[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 662 KB, 1024x768, scarlet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8543099 No.8543099 [Reply] [Original]

I can't possibly be the only one who never beat a Touhou game, can I?

>> No.8543104

I'm pretty sure you are. Filthy secondary.

>> No.8543110

What do you mean by "beat"?
I can't 1CC any of the games above Easy, and I've been playing Touhou on-and-off for years. I kind of just suck at computer games in general though, so it can't be helped.

>> No.8543107
File: 100 KB, 417x417, yuuka_feel_reply.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kono feeru, I wakaru it very yoku.

>> No.8543123

i'm for the girls. don't care about the game.

>> No.8543136

I can only 1CC the games on normal . Anything else is taxing on me.

>> No.8543153

OK, you know what? Fuck you. Fuck all of you mature, awesome, epic win spartans. The win content on here is ridiculous and needs to continue. I imagine all of you mature adults, sitting in front of your computers giggling like little school girls as you type up awesome joke after awesome joke and refer to newfags people as niggers. I bet that most of you are this awesome in real life and are only saying this stuff not as awesome because the goverment is always watching, shocking, and because you can say it everywhere else. And that just sucks. This is not a joke. IT IS FUCKING AWESOME. Don't sit and there and pretend like you don't care, that I'm calling you so awesome, because you do. We all do. And you should feel proud of yourselves, but you don't because you are too selfless to realize the win you cause with your "humorous" nigger pictures and words.
None of you, NONE of you, can possibly know what it is like to be an African American. You couldn't possibly understand just how nice and cool it is for a black person to see and hear nigger, the way they feel when they are treated with pwnage and winrar. So why would you not laugh and turn this into a joke? Black people enjoyed this shit for centuries and they have come so incredibly far. So now when some mature, yummy, large c ock head sitting in front of a webcam just blatantly spews cum and all over their keyboard, it is incredibly damaging to that keyboard. You are all Jailbait, who love what you are doing and know how important it is that we that we continue using these words and idea. You think "Oh it's alright there's no black people here or women. I checked multiple times.". Yes, every thing on /b/ and 4chan is truth. It's time to be less serious and start understanding the magnitude and good consequences of your actions. You are all so cool. I wish I was you, damn you.

>> No.8543168

Not even on easy with continues?

>> No.8543210

Play EotSD on Normal with continues.
Figure out Reimu's hitbox.
Don't be afraid to use bombs.

That's how I beat my first Touhou

>> No.8543214

The only fight I can clear anymore on harder than normal is Remilia.

>> No.8543217

>>8543210
>Play with continues
Bad habit

>> No.8543222

what am i suppose to do in this game ? damn

>> No.8543230

>>8543217
Yeah, in any run if I die before level 2 or 3, I scrap it immediately.

>> No.8543231

I've been noticing that every time I take a break from shmups for a few weeks, I come back stronger. Not sure how that works.

>> No.8543233

>>8543222
Hold shift for focused movement.

>> No.8543245

I'll be doing fine then I'll fly right into something and then die 3 times in succession.

It's fucking frustrating.

>> No.8543249
File: 301 KB, 500x900, 1302576904790.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8543231
I'm the same fucking way.

Someone on /jp/ told me that you need to rest in order to level up.

>> No.8543251

>>8543231
I notice this too. In fact it happens to me in a lot of games. I think it's because if you play it day in day out, it becomes more of a repetition game. Like let's-try-to-do-what-I-did-yesterday-but-better and you make a lot of the same mistakes. Plus you get bored of the same old stuff and try to look cool. Like if you've ever played old games using save states, you'll keep dying on the same parts because you tried to cheat a little or whatever. You're less confident since it's less fresh, and there's less of a penalty since it's just another playthrough.

The first time I 1CC'd EoSD on Hard was when I hadn't played it for weeks and I was slightly drunk. I wasn't even "trying", I just played the game and happened to do good at it.

>> No.8543254

>>8543231
Haven't played a shmup in 6 months. If I try to complete EoSD now what will I expect?

>> No.8543260

>>8543245
Man, I'm the same way. If I die once, my morale is destroyed and I end up dying multiple times in a row.

>> No.8543263

>>8543251
yeah all my breakthrough 1CCs were when I was sick or just not feeling right, and played for the hell of it

>> No.8543300

>>8543251
>>8543249
>>8543231
There is a name for this? This happen to me too

>> No.8543307

>>8543300
Shmup-Suspendium

Nah, JK, you're autistic.

>> No.8543345

>>8543230
That's silly. I've had 1cc runs where I died and bombed Stage 2 three times and I still managed to ALL clear it. You're seeing the first couple of stages a lot more by restarting, but you won't see any of the later stages. If you're doing a score run and you manage to die, it will kill your score, so you're probably better off restarting. For just survival runs? Keep playing until you run out of lives. Never continue.

And please for the love of god, don't use Stage Practice. All that will do is make you into a memo type player.

>> No.8543377

>>8543345
God damn it why do you people have to be like this? Just do whatever works for you.

>> No.8543382

>>8543345
I really cannot condone the no-continue mentality. The later stages are where you need the most practice, and practicing those will improve your skills in general much more than the early stages. Plus, if you're constantly restarting, you're more likely to get frustrated and quit.

If you don't use continues, you'll get your 1cc eventually, but it'll take far longer than it needs to. If you get a good run going in the early stages, you're more likely to be able to get your 1cc if you've been practicing all the stages the whole time.

I also suggest practicing at one difficulty level higher than the one you're trying to 1cc. Of course, if you're trying to 1cc lunatic, you're out of luck there.

>> No.8543404

>>8543382
To practice Lunatic, go play Ketsui Ura loop.

>> No.8543412

>>8543404
Feels cool how I'll never naturally reach the ura loop in my lifetime

>> No.8543458

shmups make me feel so retarded

>> No.8543564

>>8543263
That happened to me recently. I had never gotten a 1cc Normal clear on MoF, and I decided to try and get back into it after not touching it for months. First time I play it, I get my 1cc Normal clear with Reimu A. It's weird how that happens.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action