, we would live in peace.

>> No.8569284

>>8569036
>Touhou and VN combined the board is still "slow". And it's a good thing, it's pace of posting is wonderful. Not too slow or too fast.
In general it is a good thing. For /jp/ it's not really effective because despite having the pace of a slower board the actual signal-to-noise ratio is as bad as a faster one. Compare /jp/ to /tg/ and /m/ which run at similar speeds. Much higher quality content on those boards.

>> No.8569296

Light novels should be on /a/. I think so because whenever I want to have/read a discussion about light novels, I go to 2ch. Discussing Japanese literature on a Japanese-language board makes sense. Any LN discussion on 4chan should be on /a/ because the only reason anyone on this site would know about light novels is because they saw an anime based off of one. The only LNs that have been translated is stuff that's gotten an anime adaptation.

>> No.8569300

>>8569279
IMO, it should be fine, since it's in response to a recent thread by Moot concerning the existence of our very board?

>> No.8569323

The reason I don't want them here is they'll be here to discuss YMK, KS and Key's works and MAYBE stuff like Ever17, Saya no Uta etc. if they've dug a little deeper. The problem with this is /a/ users are extremely defensive and insecure about their tastes so even if they're just given recommendations of newer or better material they'll stir shit up over it.

As far as LNs go you can say hello to a new era of fucking Toaruverse threads which amount to little more than 15 year olds circlejerking and roleplaying.

>> No.8569325

>>8569296
you're so stupid. you're 100% wrong and you should feel ashamed for saying something so stupid. the reason why it should go to /a/ is so tard janitor can't touch it and ruin discussion.

>> No.8569330

I don't understand why /a/ is crying so much. when moot made /jp/ in 2008 I just moved my discussion to the new location. I thought the whole thing was stupid but those were the rules. now /a/ is bitching because they can't discuss the shit they wanted out? what was the point of making /jp/ in the first place then? and if they wanted to talk about vns why weren't they here to begin with? it just feels like we're finally dealing with the backlash from moot's fuckup 4 years ago.

>> No.8569332

>>8569300
So why don't we talk about how to stop shitposting on /jp/?

>> No.8569336

>>8569284
Nope.
/jp/ is a bliss if you like Touhou.
During VN downtime, there is always touhou.
If you are not happy, go learn Japanese.

>> No.8569345

>>8569332
because you're one of those shitposting clowns who is going to rant about /a/ and /v/ while making meta threads and low quality posts.

>> No.8569368

>>8569330
It's more like we've been dealing with it all along.

>> No.8569370

>>8569345
Calm down.

>> No.8569404

>>8569122
>Also I think the tripfags here are the only ones (except for one guy, forgot his name, but I think he posts on /v/ or /a/ too), that do NOT attention whore (other than tripfagging itself)
hehe

>> No.8569405

>>8569345
Actually it's people like you who spam sage in every thread

>> No.8569420

>>8569405
you are a BAKA

why are you so dumb, I ask?
why I ask, I ask?
Because I already know the answer!

You're dumb!

>> No.8569415

>>8569332
Find a general consensus of what we as /jp/ (not the flavor of the month tourists from v, a, etc.), truly don't like. And discuss how we discourage and stop that from being posted. We could appoint someone or at least a generally supported argument/suggestion for the other boards directly about the matter, and confront them with it.

As for things like KS, and stuff, I would say it's not inherently bad, but the community it brings cannot seem to be ignored so that therefore we just cannot have the discussion of it here.

Like you said: shitposting. We need to not miss the bigger picture here, not get caught up on small problems (for now). The shitposting (we of /jp/ know what it is), needs to stop.

As for occasional troll posts torwards 2d/3d, and Hikki/neets, we MUST ignore, and sage them (when notifying others to NOT respond). Let them DIE.

>> No.8569425

>Are you guys okay with visual and light novels being posted here? moot !Ep8pui8Vw2 ## Admin
If not for the awful state of which this little endeavour have left the board, I would find this question sort of amusing.
He seriously asked us if we were ok with Visual Novels?

>> No.8569426

/jp/ is going through growing pains. Calm down.

>> No.8569429
File: 75 KB, 777x777, shitposting.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8569420

>> No.8569475
File: 27 KB, 500x500, 1235074406201.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's always fascinating how people put as much weight and emotional energy into these matters as if they're in congress lobbying national security.

I don't think you'd care to write your twenty-paragraph posts if you stopped trying to fill the gaping hole in your heart with some shitty site.

>> No.8569492

>>8569475
this is /jp/ we're talking about.

no jobs, no women, no normal life. /jp/ is the last light that we cling on to.

>> No.8569495

>>8569330
I can't speak for the rest of /a/, but from the 3 years I've been on /a/, there has always been VN discussion, buyfag(figurine) threads, even LN discussion if it was pertinent to a currently airing series. All was well and good until I come on 4chan what was now last night and find "oh hey, all that shit that was actually decent on /a/, yeah, no more of that." And so as I understood it, I'm supposed to go here now. But that means I got to take the extra baggage of dealing with everything else that goes along with it, such as Touhou, which aside from...can't even think of her name anymore, doesn't interest me in the least, and other crap that I couldn't be made to give two shits about. Whereas on /a/, at least I could sit around and read some threads on currently airing stuff and be mildly entertained until something I wanted popped up. I've popped by /jp/ a couple of times in the past to lurk and check out the threads, it just doesn't work for me, and like someone else noted, this place moves much slower than /a/ does.

So now a small portion of /a/ feels fucked, and this is where it gets to happen, so you can understand why we might feel a bit pissy about the whole situation.

>> No.8569526

>>8569495
Time to grow up.

