[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 11 KB, 263x400, 1289343151559.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7628238 No.7628238 [Reply] [Original]

Real life sucks. I want to go back to school.

I work 12 hours a day. Add an hour break and the one hour commuting time and I don't even have time for the errands I don't want to do in the first place. I haven't eaten anything outside of work other than Dunkin Donuts which is the only thing within walking distance. I haven't watched any anime since I started. I pretty much wake up, go to work, come back and sleep, and repeat forever.

Why didn't anyone tell me real life sucks so much?

>> No.7628256

/jp/ - Just Personal (Life)

>> No.7628259
File: 20 KB, 341x300, 1310864559320.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7628260

because if they'd warned you you might have planned ahead instead of wasting your youth and your allowance importing shit from japan. can't have that.

>> No.7628275

I do the same thing everyday as you OP only I don't go to work.

>> No.7628282

>>7628238
Welcome to real life pal.
At least you don't have to take some of the work home with you. I usually spend the train trip and the time before going to bed going through emails, reading work related literature and planning ahead.

What's your job, btw?

>> No.7628284
File: 164 KB, 463x600, 1310865336606.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That image reminds me of my left uniboob. For some reason my left pec is bigger and fatter than my right.

One of these days I'll get it checked out and find out I have male breast cancer.

>> No.7628287

>>7628282
Engineer at a company that does testing (mostly car crashes and shit)

>> No.7628288

I know your feel OP. to make matters worse the govt is rolling back entitlements because of the debt so you can't even take it easy in life by using your social disorder(s) to get monthly autism bux either.

The future is bleak for both worker and hikki.

>> No.7628292

I don't know what you are talking about, people kept saying this to me every day just looking around myself only confirmed it and now they wonder why I don't want to work. That and to stop wasting my time with videogames all day but is it wasting my time if that's what I want to do? I don't think so.

>> No.7628304
File: 89 KB, 1280x720, 1310865695616.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nice blog, 3DPD, etc.

>> No.7628313

Please delete your image OP.

>> No.7628319

Shut up and smoke some weed.

>> No.7628315

doesn't america has eight-hour working day and maximum workweek set to 44 hours?

>> No.7628320

>>7628315
No. Are you kidding? People would starve.

>> No.7628328

>>7628320
read your law then
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-hour_day#United_States

>> No.7628330

>>7628288
you're that bitter repubtard who always talks about how hikki are losing their funding from the government are you? the majority of the money is from state funds. keep crying.

>> No.7628333

>>7628238
>>7628282
That's not real life, that's slavery. Figure out how to make money in other ways.

>> No.7628338

School and work were both equally miserable for me, work was just a bit more exhausting. I don't want to do either.

>>7628315
Hahaha
no.
People will fight for overtime hours

>> No.7628340

Hourly laws only apply to employees that earn wages by the hour. Salaried employees work whatever hours they need to.

>> No.7628341

I don't work and I think my life is pretty damn awesome.

>> No.7628343

>>7628315

Yes. When you are hourly pay maximum hours are 44 per week, 31-44 hours = full time. However the difference is, if you are on salary, I.E. a contract. Your work load is magnified to the point you often have to come in and do 50-60 hour weeks.

>> No.7628354

>>7628343
Which is why when you agree to the salary, you should do so with the understanding that the salary actually matches your expected workload. People hear the numbers and go SCORE, but then they start working, and it's seriously difficult and time consuming.

They pull in money for having no free time and developing health problems.

>> No.7628362

>>7628354

True, they do it intentionally. Every manager i've ever had regrets taking a salary position. After that then it's difficult to go back as you can easily become overqualified at most jobs.

>> No.7628361

>Pectus excavatum
Fuck, that sucks.

I understand your're are pain OP, but it's not as bad as in the barracks, I can guarantee that to you.

Well, I hope the world ends in 2012, because I also don't want to work anymore.

>> No.7628390

>>7628362
overqualified? how does it work?

