[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 298 KB, 612x846, 1293957729554.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6749517 No.6749517 [Reply] [Original]

I'm referring particularly to the idea that the meta world is in Battler's head, etc. I want to take down the notion some still have it's somehow consistent with the rest of the series.

1) Beatrice's creation

This is probably the most important point, which most people forget.

During Episode 5, Meta-Beatrice withers away and dies. She still acts through piece-Beatrice to some extent, but she bites it when Meta Beatrice does.

???, or /jp/'s interpretation of it, contests that Beatrice, or at least Meta Beato is Battler's creation, or the manifestation of his amnesia.

But Beatrice cannot be Battler's creation in Episode 1, because when Beatrice "dies" he is unable to recreate her. It took the events of Episode 6 to restore her and even then she was not precisely the same.

Then how did he create her in Episode 1? If he did so, she would have been like Chick Beatrice, unless another Episode 6 like series of events(the "thousand years") is shown to happen. But meta-Battler clearly remembers the train of events from Ep 1 up until the end.

He doesn't say in Episode 6 "ah yeah, I remember doing that". It's only with help from the other meta pieces he's able to do that. If we interpret the meta characters to be agents of his restoring memory, then it's something it's only just learned.

The story progresses when Beatrice is restored, like some conclusion has been reached. If Beatrice represents Amnesia, how does this make sense?

I'm fairly certain it is stated in Red that Battler cannot create Beatrice outright, yet this is what would have to happen at the start of the game. If you still believe in red, it contradicts the ending. Either way it doesn't make logical sense.

>> No.6749527
File: 295 KB, 900x1200, Beatrice_golden_witch_preview2_by_diegowl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The "Chick" Beato was born for Battler. This is why he's able to recreate her. However there were parts of Beato as a whole that came about that did not have anything to do with Battler, i.e. it was not possible for Battler to spur the creation of those. In "real life", he created the "Chick" aspect of Beatrice's personality, the blushing maiden. But he did not create Beatrice, Yasu did that on her own.

2) Lambdadelta & Beatrice becoming a witch

Lambdadelta clearly states that she is responsible for Beatrice becoming a witch. We can interpret this to mean that magic doesn't exist on the gameboard, Beatrice was not a real witch but that Lambdadelta, a "real" Voyager Witch, was able to award her this power for the purpose of the game. Episode 7 talks about her being made a witch for 2 days. But according to the "Fantasy" side, she was already a witch.

Most people assumed the meta world was seperate from "fantasy". It was a realm where fantasy could happen, but wasn't quite the real world but another Kakera where all this could happen. Lambda's comments would really suggest this theory. What relevance does Lambda have if she is just part of Battler's Amnesia, or a character invented by Ikuko?

Clearly it is Lambdadelta, not Battler that made Beatrice a "witch". So who is Lambdadelta and what does she represent?

>> No.6749534
File: 212 KB, 776x1200, 1268192781827.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

3) TIPS

What is the purpose of the extra TIPS in general? We only know that Episodes 1-6 were "written" by Hachijo Touya(though this could be BS for all we know). There is never anything mentioned of the TIPS. There is still fiction sustaining the existence of Bern and especially Lambda. The "oh Battler based them on a book he once read" has no evidence to support it, it was just a fourth wall breaking joke.

Since it doesn't mention the TIPs in Episode 8, we cannot assume they are written by Battler. Yet, they describe the events of Umineko and the "Meta" beings in a way that can't be ignored.

Similarly, if you take the Higurashi comment seriously, were the Higurashi tips published with the Novel? If not, how would Battler know about Frederica Bernkastel

4) Ange & Hachijo

Apparently in ??? Ikuko claims that she denied Ange a meeting. But this makes no sense.

She is writing best sellers about a high profile case. It's impossible that Ange wouldn't have had a very urgent need to see her. Would she take no for an answer? If it happens something like Ep.6, where they met, it makes sense. Ange trusted Hachijo to some extent and allowed her to continue in the hope it might get her closer to the truth, but only after she heard everything she had to say. Ange wouldn't take no for an answer - she commands the Ushiromiya wealth; if she gives that up, she becomes a famous author herself. She would have had the resources either way to push libel against the Rokkenjima novels for how they depicted her family.

>> No.6749550

>>6749527
Lambda's sponsorship probably corresponds to the explosion incident that certainly closes the cat box around the island. Will referred to it as the "promised reaper that lowers the curtain regardless of the witch's will", and Kyrie who let the bomb go off said that Lambda was her master in EP6 too.

>> No.6749555

5) Battler's popping out of existence

At one point in the game, the narrative actually continues without Battler for a while. Not just away from him with Ange, but he "physically" disappears. Wait, what? Isn't this all about him finding his memories? So at some point he forgets himself completely because of what Beatrice says? The Amnesia wins out against him? What exactly is being said here? If the meta sections are written by Ikuko, what is she trying to communicate here? Beatrice shouldn't have been able to do that if she was essentially Battler's "furniture".

And what was with Beatrice being disappointed she might have the wrong Battler, or he'd forgotten? How does this work if Beatrice is a part of Battler. If anything, it'd make more sense the other way around. "Beatrice" obviously represents more than just a character in Battler's brain.

6) Comments at the end

Episode 8 has a comment at the end, dedicating the story to the "Great Witch Beatrice". Who apparently doesn't exist, according to what comes before it. This strongly suggests that the ending is just yet another story about the events that revolve around the Golden Witch, and is fiction. Not to mention that ??? is meant to be the tea party of those who are not human, i.e. fantasy/meta side.

Could this be the story Battler left in her grave? It sounds like a horrible end, but think about it. If it's true Beatrice killed herself, she wouldn't want to think she had such a negative impact on someone's life. By bullshitting away most of what happens much like what Battler did with Ange, he is trying to get her to rest in peace.

=====

Of course, none of this outright disproves the ending, but introduces a lot of questions that need to be answered, or else it contradicts itself.

>> No.6749565

Congrats, you wrote a wall of text about things that will never matter anymore because the author didnt give a fuck about it.

>> No.6749582
File: 123 KB, 517x754, 1291387375810.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Cool mental gymnastics, Ryukishi apologist.