>> No.8569542

>>8569495
>such as Touhou, which aside from...can't even think of her name anymore, doesn't interest me in the least,
Good. Now if you go visiting here, don't ever the leave VN/LN/buyfag threads on here. No one wants to hear about much you don't like Touhou or whatever.

>> No.8569544

>>8569495
Go back to >>>/a/.
They didnt enforce the rule 4years ago, what make you think they will enforce it now?

>> No.8569557

/a/ is a gateway board of the worst kind. It's a bad board, a clusterfuck of newfags and samefags that isn't very well disguised by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive /soc/ faggotry and 3D porn. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the board itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The /a/utists all trying their hardest to look cool, roleplay, cry about how ronery they are, show-off their waifu, spout memes, the whole anonymous is legion and everything about /a/ fuels their escapist fantasies, while moot and his mods are of making jew gold with canvas, this make it fit just right with the lolrandom drives of your average preteen and their sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

/a/ is basically THE board to attract the most hated fanbases and people known to /jp/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this board and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no /a/ threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

in conclusion
gaia = /a/

>> No.8569551

>>8569475
circumstances are different. i personally am tired of /jp/ and the last 6 months out of the past 4 years has been unbearable.i'm tired of the illogical trash people write constantly.

i am now told my favorite otaku hobby is relegated to /jp/ where the mongoloid staff delete it constantly previously and the users can't discuss a wet paper bag and reject it because it's associated with anime.

>> No.8569574

>>8569495
>but from the 3 years I've been on /a/, there has always been VN discussion
This is funny, because in 2008 and early 2009 you were at risk of gaining yourself a ban were you to have created a VN thread.

I must say that I was throughoutly surprised when I saw (what I assumed was an odd) VN thread or so in later 2009, and much, much more so when I later realized in 2010 that these threads weren't getting deleted and that no one got banned for it.

What felt even more absurd was when you asked them why they posting VN threads, and the typical response was "But of course it is related, are you stupid or something?" where they later proceeded to give the same old pre-split arguments for them.

Of course, in retrospect it was quite obvious that this is what would happen. /a/ is after all a much more fleeting community than /jp/ or some other places.

>> No.8569582

>>8569495
Well I'm sorry that had to happen. I mainly go on /jp/, and only /a/ and /v/ when something current is up. From your post you seem pretty understand-able, so don't take some of the trolls here to be misunderstood for people who really surf jp.

jp would rather have a nowhere to be found on this board, so I suggest kindly, that you make a thread in a and propose what you ask moot, and with your argument. Then make it a post and try and contact moot about it.

If it has to do with keeping a out of jp, I'm sure jp will agree. There's a lot of things I think jp would sacrifice for the sake of it's seclusion (to an obvious extent).

>> No.8569607

The new monkeys are all going for the banana I see.

>> No.8569669

People are going to keep posting about VNs in /a/ for the exact same reason they kept doing it the last time VNs were banned from /a/.
And /jp/ still won't endorse the typical /a/ behaviour were people to bring it, which will further motivate people to keep discussing their shit in their mother boards just like before.

Nothing, changed. Nothing except how this little non-event have taken a huge shit and killed all of our threads and open upped crossboard stickies full of crossboard links pointing towards /jp/, effectively meaning that while nothing have technically changed, /jp/ will be shat upon for until someone removes the stickies + a couple of weeks thereafter.

>> No.8569701

>>8569607
So are we the first group that knows why we shouldn't get the banana or the second group that just follows the first?

>> No.8569741

>>8569323
>The reason I don't want them here is they'll be here to discuss YMK, KS and Key's works and MAYBE stuff like Ever17, Saya no Uta etc. if they've dug a little deeper. The problem with this is /a/ users are extremely defensive and insecure about their tastes so even if they're just given recommendations of newer or better material they'll stir shit up over it.

I understand what you're saying. But there isn't much translated material to begin with. If you tell them to read newer untranslated VNs of course they'll stir shit up because they don't know the language and it's a bit disheartening/depressing to get told "You must learn a whole new language completely different from yours from now on to fit in here." when you just want to enjoy your new hobby.

Now if you mean newer translated VNs that's okay but there aren't a lot anyway. The VNs you mentioned are decent to good, and while they're old, there's nothing wrong with discussing them. Most people new to VNs feel overjoyed after finishing their first VNs and want to discuss them (that means they enjoyed them); it takes a while until they move on to recent ones.

I don't mind if they keep them in single threads like VN generals do. That's what they've doing in /a/ recently by the way. VN readers are often very civil, shiposters seem to be anime-only watchers or retards from /v/.

>> No.8569754

People from /v/ don't even come here.
It's just the Katawa Shoujo fags that are mad their little circle-jerks aren't okay anymore.

>> No.8569748
File: 23 KB, 300x362, double-dragon-brothers-lee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8569758

>This is the only board on 4chan that since, say, (as of recent) 3 weeks ago, only started to get shitposted on.

I... What? Really now?

>> No.8569759

We won, /jp/. We won.

>> No.8569762 [DELETED] 
File: 43 KB, 432x742, meido-san.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This thread as well, Meido.

>> No.8569764

>>8569741
They still do. Nothing changed.
>>>/a/61435087
If you like /a/ stick with /a/ and vice versa.
The faggots that want /vn/ can go to /gen/.

>> No.8569765

Thread on /v/ are still up go there KS devs.

>> No.8569771

>>8569741
> there's nothing wrong with discussing them
Yes there fucking is.

>> No.8569787

>>8569574
Like I said elsewhere, the mods/janitors on /a/ quite quickly stopped caring, and it became a normal thing. They only pick back up enforcing the rules whenever moot makes a big show about changing things on 4chan, like now.

