[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 552 KB, 1920x1200, dodonpachi daifukkatsu 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8351760 No.8351760 [Reply] [Original]

Scarlet Gensokyo Sanctuary, a Touhou fanfiction
by gensokyo_gal_97

Fancharacter: Yes
Self-insert: Maybe >_>
Serious fic: Yes
Funny fic: Yes
Fighting: Yes lots of it!
Romance: No

Ginga sat in her house, frustrated about her latest writing assignment. She tried not to get distracted by thoughts of Touhou, but inevitably she did. She thought of the great temples and ancient gods worshipped by Gensokyo's inhabitants, and was saddened by the thought that they had never found Jesus. Then she thought, "then I'll just have to bring Jesus to them!"

So she got her Bible and her best dress, and prayed to God that night that she would find a way to Gensokyo. And that night, she did.

>> No.8351770

Where's the rest of the story?

>> No.8351774
File: 100 KB, 231x259, ugurgh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Romance: No

>> No.8351791

She arrived on the edge of a lush forest in Gensokyo. Hakurei shrine was just in sight, so she walked there. Talking to Reimu was as easy as opening a can of pop, as religious types are most often friendly, sociable people.

"Hi!"
"Hello."
"I see you have a temple here, mind if I come in?"
"Dozo" (that's Japanese for go ahead)

So they went in. Ginga saw the statue of Fudo Myoo, a wrathful god of vengeance.
"Who is that?"
"Fudo Myoo, kami (god) of this temple."
"He looks kinda scary."
"Yes, his flaming sword of justice destroys evil."
"But anger and violence can never destroy evil, only understandingness can!"

>> No.8351811

"What do you know, are you a priestess or something?"
"Well, no, I'm just a humble follower of--"
"Oh so THAT'S what this is. You don't like my religion so you think you're gonna convert me to yours, eh?"

A dramatic wind blows outside. Reimu fondles the handle of a dagger in her blouse.

"Not at all, it's your choice to make. I just wanted to remind you that a choice exists."

Ginga holds up her Bible, and Touhou music starts playing.

"Choice... huh."

Reimu takes the Bible in one hand. "I'll think about it."

>> No.8351820

>Talking to Reimu was as easy as opening a can of pop
That's the weirdest simile I've ever heard.
>religious types are most often friendly, sociable people
LOL
>"Dozo" (that's Japanese for go ahead)
Oh my fucking...
>Touhou music starts playing

Just fucking stop

>> No.8351817

>Fancharacter: Yes
>Self-insert: Maybe >_>

Wishing earnestly that this would not be bad.

But,
> >_>
???

>> No.8351824

>>8351791
>"But anger and violence can never destroy evil, only understandingness can!"

Anger won't but violence can.

>> No.8351829

>Dozo" (that's Japanese for go ahead)

Get out, get the hell out.

>> No.8351834

Best thread on /jp/ at the moment. Please continue, good sir.

>> No.8351835

This makes me wonder if someday ZUN will make a priest Touhou. Oh we have a Nun already.

>> No.8351841

Next Ginga went to the human village in pursuit of Keine's school. She entered the classroom, and sat down.

"Who dare you?" Said Keine.
Ginga leaned toward the girl next to her. "What's your name?"
"As if I would let you use my name!"
"Hey, who are you?"
"I'm a transfer student."
"Oh, okay."

And Keine continued her lecture on the history of Gensokyo, about the great cataclysmic fires that separated Gensokyo from the rest of Japan about sixty-five years ago.

>> No.8351845

>>8351841 "Who dare you?"
Whoops I meant "who are you?"

>> No.8351850

OP if it's any comfort, I'll stay here and read till the end so finish writing it alright?

>> No.8351860

In this mystified recollection of a great wartime atrocity, Ginga was reminded of the fires that would separate the righteous from the wicked. Perhaps this was proof Gensokyo had already earned their place in Heaven? But she had to be sure.

"That's great and all, and I'm going to let you finish in a minute, but, this is the greatest Book of all time." She lay the Bible on the desk.

"...That's nice dear, sit down."

After class was over, Keine resumed her hostilities.

"What is this? This isn't in any of my textbooks. You've brought a book of lies into my classroom!"
"But it's not lies Miss Kamishirawasa, it's the truth. The truth about how Jesus died so we could be saved."

But then Keine concealed the history where Ginga told the class about Jesus.

"I've got to watch out for her," Ginga thought. "She can easily undo all my witnessing!"

