[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 499 KB, 870x1318, ten1908.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7637661 No.7637661 [Reply] [Original]

Was anybody here forced to be in the retard class at school?

>> No.7637666

no, but I was always treated as if I was.

>> No.7637663
File: 243 KB, 1051x898, 1311076809266.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yep.

>> No.7637681

nope
I had A+ grades

>> No.7637682

Eh, it was an alternative ed school, mostly for people who had problems in general ed for whatever reason (if you care, I was months behind due to frequent hospital trips), emotional kids, etc. So, not explicitly retards, but the line was pretty thin sometimes.

The stories I could tell, goddamn.

>> No.7637691

In grade 6 I was permanently removed from woodshop class for being a nuisance, me and this other fellow. Every week after that we spent that hour with a guy who worked in connection with the afterschool youth center (couldn't think of a better word for it in the english language).

Instead of building birdhomes or shelves, we built speakers, casted tin army men and painted them and play snooker or pinball. That's the only special treatment I ever received and it was the best school year of my life.

Kids, sometimes it helps to be an insufferable little git.

>> No.7637694

I should have been, at least then I might have actually graduated.

>> No.7637702

Yes, but I was sent to live at a mental institution for people with severe mental disabilities (people that can't eat or walk by themselves) after skipping said class for about three months ~

>> No.7637699
File: 46 KB, 720x480, 1311077833738.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yes because I couldn't do math for shit and had assburgers. I was also the crazy kid that threw chairs at the teacher and was a head and a half taller then everyone and the only one that treated the actual people with retardation nicely. But thats okay because by the end of my highschool carrer I was fairly popular and good at hiding my crazy. If you saw me today I you would never guess that I spend nearly 12 hours a day on /jp/. Also fuck off faggot this isnt board related.

>> No.7637701

>>7637682
I didn't want to leave you hanging there, more often than not when people muse about stories they COULD tell they actually WANT to tell them.

So to amuse you and to amuse me, go ahead.

>> No.7637709

Only for a couple hours. Then they sent me back to the normal classes after they realized I was just lazy and not retarded. I think I am retarded though, I don't know why they didn't keep me in there.

>> No.7637716

Yeah but it was because I was too sick to attend class more than 3 days a week, I was perfectly sane and the top of the class... Which wasn't hard... But it felt good to feel smart.
And now I'm at university I'm still topping the class and it's not full of retards so that's even better.

>> No.7637717

Nah. Pretty average, was in a bunch of AP classes and did mediocre in them.

Dear /jp/

It doesn't matter how smart or dumb you are. As long as you keep trying, even the biggest retard alive can do math.

The only difference that intelligence makes is the speed you learn. Everyone is capable of learning.

Don't give up anons ; - ;

>> No.7637720

>>7637717

>Don't give up

kind of too late if you're browsing /jp/ on a daily basis, no?

>> No.7637721 [DELETED] 
File: 206 KB, 1600x1200, 1310716526206.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I go to a special education highschool for "emotional problems". I'm the only white student there, except for one aspie. Everybody else is a belligerent nigger that got kicked out of the regular highschool. There are about two or three hundred children here. The entire school system in my city is corrupt and the teachers harass me daily.

>> No.7637723

>>7637701
Too tired to "OOH, LISTEN TO MY STORIES", honestly, but fine:

One day, when the terrible lunch arrived, we'd all discovered that instead of the (again, I must stress, terrible) chicken nuggets coming with french fries, they came with tater tots.
A kid in the class was displeased with this.
So basically, he gets angrier and angrier about it (once they get started on something, they're not easy to stop) until he's throwing a full-fledged tantrum, at which point it's now pretty much damage control.
It ended with the huge black guy there, our closest thing to security, having to drag the kid away from the glass window he was -slamming his head against-, and pinning him on the floor while 911 was called to get the kid and his now torn-to-shit forehead to the hospital.
Never saw him again.

>> No.7637724

>>7637720
I don't think so, Anon. I browse /jp/ daily too! Maybe not 12 hours like you though.

