[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 49.00 MB, 1600x1084, Badass Shiki.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
749662 No.749662 [Reply] [Original]

You know, after reading the third chapter, I'm honestly extremely surprised at third Shiki Ryogi's motivations and interests. I think I prefer my initial interpretation of her character, you know, the cold-but-not-really Tsundere with the power of moe, not, you know, a murder-crazed psycho bitch that kept way too many of SHIKI's attributes.

And now I'm routing for manly Souren. Goddamn it Nasu.

>> No.749676

She keeps Kokuto around precisely for that reason. He's so normal that she can get away from that.

>> No.749700

>>749662

What, Soren too MANLY FOR YOU!?

>> No.749718

So how long is it going to take for the next movie to be released on DVD?

>> No.749720
File: 35 KB, 852x480, 1212469838391.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what's the matter, TOO PSYCHO for you?

>> No.749804

>>749700

Souren is basically what Roa would be if he had dropped out of college. Lacking the Overdrive and generally not getting his priorities straight.

>> No.749811

>>749720

SPICE MUST FLOW

>> No.749954

>>749804
At least Souren knows what he is striving for, and he clearly knows and understands his feelings. Roa, while he is an excellent sorcerer with extreme talent, doesn't even know that all that he's been doing is for that he's in love with Arcuied.

Besides, Souren lives and keep his conscience for 200 years, while Roa, well Roa never gets to live long enough in his new reincarnated bodies once his personality surfaced. And his conscience is gradually fading away too.

>>749662
>I think I prefer my initial interpretation of her character, you know, the cold-but-not-really Tsundere with the power of moe

Well, actually your initial impression on her is the correct one if you ask me.

>> No.750005

>>749662
That's not the knife she had in the OVA!
The one in the OVA wsa double-edged!

>> No.750011

Murder-crazed psycho bitch > Cold-but-not-really tsundere

>> No.750034

>>750011

Usually I'd agree, but it just caught me off guard in a bad way. Yanderes are hot, but maybe it's because I didn't want Shiki to turn out like that.

>> No.750036

>>750034

She hasn't.

>> No.750042
File: 34 KB, 852x480, 1212474975186.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>750005

>> No.750049

Shiki concentrates. Asagami Fujino is a strong enemy that might be the best she'll ever meet. One mistake could cost her life. That is pleasant, that makes Shiki feel that she is alive. For Shiki, normally bound by her past, only this moment is real. This sensation that she is able to feel only when putting her life in danger. That small life of hers that she can declare as her own. Kill or be killed. Since even her normal life is vague, Shiki can feel life only by such primal methods as this. If Asagami Fujino seeks pleasure in murder... Ryohgi Shiki seeks the sensation of life by relating with murder. Fujino fears this situation.... and Shiki wishes for this situation. That is the difference between the hunter and the hunted. The difference between the two is definite now.

>> No.750066

>>750042
Oh shit,must've been my imagination then.
Too bad,a double-edged knife would fit better.

>> No.750148

>>749954

Only Ciel ever correctly described how Roa worked. Ignore every other character’s interpretation.

Roa's “soul” is automatically transferred to a new body each time he is destroyed. This much is obvious, however, his original "mind" had already expired by the second transfer. His consciousness and personality in the way you're describing had already fizzled away, however his memory, knowledge, and power still remained, and this memory and knowledge is expanded with each new lifetime. When he enters a new host, the host still has all of the personality traits they obtained throughout their lifetime, however, being flooded with Roa’s memories changes their original opinions. Since we’re all shaped by our experiences, it’s easy to see how each of Roa’s hosts develop similar tastes to the original. See what I mean? Of course, Nasu has said that Roa’s memories only appear gradually, which explains why he was such a pushover in Tsukihime and why Arc was able to beat him continually. If he’s able to cultivate for a couple months or so he’d probably be able to put up a fight against Arcueid (besides the whole planet automatically making her stronger thing).

One final big thing I'd like to point out is that Roa pretty much pierced the mysteries of the soul through and through centuries before Souren was even born and in much less time then Souren has lived. Too bad neither got the whole "death" thing right.

>> No.750193

>>750049
Someone edit this so they fuck instead.

>> No.750277

>>749662
Sauce of pic?

>> No.750600

>>749662
Two things: First, Shiki in combat is very different from Shiki in her everyday life. In the first movie, Shiki doesn't come with the desire to fight, she comes to get Kokutou back. The third chapter is the first time one actually sees her fight for the thrill of it, but as she says at the end, through the fight, she's gained a something new, which actually mellows her out in a sense. If you recall the chronology is Chapter 2, 4, 3, 1, 5, 6, 7. When she awakes in 4, she's still very much completely hollow inside, and lacks a sense of self. But that's part of what she gains in her fight with Fujino in chapter 3, which is what leads her to the more human Shiki you see in chapter 1, 5 and thereafter. In fact, during 5 and after she actually starts to get even more cute. In the 5th chapter she finally uses her true combat style for the first time in her fight against Souren--that of a complete personality swap from the normal everyday self into the self trained and honed specifically for the purpose of combat.