>> No.8351864

>implying Gensokyo was formed in the atomic bombings

>calling the bombings "great wartime atrocity"

Jesus Christ it's like a troll minefield

>> No.8351866

>>8351860
>"That's great and all, and I'm going to let you finish in a minute, but, this is the greatest Book of all time." She lay the Bible on the desk.

I lol'd

>> No.8351869
File: 63 KB, 600x516, 1313697133130.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Should I even attempt to read this?

>> No.8351874

Ginga crept quietly through the forest. Her next target was the witch Marisa.

She snuck through the bushes, was close enough to see in the windows. Would Marisa be home, or...?

"Hey, whatcha lookings for?"
"Aaaah!" Ginga jumped about ten feet as a lovely blonde girl was suddenly behind her.
Marisa picked the Bible up from the ground.
"Oh wow, another spellbook! You can't have too many of these." She whisked it up and flew away.

"But it's not a spellbook..." Ginga grumbled.

>> No.8351885

>>8351869
>"That's great and all, and I'm going to let you finish in a minute, but, this is the greatest Book of all time." She lay the Bible on the desk.

Might be something to laugh at. Wait on warmly.

>> No.8351888

>gensokyo_gal

I miss Gensokyo Man

>> No.8351889

Ginga went back to check up on Reimu.

She was painting a portrait of Jesus on parchment with a calligraphy brush.

"Oh wow, that's really good! You gonna hang that up in your temple maybe?"

"I was just bored, so I'm drawing, okay? Jeeez."

Ginga left the shrine with a skip in her step. If she could get through to one person, then the seed would be planeted. She then slowed her pace as she realized the hardest part of her journey was just getting started.

She stood before a great lake. The cathedral of sin, Scarlet Devil Mansion, loomed in the distance.

>> No.8351922

"If only I could fly..."

Just then, a helping hand! Marisa flew overhead.

"Hey, need a lift?"
Ginga said "yeah! I need to get to the mansion over there."
"Are you sure? Nobody ever goes to that mansion..."
"I have to."
"I know."
"So, will you do it?"
Marisa thinks. "Well it's no business of mine, but I can give you some magic."

Marisa concentrated, and shot a white magic ball at Ginga. Now she could fly and do magic. She was a real live touhou!

"Thank you so much!"
"No, thank you. I read that book you had. At first I was disappointed it wasn't actually a spellbook, but then I couldn't stop reading it. Its words had a power beyond any magic I've ever known. It's changed my life. Thank you."
"Marisa, I..."
"You can have it back if you want."
"No, you keep it. I'm happy for you!"
"Good luck... Oh, and how did you know my name?"
But Ginga was already gone.
"Heh... That girl..."

>> No.8351953

Ginga whizzed over treetops. Rumia threatened to sideswipe her.

Rumia flew out in front of her, arms out to the sides. "Hey doesn't it look like the saint was crucified?"
"Hm, I can use this." Ginga thought.

"You know who else was crucified?" Ginga threw a Bible her way. "Read all about it here!"

Then she was over the lake. She knew the ice fairy Cirno lived here.

"Forget her, she probably doesn't know how to read."
"Hey! Looks like you're hot to trot, maybe this'll cool you off!"

Cirno shot the ice missiles, and one of 'em hit Ginga. She wasn't used to flying yet.

>> No.8351970

Ginga turned around and fired danmaku at Cirno. Not enough to hurt her, just enough to slow her down, and made her way to the forest where Meiling practiced tai chi.

"Halt!"
"Uh oh..."
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing, its just I have all these books and I don't know if I can carry them all... Would you like one?"
"Ha! Nice try. Religion is forbidden in China! And so are you!"

Meiling was no slouch, she instantly erupted into a savate side-kick, bruising Ginga's thigh. She tried to maintain her balance but the next thing she knew, she was on the ground in a painful armbar.

>> No.8351973
File: 64 KB, 300x333, 1307751582564.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8351953
Oh shit! Be careful Ginga!

>> No.8351991

inb4 all of this just a dream.
Things are going too smoothly for Ginga.

>> No.8352002

Ginga tried to reach over and punch Meiling in the stomach, but the armbar was too tight. Her eyes were full of tears as she felt the tension increase, until...

The music stopped, and the only sound that could be heard was a magic charging-up sound. A bolt of pure magic knocked Ginga from Meiling's grip!

Reimu exploded into the scene. When the music resumed, it was Reimu's theme, and Meiling retreated as Reimu prepared another attack.