>>8569582
This is partially /a/s fault, since we were all on-board for a /vn/ board if they were going to stop discussion of VNs and LNs on /a/, then we find out that moot came over here and asked if you guys were cool with the idea of a /vn/ board, or if you wanted to keep VNs here, and you said no to the new board. Apparently it got into our heads that you fucked us, and /v/ to an extent, over, when moot should have just better explained what was going on. Hence, the massive amount of shit-posting and KS troll threads last night. I would say something about maturity, but I'm on 4chan, I know better.

>> No.8569786

>>8569764
But you are the one who doesn't want change it seems, since you're telling me to go to /a/. This is going to take a while. And I'd love to have those threads here since I dislike /a/.

>> No.8569790

forgive english, i am Russia.

i come to study clothing and fashion at American university. i am here little time and i am very hard stress. i am gay also and this very difficult for me, i am very religion person. i never act to be gay with other men before. but after i am in america 6 weeks i am my friend together he is gay also. He was show me American fashion and then we are kiss.

We sex together. I never before now am tell my mother about gay because i am very shame. As i fuck this American boy it is very good to me but also i am feel so guilty. I feel extreme guilty as I begin orgasm. I feel so guilty that I pick up my telephone and call Mother in Russia. I awaken her. It too late for stopping so I am cumming sex. I am very upset and guilty and crying, so I yell her, "I AM CUM FROM SEX" (in Russia). She say what? I say "I AM CUM FROM SEX" and she say you boy, do not marry American girl, and I say "NO I AM CUM FROM SEX WITH MAN, I AM IN ASS, I CUM IN ASS" and my mother very angry me. She not get scared though.

I hang up phone and am very embarrass. My friend also he is very embarrass. I am guilt and feel very stupid. I wonder, why do I gay with man? But I continue because when it spurt it feel very good in American ass.

>> No.8569800

I like how Moot thinks having one thread at 5 in the morning on /jp/ in 2012 is the right time for a discussion of these elements.

I don't give a fuck either way, this board was lost long ago

In fact only recently has the most autistic shitposting actually died down to a certain degree but now he just threw another match on to the fire.

He obviously was just trying to shit collect more topics here because /a/ is melting down

>> No.8569802
File: 34 KB, 308x227, 1324794123994.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It isn't the quality of discussion material that is the problem. It's the quality of the people.

For example, someone on /a/ may be intelligent enough to speak properly, discuss anime, and visit /jp/ and discuss VNs and Touhou properly.

Or they may use /b/ shit greentexting, flaming and shitposting over there, then visit /jp/ and start posting anime screencaps or nuclear bomb pictures. What type of person is this? I can only describe them as an obnoxious imbecile.

There may be a person on /v/ who is rational and talks about video games and follows global rules, and visits /jp/ to talk about Touhou, etc. This, again is a quality person.

Yet there may be another obnoxious imbecile who posts /b/ shit meme threads and then comes to /jp/ and starts flaming people and generally being an obnoxious imbecile.

/jp/ has its own shitposters, though. The problem lies in the ability to ignore threads, and resist the urge to post in them. What you will find is that a shit tripfag will start a thread as Anonymous, and then post in the thread to bump it with their tripcode - it's beyond obvious. This is a good indication of who to filter.

Frankly /jp/ is seen as elitist for telling people to go back to /a/, when really all you need to do is not post in shit threads, report, hide and ignore them. You know those circlejerk threads when someone starts a thread about a tripfag? Report, hide, ignore. Sounds simple doesn't it? It is.

Also, complaining about board moderation is against the global rules.

>> No.8569811

Soviet Russia went to me, you know, Soviet Russia?
Well anyways there was an even more insane number of people in line, and I
couldn't get in.
Then, I looked at the banner hanging from the ceiling, and it had "1 ruble
off" written on it.
Oh, the stupidity. Those idiots.
Soviet Russia doesn't come to you just because it's 1 ruble off, fool.
It's only 1 ruble, 1 POINT ZERO rubles for crying out loud.
There're even entire families here. Family of 4, Soviet Russia out for you.
"Alright, daddy's gonna order the borscht." God I can't bear to watch.
You people, I'll give you 1 ruble if you get out of those seats.
Soviet Russia should be a bloody place.
That tense atmosphere, where two guys on opposite sides of the U-shaped table can start a fight at any time,
the stab-or-be-stabbed mentality, that's what's great about this place.
Women and children should screw off and stay home.

>> No.8569812

>>8569771
There isn't as long as you filter out the avatarfagging /v/ tripfags who use emotes from the decent human beings.

Also /jp/ is sfw as to avoid it turning into /h/.

>> No.8569813

>>8569802
contemplating whether to screenshot this post

>> No.8569820
File: 102 KB, 500x375, me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My name is Kenichi Smith.

I'm a 27 year old Japanese Toonaholic (Cartoon fan for you foreigners). I draw cartoons and comics on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior American games. (Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty)

I train with my revolver every day, this superior weapon can shoot straight through steel because it kicks ass, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my gun license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak English fluently, both the American and the British accents, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about American history and their Constitution, which I follow 100%

When I get my American visa, I am moving to New York to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Nickelodeon or a game designer!

I own several cowboy outfits, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to America, so I can fit in easier. I keep cool to my elders and seniors and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in America!

>> No.8569855

>>8569787
Oh so that's what happened last night.
Anyway, if you want to stick around /jp/ we usually have pretty nice figure/room threads even though some are reposts

As for the /jp/ being basically /vn/, I personally don't think its that bad in the long run. When the new folks from /v/ and /a/ start lurking more and shitposting less they'll realize "Hey, instead of making a new thread about a VN, I could just post to VN general." or "The VN i read is from a fairly notable group, I could start a thread about it if one isn't there". But until that day comes /jp/ will still be there checking threads and sageing them.