Also, Souren isn't obsessed with death or even overcoming it at all. Souren collects death as he views death to be the record left behind by humanity, the proof of their existence. He seeks the Aether Swirl (The source of all creation) to finally gain the ultimate wisdom and truly understand the meaning behind humanity's existence. The reason he's capable of his eternal life is because he has managed to tap into the power of his origin, "Cessation", which comes at the price of being controlled by his origin in return--in this case, the cessation of his progression/development, aging, and change (death). However, in chapter 5 as you see, his time runs out, and the blow by Shiki leads him to be overtaken by his origin and his existence finally comes to a complete stop, and ceases to be.

>> No.750602

Coincidentally, his interest in Shiki lies in the fact that her origin is "Mu" or "Nothingness". Essentially the Aether Swirl itself. However, both Shiki and SHIKI are unaware of this, as the true possessor of the origin, is the third personality that exists solely within her body--her flesh, not either of her minds. However, as long as a personality of the mind exists, the personality of the flesh can never be dominant. So while Shiki's third, buried personality is capable of tapping into the Aether Swirl and altering reality itself, that shiki can only come to the surface when both of the other shiki's are either gone or entirely inactive. (The third Shiki is actually the one that Kokuto first meets on that snowing evening in Chapter 2). Souren's goal was to create a path to the Aether Swirl by killing Shiki's personalities to create an empty shell which retained the connection to her origin so that he could take control and use her origin to obtain his answers. However his attempt two years ago failed because "he" (Not Souren, someone else I'm not sure of yet) was Shiki's complete opposite, and as such only one was killed, allowing Shiki to awaken in due time. Which is why this time around he tried using Fujou and Fujino who served as foils to Shiki, but he forever underestimated and misunderstood the true power of Shiki's eyes. They do not perceive death, they perceive that which brings about death upon anything which is active-Spirits, ghosts, phenomenon, magic barriers, anything except for physical barriers themselves. Touko actually laughs at Souren for his mistake telling him that his plan was indeed perfect, but that his premise was wrong: If he truly wanted to seal away Shiki he should have used a solid cement or iron room rather than anything magical. His over-reliance on magecraft, believing it to be the supreme answer is what leads to Souren's undoing.

>> No.750652

Shirazumi Lio...I don't get why he gets all the hate on /jp/. Kara no Kyoukai is just written to make him out as the bad guy, when really he's no worse than any of the 'protagonists' and a better person than most of them.

What are the main complaints? He tried to fuck Mikiya and made it look like that Shiki was the murderer?

Okay, let's get this straight. He didnt fucked up Mikiya . He never did it. He never did it. He never did it. He never did it. Mikiya fucked himself.

Let me ask you this. WHO IN THE NOVEL DIDN'T WANT TO FUCK MIKIYA? You can't even name one fucking character who didn’t want to plug his loose ass! He is the kind of bitch who will act like he doesn't want it when he really does. He'll say No! while having multiple orgasms. Lio knew this, he's a fucking manly man. He knows what filthy man-whores like Mikiya want.

And there's this other big bitch you guys have with him. He supposedly made it look like that Shiki was the murderer.

Objection! He was worried about his one and only precious kohai. Is keeping your loved ones from massacre so wrong? When Mikiya does the same thing to Shiki it's like 'oh he's so manly', but when Lio does it it's wrong? He just wanted to protect Shiki. He probably was going to use Shiki’s connection to Akasha to tighten Mikiya’s ass back up or cure his syphilis or something.

The story was written to make that faggot Mikiya look good. Objectively, Lio is a far better character than Mikiya. At least he has the balls to take action decisively instead of investigating around like Mikiya, and if he weren't stuck with that weak ass power of his and no Mystic Eyes of Death Perception plothax he probably could have won the fight.

>> No.750687

I still prefer Azaka. Every since elementary school she knew she loved Mikya enough that she wanted to lock him away in a room where no one but her could ever lay eyes upon him. And actually lays out elaborate plans to both eliminate the threat of Mikiya recognizing her as a "sister" even down to the moment she would make him fall in love with her in return.

All until random chance threw Shiki in her way--So now she studies magecraft hoping to find a way to overcome Shiki and her eyes in order to take her brother back.

Yandere Azaka = Win.

>> No.750770

>>750042
moar snapshots.

>> No.750777
File: 275 KB, 705x1000, 1212492085524.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>750687

>> No.751014

Call me a newfag, but this is my first time in /jp/. What manga is this from? It looks pretty interesting.

>> No.751024

>>751014
HERE WE G~~~

Nevermind.

Kara No Kyoukai, novel series and movie adaptations.
Translations here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index.php?title=Kara_no_Kyoukai

Doesn't hurt, once in a while.

>> No.751036

>>751024
Awesome. I was hoping someone would be reasonable.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action