[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 9 KB, 301x292, animaatjes-clint-eastwood-88837.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8430402 No.8430402 [Reply] [Original]

[spoiler]Hi there, /jp/!

I just wondered if there is an aquivalent for weeaboos in japan? Like, people who try way too hard to be American or western in general. Is there such thing? Japanese people playing Call of Duty, drinking imported beer, going to the gym, reading western literature and Marvel / DC comics while listening to indie hipster bands? Pic possibly related, probably one of their idols.</spoiler>

>> No.8430422

[spoiler]nobody wants to be like us
;_;</spoiler>

>> No.8430430

[spoiler]What, you mean Kenichi Smith?</spoiler>

>> No.8430440

[spoiler]>>8430430
I do not know who Kenichi Smith is, but his name favors my theory.</spoiler>

>> No.8430443

[spoiler]There are, but less Call of Duty, gym stuff it's more like western movies and comic books, yeah.
The Japanese gamer base actually prefers western games nowadays, oddly.
Imported beer is universal across every nation.</spoiler>

>> No.8430458

[spoiler]I saw some old Japanese man on youtube showing off his hunting knives, talking about the proud and honorable tradition of American deer hunting. He was actually kinda cool.</spoiler>

>> No.8430451

[spoiler]>>8430430
Naw, I think he means more like Rawhide Kobayashi.</spoiler>

>> No.8430502

[spoiler]I was an aupair in Tokyo for a year. One night I was so bored by everything that I thought "Aw, what the hell!" And went out and searched for a western themed place. Lucky me, I found a bar called "Rock'nRoll", which was good because I love heavier music and was kinda getting sick of all that colorful stuff around me everywhere. However I expected J-Rock and stuff, but was confronted with Metallica and Guns n Roses. The people there had Elvis Presley hairstyles or long metalhead hair, those jeans jackets with band patches all over them. So I ordered a German beer (I think it was Warsteiner) and hung out with a group of people which were really interested in my story of life. I ended up going there almost every 3rd day: We talked about western television and music, literature and comedy. I felt like a star.</spoiler>

>> No.8430513

[spoiler]>>8430502
I WANT TO BE AN AUPAIR IN TOKYO TOO, HOW?</spoiler>

>> No.8430521

[spoiler]>>8430513
Connections, sadly. My boyfriend at that time was Japanese and he was going back to his motherland, so I pretty much just followed him and I worked for his aunt's family.</spoiler>

>> No.8430525

[spoiler]>>8430451
this name never gets old</spoiler>

>> No.8430533

[spoiler]Mexicans love us.</spoiler>

>> No.8430548

[spoiler]Does ヤンキー really have anything to do with Yankee?</spoiler>

>> No.8430560

[spoiler]As far as much and baseball, yes japs love that shit.

Not what you were asking, but interesting none the less: there's a website where japanese women (and men i guess too) talk about fucking american soldiers and cuckold/cheat on their husbands with them. A lot action around Yokota Air base.</spoiler>

>> No.8430565
File: 56 KB, 454x558, Akarin - Blush - S.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

[spoiler]I make use of USAIP constantly while surfing the web...

It makes me feel more American...
[spoiler]Lol, j/k... BRASIL FORTE[/spoiler]</spoiler>

>> No.8430568

[spoiler]Nope, only american whites are capable of being self-hating dorks.</spoiler>

>> No.8430589

[spoiler]>>8430568

Hey now, you know damn well there's not as much self-hate here as western Europe.</spoiler>

>> No.8430603

[spoiler]People that like Call of Duty, imported beer, the gym, western literature and Marvel / DC comics and indie hipster bands tend to play Call of Duty, drink imported beer, go to the gym, read western literature and Marvel / DC comics and listen to indie hipster bands.</spoiler>

>> No.8430603,1 [INTERNAL] 

this thread is very surprising

>> No.8430603,2 [INTERNAL] 

listen'n to slayers op

>> No.8430603,3 [INTERNAL] 

which one

>> No.8430603,4 [INTERNAL] 

get along

>>
Name
Subject
Comment