"I guess I'm not strong enough to defeat her..."
"Ginga. You shouldn't expect to beat Meiling, she's trained for years as a martial artist. Remember, you still haven't reached your full magical potential yet. As you gain new knowledge, you will become more powerful. You may even become as powerful as I am."
Ginga nodded. If what Reimu said was true, then she'd have to keep fighting. But would it be worth it? When would she be able to stop fighting? Perhaps only the Bible in her hand knew the answer...

>> No.8352013

>Fighting: Yes lots of it!

>they only fight in the second half of the story, and the fights are like two sentences long

>> No.8352029

Ginga knew that if she couldn't win fights, she'd have to avoid them. So she took her dress off, it was far too colorful. She looked down her body to assess the damage... She had a big purple bruise on her thigh from where Meiling kicked her, and her right breast was rather sore from being pinched between Meiling's shins in the armbar. She massaged her breast a bit to ease the soreness, then fashioned a new dress with her newfound magic powers.

The new dress was a reddish grey, and had a geometric texture not unlike a brick wall.

"Time for some tactical ecclesiacal action!" She thought as she shimmied along the mansion wall.

>> No.8352030

Are you making this up on the spot?

>> No.8352038

>>8352030
I'm using an outline :t

>> No.8352112

>>8352029
Woah woah give us a mature content warning first!

>> No.8352130
File: 357 KB, 700x990, remiwhat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is the most amazing thread ever.

OP, please continue.

>> No.8352151
File: 10 KB, 131x225, 1315824727015.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8352029

>> No.8352159

Ginga snuck into the mansion, and Patchouli, Sakuya, Remilia, and Flandre, yes even Meiling, they all were there drinking tea! She knew this was her chance, she'd get all of 'em at once.

"I see you have quite a library, but do you have this book in it?"

Patchouli looked at Remilia. Remilia signalled to Sakuya who seemed to flicker out of existence, then she was holding the Bible. She had taken it out of Ginga's hand.

Sakuya spoke in a voice as smooth and deadly as silk. "So you're the one who's been handing these out."
"Yes."
"Do you intend to challenge the master?"
"Yes."
"Then you'll be relieved to learn that we've already accepted Christ as our lord and savior. Marisa showed us the way."

"Yeah!" Said Flandre. "Even though we've already lost our immortal souls, there's no reason we can't help others find the right way!"

"But... Meiling said..."

"Oh well yeah, Meiling. Anyway," said Sakuya, "we were in the middle of a tea party. Would you like to join us?"

>> No.8352164

>>8352159
No. Just..No.
But do continue.

>> No.8352183

And they drank their tea long into the night. And that night, something most amazing happened. Well, two things, actually.

Marisa and Reimu sat with Ginga, and offered her a special friendship tea. As they left the room, Ginga soon discovered tea wasn't the only thing the two were serving. They solidified their friendship the way only girls can.

Secondly, Remilia and Flandre woke up the next day, and were no longer vampires. They were bat yokai. Through the magic of faith all things are possible!

"Amazing," Remilia said. "I look the same, but I feel I've been born anew!"
Sakuya smiled. "You're bats. A bat is the only flying mammal, science has no explanation for how it got its wings. The bat's wings are proof of God's creation."
Flandre grinned. "How clever of God, to give us this new form that will remind all of His wisdom! I'm honored to have these wings."

>> No.8352191

As Ginga left for the portal, a whole host was there to see her off. The forest witches Marisa and Alice, the priestesses Reimu and Sanae, the scarlet devil mansion, and even a few new faces. There was the rabbit mage, Reisen, a gilded cross on her lapel. There was the fairy sisters Merlin, Lunasa, and Lyrica singing a newly learned hymn. There was the scientist Yumemi, who of course had always been a believer.

Marisa blew her nose. "We'll miss you!"
Reimu said "come back and visit any time."
They all said their goodbyes, and Ginga returned to her world, feeling the joy of a job well done. Then, she got on the internet, went to 4chan, and posted a thread about the adventure fresh in her memory!

>> No.8352197

Isn't being able to use magic a sin or something?

>> No.8352203

>>8352183
>They solidified their friendship the way only girls can.
>the way only girls can
>only girls
My apologies, but I am not a girl so please tell me what you are referring to.