>> No.8569850

You know, I lurk /jp/ exclusively, never would I have imagined a group of total weirdos in /v/. Goddamm those ksfags make /jp/ looks normal.
How the fuck can they be so obsessive over a crippled game? They make us touhou fans look normal.

>> No.8569858

>>8569813
Everybody knows that already. People who just dump their shit couldn't care less.

>> No.8569879

/jp/ is shit because of people like OP and most people in this thread who started posting on /jp/ after 2009 and tried too hard to fit in what they perceived to be board culture, thus continually making /jp/ culture more and more shitty. I highly doubt very many people here posted before late 09, and rather most are just repeating stuff ideas they've heard from trolls/idiots which got continually reinforced because of them. I bet most people here think that KS has always been a problem. Basically, similar to the phenomenon referenced here: >>8569607, though I'm not sure who exactly he was talking to when he said that.

I only occasionally drop by anymore, mainly to look at VN generals, though this probably gives me a better perspective than any regulars, who are more like frogs gradually being boiled at this point so they don't understand even how shitty /jp/ has gotten, and how bad its continually getting.

/jp/ was best when it first started, when it was more so just an extension of /a/ in spirit. Then this terrible culture started developing (though not long after it started). At first mostly tongue-in-cheek, but newfags kept taking it seriously and it kept being reinforced. Same thing happened to /a/ in some way though it seems to have retained much of the personality I fell in love with back in late 06/early 07 just with different anime. It's funny actually because I've seen some people on /jp/ say it is similar to /a/ at that time, but that is not close to true to anyone who was actually around.

>> No.8569869

>>8569820
hes awesome, ne?

>> No.8569894

>>8569869
Oh come on. That is an old thing. Nobody minds these people anymore since Asterix and Lucky luke got popular.

>> No.8569898

>they're only seasonal
like HELL it is, i'll be here every season =__=I|I

>> No.8569915

Good job bitching away /vn/, fags. I guess we have to stick to the ONE "VN general" thread until moot decides to listen to more feedback again.

>> No.8569919
File: 86 KB, 302x302, 1324118586820.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8569858
>everybody knows that already
How widely-practiced is it, I wonder.

>> No.8569939

>>8569879
I have been hearing this since I came to /jp/ in 09/10. That people on /jp/ were just posting that they were shut ins and NEETs to take fun of it and say "Haha Irony amirite?" But having been here since then it looks like a substantial portion of /jp/ are NEETs, hikkis or, failing either, at least social failures or emotional wrecks. And that's the way I like it. /jp/ knows to take it easy, and the board usually reflects that, I can go to /a/ to talk about flavor of the month, or /v/ to try to find a SMT thread, but /jp/ is my only real home.

>> No.8569956

We really need a Japan General board. Is 4chan really going to have a Korea General board but not a Japan General board? Just because some people couldn't bear to have topics which aren't otaku-oriented on /jp/?

Why is /jp/ even called /jp/? It's a misnomer. I don't understand how you guys can talk about these topics so much but if you want a board about VNs and Touhou name it appropriately.

>> No.8569965
File: 150 KB, 670x585, 201202_ks_jp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wow.

>> No.8569971

>>8569956
What do you think of people who change their names just because they don't like them.

>> No.8569977

>>8569919
Obviously people relevant to the issue don't give a fuck. Crossboard shitposters change every day.

>> No.8569988

>>8569971
Good for them?

>> No.8569989

We don't need any fucking new boards, we need to clean the shit of the existing ones.

>> No.8569999

>>8569956

I agree. We need a Japan General board to keep the following things out of /a/, /v/, /ck/, /lang/, /trv/, and other boards:

- Learn Japanese generals
- Japanese idol
- JAV general
- "I'm in Tokyo I have no money the American embassy is 200 km away what do"
- "Can somebody translate this?"
- "I got this in Japan, how can I get it in the states?"

>> No.8569997

>>8569879
Nobody cares about your opinions or internet credentials. Please return to the board you came from.

>> No.8569998

>>8569915
>I guess we have to stick to the ONE "VN general" thread
You are either trolling, or not from here aren't you?

Cause that one VN thread isn't just one thread because it is forced to be one thread. It is one thread because it is easily discussed in one thread, and the threads are typically slow anyway and does well from being in the same thread.

If the general VN thread survives can survive a couple of days depending on things, then the individual topics being discussed in the thread wouldn't have much to gain by separating themselves from the rest. But there is no one who says they can't try.

People tries posting individual VN threads all the time, they usually die faster than the general threads for obvious reasons, but sometimes they shape up to be rather nice threads. Cue point, no one is restricting VNs to one thread, they are primarily one thread as it easily gets by that way.

>> No.8570012

Visual novels should have another board besides /jp/ this board is too autistic to change anything, why the fuck have you agree to accept whole /a/'s and /v/'s visual novel fanbase is a fucking mystery for me. This board will die with flood of normalfags.

>> No.8570015

I think it would be a good idea to have a sticky with the board etiquette, since a lot of outsiders are going to post here from now on.

>> No.8570027

>>8570015

Might as well rename the board as well. /jp/ - Circlejerk Culture

>> No.8570031

>>8570012
You can still post in >>>/a/ or >>>/v/.
Why are everyone over reacting?
>>>/a/61435087

>> No.8570041

>>8569879
This is what I've been saying, everyone tries so hard to be a model /jp/-er and you get people referring to themselves as part of a collective far too much. There's no real intelligent discourse. It's very insular and feels like some sort of secret boys club. Are we 15?