>> No.6749591

>Ryukishi apologist

Is that the only insult you trolls know?

>> No.6749594

>>6749582

I don't think this is apologising for Ryukishi. I think it's pointing out how his ending is shit and doesn't fit with the themes and ideas brought up earlier in the game.

>> No.6749601
File: 55 KB, 392x500, 1293128742056.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6749605

Without love, it cannot be seen.

>> No.6749606
File: 40 KB, 311x311, 1276050479873.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fascinating.

>> No.6749609

>>6749555
Ange gets treated more like a literary character who keeps getting inserted into new stories than a real person. One way you can interpret EP8 is that Bern and Featherine have almost written her into a corner where she has no choice but to commit suicide, and this is Meta-Battler's attempt to write her back out of it and give her a happy ending. There are a lot of new 1998 scenes that seem like they could have been edited into Ange's memories to undermine the EP7 tea party, in the same way her meeting with Featherine was edited in for EP6.

>> No.6749620

Until Rei, I shall remain hopeful/deluded that there will be a satisfying ending!

>> No.6749641

The original beatrice represented the rules of the game/the mysteries of the island.

She's comatose throughout most of Ep-5 because she has no more to impart to Battler for him to solve the game. She dies when Battler is defeated, and it's pointless for her to come back after Battler solves the game. Although Battler does revive her, it's basically him reviving the mystery of Rokkenjima to challenge Erika.

>> No.6749667

>>6749517
>Then how did he create her in Episode 1? If he did so, she would have been like Chick Beatrice, unless another Episode 6 like series of events(the "thousand years") is shown to happen. But meta-Battler clearly remembers the train of events from Ep 1 up until the end.

If the letters in the bottles were indeed written by Yasu, then the idea of how Beatrice behaves could have been based on those.

In addition, if the Meta if a place were all thoughts and ideas intermingle, then it's not weird why Meat Beatrice ended up with the personality from the one shown in EP2. There's also the part about her love for Battler along with many other things, and those aspects of Meta Beatrice could have come from further theorising.

About the death of Meta Beatrice, she died because she didn't exist - i.e. people stopped thinking of her as real, or that someone who resembled or behaved like her actually existed. This is why Battler could only do so much on EP6, because the Beatrice he revived had to match the new information/ideas about her.

>Lambdadelta clearly states that she is responsible for Beatrice becoming a witch. We can interpret this to mean that magic doesn't exist on the gameboard, Beatrice was not a real witch but that Lambdadelta, a "real" Voyager Witch, was able to award her this power for the purpose of the game. Episode 7 talks about her being made a witch for 2 days. But according to the "Fantasy" side, she was already a witch.

Lambdadelta is the Witch of Certainty who likes rewarding people for their determination. Just like Takano, Yasu was a very determined kid. This is why you could technically say that 34 made Yasu a witch, since it was through her determination that she was able to become Beatrice.

Seriously, R07 may have failed terribly as far as mystery works, but as far as thematics go, Umineko is rather consistent.

>> No.6749722

>>6749667
>In addition, if the Meta if a place were all thoughts and ideas intermingle, then it's not weird why Meat Beatrice ended up with the personality from the one shown in EP2. There's also the part about her love for Battler along with many other things, and those aspects of Meta Beatrice could have come from further theorising.

>About the death of Meta Beatrice, she died because she didn't exist - i.e. people stopped thinking of her as real, or that someone who resembled or behaved like her actually existed. This is why Battler could only do so much on EP6, because the Beatrice he revived had to match the new information/ideas about her.

But it doesn't explain away the fact that it was said he couldn't "create" a Beatrice to begin with. The Chick Beato theory makes far more sense than this and actually has some support in the novel itself.

Beatrice died because she gave up before Battler could remember. This is what we're told and there was no reason to think otherwise.

>Lambdadelta is the Witch of Certainty who likes rewarding people for their determination. Just like Takano, Yasu was a very determined kid. This is why you could technically say that 34 made Yasu a witch, since it was through her determination that she was able to become Beatrice.

But Lambdadelta doesn't exist, apparently.

>> No.6749771

>>6749722

Well, neither does Battler...right?

>> No.6749786

>>6749667why Meat Beatrice
WHY indeed

>> No.6749787

>>6749722
>But it doesn't explain away the fact that it was said he couldn't "create" a Beatrice to begin with.

He could, actually, but those were mere pieces and not the real thing.

>Beatrice died because she gave up before Battler could remember.

Yes, and this why I said the Meta World is a place were ideas intermingle. Beatrice giving up on waiting could be there to show Yasu falling into despair after waiting for Battler for so long, but he apparently didn't even remember her. My point was about why Battler couldn't revive her. Beatrice was killed by her own despair, but at the same time, in Meta terms, by new information, and this is why I think Battler couldn't revive the same Beatrice.

>This is what we're told and there was no reason to think otherwise.

Latter Queen problem, or whatever it is called, is what I think applies to this case.

>But Lambdadelta doesn't exist, apparently.

She does, as a concept.

Mind you, we do not know what exactly the Meta World is. It could definitely be a place were ideas intermingle, but that doesn't mean the place doesn't exist. It could be a place that is born from ideas, and these ideas are represented in many different ways and that's how they take form in the Meta. However, the Meta has rules which obey information on the "real" world. This is why the cat box allows the Meta World we know to remain mostly unchanged. This is my take in the Meta. So, technically speaking, you can say 34 does exist.

>> No.6749808

I have to say 34 is the biggest mystery of umineko.

>> No.6749813

I have an explanation for all of the inconsistencies.

Ryukishi is a shit writer when he doesn't have an editor, and BT was the closest thing he had to an editor. Mystery fucking solved, lets just play OS and forget Chiru ever fucking existed.

>> No.6749828
File: 447 KB, 1291x2228, list-of-demons.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

guys. shut the fuck up. Lets just summon Zepar and furfur and ask them how it really was

>> No.6749875

>>6749808
yes. i would fucking want to know her backstory at last

>> No.6749893

>>6749875

Isn't she comparable to a pagan goddess or some shit?

Her letters about Takano and Yasu implied that she's been worshipped by human beings for thousands of (real world) years, which would make her unspeakably ancient.