>> No.8352215

pretty fuckin ebin

>> No.8352228

>>8352203
I left that part ambiguous on purpose, maybe I'll expound upon their relationship in a sequel? :B

>> No.8352225

>>8352197
Magic isn't a sin, "witchcraft" is. Witchcraft is communing with demons and fallen gods to gain unnatural powers, real magic is natural and it's something you have to study and work at.

>> No.8352237

Omg that was such epic story that ending really surprised me xDDD

>> No.8352238

>Sakuya spoke in a voice as smooth and deadly as silk.
Silk is deadly?

>science has no explanation for how it got its wings. The bat's wings are proof of God's creation
wat

>> No.8352239

>>8352225
I think she might be almost correct.
consider the magi who came from the east to visit the Christ child.
Whatever study of magic they did must have somehow been agreeable to G*d

>> No.8352243
File: 30 KB, 240x339, rashii.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8351991

As it turned out there had been quite a big mistake in translation, and in fact there was no such thing as a god, only a most fabulous dog.
It was all the work of Japanese Lassie.

>> No.8352264
File: 244 KB, 342x334, 1285175842297.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This made my nipples moist and my dick hard.
11/10 GOTY

>> No.8352299

>>8352203
Probably something to do with ensnaring men or murdering them. It's obviously not anything sexual, because I'm told the Christian god really hates that shit, but other sins are pretty easy to get forgiven for.

>> No.8352298

Herp derp only a real faggot would return to their wretched world from the magical heaven they have just visited. Every damn fairytale ends this way. WHY would anyone do that?

>> No.8352318
File: 97 KB, 299x288, 1321799599750.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8352183
>They solidified their friendship the way only girls can.
I thought Ginga was a good pure Christian girl

>> No.8352402

>>8352318
I don't like this.
I don't like this one bit

>> No.8352501

Now all we need is DUKE to read it out loud on vocaroo. Too bad he only hangs out on /co.

>> No.8352655

I'm confused. gensokyo_gal seems to be implying, based on the characterization of Ginga, especially at the end, that she is a religious person; however, we've already established in the past that genoskyo_gal was indeed a lesbian.
Homosexuality being sinful in the eyes of a good Christian, I can only conclude that gensokyo_gal is herself a sinful person and should burn in hell.

>> No.8352697

Is that you, labby?

>> No.8352723

>>8352655
if she's just a chaste lesbian then I would think she's alright.
but if she's doing lesbian homosex then yes, something does not add up.

gensokyo_gal, can't you be pure like us?

>> No.8352737
File: 137 KB, 390x613, moralfagtan2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8352655

Think it's safe to say everyone on 4chan is condemned to one hell or another for violating the commandments of at least some religion. Possibly a few of us are going to end up in some sort of posthumous legal limbo while the powers that be disagree over which of many mutually exclusive versions of hell gets them first.

>> No.8352807

>>8352737
>Think it's safe to say everyone on 4chan
I think it's safe to say you are assuming way to much.
I'm trying my very hardest to be pure here.

we are complaining that gensokyo_gal is morally inconsistent.
we aren't having a religious debate.
please leave your religionhating out of this thread.

>> No.8352861

>>8352807

Not seeing the problem there. It only says that there may be a self insertion, and given that it says there's going to be "a lot" of fighting the description doesn't seem very reliable.

>> No.8353050

>>8352861
are you really helen, or did you just steal that trip?
this isn't the first time gensokyo_gal_97 has hinted at being a homosexual.

>> No.8353135

>>8353050

As far as I remember, it was more of an uncertainty and a dissatisfaction with social labels. But that's beside the point.
What I'm saying is there's nothing out of the ordinary about someone being homosexual and writing about a character that is a religious puritan.

>> No.8353324

>>8353135
oh is that all?
why don't you take a look at this post?
>>8352318

>> No.8353856

>>8352002
>mfw this post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qT7E3FO85A#t=3m58s

>> No.8353937

Ginga can't be a self-insert, the story doesn't spend several paragraphs telling us how beautiful and popular with the boys she is!

>> No.8353993

>>8353937
>popular with boys
>gensokyo_gal_97

Got some news for you, buddy...

>> No.8354098

gensokyo_gal, your trollfic has successfully caused this whole forum to go bat fuck insane with rage and disappointment. 10/10

>> No.8354104
File: 250 KB, 858x1200, 1322161728396.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't remember China ever being designed to be a war machine.

>> No.8354143
File: 16 KB, 225x240, 006.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

a+

>> No.8354702

How can you guys say there wasn't lots of fighting? Ginga was fighting for their salvation the whole time!

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action