Isn't /jp/ too slow for that?

>> No.7637727

Not really. On the contrary I had such intelligence, that I almost didn't need to study. I was taking it easy and still getting better than average grades.

>> No.7637730

>>7637724

There's 15 pages, more than enough to last an entire day.

>> No.7637735

>>7637730
Well yeah, but if you go to bed now, what's on page 1 will be on page 7.

I guess if you're that much of a /jp/ lurker, you probably do other stuff like touhou acing / reading visual novels / anime though, right?

>> No.7637738

>>7637724
I read the archives to catch up on older threads I missed.

>> No.7637741

I never had problems in school, OP. I was so lazy that I stopped taking school seriously in grade 8. Around here the average 8th grader is maybe 13-15 years of age. I officially dropped out as soon as I could when I turned 16. I regret nothing.

>> No.7637742 [DELETED] 

>>7637717
>The only difference that intelligence makes is the speed you learn.

Not really.

>> No.7637744

Last night I had a dream about this kid who went to the school I used to go to, who had cerebral palsy. I was investigating into some huge mystery or conspiracy or something, when I discovered some video logs from him where he'd uncovered almost everything, because he was actually a genius, despite his limited communication skills making him appear like a retard (think about the first impression Steven Hawking would give if he didn't have the text to speech machine), and there was even this one clip where he got chased by guards while trying to escape in his electric wheelchair. For some reason, the rest was up to me.

No wonder I find it so disappointing to wake up after dreams like that.

>> No.7637749
File: 41 KB, 640x480, 1311078958626.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7637723
Don't listen to his story

LISTEN TO MY SONG

>> No.7637750

>>7637721
/jp/ on the bottom, the high school system on the top.

>> No.7637753
File: 51 KB, 720x480, [GrimRipper]_Revolutionary_Girl_Utena_Ep25_[Remastered_R2J]_[Dual_Audio]_(5ffe8406).mkv_snapshot_04.24_[2011.07.11_11.08.24].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7637749

>> No.7637754

I was forced to be in the top class actually. And by forced I mean was offered a place and accepted.

There was this one neonazi kid who wanted to convince me it was actually an undercover social retard class and the reason he was rejected was not because of his violent school history but because his violent school history shows he is alpha as fuck and not autistic.

So if you ask him, it was the retard class, but it was still of my own free will.

>> No.7637759

I was painfull fucking average at everything, maybe below average. Just couldn't give a fuck about school no matter how hard I tried. Always playing vidya constantly.

>> No.7637760
File: 29 KB, 800x600, 1311079393364.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7637754
Because you need an elaborate conspiracy to trick autists into thinking they're amazing and perfect at everything, right?

>> No.7637761

I got about 70% on all my tests and exams.

It makes me sad to think what I could have accomplished if I actually prepared beforehand like every other kid in class.

>> No.7637763

I got about 90% on all my tests and exams.

It makes me sad to think what I could have accomplished if I actually prepared beforehand like every other kid in class.

>> No.7637766

I got about 80% on all my tests and exams.

It makes me sad to think what I could have accomplished if I actually prepared beforehand like every other kid in class- wait, fuck that, I studied my ass off for my grade. I'm proud of my 80%.

>> No.7637784

>>7637663
I knew it, Ralph.

>> No.7637787

>>7637759
There was never any reason for anyone to try doing good in school. Most of the grades you get won't even matter, it's nearly impossible to fail as long as your attendance is high enough, and even when you get to the point where grades actually matter, you'll need to have some specific ambition that requires high grades if you want to motivate yourself to change your study habits. Where I came from, you were considered a nerd if you studied too much, so no getting encouraged by your peers to work hard, and even if your parents set up some awesome reward system, if you were a smart kid, you would realize that what you were getting wouldn't really be worth the workload you had to put into it.