>> No.6749927

>>6749893
i dont know, but she doesnt speak of herself as a god, and doesnt Japanese worship like everything?
besides there was something in episode 6 that implied she went through similiar shit like Bern what would be being once a human trapped in an endless repetiion with no way out

>> No.6749948

>>6749927

Well, I mean that she is worshipped as a god despite not being a god.

And yeah, it was implied that one of the prerequisites for becoming a Voyager is to be trapped in a logic error for a thousand years, which pretty much always turns them into horrible people.

>> No.6749963
File: 42 KB, 632x475, 12325345634.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

LOL UR A GOAT
A GOAT

STUPID GOAT
BERN IS MAI WAIFU AND SHE IS REAL
I LUV HER AND SHE IS ALMIGHTY

>> No.6749970

>>6749948
But Lambda is awesome and a bro!

>> No.6750018

I got a question, your telling me all this time battler loved Shannon, but forgot about her over 6 years? or did he never loved her o begin with? or was he just afraid to tell her after 6 years? also since shannon is yasu, did battler see yasu as the Shanon we see 6 years ago? doesn't that mean yasu dressed up as shannon even back then? why would he/she do that? also if yasus a boy dosnet that make battler gay?

>> No.6750031
File: 168 KB, 666x672, 1bf3ea973336d7a3a352b675bc74fec7d69b3fbd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750018
who cares. Shannon is delicious

>> No.6750048

So the only think we got from umineko is that 34 is the best character and that EVERYBODY loves her, regardless of if shes a cake or not.

>> No.6750055

>>6750048
thing*

>> No.6750063
File: 199 KB, 520x546, 1282732420774.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750048
Bernfag hates her.

>> No.6750084

>>6750018

Why are there not more douins showing Shannotrap?

>> No.6750088

>>6750048
i know one person who doesnt

>> No.6750103

>>6750018
o and if its just battlers delusion, then Shanon is really in love with George and maybe george is getting trolled by yasu instead?

>> No.6750110

>>6750084
why are there no natshui douins or rosa douins?
because life sucks.

>> No.6750114

>>6750048
I don't much care for her, she's a pretty good character but Bern is easily the better witch.

>> No.6750127

>>6750103
and maybe battler is viewing himself as George in his delusions, so everything that takes place is really all happening to George? or maybe battler is really the killer because hes jealous of him?

>> No.6750144
File: 1.73 MB, 1400x985, 15661537_p1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i thought there will be some new Bern/Lambda art but Japan has only like ten good Umineko artists and they are all BeaBato shipperfags

;_;

>> No.6750161
File: 365 KB, 800x800, 455285b52ddcdae1d7e90a01671bb36f.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750144
rifyu seems to be a Ikuto/Battler shipper now

>> No.6750179
File: 1.07 MB, 800x1040, 15669359_p1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750144

I feel your pain.

>> No.6750198

Battler loves Shannon. George probably too, and Shannon loves him.
That's why Battler hates George. I mean. Why put him in a beta as fuck position in all EPs, compared to him, who hooks up with Beatrice and they even marry? George is supposed to marry Shannon too.

Also, Rudolf and Kyrie are probably abusive parents. We are shown that in reality, Rosa, Krauss, Natsuhi, Eva and Hideyoshi are nice people who treat their sons well. Battler probably saw how Kyrie put Ange inside a closet (just like Natsuhi did with Jessica). They probably pushed him to excel in his studies and all, just like Eva did supposedly with George. And finally, Battler probably broke Maria's bunnies, and that's how he knows about them.
Battler is full of shit.

Don't take this seriously. I'm just speculating.

>> No.6750210

>>6750161
Rifyu thinks absolutely everyone is after battler's dick

>> No.6750215

>Battler probably broke Maria's bunnies, and that's how he knows about them.

Okay, I loled. This is now my favorite theory.

>> No.6750228

>We are shown that in reality, Rosa, Krauss, Natsuhi, Eva and Hideyoshi are nice people who treat their sons well.

lol. this sounds like Maria and Jessica are boys

>> No.6750250
File: 266 KB, 545x765, 15679448_p10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750161

She doesn't seem to be the only one.

I'm a beatrice x battler shipper but it's getting hard to maintain faith in the pairing nowadays. Especially with Beatrice being Shanon.. :/

The only reason why I still hold faith is because I differentiate between real life battler and meta battler

That being said, old batter and toya do make a nice if rather twisted couple

>> No.6750256

>>6750210
It's only true

>> No.6750266

>>6750250
She?

>> No.6750272

>>6750228
I bet that Jessica feels like a boy.

>> No.6750298
File: 81 KB, 400x600, 15651398_p2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750250
i somehow cannot imagine rifyu being a women no matter how hard i try

also bawww, Evatrice being a good guy

>> No.6750304

How can there even be BeaBato douins anymore?
they should get the fuck over ut and make some milf ones got dam it.

>> No.6750322

>>6749927
I personally think she is the base of Christian god, seeing how Miyoko calls out to "God" for not being just and only after that is her wish granted. After all, it doesn't take that much to become legendary - compare to F/HA, Angra Manyu.

>>6750048
And yet, Mary Sues her for breaking her game.
It's unsettling, the "Cats are doubly useful to you" line directly implies that Au Au is FUCKING EVIL, but she pretty much won, right?

>> No.6750328

As said, meta battler and meta beatrice are their own characters

>> No.6750330

>>6750266
It would explain the fixation on dicks.

>> No.6750348

Eva was always an overprotective mother/guardian
Rosa was always musou
Kyrie was always an evil bitch

>> No.6750351

>>6750322
Uh also I might note that in my AD&D setting I have an elven goddes called Larma who is a goddes of goals and obstacles and a goddes called Beruna who is an CE goddes of shit happens, her priests and paladins are random atheistic people with fates she deemed interesting so she made them her playthings and gave them power in exchange for that.

>> No.6750359
File: 273 KB, 600x690, 15655009_p7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

fucking epic Erika

>> No.6750368

>>6750351
Get out of here with your autism.

>> No.6750370

>>6749828
>Zepar
>Deforms the unborn

>Furtur
>Demon of storms

It was them all along....