>> No.7628405

>>7628390

In the US, if you have put a job, say managing a store for 4 years down. While you're applying as a cook or a waiter because that's all you could get. Sometimes a Manager will see you as demanding (unless you are desperate) or as a usurper to his authority.

Then again this almost never happens.

>> No.7628410

>>7628390

it's a mentality thing. There are too many "I have two more degrees and 50x the experience needed for this job. I deserve a more fitting job and better pay, and will demonstrate this feeling at every possible chance"

That, and it's harder for companies to negotiate low salaries with people who know what the job is worth and aren't desperate for money.

>> No.7628411

>>7628390
If you have prior experience, you are expected to be paid more than someone with experience lesser than you would be paid.

Most (all) managers refuse to pay good money for good work, so they hire people with less experience who will work for less, to do the same job, except do it worse.

Having experience can be a curse. They will often refuse to hire you, even if you offer to work for less. If you DO work for less, then future employers will expect you to start at around the last figure you were employed for.

Why? Because managers are often the scum of humanity. They look out for only one thing: money. The problem is, they save a penny (not hiring you), to cost a nickel (hiring retards that fuck up everything). But managers never suffer for it.

They just get promoted.

>> No.7628419

>>7628411

Every response got progressively more detailed.

>> No.7628424

>>7628411
>>7628410
>>7628405
wow, thanks for the replies

>> No.7628429
File: 419 KB, 1500x1500, 1310867931529.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7628390
I post on /jp/ 12 hours a day. Add an hour break and the one hour commuting time and I don't even have time for the errands I don't want to do in the first place.

>> No.7628435

>>7628429

>Commuting.

Shouldn't you be making fuckton royalties on all the Touhou merchandise that gets sold?

>> No.7628447
File: 183 KB, 1240x1754, 1310868319448.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wow, I know you guys are all unemployed but you really think that companies can't ask wage employees to work more than 44 hours a week? I've been scheduled for 60 and taken extra overtime.

>> No.7628465

>>7628447

Its not a matter of wether they can, its wether they should. Its grossly unfair to ask someone to give up all their free time to put in some extra hours at the office when they just want to kick back and take it easy.

>> No.7628474

>>7628287
Thanks, this actually makes me feel a lot better about dropping out of engineering after realizing the workload was way too high for someone not willing to dedicate his life to it.

Why must it be so hard to find a career where you get some decent pay by the hour, without having to sacrifice all your free time for it? Money is worthless if you have to sell away the time you could have spent enjoying the benefits of having money.

>> No.7628476

>>7628474
Just quit engineering too after 2 years. Fuck that shit.

>> No.7628483
File: 400 KB, 745x720, 1310868937803.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7628429
>akiha82.jpg

>> No.7628488

>>7628474
That's life. You spend most of the time doing what you have to do, so in the little time you have you can do what you really like to do.

>> No.7628496

>>7628447

That's without overtime, and most employers would avoid overtiming at all costs

>> No.7628521
File: 71 KB, 848x480, 1310869637522.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7628238
I think I have a solution to your problem.

>> No.7628531

I only have 4 classes left and i graduate.

>> No.7628559

Sounds like you got a shit job. Plus at least you are making money in your life.

>> No.7628577

>>7628411
So if I don't have experience, no one will hire me, but if I do, no one will hire me?

>> No.7628576

>>7628465
>> when they just want to kick back and take it easy.

Not really. I work in a shitty call center, and I know plenty of co-workers who slack off and do shit work on their regular hours so that they can crunch in overtime work.

>> No.7628585

I just started a job myself.
I work for the party van.
I spend all day cracking truecrypts and cataloging evidence.
Same thing as OP though, I get up at 7, get home at 19:30. 2 hours before I need to sleep. I get weekends off though.

>> No.7628605

>>7628577
Lie in resume and interview, or in business speak, "tailor" your answers to the bullshit they want to hear. Either over or underplay your experience, then make up some fool proof story demonstrating that experience.