>> No.7637797

I was never put in a class for people like that, OP. English has always been one of my favorite subjects. I was supposed to compete in my school's spelling bee. My teacher would act very surprised every time I spelled a word correctly and when I won I had no idea how to react so I just kind of stood looking downward with this dumb smile on my face. I felt very akward and out of place. I was always the lazy kid in the back of the class. No one bothered me; infact I'm sure very people even aknowledged my existance. When I got home that day I told no one at home what had happened and when the day of the spelling bee came I simply didn't go. I surely would have had some kind of breakdown if I had won and all those people were to look at me. Even today I really dislike when people look at me.

Nowadays instead of doing much anything I enjoy writing kopipe and short stories for /jp/.

>> No.7637803

>>7637797
Can I look at you?

>> No.7637810

Nope, I was lazy and quit in the 10th grade... a choice which I'll be paying for until the day I die. After checking out the evaluation test for a GED though (going outside, it's gross I know), I could've passed that shit in grade school. So at least I know I'm not (too) retarded.

>> No.7637816

>>7637797
I was, however, forced to attend an extra hour of school everyday due to my lack of homework. A normal day had seven classes about an hour long each, so this extra class was called eigth hour. It was basically detention. You were supposed to sit there silently and do homework work until the hour passed, at which point you were free to go home. If you distrupted the silence you were obliged to attend the next day. It was so unfair because there was a teacher named Ms. Lee who had a very thick Asian accent who happened to be one of the English teachers. As she struggled to read the names on the student's slips I would always laugh. I couldn't help it. Sometimes she would switch rooms with another teacher and you could still hear her struggling with her pronunciation through the walls of the now-silent school after the majority of its students had left.

>> No.7637827

>>7637803
If you can track me down and come knocking on my bedroom door, then sure.

>> No.7637851

>>7637833
I was once placed in in-school suspension in another school. I think I either said I was going to beat someone up or bring a gun to school. I almost forgot about that until your post reminded me.

>> No.7637883

>>7637851
If I got suspended for every time that I said that I would have never been in normal class. I did threaten a kids life with a pair of scissors though. I was an increadibly violent kid who got a way with a lot. I beat the shit out of the school yard bully that was a grade above me in 4th grade and I almost got expelled. Because of stuff like that it ended up being hard to make friends in school because everyone was afraid of me.

>> No.7637890

Signed up willingly, back when they thought ADD was the same thing as autism.

No, I just like shiny lights, and I can do math perfectly.. But hey if you want to put me in a class where I can be in the corner and work from my own book at my own pace, i'm all for it.

Graduated a year early too.

>> No.7637895

>>7637883
The two people I got in actual fights with ended up becoming my friends later on. I don't know or really care what happened to one of them, but the other one had a little sister who seemed like she was being abused. Back then she was just a little kid who I paid no attention to but now I really hope she's alright.

>> No.7637920

>>7637895
What are you a shounen protag? Your story of that girl reminds me about all the memories of my older sister. She used to beat me all the time and would whip me for at least 5 minutes a day with one of those cat-fishing pole things. A lot of times that it seems like a kid is being abused its usually pretty bad. Most of people who are abused hide it pretty well so if its noticable then you should probably tell someone about it. Ill admit I might have deserved it the time I tried to beat down her door with a hammer because she wouldn't play with me when she had friends over.

>> No.7637983

>>7637920
>She used to beat me all the time and would whip me for at least 5 minutes a day with one of those cat-fishing pole things.
That's pretty hot. Not just a one time thing, but a routine disciplining by your gentle oneesama who sees no other way to deal with her hopeless little brother.

>> No.7637996

>>7637983
Oh, if it could only be something so sweet. Shitfuckingsux man.

>> No.7637998

>>7637983
Last year of middle school - straight As
Last year of high school - half As
First year of university - HD D and C
Last year of university - P P P and Pass
Job status - ?

And of all this is achieved by studying 1day before the exam and generally none in high school. I always looked back now and realized I fucked up by being too cocky. Wasted all my time on /jp/ hobbies and from there is really no turning back. I couldnt study for 1hour straight without pressing F5 or doing /jp/ shit.

I feel that sometimes being a high achiever is detrimental to success since you take everything for granted compare to someone that have to work hard for it.