>> No.6750389

>>6750351
what? D&D? ive only ever played Forgotten Realms, from which setting are those goddesses?
also Bern maybe isnt lawfull good, but i wouldnt call her chaotic evil either

>>6750322
lolwut. now Lambda is Jesus?

>> No.6750395

>>6750389
>Lambda is Jesus?
No that would be Maria

>> No.6750399
File: 108 KB, 608x417, 8461688.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750370
awshi...
now that you mention it...

>> No.6750400

Dear lord, the tvtropes page is a hive of autistic defenders.

>> No.6750402

>>6750370
>Deforms the unborn
Suddenly the hamhands make perfect sense.

>> No.6750415

>>6750198
Asshole Battler theory is best theory.

>> No.6750419

>>6750400
Autism on TVTropes? IMPOSSIBLE.

>> No.6750421

>>6750389
I kinda like the sound of that...

>> No.6750436

>>6750399
So much want...

>> No.6750440

>>6750419
Yes, I knew what I was diving into, but I honestly remember them being slightly more open to criticism a year or two ago. Did something change?

>> No.6750455

>>6750250
>BatxIkuto dojin

Is the artist a wizard?

>> No.6750475

>>6749893
i episode 4 she says "People construct buildings to have her gifts of certainty"
so yeah, she probably is

>> No.6750480

>>6750389
Homebrew

>> No.6750497

>>6750322
>I personally think she is the base of Christian god, seeing how Miyoko calls out to "God" for not being just and only after that is her wish granted. After all, it doesn't take that much to become legendary - compare to F/HA, Angra Manyu.

i thought Miyoko wanted to challenge a god but caught Lambda's attention instead

>> No.6750498
File: 58 KB, 244x269, 1278931556461.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750475
>People construct buildings to have her gifts of certainty
>bakeries
>cake will always be good

dskfhsdhfg

>> No.6750504
File: 243 KB, 624x451, 15590860.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuck yeah Brorika.

>> No.6750510

>>6750504
why is stocking dressed as Erika?

>> No.6750513

>>6749893

i don't want to start thinking i've been fapping to jesus but yes it would be a crime for her not to have her own vn or story

>> No.6750515
File: 269 KB, 705x553, 15654669_p1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750455

No, it's a really recent one

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=15679448

Japan is FAST

>> No.6750522

>>6750513
>i don't want to start thinking i've been fapping to jesus

i lol'd

>> No.6750523

Lambdadelta doesn't represent a normal cake, she represents a birthday cake which symbolize time that advance inexorably.
That's why her power is certainty and she uses it to freeze time.
Certainty because no matter what you can't run away from time.

>> No.6750539

Some new theories.

1)Every abuse of children in the novels was actually what Battler and Ange experienced.Maria was not abused by Rosa.Battler was projecting his horrible childhood onto other people.

2)Battler enjoyed watching George being killed.

>> No.6750555

>>6750539
Everyone enjoyed watching George being killed.

>> No.6750564

>>6750515
Shit, the image they uploaded before that was a BatxBeato comic. Granted, it was a few months ago, but still. Looks like that pairing's dropping as hard as fans of R07 after EP8.

>> No.6750569

>>6750564
Toya makes it very clear that he's a different person from Battler, so it doesn't exactly bother me. I'm a BatBeafag and Ikuko/Toya is fine too.

>> No.6750575

>>6750539
So Jessica is shady because she bullied him and Eva is awesome because she is a MOTHER.

Asumu being repressed though explains her absence in the story really well, although Battler has one remark about opening tins and "mother used to say if you think it won't open then it really won't open no matter how hard you try.

>> No.6750591

Why is exactly Jessica shady?

>> No.6750602
File: 434 KB, 800x800, 23edde7ad7d81bc8f0e09f46e8e9038b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Everybody loves Battler

translations please

>> No.6750609

>>6750569
You are realizing that if Rei is going to be about anything, it's her being the extra stage boss, right?

Bern HATES her.
Lambda, what is this she doesn't even.
She is the most hate-worthy mary sue I've seen in quite a while, speaks about the story like she wrote it and doesn't give two damns about the heart.
Battler is being TAKEN CARE OF by her.

>> No.6750612

>>6750575
Jessica shady? What the hell?
If there's a person who didn't bully anyone either in Battler's delusions and real Rokkenjima is Jessica.
Poor thing was pretty much the best and nicest Ushiromiya on the island and she got the worst fate.

>> No.6750627

>>6750609

Isn't Bernkastel her miko?

>> No.6750630

>>6750591
She fakes asthma at very wrong places in the game, does and knows and doesn't know various things she should or should not and had a great motive after EP7. It was always either an epic bro or the final boss. It just so happened that she is the epic bro, but that doesn't make her any less shady.

My point was they fought as kids and she always handed Battler's ass to him, so his childhood memories may have sort of seeped out.

>> No.6750635

>>6750564
Not really, like all the fanarts with Battler trying to save Beato from drowning gets a lot of claps

>> No.6750638

Then why Jessica always got the worst fate in almost every game?
Because Battler was jealous of her.

>> No.6750644

>>6750602
really want translation of this

>> No.6750647

>>6750609

Ikuko = Ryukishi07
Amnesica Battler = BT

Things suddenly make more sense does it?

>> No.6750652
File: 196 KB, 300x610, 601bc2922c5be1f06c9ce93149298b7c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Jessica and Battler were my favourite characters.

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE HER BATTLER?!

>> No.6750656

>>6750647
I refuse to believe that Ryukushi doesn't notice this.

I mean, Featherine screams evil since the first time she appeared.

>> No.6750668
File: 45 KB, 300x576, 12729375.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750652
Come on, we both knew she would be death in reality.... which doesn't mean I didn't hope for some good outcome for her.

>> No.6750676

>>6750609
yes. i hate the bitch.
im thinking about drawing a fanart of her being disembered by the joined forces of Bern and Lambda
maybe this will ease up my rage a bit

>>6750627
was

>> No.6750678
File: 67 KB, 500x682, 0000026.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750630

>She fakes asthma at very wrong places in the game

Yeah like when everybody was bullying her mother. How suspicious. The asthma attack when wanting to kill Beato was out of place, but there is no way it can mean anything shaddy. And maybe that one was real, she sure was flusttered

>does and knows and doesn't know various things she should or should not and had a great motive after EP7

Again this shit? she was fucking stupid and didn't noticed Yasu cosplaying, get over it, There is nothing suspicious or shaddy about Jessica.