>>8569939
/jp/ doesn't seem to take things easy at all though, as exemplified by the continual theme of unemployment/autism/isolation. Looking down on people gainfully employed or leaving their house once in a while isn't taking it easy, it's called being bitter. I mean I know people who are chronically unemployed and they don't keep going on and bragging about it. At best it's attention seeking.

>> No.8570057
File: 128 KB, 600x600, bf34ad36a810f40c6ba3416cbf3626f3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>itt: elitists thinking they are special for being a /jp/er

>> No.8570047

>>8569998
Exactly what this fine gentleman said

>> No.8570075

>>8569956
>Why is /jp/ even called /jp/? It's a misnomer. I don't understand how you guys can talk about these topics so much but if you want a board about VNs and Touhou name it appropriately.
/jp/ was made to catch what was posted on /a/ but wasn't deemed to be anime or manga enough.

Given how this wasn't exactly one or even two categories of anything, and given how it still wasn't "random" due to how it was restricted to what was actually posted in old /a/, it was for some reason branded "/jp/ - Japan General" as it was made up of Japanese stuff or something.

But /jp/ was never about Japan, it was about the stuff that used to be in /a/ that for most part happened to be Japanese, so the notion of /jp/ being some Japanese Culture board was off by every and all means.
But even though it was established that /jp/ wasn't about Japanese Culture, no one could come up with a good name to summarise /jp/'s content this time either, so it somehow became "Otaku Culture", which at least wasn't Japanese Culture.

Otaku Culture which doesn't really translate to anything sensible is of course not what /jp/ is about either, but it is what we are stuck with currently. The URL never changed because, why bother? "/jp/" is what /jp/ is, not the label on top of the board. If "/jp/" was removed Moot would loose his /a/ filter. Once again, this is mostly what this bullshit boils down to, /jp/ being for what isn't deemed anime or manga enough in /a/ given how moot wants /a/ to be "pure" or something.

>> No.8570069

>>8570041
And then we have idiots like this that take all the shitting and pissing, foraging garbage and other stuff seriously?
Do you think /jp/ open portal thread seriously everyday as well?
People dont go to comiket or have room full of expensive decorations without money and a job.

>> No.8570089

>>8570069
No I'm not a retard, I don't actually think you guys are drinking bleach to go to Gensokyo.

I am aware it is all long running joke but it goes on to the point of stifling conversation. Jokes get stale after 4 years or so.

>> No.8570087

>>8569939
>That people on /jp/ were just posting that they were shut ins and NEETs to take fun of it and say "Haha Irony amirite?"
It wasn't outright joking always, but it was always somewhat tongue-in-cheek. There wasn't "HURR DURR TRUE NEET/HIKKI" idiocy where people tried to establish these strict standards to be a part of /jp/ which included glorifying being pathetic as possible.

Most people doing it now are likely exaggerating or outright bullshitting for the sake of fitting in. I just find it annoying, especially as an actual leech and NEET who needs to do something with my life.

>> No.8570101

>>8570031
That thread is full meta. Why are you linking to it?

>> No.8570113

>>8570089
How so? Most of us here dont want to associate ourselves with clubber or blogging about you fuck a 10/10 girl while drunk.

>> No.8570116

>>8570069
Why would people joke about suicide?

>> No.8570117 [DELETED] 

we president now huehuehue that feel when cake is a lie xdddddd!

>> No.8570121

>>8570041
>There's no real intelligent discourse
Try harder,
>everyone tries so hard to be a model /jp/-er and you get people referring to themselves as part of a collective far too much
This is actually the case of your board, which I have a pretty good idea of what it is.

Your selective perception isn't fact.

>> No.8570133
File: 99 KB, 646x720, 1315353886004.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8570069
>And then we have idiots like this that take all the shitting and pissing, foraging garbage and other stuff seriously?
Many people in fact do. People who came in not understanding it was a joke, and then tried to conform with what they perceived to be /jp/ behavior. If you can't see that you're just as delusional.

>> No.8570144

>>8570116
Ask the guy that wasted his money on helium.
I guess we are somehow fascinated with the nips actually bleaching their way to gensokyo or they do offline suicide meetup,

>> No.8570150

>>8570031
/a/ has their own vn general threads?
That is just so adorable.

>> No.8570174

I'm really enjoying /jp/ right now. This is quite entertaining. Really. Old /jp/ is dead guys, and i'm excited for this change. Alternatives exsist if you want to reclaim taking it easy. /bun/ was nice when it was active

>> No.8570179

>>8570121
I don't have "a board".

>> No.8570188

>>8570069
>People dont go to comiket or have room full of expensive decorations without money and a job.
Not everyone on /jp/ can do that. And not everyone on /jp/ have a good collection of expensive figs.

While there are of course alot of people claiming to be NEETs or Hikkies or something without it really being true, /jp/ most certainly have alot of people that most certainly are those things.

One rather apparent proof of this, would be /jp/'s extensive knowledge of welfare systems/policies and stuff.

>> No.8570190

>>8570174
In case you didn't get the memo, there won't be any change in /jp/.

>> No.8570213

>>8570188
Probably only like 5% are real NEETs/Hikkis.
Most of them are weekend NEETs and summer NEETs.
NEET was never a status symbol.
I mean how could anyone take pissing and shitting on the floor or the trueNEET thing seriously?