>> No.7638008

>>7637983
Not quite like that. More face distorted with rage and violent swings with the rod part, or sometimes throwing a cat at me so it would panic and scratch me up. And no one belived me about any of this when I was growing up, she was like a more violent Angelica from the Rugrats. Once she started college and started getting laid regularly by her boyfriend she mellowed out though. Now we watch anime together and she is helping me gather materials for me to crossdress.

>> No.7638009

>>7637998
>being a high achiever is detrimental to success
This is so very true.
I give up on stuff that I may be good at if I work at it, because I'm so used to being naturally good at things.

>> No.7638011
File: 105 KB, 444x361, 1304119350148.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7637998
You sure are a smart one.

>> No.7638013

>>7637998
are you me

>> No.7638012

I had a perfect grades in a junior school, middle in a middle school and shitty in a high school.

>> No.7638021

>>7637998
I think it's possible to change your study habits if you find something you actually enjoy studying and it will get you towards a goal in life you feel is worth to work towards.

The problem is just that once you get to university, you realize that life is despair compared to the preview you got of it in high school and that university subjects being more fulfilling to study was just a lie your parents told you to make you stay in school.

>> No.7638027

>>7638021
It doesnt work that way.
When you go through 12years of doing nothing and still passing your class, it is not easy to kick the habit.
If it is that easy, I would have left browsing /jp/ years ago.

And studying what you like? You think a master degree in eroge/anime/manga culture can get you any jobs?

>> No.7638038

I was always the quiet kid who got As and Bs, never talked to anyone and went straight home to play video games every day. The only time I wasn't in the top class was when the German teacher said "anyone who isn't taking German for the next 2 years go to the lower set from now on". Instead of actually learning new words and things we did children's word searches and crosswords.

>> No.7638042
File: 92 KB, 320x370, 1307269659415.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>studying to get a job
I cant understand you people. Are you forced by your parents to do something like that?

>> No.7638044

>>7638042
I'm studying because I don't want to leave school and grow up.

>> No.7638046
File: 8 KB, 336x264, 1311087265363.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7638044
Than: Be a man and stand for your NEETness!

>> No.7638049

>>7638042
By studying you can work less for $$$ compare to someone with no degree that have to work much more with min wage.

When shit hit the fan, your parents cant afford to support you anymore and kick you out of the house it is a good fallback.

>> No.7638053

>>7638027
It takes some time, but I know from experience that it's possible. It's just that you will realize one of the following things during university:
1. The high paying career you had planned out is only high paying because it's extremely boring and/or extremely tough, so no one else wants to do it.
2. The fun career you had planned out doesn't really offer anything of value to the job market, or the job market for it is oversaturated, making it very competitive and low paying, because everyone wants fun jobs.

That's what makes motivation impossible.

>> No.7638052

>>7638021
>find something you actually enjoy studying and it will get you towards a goal in life you feel is worth to work towards
No such thing. My goal is to not work.

>> No.7638057

>>7637998
Hello me.

Side note: In 7 hours I'm sitting a supplementary examination after having failed a final exam (by 5%). What am I doing instead of sleeping or studying? Browsing /jp/.
Studying the night before I managed to get a D, C and C for my other topics. Probably not something to continue in future though.

>> No.7638062

>>7638049
Except that the degrees that actually make you a more valuable employee will demand more work hours than a job.

>> No.7638063

>>7638053
>fun jobs
No such thing unless you can get a job where people pay to go on a vacation or eat good food for review.

>> No.7638064

>>7638053

>realize one of the following things during university:

I'm surprised you didn't put "realizing that you are starting life tens of thousands of dollars in debt" but whatever.

Oh, and for anyone wondering what they might do in college don't go into comp sci unless you want a useless degree. It's so oversaturated it might as well not even be a choice.

>> No.7638068

>>7638064
>I'm surprised you didn't put "realizing that you are starting life tens of thousands of dollars in debt"
Maybe he's not an American. There is free education out there, you know.