Fucking moonfags got told, is the only thing you can't blame on this petty end.

>> No.6750685

>>6750656

Featherine and slightly different. She is both Battler AND Ikuko

And that's how she easily killed Lamda. Author power

>> No.6750688
File: 372 KB, 700x853, dc12ead063a80227c34185fee69e6c7b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Jessica should've been Beatrice.

It would actually make sense BUT NOOOOOOO RYU HAD TO FUCK UP EVERYTHING

>> No.6750689

I think this kinda all makes sense now, the theories with battler being the one thats being abused and not being loved makes a lot of sense. most of the time when somebody sees somebody with something that they want, they image themselves in their place. thats what battler is doing.

>> No.6750692

>>6750688

No, it wouldn't.

>> No.6750693
File: 598 KB, 839x1177, 1279042145515.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So, what was up with Kanon?

If Shannon = Kanon, that certainly does make Jessica shady as fuck.

>> No.6750694
File: 308 KB, 600x548, 14393917_p4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750678
This, I mean honestly. She was a fucking bro. I wish she oculd have gotten a better end...maybe in the golden land I guess.

>> No.6750716

>>6750693
no, that only makes her lesbian

>> No.6750717
File: 112 KB, 598x547, 12638762_p1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750688
>>6750693
No, no it wouldn't. She didn't know...also... this is something Yasu wrote remember? Let's say jessica was nice to Yasu at times and he/she started crushing at her. So what is better than create a not existing romance with her in her stories?
Also Jessica loving Battler would have made absolute no sense.

>> No.6750728

>>6750693

>Yasu tricks Jessica.
>It makes Jessica shaddy.

Sorry bro, your logic is too overwhelming.

>> No.6750729

>>6750678
I never really considered myself a Monnfag, but
Jessica and Shannon are classmates. You see a scene of Jessica first meeting both Kanon and Shannon. There is simply no rational way that a lifelong friend like that could get fooled.
She also fakes asthma when Kanon dies in E1 and when she is just about to die in E3, she coughs and guess what, Kanon appears.
The red thingy in E2 is caused by Beato wanting to make Jessica seem shady. Jessica also somehow knew that George died instantly and there is this strange thing with there being no point to calling George and Jessica along the way they did.

And above everything else, her doublethink is scary as fuck.

>> No.6750734

>>6750717
she was only writing about events at conference...

>> No.6750736

>>6750717

>Also Jessica loving Battler would have made absolute no sense.

How so? It's not as if incest is uncommon in the Ushiromiya family.

>> No.6750738
File: 199 KB, 600x600, 1280108818978.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750717

I kind of like this theory. Still, I wish we had gotten a bit more clarification... or, well, more information about Jessica in general.

>> No.6750746

>>6750728

So, you think that Yasu went out of her way to dress up as a guy (Kanon) and make Jessica fall in love with her/him?

I don't think Jessica would be stupid enough to fall for that. I mean, weren't they pretty close? I can't imagine that Jessica wouldn't be able to recognize the face of one of her best friends.

What reason would there be for Yasu to do that in the first place?

>> No.6750749

>>6750602
Quick translation without second read-through:
_1_
(Our best work so far is finished, so bring us the special wine, please. <3
<Y-Yes... Immediately!
_2_
{Here I am~}
(Let me head your impression as well, please.
(What is with you, Tooya?
{My head aches...
_3_
(My Impression? Hmmmm..... Although the plot is perfect, the wording, how should I put it, has a fusty notion.
(F-fusty?
_4_
\Damn maid!
(For Battler...No, for Tooya-san there are better-fitting partners than you.
)Who are YOU calling fusty!!

>> No.6750760
File: 687 KB, 1024x1024, 14589239.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750736
Do you have even one bloody indication that she might have seen him that way? I mean in a romantic way? A reason for her to be Beatrice (if you say rape your opinion becomes instantly invalid) She just can't be Beatrice, it doesn't work. Battler says he wants someone like Jessica, which hurts Beatrice. Why would Jessica worry about that if she already was Jessica?
Come on, stop this shit.
Her whole character development based around her love for Kanon...do you want to strip the last bit of character development from her so you can ship her with the stupid hobo?

>> No.6750772
File: 313 KB, 652x890, 2c6cc76b13c788f1065e3c18ce9154d8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I would prefer Jessica to be the "delusional" one.Shannon would be still Yasu but they would work together.
But Jessica would be the one in love with Battler.

She would be perfect as Jessica/Beatrice.She even looks like her.

>> No.6750794

>>6750760
This relates to the doublethink mentioned earlier.
She was not raped, but she had been beaten a lot as a kid, closed in a closet and what not. All that so that she can be be the family head. E4 basically says she does not want to be the family head, but that she thinks of herself that way already. She has fucking Natsuhi for a mother, talk about honor complex.

The after E7 motive for Jessica is that the moment she finds out Yasu is the family head, everyone around is okay with lying to her for life AND she was never going to be the head to begin with, it might make her do funny things and while not exactly creating scenarios herself, she might use opportunities to do some bad, bad stuff.

It is also weird that she can concentrate at gunpoint point blank and punch people even after shot, but gets pranked by three servants paid by her and does absolutely nothing.

There is no implication of her being Beatrice whatsoever, though. Where did you pull that out of?

>> No.6750797
File: 96 KB, 800x640, stoprighttherep.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750772
>She even looks like her.

>> No.6750801

So, where did Battler get the idea for Erika?

>> No.6750814
File: 391 KB, 670x474, 825d0df57a90d330e6ca6100f487720d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750801
Ex-girlfriend, probably.
But maybe she's a flower, judging by her hat or whatever the thing she has in her head is.

>> No.6750818
File: 509 KB, 1007x1000, 1294078218042.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

so i don't really visit /tv/ or /a/ why do people rage over Lost and Bleach?

>> No.6750825

why are the moonfags still active?

>> No.6750830

>>6750801
What his lover looked like as a kid, obviously.

