[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 7 KB, 687x387, untitled.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6761245 No.6761245 [Reply] [Original]

Any other NEETs terrified of the thougth of having to work one day and interact with people.

I filling out applications and going to an interview and I feel horrible.

>> No.6761269

No. I would probably have a job by now, but I'm a fucking dumbass and recently discovered I have to call them about my application status.

>> No.6761262

i am, hate making eye contact
prolly ganna kill myself live on ustream someday.

>> No.6761278

No, I'll never have to work thanks to SSI.

>> No.6761284

>>6761269
No you don't...

>> No.6761285

I wouldn't be a hikki if it wasn't for that.
I'll probably kill myself the day I can't sustain myself anymore without having to get a job.

>> No.6761291

i'll never get a job because they require experience
i'll never get experience because they require a job

>> No.6761297

Already experienced that. Quit my job at 16 because I got so anxious, I'd constantly fuck up the transactions and give people the wrong change.

>> No.6761308

>>6761269

>have to call them about my application status

Every job I've gotten (including fancypants office jobs requiring a college degree) I didn't have to do this.

Which leads me to believe if you have to pester them via phone to get the job, they're either morons who aren't paying the fuck attention to doing their own jobs, or power-tripping assholes you don't want to work for regardless.

I can't wait to troll my future co-workers with Touhou wallpapers.

>> No.6761309

>>6761278
>SSI
Fuck my country for not having something like that.

>> No.6761330

>>6761309
It's way better in the UK. You can get compensation for nearly any condition, including obesity. It doesn't affect your employment in any way. You can work a great job and still get money from the government passively. In the US, you need to be declared unable to work to earn full disability(thus making it your only form of income), and the amount you get isn't that much.

>> No.6761368

I have a masters of engineering degree and I am still terrified of working. Thinking about giving it all up and just NEETing forever. And I have been in jobs before, I just can't handle people and work.

>> No.6761377

Actually I'm not, I'm fairly social and I like dealing with people in business situations, most people find me pleasant and I am rarely late to meetings.

I just really don't like people and prefer being alone.
This is something most of my family cannot understand especially when they think I'm alone and are doing me such a "GREAT FAVOR" by visiting me.

I actually had a cousin say to me he thought my life was sad because I spent all my time and money playing video games. When I pointed out that what he spent in alcohol was double what I spent on videogames and I actually had something to show for it he responded with the always classic, always favorite "Well at least I got LAID!"

Somehow having that yelled at me by my bisexual manwhore of a cousin... it kind of loses all impact.

>> No.6761379

I made a phone call today.

>> No.6761403

>>6761379
>can use a telephone to contact other humans

GET OUT OF JP

>> No.6761404

I've been looking around for a job, as my main computer's motherboard died on me. I'd take anything at the moment to get it working again, but living in a shit tier city doesn't help.

>> No.6761419

Desperately trying to find what kind of job I would like to do. I always wanted to write programs but now I'm not sure that I will like it, also I'm already 21 and don't have any experience and degree.

>> No.6761423
File: 189 KB, 329x308, trorlo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6761379

I'm genuinely impressed.

>> No.6761431
File: 82 KB, 571x515, 1291669700196.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6761379
> I made a phone call today.

>> No.6761439

>>6761308
Well, I'm applying for low tier jobs (flipping burgers and stuff) to help with college expenses. I've been at it for 6 months and they tell me to call them because all of the employers around here are nothing but autistic cunts and jerks who hire nobody but their friends.

>> No.6761461
File: 78 KB, 1280x720, [Mazui]_Ore_No_Imouto_-_10_[F226AD4E].mkv_snapshot_13.20_[2010.12.06_22.18.09].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I guess if someone placed me in an office or something and told me to work, I'd do it. But I can't stand the idea of applying for dozens of jobs and trying to make myself seem as impressive and outgoing as possible in order to seem like someone worth hiring, and still only have a tiny, tiny chance of ever being seriously considered, all for a job that hardly interests me at all, because you can't get interesting jobs with my experience/education.

That's why I'm going for one of those education that they claim will guarantee you a job, and doesn't require you to become a normalfag in order to succeed. The greatest fear in my life right now is that my situation will force me to get a job before I manage to acquire said education.

>> No.6761542

Most of us are here on /jp/ because we fucked up somewhere along the way. Things most of us should have done:

1. Get a job during HS instead of taking all those difficult classes for college (You can get into a good college without them)
2. Got more scholarships during the college years instead of taking loans (Loans are a massive scam)
3. Made more connections during college. Should of found people who would help you find a job instead of being a shut-in and studying all day.
4. Never took those "one or two years off from life", it looks really bad on a resume.

There are probably other things that would have been helpful, but those are the ones that I can think of right now.