>> No.7638074

>>7638063
But my parents and teachers told me I could have any kind of job I wanted as long as I did well in school!

>> No.7638075

I was in special ed in elementary school. Then they realized I was fucking brilliant and just didn't like to put up with their bullshit like effort-based grading and reviewing every concept 80 times for the retards.

>> No.7638077
File: 96 KB, 1024x768, 1311088161553.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7638074
You are not in elementary school anymore.

>> No.7638078

>Advanced class in elementary
>Selective entry high school

>> No.7638079

>Was anybody here forced to be in the retard class at school?

Anybody in an American public school is in a retard school, by default.

>> No.7638080

The only kind of work i'd be willing to do is like night security, or something similar.

Basically getting paid to be on my laptop and not deal with other people, or sweep/mop or something like that.

Unfortunately theres nothing like that here, and I lack the money to go elsewhere, living in the woods sucks. I can't even get decent internet.

Disability is good enough.

>> No.7638085

Posting with a Touhou image makes it related.

>> No.7638090

>>7638080
Is security really that sweet, though? I've been thinking about it, but some guy here said something about it being the best worst job. Not completely sure what he meant by that, but it didn't sound that nice.

>> No.7638092

>>7638090
Depends on the place.

If you're an actual belt and flashlight security guard, you'll have to walk around and write reports and shit every hour or so.
If you're the night desk guy at a hotel, then its pretty fucking sweet.

>> No.7638103

>>7638092
>night desk guy at a hotel
Don't they have to do accounting shit?

>> No.7638113

>>7638103
Sometimes.
And you literally do more math playing MMOs than that.

>> No.7638115

For a couple of minutes?
If my memory serves me right, it was a mistake. I thought it was nice since retards are not scary (those ones anyway) and I liked very much the idea of having a single dedicated teacher for 10 peoples and actually helping you instead of someone having to do displine and being unhappy with his job. Anyway that still mean that a teacher thought I was retarded if they made the mistake, how depressing.

>> No.7638126

>>7638113
I'm not that scared of the math, just the workload. There's a huge difference between spending half an hour filling out the accountancy for the day and making sure it balances, then spending the rest of your shift playing eroge while keeping an eye up for any customers, and spending your whole shift filing all their financial papers.

>> No.7638135

No, I was in the gifted program.

Which sucks, because the one thing I needed to be taught in elementary was a proper work ethic.

>> No.7638140

>>7638135
Our school has a "gifted and talented" list, which was basically anyone who paid attention in class and wasn't dumb as a brick.

>> No.7638142

>>7638140
Sounds about right. I took the offer because I had next to no friends at my old school. I still didn't have a lot of friends, but at least they were smart friends.

>> No.7638143

>>7638135
Yeah, same here.
Made everything including GCSE without learing or even caring for the subject. Literally spent 12 years of school sleeping, still ended in the top third of students.

Then…
BAM! University.
>nope.avi

>> No.7638144

>>7638140
>has
that should be "had". I'm not in that school anymore.

>> No.7638154

I was always just going with the flow, got decent grades, never studied, etc just did it because i did it, I did my first year in college and passed everything but one class only because the the teacher was a asshole. I did get some depression and anxiety and for some reason i still have it during the summer..

>> No.7638158

>>7638140
I wish my school had a program like that. They were too damned afraid of treating people unequally, meaning they had to minimize the consequences of getting good or bad grades. And since people are shaped by their environment, everyone got dragged down to the same level as the lazy ones. Studying was a shameful thing, since none of the cool kids studied.

>> No.7638172

I was a good student in elementary, then I burned out and become a huge aspie in middle school. I think I might have changed medicines during that time. I eventually stopped in high school, where I slept through everything.

Maybe I subconsciously realized that everything they were teaching me was worthless and stopped listening.

>> No.7638176

>>7638158
So it's socialist education.

>> No.7638195

>>7638176
Yes. Such is life in Scandinavia.

>> No.7638290

I was because I never did my work and they thought I was dumb. Seems it was the wrong move though as it only made me skip class more.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action