>> No.6750831
File: 54 KB, 428x580, 4832324ae70f3549c93dff66645d824f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750797
She looks exactly like Beato.

That's why people even believed in Moon-chan.

>> No.6750832
File: 895 KB, 1400x1200, 14122161.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750794
Thought you were the same Anon who started to say that it made sense for her to be Beatrice.
Your idea is pretty good, toyed around with it in my head already but even with that I see no reason for her to even slighty feel attracted to Battler. Her loving Yasu/Kanon and with that the person who took "her place" would make her even more fucked up in the head

>> No.6750838

>>6750801
by realizing his gothic lolita fetish

>> No.6750839

>>6750801
Erika is Hachijou as his lover.
AuAu is Hachijou self insert as a mighty witch.

>> No.6750840

>>6750818
Lost's ending was fairly similar to Umineshit. By which I mean "DURR IT'S ALL A DREAM"

>> No.6750844
File: 144 KB, 720x960, ad71e7bcc848615d2a084d76193277c1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Jessica loves George, obviously.

>> No.6750854

So, what the fuck happened?
I mean, was the Ushiromiya family fairly normal, excepting Rudolf and his family?

>> No.6750860
File: 724 KB, 1200x766, 1280584519436.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I, for one, support the idea of a batshit crazy lesbian Jessica.

>> No.6750862

>>6750854
Battler = Opportunist guy, not bad but not saint either.
Kyrie = Psycho pot tier bitch.
Rudolf = Spineless doormat of Kyrie.

Rest was pretty much the same MINUS the flaws shown in the novels.
Ushiromiya family was pretty cool.

Of course unless everything in EP8 was a fucking another game.

>> No.6750863

>>6750840
That wasn't Lost's ending at all.

Hell, it isn't even Umineko's. Umineko's end is meant to be open to interpretation and both sides have plenty of hints to make them think they are right.

>> No.6750865

So George is the bishounen and Battler is the fattie?

>> No.6750869
File: 67 KB, 704x579, Screen shot 2011-01-03 at 5.30.32 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750854

Something like this.

>> No.6750871

>>6750863
Fuck off Ryukishi apologist.

Wonder if he'll have EP8's ending as A GAME WITHIN A GAME for Rei.
>>6750865
Yes, Battler is really more like "Betaler".

>> No.6750872
File: 297 KB, 798x912, 1292010160162.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750865

>> No.6750874

>>6750840
LOST ended this way:
Everything that happened on and off the island was real. Everyone died as you saw or they died whenever it was time, as is reality.
The alternate timeline was actually a place for everyone to wait for each other AFTER DEATH so they could all meet again. Purgatory? Kind of but not completely.

Umineko ended with Battler writing Umineko

>> No.6750876

>>6750871
>Ryukishi apologist

Nope, I think it's dumb, but that's what he did. Stop throwing that term around.

>> No.6750880
File: 39 KB, 565x600, 1165575313344.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750844
Did I miss something interesting?

>> No.6750883

>>6750865
R07's initial George design was a bishounen

>> No.6750884
File: 123 KB, 850x531, sample-15977a7431f9e639458e367226b8bb05.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuck...I recently finished EP8 (I wasn't spoiled) and to be honest , I expected that GM Battler would burst during ???? any moment showing that this is BAD END AuAu and Bern wanted to trap Battler in.

God damn I was disappointed.

Posting what I expected to be Battler's final theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpMsaHSplPw

>> No.6750889

>>6750772

That's the point, she's a red herring.

Get over it already will ya?

This whole mess is fiction within fiction within fiction with rules to be broken made to fit and inshambles.

Not that i dislike umineko, far from it. I enjoyed the ride, but all of us can agree that ryu totally got lost in his own meaning.

Without love it can't be seen?
Without trust it can't be loved.

That simple R07.

>> No.6750890
File: 67 KB, 500x293, 1291911447139.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750874
Oh well, I hated that show by the end anyway.
>>6750876
There's no point in interpretations if none of the scenes so far actually happened. Unless you're one of those autistic fanfiction writers.

>> No.6750894

Okay.
Could we say that Battler was actually a "nice guy" who hated women, instead of George?

>> No.6750897

>>6750894
Why would he? He's been fucking one for over twenty-four years.

>> No.6750899
File: 29 KB, 336x336, Awesome.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750840
really?
ive only read on wikipedia that it was rather something like events on the island happened and then all of the people that was a part of it were being collected after they died in something like meta world and only after they were all together they could move to another life or somewhere
dont know for real though, i myself was watching every 3 or so episodes and i never knew what the hell is happening

>> No.6750905

How does one reach the conclusion that all that shit is happening in Battler's head using only the first 4 episodes?

>> No.6750912
File: 459 KB, 825x1018, 1251773004273.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6750869
>Natsuhi = guilty

;_;

>> No.6750913

>>6750840
At least Umineko was epic until EP7-8.Lost wasn´t.

>> No.6750914

>>6750905

There are clues, i guess. The opening for ep 1 is one of them. More if any of us could be bothered actually looking.

>> No.6750919

>>6750890
Ange remebers the meta events like they happened in the real world.

??? is a tea party for witches. Battler might be writing about things that he actually remebers. There's lots of reasons why people could think that, but I don't. You have to be an autisticmicism to not see the "cat box" end R07 set up here.

>> No.6750923

I would prefer witches to actually exist...instead Ryu basically ruined Battler.

>> No.6750924

>>6750912
Your right. What the guy means is that Natsuhi is retard.

>> No.6750925

>>6750905
First OP, second OP (No Dine, no Knox, no Fair, this is not a mystery), Tsubasa ED.
Mostly lyrics.

>> No.6750927

>>6750913
>until EP8 ???
fixed

>> No.6750935

>>6750884
>Fuck...I recently finished EP8 (I wasn't spoiled) and to be honest , I expected that GM Battler would burst during ???? any moment showing that this is BAD END

it seems a lot of people expected something like that. And how awesome would it be with Dread of the Grave playing along/
all the hope is in Rei now

>> No.6750940

>>6750925
Are you telling me that Umineko is essentially a story told by music clips that could very well be aired at shit like MTV?