>> No.6761555

>>6761419
You probably won't like it as much as you thought you'd like it at first, but everything you can get paid for doing is like that, so if you have a slight interest in it, you could do a lot worse. For example, you could stay a NEET for a couple of more years since you're not sure what to do and get completely fucked over when your parents refuse to provide for you anymore, which would in no way be preferable to even the most boring of decent-paying jobs.

At some point we just have to accept that life isn't as ideal as delusional normalfags try to tell us. Not everything will turn out perfectly, you won't discover that you have some huge passion that you can make money off while having the time of your life. But you can inch towards the right direction, going for the outcome that's "not so bad", rather than expecting some miracle to happen that will make every part of your life, including working, fun. In the end, the most important thing is taking it easy, which our kind does best when we are home with our galge and not having any obligations. But you also have to consider your future ability to take it easy, because if you take it too easy now, you won't be able to take it easy later.

>> No.6761558

>>6761379
Good job!
Calling/answering can be really scary.

>> No.6761561

>>6761368
My degree isn't that powerful but otherwise I'm the same. The only jobs you can get with a CS degree are corporate office jobs, and just the thought of that fills me with dread. I wish I had taken a different major.

At least with programming you can freelance. Still requires human interaction and doesn't pay good at all but it's liviable. Hopefully.

>> No.6761614

Yeah, I know that worry.

Unable to find a job and at the end of the money I had, I just found a truck stop around mid-day and laid under it with my knees below the back tires.. A freight truck to the legs broke them beyond repair. A few months of pain that I could never describe with words later, I now get a check every month that pays for mediocre things. That's fine by me - a decent computer, food and a place to sleep is all I need.

The only thing I really miss is standing in the kitchen and making homemade meals.

>> No.6761650

You're all pathetic.

Jobs and social interaction aren't hard. I've never gotten to the interview process and NOT gotten the job.

You know you can hide your powerlevel and still be a completely normal person, right?

>> No.6761668
File: 102 KB, 910x420, 1293314314577.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6761650

>> No.6761672
File: 81 KB, 450x555, reimu_ack.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6761614
This guy is true /jp/.
Such dedication.

>> No.6761673
File: 560 KB, 534x515, .png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6761614
Best be kidding

>> No.6761677

>>6761668

Says the man who is terrified of having to grow up and support himself one day.

Time is ticking, you know. Your parents won't live forever.

>> No.6761694

>>6761291
This. What the fuck, society. I've been stuck in an endless loop of this for 3 years. Feels bad man. All I can really do is volunteer and work for fucking free. Which i've sort of done plenty of anyway.

NEETness is just making me more and more depressed and i'm already seeing a psych. I try to leave the house plenty but do have long periods of not bothering, too.

>> No.6761704

I don't fear interacting with people; I fear interacting with idiots in a situation where I can't just tell them they are idiots and ignore them thereafter.

>> No.6761705

▲▲

>> No.6761706

>>6761614
Lucky bastard, there's no truck stops around here

>> No.6761701

>>6761650
HEEEY GUYZ I JUST TURNED 18 AND I AM SO FUCKING AWESOME XDDDDDDDDDDd

>> No.6761710

I had a brief job at a fast-food joint but I quit because all my brown coworkers were racist against white people.

>> No.6761717

>>6761706
It's simply not possible that there's no way to maim yourself within walking distance unless you live in the middle of ten miles of cornfields.

>> No.6761722

>>6761278
Wait until you get a review and they take it away.

>> No.6761728

>>6761717
Even then, harvesters and other big machines roll through eventually. Lay there long enough and something will crush you.

>> No.6761743

>>6761614
God damn, ouch. What kind of pain meds do you get for something like that?

>> No.6761744

>>6761542
Reading this post made me bust out laughing.

No job during HS, took advanced classes.
Don't bother with scholarships because it's embarrassing to beg people for money, have about $50K in loans.
I'm a shut in in uni, do homework and refresh 4chan every hour I'm not in class or asleep.
My mother wants me to take a year or two off from college to move back in after I admitted to her how I have suicidal tendencies for going to college with no desire to ever get a job or work.

>> No.6761782
File: 290 KB, 800x600, 1246563435574.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6761722
They can't, as my condition hasn't improved. I never go outside other than to doctor/psych appointments. I've already been told I don't have to get a job. Anyway, time for bed.

>> No.6762219

i did 1 and 3, and nearly done 4

also:

5) over protective parents, never got to go out and socilise
6) am truely a bitter virgin at heart. Im a child stuck in a mans body. Can't relate to most other people.