>> No.8570261

>>8570121
Not even the guy you're responding to. This sheepish kind of behavior is present on 4chan in general, but because /a/ and /jp/ are the main boards whose communities I've been a real part of they are the ones that I naturally notice the most. The OP is a good example, where he believes he's speaking for everyone here who is a "true /jp/er" (notice the "we"), and creating this "everyone else is making our board shit" idea. These kinds of post are frequent in any /jp/ meta thread and anytime I see them I can't help but think the person is either underaged or mentally deficient, where they're most interest in conforming.

>> No.8570359

>>8570261
I'm not sure what to add to this but you're right man.

>> No.8570401

On a related note, it looks like our janitor is awake and active. So effective in taking down shitposting threads that he/she rivals the Meido of old.

I like what you're doing.

>> No.8570402

I'm from /v/. Just wanted to drop by and give my 2 cents.

I don't like this idea of joining all VN discussions on a single board (new or pre-existent one). It just won't work. We have VN generals on /v/ and they work just fine, no one whines about them (the whining only started after KS, actually). They work fine because /v/ is mostly composed of, let's say, "casual" VN players. If we were to be mixed with you guys, it would only crap up discussion for both communities, since the feeling I have is that /jp. discusses VNs that are 2 months old at most, as well as a lot of untranslated ones (mos of /v/ can't into moonrunes).

I know /a/ also has more or less frequent VN threads as well, but I can't comment on their position.

In my opinion, VNs should be tolerated on /a/, /v/ and /jp/ like always. KS won't be a problem on /v/ for long, it will soon be absorbed into VN generals anyway. Mixing 3 very distinct communities to discuss VNs will only bring disaster.

I'd just like to reiterate that I have nothing against /jp/ or /a/, but like I said we are all far too different to mingle on a daily basis.

>> No.8570418

>>8570261
Well you can't really blame anyone for wanting to belong to a group or blaming someone for being scared of being unwanted in the group.
It's basic human sociology, however dumb such behaviour may seem on an anonymous imageboard.

In any case, the people who take things too seriously are really putting a damper on my ultimate /jp/ experience, the worst type of people are the ones who wear the guise of anonymous but act untrue to the nature of anonymous and ultimately untrue to themselves. It's like some people are still stuck in the junior high mentality.

>> No.8570431

>>8570041
Hey there, I'm the guy your responding to. A portion of the NEET threads are about self loathing, wishful thinking, and sharing sorrows. Sure there are the NEET MASTER RACE people, but its worth it to be able to not be completely alone.

>> No.8570434

>>8570402

You raise a good point. I don't want idiots like you swarming around /jp/.

>> No.8570446

>This is the only board on 4chan that since, say, (as of recent) 3 weeks ago, only started to get shitposted on.
I stopped reading here.

Are you fucking serious OP? No one can be this dense.

>> No.8570441

>>8570402
>no one whines about them (the whining only started after KS, actually)
This is incorrect.
Everything else is true though.

>> No.8570458

>>8570434
Come on now, he seemed civil enough. Not every other board's poster is terrible.
>>8570446
also, this

>> No.8570479

>>8570402
It should have stayed the same. KS and MGQ on /v/, light novels and some VNs on /a/, and our ever-lasting VN translation/VN general here. We hate /a/'s tastes and /v/ normalfags and redditors. They are not all like that, they are not all bad, but some of they are. And they will come and fuck everything up. Take a look at this board. I want my dead slow same-threads-all-day /jp/ back, the faster the better.

>> No.8570488

>>8568912
>discussion of NEETS, Hikkis, ... are part of this board.
You mean all the normals who flock from /b/ to blog about their shitty life, who really have no actual interest in actual /jp/ related content such as Touhou, VN's, idols, figs, etc?

>> No.8570496

>>8570479
I understand your feelings. I know we have a lot of shitposters on /v/, and we try daily to contain their autism, but it's not easy. Regardless, joining all the shitposters that exist on /v/, /a/ and /jp/ would definitely not bring a solution to anyone.

>> No.8570609

>>8569802
This. I think /jp/ content is fine as it is. If anything needs to change, it's the mindset of the users.

I also think /2hu/ is such a bad idea it should never be brought up again.

>> No.8570626

/jp/ needs to stay the way it is right now minus the whole LN thing. It is complete reckless of Moot to make such drastic changes (coming from the community no less) without proper evaluating them and thinking about the ripple effects it will create.

>> No.8570651

The issue is that moot is thinking in terms of separation by topic as opposed to separation by culture. It's like thinking you can lump Americans in with Singaporeans because they both speak English.

>> No.8570667

>>8570651

He doesn't understand how every community works. That's the big problem and now all of a sudden he is forcing change upon a majority of them without thinking of the consequences. You can't just make up new rules and expect a community to follow them. You need to see if it will benefit the community.

>> No.8570690

You guys are overreacting. The only thing moot did was state the fact that VNs go in /jp/. It has been that way since the start, nothing has changed.

I know you guys dislike the mindset of many users from /a/ and /v/ since I also dislike it, but as >>8569802 said there are many good users too. VN discussion should stay here as it should've been from the beginning. New users will read more material and adapt; and retards should get their threads deleted if moot keeps his word about mods keeping an eye on /jp/.

>> No.8570722

You have the right to pretend to be elitist when in reality there is nothing superior about being a social outcast.
I've been to /jp/ before and the environment is almost purely poisonous. So much unnecessary ill will EVERYWHERE. I understand if you feel like easing through life without making ripples, but if you could at least not be a detriment to the society online maybe everyone could at least relax.
You'd think someone with the mental capacity to enjoy a story and empathize with its characters would have the fortitude of will to avoid using words like 'faggot' and 'nigger' as do-all pejoratives to try and push other people into the dirt.
It's like a bunch of people who lost in life all got together to make other people feel bad online. That's what /jp/ is and that's why no one wants to come to your board and discuss VNs so everyone does it elsewhere.