>> No.6750946

>>6750905
Reading the true ending of Ever 17 and be on crack 24/7.

Also, hear the lyrics of the first two openings is a good choice.

>> No.6750947

When Ange reads the truth and Eva's diary communicates directly to her mind, she sees a flash and Kanon is standing in the room of gold, not Shannon.

In other words, like we didn't already know this, Kanon was Yasu, not Shannon.

>> No.6750955

>>6750947
Actually at the very end of the episode Battler rescues Beatrice. He calls her Beatrice and she acts like Beatrice and has her sprite right infront of his eyes. Never calls her Shannon, or Kanon, or Sayo or anything. So episode 7 was just a red herring, Beatrice is neither Kanon nor Shannon, just a servant who looked up to Shannon.

>> No.6750957

>In other words, like we didn't already know this, Kanon was Yasu, not Shannon.

Good lord, I hope you're trolling.

>> No.6750967

>>6750913
>>6750899
Wikipedia is not the place to go if you want to find out what happened
>lostpedia.com

Also, Umineko was epic until Episode 5. Lost was awesome until Season 2, Then Season 3 was awesome up through the end of Season 5. Season 6 only got awesome at the second half.

>> No.6750969

Why such horrible end Ryu?
I don't care about goats or other shit but why do you hate your readers so much?

It's not our fault BT died.

>> No.6750971

>>6750927
Overall, EP7-8 we´re amazing (9/10) but not epic. EP7 got fucked with "Ilussion to ilussion" shit and because it was very slow paced (VERY SLOW).

EP8 was fucked because of Laydon puzzles (absolutely no sense) and the ???.

>> No.6750977
File: 161 KB, 580x1012, 1287273718397.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

hey guys, so i wanted to collect some of those awesome tarot cards, but it seems that none of the cd's contain them anymore.
what do?

;__;

>> No.6750987

Umineko has become too deep for me.

>> No.6750997

>>6750967
EP6 was epic, a little slow, but the great characters make the EP up.

Lost season 3 was great, not epic. Season 4 was but season 5 wasn´t. I agree in the rest

>> No.6751003

>>6750969

A yandere reader killed him. Of course is readers fault.

>> No.6751007

>>6750969
BT was a witch, we killed him with anti-magic toxin.

>> No.6751013

>>6751003
You have to be shitting me, right?

>> No.6751014

My personal ranking

EP 1 > EP 5 > EP 3 = EP 2 > EP 7 > EP 4 > EP 6

I couldn't stop reading EP 1 it was so intense and great.And it didn't have any magic shit until the Tea Party.
Easily the best one

>> No.6751019

>>6750987

That's strange, because it's just become too shallow for the rest of us.

Instead of creating a far more encompassing ending, r07 just shoehorned it into LOL AMNESIA DREAM. The largest of copouts. I can't blame him i guess, it was too big a task after all, at least he tried. Horribly, but i can applaude him for the effort.

I mean surely he knew this was the worst possible outcome? THat was a major fear through most of ep 4-8 for alot of fans. That ITWASALLADREAM ending was looming and instead of diverting it he just accepted it. To put it in his terms, HE stopped thinking. He has the gall to call us actual readers who did our best to trust him goats? FUCK HIM. Seriously.

>> No.6751021

I heard you like stories so we put a story in your story in your story so you can read while you read while you read.

>> No.6751023

>>6751013
He was joking , BT died of some space AIDS.

>> No.6751024

>>6750997
Come on! You can't expect me to believe that your mouth didn't fall off when they detonated that bomb and the title card was inverted.

>> No.6751028

>>6751013

I got proof. But they can only be seen with love, if you are a mindless goat you won't see them.

>> No.6751033

At this point I am 100% sure that BT wrote EP 1 to EP 5.

Rest is Ryukishi.

>> No.6751035

>>6751014
>EP4 low
wat

>> No.6751038

>>6749534
Reread Minagoroshi-hen. The first scene takes place in the higher dimension. And there's no reason to think that the TIPS weren't included as addendum to a Higurashi mystery novel anyway.

>> No.6751045

>>6751033

But EP5 is already shit.

Also there is something I don't get. Ryuukishi writting was good when his waifu BT was alive. But BT wasn't dead when Higurashi happened.

>> No.6751047

>>6750971
>EP8 was fucked because of Laydon puzzles (absolutely no sense) and the ???.
Actually, no. The Layton puzzles and the ???? are good parts of episode 8. The way the Layton puzzles worked was everyone would have a riddle for Ange. After solving that person's riddle, you'd get a little scene about that person. For instance, after solving Genji's and Kumasawa's, there was a bit about Kumasawa's past. After solving Hideyoshi and Eva's, there was a bit about Eva's regrets in raising Ange.

The worst part of episode 8 is that half the thing is a meta-war against Bern & co. You may be all like FUCK YEAH META FUCKING WAR OWN THEM BERN YEEAAAAAH but it just drags on way too long and has little to no substance.

>> No.6751052

Am I the only one that doesn't care about the mystery, but who feels disappointed because I feel estranged from the characters? There's just too much Meta, and there's all this fictional authorship along with all the allegories, I just feel I don't know the characters any more.

In fact, the final scene, with Battler and Beatrice made me feel absolute nothing. In fact, I felt really sad because I felt nothing for 2 characters I've been following for 3 years and who I used to care for a big deal.

>> No.6751054

>>6751035
Ange's parts in EP 4 were CTRLd hard.
They were horrible.

Krauss Counter and small bombs were highlight of the Episode.

>> No.6751064

Someone please explain to me who BT is. Was she a real person?

>> No.6751069

>>6751054
>CTRLd hard.
And there you have the reason so many Umineko fans fail to grasp the simplest of things.

>> No.6751070

>>6750912
I think Shannon/Beatrice is missing at the bottom table.

Remember? Two people are required to create a universe.

>> No.6751071

>>6751035
Don´t worry, he is half sleep.

Doesn´t know what is writing.

>> No.6751073

SEE YOU LATER INCOMPETENT COWBOY

>> No.6751075

>>6751064
He. He was part of 07th Expansion, R07's editor, best friend and first reader. R07 wrote Higurashi and Umineko for him. Then he died around the time of episode 5.