Playing the job market is like being a hallucinating NEET, if you think about it. You just have to write a fantasy story (work experience) for the audience (HR manager/company)

>> No.7628630

>>7628605
Good luck. HR interviewers can smell bullshit. The reason retards get hired to fabulous positions is because they know someone in the company that overrides the interviewer, thereby making the whole process a rope and pony show.

There are three ways to work: never exceed expectations, but don't be so bad that you get docked; exceed expectations, and be the guy responsible for correcting the slackers' work, forever, with shitty pay; or know someone, get a cushy job, and stay off the radar.

Manager positions require contracts with the devil, forfeiting your humanity, and submitting to the sodomy order: know who you sodomize, and go prone for the one who will sodomize you.

When you get into the position to overtake the one currently sodomizing you, be brutal, be efficient, and be thorough.

Then, go back to doing nothing of importance. Alternatively, get involved, and fuck up everything for the one guy that is doing everyone else's work.

I swear, I'm not jealous. Being in management is its own hell.

>> No.7628661

this is why you save up every penny you get from working and live extremely cheaply and then retire early and take it easy for the rest of your life, or you just get lucky and sue the place you work for

>> No.7628705

Or you, you know, start a business, be your own boss, and fuck the little guys too stupid to start a business and be their own boss.

>> No.7628717

>>7628705
You obviously haven't looked at startup failure rates.

You'll probably do three-to-four startups before even becoming mildly successful, and you have to not fuck up the earlier ones in order to continue getting financing.

It's not easy. At all.

>> No.7628749

>>7628630
Playing the game requires strong communication skills to negotiate and to reach out to people.

Knowing how to talk to people gets your ass hired. A retard isn't much of a retard if they can convince others that they're worth investing into, especially if they lack the skills or knowledge for the position. It really doesn't matter how much you know or how strong a fit your skill set is for a company. If you're socially retarded, people will prefer the dumbshit who invokes confidence than the smart guy who can't communicate with others.

tl;dr- Learn how to be sociopathic well enough that bullshit lies sound like reality. People in positions that require decisions, including HR managers, highly value that skill for obvious reasons.

>> No.7628759

>>7628749
>Learn how to be sociopathic

I've been trying for weeks but keep failing because of my emotions. Is there a way I can silence them without drugs?

>> No.7628770

>>7628749
Being socially proficient and having the skill of an unusually ugly rock is not proof of any superiority at all. It will get you hired, but you'll just be another sycophantic parasite.

>> No.7628775

Once i am done with my shit 2 ear degree for liberal arts,which i took because i didnt know what else to do, im gonna have no idea what to do.. I dont want to get a job that fucks with my life.., you only fucking live once, i want to live it easy.

>> No.7628779

If you have no money, no education beyond High School, and no connections or friends, you are effectively dead within several days of roaming the streets. Getting a job is impossible in modern times; if you look over all the job listings for entry-level work (that means a minimum wage of 6-7 dollars per hour) everybody, without exception, demands at least 2 years of experience in their field and preferably a college degree. This is not only professional jobs--although my use of "professional" is loose as I am referring to mediocre office and clerical jobs--you will not be able to find work at fast food, retail, or even janitorial places.

Never mind that if you were to get a job you would only have a very small amount of income with which to live on. Considering the massive inflation that has taken a toll on food and gasoline prices in the past decade, you would be lucky to have any money left after being able to eat 1-2 meagre meals a day, never mind 3 full meals.

And if you managed to get this far? It only gets harder. Finding apartments for rent is even more frustrating than finding a job. No landlord will ever give you the time of day if you have no respectable credit history accumulated over years and years of monthly credit borrowing, loaning, and paying. To even get loans in the first place you would need good credit: a catch-22.

>> No.7628782

>>7628779
God help you if you ever buy a car. If we assume you managed to obtain a car with a clean record that is perfect and never breaks down (which is impossible under the pricetag of at least five thousand dollars), you will need to pay monthly for insurance and weekly, if not daily, for gasoline. Yearly, you need to undergo an inspection. If you get caught driving without insurance or an outdated inspection, you will be penalized harshly and forced to pay absurd ticket prices. If you accidentally park, drive, or do anything illegal with your car you will once again be ticketed for money you do not have and cannot afford to give.