But according the rules we should be here and there's little point in making threads that will be deleted in /a/ or /v/ so I figured why not try /jp/ again since mootykins asked?
And yet the first responders to the newer VN threads being made here are so filled with poison. It's that anti-magic toxin they talk about in Umineko no Naku Koro ni. And yet nobody takes any of that to heart, even though it's the central idea. They're all content to blither on about how much the mystery sucked.

>> No.8570732

>>8570722

A Phoenix Wright thread was just reported to deletion. Are you all serious? Gyakuten Saiban's interactive features include pressing for more text and presenting items. You do these things in countless VNs. Collecting and presenting items was very popular in the 90s.
It's funny how Phoenix Wright apparently doesn't belong here when it's Japanese and a pure VN. If you're looking for something that isn't, what about Rance games, or Utawarerumono? The hypocrisy in this place is so thick it's clogging my pores.
tl;dr: Why is this board shit? You're all genuinely intelligent people. Why can't intelligence and decency have some correlation?

>> No.8570739

Friendly reminder, if you want to samefag you should change the way you write "moot". I can tell which board you're from from that alone.

>> No.8570744

>>8570732

We aren't going to debate this again. Doesn't matter anyway since things will be back to normal once he realizes that the decisions being made will never work.

>> No.8570742

>>8570722
tl;dr
most people in /jp/ are a bunch of butt hurt faggots when they dont get their way

>> No.8570758

>>8570732
because that would make sense
and we just wont allow that

>> No.8570767

>>8570764
see
>>8570742

>> No.8570764

>>8570722

nigger, u expect me to read all this faggotry?

>> No.8570765

I'm on /jp/ since split but now I'm coming here for Milky Holmes threads.

>> No.8570779

So, Sena threads are fine now ?

>> No.8570798

>>8568912
>Even though there are shitposters in general, they're only seasonal.

Are you fucking blind? /jp/ is currently a piece of shit, and I'd want every topic I'm interested in to be as far away from /jp/ as possible.
Accept, that you people have run /jp/ into the ground. You are the personified cancer of 4chan.
I have posted very rarely on /jp/ in the recent months, although one could almost say years, because this board has a hard core of mentally ill regular posters.
Posting on /jp/ feels like talking with actual retards.

>> No.8570821

>>8570798
Interesting dollfag, tell us more.

>> No.8570825

>>8570739
Which board I'm from? What a xenophobic response.
4chan is a message board with forums, not a planet with continents. There are countless cultures that stretch across boards. /b/ has been spreading to everything it touches since the underage got in, for example. /v/ has to put up with that. /a/ gets all sorts of casuals but residents there learned to either accept it or avoid/hide the thread.

Your response was ad hominem and has nothing remotely intelligent going for it. In fact, you only support it by waving around the word 'fag' as if there isn't a large group of people who have been oppressed and hurt by the power of that word for decades. Still you refuse to acknowledge what horrible acts you support by simple using the word and keeping it alive? You're a fucking tool who will use the same word everyone else uses because it's the norm. Grow a pair and do something with your life.

>> No.8570832

>>8570821
THIS is exactly what I mean.

Nonsensical replies that don't even try to argue, but equal to some gorilla throwing faeces.

>> No.8570854

>>8570825
can it, faggot

>> No.8570875

>>8570825
>>8570825
Get a load of these mad explosions. Why would you think we should be interested in discussing and "arguing" about metashit "4chan politics" like you hyper faggots? Keep spewing some bullshit like it will make a difference, we grew past that stage a long time ago.

>> No.8570885

I have no sympathy for /jp/. /v/ has been shat on by VN faggots who rightfully belong on /a/ or /jp/ from the beginning, while you fuckers have gone untouched.

No more. Your little hidey-hole is over. The shit goes here now.

>> No.8570893
File: 28 KB, 320x276, theodore-sturgeon-007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

For a board titled otaku "culture" this place lacks culture in extreme severity.

>> No.8570908

>>8570885

Yeah because it's such a big deal when you piss in an ocean of piss like /v/.

>> No.8570898

>>8570885
So the little worms are turning, how cute.

>> No.8570901

>>8570893
we're shitpost otaku

>> No.8570957

>>8570885
Hahahha, get a load of this big gay babby

>> No.8570972

>>8570885
/v/ has a lot on its plate as far as all of the different cultures trying to coexist there. I think the VN crowd is the least of its worries. They don't spam threads or anything. It's always just one big "KS General" or "Monster Quest Thread" topic that can be very easily hidden or avoided.

The shit to me comes from the constant threads that have literally no relation to video games. They are a stream of sewerage pouring out of a gutter and onto /v/. I hate it. Yet to an extent those threads can also be hidden/avoided.

>> No.8571023

Just delete this thread too janitor, this might have had potential to gather /jp/'s opinions, but now it's just outsiders venting their frustration.

>> No.8571031

I love acknowledging that a poster is doing nothing but throw insults, because the response from them is always to throw them twice as quickly. Why not argue against us if you think we're wrong?
It's because you don't have an argument and your only alternative to giving in is to go down in the mud and try to pull everyone else in.
I'm not going down there. Have fun in the feces.

...Sometimes anonymity has way worse repercussions than tripfagging.

>> No.8571038

>>8568969

The thread ended here. Why are there posts after this one? /jp/ should just be scrapped, it's beyond help.

>> No.8571060 [SPOILER] 
File: 60 KB, 107x118, 1275016860295.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8570972
I tried to hide all the shitposts on /jp/ but then I realized I had just left the board.

