[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 11 KB, 247x273, 1283892952794.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7006093 No.7006093 [Reply] [Original]

So I want to know what's the deal with all these eye references in Touhou exactly. We got Unnatural colored eyes (Yellow, Crimson Red, Etc.), Satori's and Koishi's special third eyes, Flandre's powerful eye of destruction, Yukari's tears in space having eyes, and even reisen's eyes that make you crazy.

There any special meaning about the eyes? or does the creator have an eye fetish or something?

>> No.7006097

Eyes are the window to the soul and the seat of mysterious power.

How's that for mixed metaphors.

>> No.7006125

>There any special meaning about the eyes?
Touhous come from mythology.
Mythology tends to be filled with eye symbolism.

>> No.7006230

>>7006125

I never really took mythology but I suppose there are alot of eye symbolisms too, such as Medusa's Gorgon eye

>> No.7006233

Kogasa's heterochroma eyes secretly control all Gensokyo.

>> No.7006334

Imagine if Touhous had no eyes.

>> No.7006358

>>7006334
Fund it, I want a blind itako loli already. We already have Reimu and Sanae, we need an itako already.

In fact, I want to be an itako. I'd be a blind loli priestess, staying chaste and meditating under cold water for hours in order to purify my body and become worthy enough to marry a deity. But when the marriage ceremony commences and my elders determine which deity has chosen me, I'd be surprised to learn that I am to be the wife of Yotahime, not only because we're both girls, but also since Yotahime is half crocodile. But I'd remember my manners and smile brightly while hugging her, her soft, warm skin brushing against my upper body while her cold, reptilian lower half leaves water drops on my skirt. Then she'd surprise me again, kissing me in front of the other priestesses (well, it's not like other itako really mind it, the profession requires being blind and all.), taking my small body in her arms and carrying me all the way to her shrine, where she'd teach me how two girls can act as lovers and claim my body as hers, breaking my hymen and having my virginal blood stain my frilly wedding dress.

I'd then continue my life in her shrine as a dutiful wife and shrine maiden, cooking and cleaning for her despite my blindness. Even though we'd be lovers and sleep together during the night, she'd mostly act as a lazy, perverted elder sister, and I'd even chastise her for ordering too many cast-off figures (it's said that Yotahime demands clay figurines for her worship, but she'd probably switch to PVC in this day and age.) and never leaving her shrine. Due to her interfluence on my body (getting violated by a deity on a daily basis probably changes people), I'd stop aging completely and live with her as a small girl ever after.

Too bad I'll never marry a half-crocodile shut-in deity and live my days as her lesbian lover ;_;

>> No.7006826

So I want to know what's the deal with all these hat references in Touhou exactly. We got Unnatural colored hats (Yellow, Crimson Red, Etc.), Iku's and Tenshi's huge hats, Remi and Flandre's and Yuyuko's mob caps, hair bobbles, snake ornaments, ribbons, and even bunny ears that make you crazy.

There any special meaning about the hats? Or does the creator have a hat fetish or something?

>> No.7006831
File: 64 KB, 211x215, 1295541389395.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7006358

>> No.7006843
File: 26 KB, 400x400, ggX4p.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7006358

>> No.7006883
File: 25 KB, 650x500, 650px-Eye_of_Horus_bw.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

BlueIceBreaker I commend you on creating the most autistic thread in /jp/.

The eye is the most communicative part of the human body. Having such a profound lack of understanding about how this would obviously make it symbolic in nearly every known human culture reveals that you have no understand of neurotypical human thinking.

You don't understand how other people think.

It is profound. It is no wonder you are so poor at social interaction. I'm amazing you're even able to write or read.

But to answer you question: yes, there is special meaning about the eyes.

Pic related, it's the Eye of Wadjat, one of the earliest known Egyptian deities, and as such, one of the earliest known human myths. You will notice that it is, in fact, an eye.

>> No.7006888

>>7006883
It's obviously 2 ice cones connected by a ball of chocolate icecream

>> No.7006917

Why not? Eyes are the most defining element of anime style art. It makes sense Touhous would draw power from them. Also the eye is the mirror of the soul, or is it gateway? Anyways, eyes are important.

>> No.7006952

>>7006093
OP, try to use your brain. Which one is better than the others: blind or amputee ?

>> No.7006991

So I want to know what's the deal with all these dress references in Touhou exactly. We got Unnatural colored dresses (Yellow, Crimson Red, Etc.), Satori's and Koishi's special parallel dresses, Flandre's powerful dress of destruction, Yukari's tears in space having dresses, and even reisen's skirt that is't even a dress

There any special meaning about the dresses? or does the creator have a dress fetish or something?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action