The conclusion? There is no American dream. People cannot build themselves up from "nothing." Children in third world countries have better employment opportunities than you. Everything will forever be out of your reach financially and if you should ever come close to grasping anything you will inevitably experience a streak of extremely bad luck leaving you homeless and destitute once again, back to square one. This isn't just America; this is all first world Western "democracies." It's the truth wherever you go in modern society. You are forced to socialize and labour to survive.

>> No.7628783

/jp/ - /adv/ 2.0

>> No.7628806

>I pretty much wake up, go to work, come back and sleep, and repeat forever.

UP
WORK
HOME
TV
BED
UP
WORK
HOME
TV
BED
UP
WORK
HOME
TV
BED
UP
WORK
HOME
TV
BED
UP
WORK
HOME
TV
BED

>> No.7628810

If life is so terrible and there's no hope of it improving, why bother with it at all?

>> No.7628818

Doesnt HR need to tell you your work hours if you take a salaried position?

>> No.7628819

>>7628810

because giving in is for faggots

>> No.7628821

>>7628810

Because figures and onaholes cost money.

>> No.7628829 [DELETED] 

That feel when you actually get a lot of time off from work, but you don't know what to do with it. I was seriously considering accepting an invitation to go to a club with people from work. I am that bored.

>> No.7628833

>>7628829
What? I would be thrilled if my co-workers invited me out.

>> No.7628838
File: 1.65 MB, 507x551, 1310875181926.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel for you OP, it's exactly how my life seems to be going. I work two job, one full-time and another part-time. Usually I clock about 62 hours a week.

I hate work so much that I'm going back to college part-time this fall and full-time the semester after that. Fuck life, I can't even take it easy with a Bachelor degree. I need a Master's just so I can have the things I want - now.

>> No.7628836

>>7628770
Who gives a shit about superiority or being a sycophant if it gets you a job? Principles don't pay the bills nor do they help with career advancement.

Compare two people: socially proficient sycophant and socially inept smart guy. Socially proficient sycophant advances up the corporate ladder using minimal skills and technical knowledge. In the same amount of time, socially inept smart guy stays in the same exact corporate level. He may know a shit ton more than his managers, but no one of importance will neither recognize nor reward him for his efforts. What's worse is that socially inept guy only has his skills to bank on. If someone else outperforms him or if something makes his skills irrelevant, he's screwed. As for socially proficient sycophant, he knows many people who can put in a good word for him. Who does socially inept smart guy know? Without exposure to upper level positions, he'll be exposed to fewer, important people who can vouch for his abilities.

Now imagine if both go back into the job market at the same time. Who will have more to say and talk about? The sycophant who knows how to communicate results and has shining recommendations from former bosses despite lacking actual talent, or the smart guy who labored in the same niche job doing work that no one of significance really appreciated?

tl;dr- Kissing ass and knowing how to lie to serve your best interests is a skill. A "superior" skill is debatable, but it's an incredibly valuable skill that can easily trump technical ability and knowledge.

>> No.7628871

>>7628836
It's a good way to milk a collapsing system, that's for damn sure. Three generations of sycophantic office culture has certainly hastened America's general demise. An inbred political culture that is basically worse will finish us all off.

You can only eat at the decaying corpse for so long, faggot. Someone, somewhere, has to actually do some work.

>> No.7628926 [DELETED] 

>>7628871
>>Someone, somewhere, has to actually do some work.

And who is that person? You? Enjoy being a bitch to several bosses forever. Also note that I currently hold a job where I am more of the socially inept smart guy than the sycophant. And I say what I say because it's very clear to see that all you value is working hard and not acting like incompetent sycophants, chances are you will remain a lowly corporate peon and that those same sycophants will run your ass to the ground. You either eat, get eaten, or fight for scraps. Don't like being a part of a rotting corpse? Go back to school where you philosophical crap will be appreciated. Corporate is dead and has been dead for a long ass time. You either rot with it or get the fuck away from it.