>> No.8571081
File: 182 KB, 800x884, 4f38a335223897b3703fcaf9216e0c59.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Moot came here and he didn't leave by deleting /jp/?

You idiots fucked it up yet again.

>> No.8571173
File: 179 KB, 1600x1200, japanesebirdcookingspaghetti.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ok, my PSA thread was instantly deleted, but all the shit on the front page, including the avatarfag, stays. And this thread is still up.

Alright, Janitor, you win. Great job.

>> No.8571247

The case of /jp/ is pretty particular. Most boards have some sort of rejection for other board "communities", but /jp/ is pretty excessive about it.
I feel a /vn/ board is a necessity. The people from other boards who want to discuss visual novels do not want to do it here. The rejection goes both ways.
In my personal case. I read visual novels. I'm in no way fluent in Japanese, but I know enough to be able to read just having to look up some words I don't get. the problem for me is that I have no interest in touhou, and I deeply dislike the board culture this place has developed, judging it as stupid, which kind of forced me to leave two or three months after the split, even though I originally had planned on staying here.

If rules are enforced and people can no longer make vn threads on /a/ or /v/, they'll be forced to move those threads here, while never being a part of what you judge is your board community.

The best that could happen for everyone is that moot reconsiders making /vn/.

>> No.8571279

>>8571247
Gotta agree with Taiga on this one. End the hate, separate.

>> No.8571289

>>8571247
we DON'T NEED a /vn/ shit was fine the way it was, but now we'll never be able to have it like that again because even if the rule gets removed >>>/jp/ will still get spammed

>> No.8571296

>>8571247
>I deeply dislike the board culture this place has developed, judging it as stupid, which kind of forced me to leave two or three months after the split,
Truly a tragedy, I weep for our loss.
>Taiga !Nyoron
I'm not sure which of the two shit stains you are, but in either case your opinion is always worthless.

>> No.8571298

>>8570893

Otaku culture is an oxymoron.

>> No.8571281

The funny thing is that moot offered to put up a sticky detailing what is considered good behavior on /jp/ but most people refused.

>> No.8571312

>>>/img/
>>>/img/
>>>/img/
>>>/img/
>>>/img/

I'm serious. I know you're doing a "good thing" and people want to discuss this, but discuss it in the imageboard board. You can talk about it for longer and have your arguments there. Even if some event happens like moot posting, I shouldn't have to put up with your threads. I want to discuss the content /jp/ is for, not /jp/ itself. Like I'm doing now.

>> No.8571302

I say, make a /vn/ board...

And then delete /jp/.

>> No.8571321

>>8571302

Never going to happen because then /a/ and that board would just be flooded with Touhou and everything else again. Moot knows it as well and I feel safe knowing that we have that little bit of security going for us.

>> No.8571326

>>8570908

U mad your board is about to become even more shit with the likes of /v/ and/b/? DEALWITHIT

>> No.8571348

>>8571289
A big chunk of what you consider attacks from other boards is probably done by your resident "shitposters".
You've gained an awareness of "wer being attacked" and people could easily use it to upset you.
Posters from boards like /a/ or /v/ don't usually give enough of a fuck to "shitpost" on other boards.

Gorespammer effect.

>> No.8571332

>>8571302

This is the best fix suggested yet.

>> No.8571357

OP is delusional.
Every sage on /jp/ is a shit post by nature.

>> No.8571362

>>8571355
shut up stop trying to act hip

>> No.8571366

>>8571348
Says the slut who sicced Accel on us. Fuck off, bitch.

>> No.8571355

>>8571296

haha that post was so ironic :^)

>> No.8571379

Reporting all of Taiga's posts. I suggest others do the same.

>> No.8571380

>>8571312
>I shouldn't have to put up with your threads
That just means you shouldn't be on the internet.

>> No.8571373

>>8571348
Really, then why are you here.

And don't lie, I know you and your crew like Destrado are on /jp/ everyday shitposting.

>> No.8571405

>>8571348
You know, it's a funny thing.

I consider myself Kinsey 6 homosexual. I have literally never felt physical attraction to a woman. When I was a baby, I nearly starved before my parents figured out they'd have to use a bottle because I wouldn't touch a breast.

When I went to school, I literally was unable to see girls. Every day, I would go to class and look around and wonder who all the empty seats were for. I thought the other guys were crazy because they sometimes had arguments with thin air.

When I went to high school, I joined the football AND swim teams so I could spend more time in the locker rooms. It wasn't really the nudity-- I had porn-- but the *smell* of the dicks that I was going for.

That's why, in the Navy, I took laundry duty every chance I got. I fantasized about our instructor taking me in, adopting me, and having me as a live-in maid.

Naturally, I picked up AIDS somewhere along the line. Some seedy bath house, I guess.

Right now, I'm teaching a men's rights class.

Yet this post and its poster is somehow gayer than me.

>> No.8571408

>>8571379
Sorry, but my queue is full of all of your sages.

>> No.8571409

>>8571373

It should be obvious why I'm here right now.

>> No.8571394
File: 72 KB, 1280x720, [sage]_Daily_Lives_of_High_School_Boys_-_06_[720p][10bit][05152017].mkv_snapshot_13.18_[2012.02.15_02.34.08].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I came here to shitpost but when I saw all the tripfags here I realized I am glad there is now a shithole for all of you to congregate, but I think moot should make it so if you post in /jp/ you get banned from other boards. It would do us all a favor.

Kind of reminds me of how some cities have 'public houses' for gay kids who ran away from home.

>> No.8571422

>>8571405
So that means it's even more correct to you.

>> No.8571415

>>8571348
read >>8571394

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action