[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 160 KB, 454x628, Rail_Saten1289470805597.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8088084 No.8088084 [Reply] [Original]

Technology Helps Autistic Children with Social Skills

http://psychcentral.com/news/2011/10/24/technology-helps-autistic-children-with-social-skills/30648..
html

>During sessions in the virtual environment, primary school children experiment with different social scenarios, allowing the researchers to compare their reactions with those they display in real-world situations.

>Researchers believe the virtual environment and an increased ability to manage their own behavior enables a child to concentrate on following a virtual character’s gaze or to focus on a pointing gesture, thus developing the skills vital for good communication and effective learning.

>Porayska-Pomsta said: “Since autistic children have a particular affinity with computers, our research shows it may be possible to use digital technology to help develop their social skills.

>“The beauty of it is that there are no real-world consequences, so children can afford to experiment with different social scenarios without real-world risks,” she added.

I am going to try to post this everyday to remind you guys to play VN everyday!

>> No.8088119
File: 90 KB, 912x684, 1283399865786.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sometimes I like to pretend I'm playing a Saten-san VN. We help each other out and fall in love. Saten-san is the biggest influence in my life and she has steered me in the right direction.

>> No.8088128

My life would be a lot better if I had a Saten-san to call my own ;_;

>> No.8088319

They have to come up with a replacing term now that "autistic" is being widely used for describing anything. Newfriends are starting to mistake it for the proper use and they'll grossly misunderstand things like that article.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action