>> No.7628934
File: 36 KB, 504x662, 1310876783056.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wow, you guys make office work out to be just as bad as I always suspected.
Why did you do that to yourselves?

>> No.7628940

>>7628871
>>Someone, somewhere, has to actually do some work.

And who is that person? You? Enjoy being a bitch to several bosses forever. Also note that I currently hold a job where I am more of the socially inept smart guy than the sycophant. And I say what I say because it's very clear to see that if all you value is working hard and not acting like incompetent sycophants, chances are you will remain a lowly corporate peon and that those same sycophants will run your ass to the ground. You either eat, get eaten, or fight for scraps. Don't like being a part of a rotting corpse? Go back to school where you philosophical crap will be appreciated. Corporate is dead and has been dead for a long ass time. You either rot with it or get the fuck away from it.

>> No.7629014

>>7628934
I wanted to get by with a bachelors. Found nothing that really interested me in college, and I wanted to work, gain experience, and find myself, so to speak... And then I decided to work in corporate.

And I thought depression from roneriness was bad. The misery and hopelessness is like a whole different level of hell.

>> No.7629092

>>7628940
Drown in it, if you want to. A new model will arise, because it'll have to.

>> No.7629417

>>7628940
So if you dont want to work in corporate where CAN you work?

>> No.7629469

We said it many many times.
It's your fault for only being here since the start of summer break

>> No.7629600

/jp/ - White Collars\General

>> No.7630290
File: 115 KB, 1024x576, 1310905641440.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm starting to seriously consider entrepreneurship. It might be extremely risky, but isn't it better to risk everything on something that might pay off, than dooming yourself in misery for the rest of your life just to make enough to get by?

I just hope I'm right that I wouldn't be so socially retarded if I could just learn to deal with my fear of crowds.

>> No.7630367

>>7628749
Proof of concept; I work for a technology company and we just hired a new sales rep.. relevant work experience? 10 years of used car sales...

You would think as a technology company that you would hire.. oh I don't know.. technical people?

nope.jpg

>> No.7630373

>>7628806
>2011
>still watching TV

>> No.7633062

>>7628488
Sure, if you're a retard. Those with slightly more intelligence get paid doing what they really like.

>> No.7633072

>>7630373

This isn't /a/ retard, don't post like that.

>> No.7633085

The FedGov trains me for three months, gives me credentials and a gun then puts me in a booth with computer all day just to check people going into a building.

Behold: The glorified security guard. Best worst job ever.

>> No.7633137
File: 6 KB, 300x150, 1310961855301.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7628288
Antisocials of all classes! You do not simply share the same enemy. You are one! Just as the industrial workers and peasants joined together a century ago to secure their interests, so too must the shutins and the people who get payed to stare at a screen all day.

>> No.7633147

>>7628238
>willingly becoming a peasant
>bitching how life is treating him unfairly
idiot detected

>> No.7633149

>>7633147
That's it, I've had it with you. I'm going to have to teach you some manners since your mother never did.

>> No.7633153

>>7628779
Complete bullshit. I was making $10/hour in high school with no other experience.

>> No.7633163

>>7628871
I agree with this and I have exactly the sort of worthless job you're talking about. I think i'm providing the same value to society (0) now as my years as NEET, except now I'm making money for it.
I don't feel especially bad about it, but I know it won't last and I don't know what to do. I don't see much option but to ride it out as long as I can.

>> No.7633178

All those years in college and all you have is a piece of paper,mounting debt and no job.

>> No.7633181

>>7633149
so you would hit me over the internet even though i am a little girl?

>> No.7633192

>>7628238
Must suck to be an uncreative NEET. I do affiliate marketing online and poker, you jelly I make a living doing what I like with no high school education.

Plus, I watch an hour of anime per day. Kawaii desu!

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action