>> No.6762417

>>6761542
I think with #4, it's not as much how the employer sees it as how it affects you. At least from my personal experience, everything in my life went downhill after I quit school to take it easy. On one hand, it might have been inevitable, because I had absolutely nothing to motivate me to go on, which I found after I dropped out, but every day you spend as a NEET makes it harder to get into a job or education again.

>> No.6762619
File: 20 KB, 168x142, yukkuri_reimu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not scared of interacting with other people because I have absolutely no reason to be scared.

>> No.6762742

I want a job, any job.
But
>>6761291

Plus a recession, plus a 30-40% or more unemployment rate here (they say 10%, but you'd have to be fucking stupid to believe that), plus I dropped out of HS (less related to bad grades and more to personal problems, along with staff being more interested in putting up a good image than actually trying to teach), plus I'm 25 with no work experience. (see above)

How the fuck am I supposed to get a job?

>> No.6762758

>>6762417
That's definitely true, my ability to focus and accomplish even the smallest things dropped exponentially after going NEET.

Also the one about not making any lasting connections in college, definitely among my top regrets. I didn't understand until I was already basically done with uni that making contacts in your field who can help you start your professional life is the entire point of college, not the actual textbook junk that you learn in class.

>> No.6762816

>>6762758
For me it was the other way around. I dropped out of school because of depression and after I became a NEET my situation improved dramatically. I still lack the drive to do anything with my life but at least I'm not suicidal anymore. My depression seems to have been replaced with pure apathy. But I definitely feel better than before.

>> No.6762964

I got both the education and connections that would get me a job within a week. It's just that the thought of working and interacting with people on a daily basis send shivers down my spine.
I'm in therapy (only for the welfare money) but I'm a lost cause and I know it.

>> No.6764190

>>6762742
Sup Me, in a few years

>> No.6764268

>>6762758
>making contacts in your field who can help you start your professional life

How do you even do that though?

>> No.6764340

Needed to find a job very badly this time last year. It was actually either find a job or I'm out on the street, so I finally became a temp at a yarn plant.. As a shut in who hasn't left the house in 2 years. It was awful.

Suddenly someone who spends 24 hours a day in their room was spending 8 hour nights in a hot building with about 20 other people who talk a lot about how much they like to get drunk or laid. Suddenly people talking to me and I'm not sure how to respond. Suddenly I hated my life more then than any other period. My coworkers were terrified of me, since I didn't have the programming to socialize I said strange things or nothing at all, turns out they tried to get me fired a lot but it never worked.

I became the fastest at my job and then finally had enough, just walked out unprovoked right in the middle of my shift. That was October 2010, I'm in the same position now that I was in last year, in my MUST FIND JOB stage. I don't mind working, I just hate being around the people, and I thought it would be easier not having to deal with customers.

>> No.6764358
File: 31 KB, 183x278, 43099.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

1. Open Google maps, look for businesses within 3 miles of your house.

2. Drive there and ask for a fucking application, now is your chance to stop being a pussy. Apply to a handfull of places every week. There is a 0% chance of you never being called. There is always some stupid nigger who just got fired.

3. Go to the interview. These things are piss-easy. You can bullshit your way through it by making up experiences that happened in your life. All they are looking for is whether you are a fucking creep or not. Can you act like a normalfag for 15 minutes?

4. Show up, pretend you are in a slice of life anime or something. Do it for a year.

5. You now have job experience and maybe friends, if you are lucky. Enjoy.

>> No.6764376

>>6761650
How do I hide my 25 and never had a job power level?

>> No.6764378

I really don't know how I'm going to manage to get a job when I need to, as I know I'll the most awkward fucking loser that's ever stepped into their interview area. I have no people to use as references, no experience, and don't even have a high school education.

>> No.6764390

Are any of you cute /jp/ females like Pygma-chan? If so, you can move in with me and not do anything all day long. I'll pay for everything, you just have to have sex with me once in awhile.

>> No.6764397

>>6764358
>pretend you are in a slice of life anime
I would rather be confined to NHK and have to listen to that Pururin song coming from next door for the rest of my life than be in a SOL anime.

>> No.6764407

>>6761330

Fellow Brit here, I tremble at the thought of having to have an interview. I'm pretty sure I've got Avoidant Personality Disorder. There any benefits available for that? I don't think I could even muster up the courage to go collect my job seekers allowance when college ends and I need to get a job...

>> No.6764470

Anyone have tips on getting disability?
Registration deadline for college is already past and I'm likely to be kicked out soon enough ('taking time off' will only work so many times).
I basically meet none of the requirements. No one who can attest to my 'disability', no previous work experience, no medical records, no insurance to see a therapist and be diagnosed. Is there still hope?

>> No.6764527

>>6764358
Your plan is totally flawless, make sense and his wondefully crafted. Thank you /r9k/-san.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action