>> No.6751079

>>6751047

Actually the bad part is calling the reader a goat. If you can't get a closure for the mistery it's ok, nobody put a gun in your head to read it, but don't insult the reader just because you are a shitty mistery writter.

>> No.6751082

>>6751075
witches did it

>> No.6751083

>>6751069
Honestly, I have often fought against the urge to press and hold CTRL until certain scenes are over, that were obviously superfluous and only meant to "entertain the reader".

>> No.6751084

>>6751064
BT was Ryukishi's husbando.
He loved him

He died of space AIDS in between EP 4-5.

>> No.6751089

>>6751054
>small bombs

It seems that the Almighty Small bombs will never dissapear from our precious memories.

>> No.6751093
File: 122 KB, 350x450, 1293955651794.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In my opinion:

EP3 > EP4 > EP1 > EP5 > EP2 > EP6 > EP7

I've enjoyed every episode, though.

>> No.6751095

>>6751079
Tip: the goats are the soldiers in said war. They eat the whole of Rokkenjima and then try to invade the golden land which is floating in a sea of nothingness via ships.

>> No.6751098

>>6751084
>He died of space AIDS in between EP 4-5
Isn't that around the time
>Two people are required to create a universe.
popped up for the first time?

>> No.6751099

>>6751052

Because you have no love, I was smiling and nearly crying.

>> No.6751116
File: 342 KB, 640x480, battlerstheory.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6751089
Small bombs are hilarious because in the very end there really was a bomb.

>> No.6751118

>>6751075
>R07's editor
>dead
Suddenly it ALL makes sense! There isn't someone to tell R07 he went full retard anymore.

>> No.6751120

>>6751083

Shut up, they did entertain me. What I felt the urge to Ctrl are the logic battles.

>> No.6751124

>>6751098

It doesn't take detective poirot to find out that without BT r07 went downhill.

>> No.6751125

>>6751095
Ryuukishi call useless readers (80% of the Umineko fanbase) goats, with is close to calling them "fucking retards without love".

>> No.6751128

>>6751099
I just couldn't, seriously. You had Tohya, who, after recalling all of Battler's memories, says he's not Battler, and even goes to say how terrifying was to have them.

The final scene, for me, just felt too empty.

>> No.6751130

>>6751116
I am proud that I invented theory in EP 3 that Goat's chasing Rosa and Maria were actually the blast from explosion.

No one believed me.
No one...

>> No.6751134

>>6751125
It's not close to that, it is that. At one point someone says to a goat "SHUT UP YOU STUPID OBSERVER WITH NO LOVE!" or something along those lines.

>> No.6751138

>>6751120
Why skip the logic battles?
They have the best music!

>> No.6751143

You fags told me Meta Fights in EP 8 were awesome while they are horrible.

This time they are actually forced and they make literally no sense.

>> No.6751146

>>6751138

That's why in the end I never skipped them.

>> No.6751148

>>6751130
I did

>> No.6751153

Okay so the "WITHOUT LOVE IT CANNOT BE SEEN" refers to love for the Ryu himself?

Basically "shut up and swallow the shit I serve you"?

>> No.6751161

>>6751153
Yes.

That's why 2ch is so fed up.

>> No.6751164

*dragging spleeping bag in the thread*
Hi all!
I will live here until I FUCKING FINALLY GET WUT'S GOING ON WITH MY UMINEKO!!1
Regards, 2-ch.ru Anon.

>> No.6751167

>>6751164
*grabs dick*
*sneak's into your sleeping bag*
ITS ANON TIME XD

>> No.6751172

>>6751161
What was the japanese reaction overall?

>> No.6751176

>>6751052
For me,

7 > 3 => 5 > 4 > 1 > 2 > 6.

8 = ?!?!?

To me, where 8 was the most disappointing was that it felt it went off the rails from EP7 was leading and what it had built. It was like if after everyone dying but swearing to fight on for the good end in Minagoroshi we instead got an elaborate and lovingly crafted story about Ooishi moving on from the Hinamizawa disaster or something.

How Ange was handled was good, the family was fine for what they were--phantoms there for the mission of helping Ange--Battler was mixed but overall fine. Will, Lion, and Beatrice, on the other hand, really bothered me.

>> No.6751179

>>6751172
Same as the Western's fans (with the difference most of them don't need translations). The opinions are really divided.

>> No.6751181

>>6751172
Bad, this time really bad.

People are going "hurr wait for translation" but it is really plainly bad.

The whole meta world is one dickslap into reader's face.

Japanese audience is callng Ryu on that.

>> No.6751182

>>6751125

Wow... insulting the readers. Really, R07?

It seems like he has his head stuck up his ass.

>> No.6751184

>>6751167
So i was prepared.
*takes chainsaw*

>> No.6751190

I only read EP 1 in one sitting , it was that addicting.

It was AND THEN THERE WERE NONE perfected.

>> No.6751191

hey guys when i play umineko in full screen i just get a small box, anyway to change the resolution?

>> No.6751197

>>6751161
Also remember:
We only paid with our time.
2ch at least partly paid with 3000 yen.

>> No.6751201

>>6751083
>entertaing the reader
it's a visual novel that's what it's SUPPOSED TO DO

>> No.6751206

>>6751197
>We only paid with our time.

Are you one yet many?

I've paid for all this shit. I even bought Tsubasa and the fighting game. I've also bought 1-4, and the PS3 game.

>> No.6751207

"BT, thanks so much.
If I hadn't met you, I wouldn't be who I am today.

So, if I stop writing, it will be as though I never met you...
So, I'll grit my teeth and write.
As I remember what you taught me."

You sure are forgeting this quickly Ryukishi turninig into bitter fuck who hates everything.

>> No.6751211

>>6751191
Press F for fullscreen.

>> No.6751213

>>6751207
>You sure are forgeting this quickly Ryukishi turninig into bitter fuck who hates everything.
what

>> No.6751218

>>6751197
Fucking piratefag.

>> No.6751219

>>6751176
>Will, Lion
It didn't really feel like their story was over at the end of Ep7,
so I expected at least SOME development during Ep8.
In the end they almost entirely served supporting purposes.

>> No.6751220

So we are goats because we don't want "IT WAS A DREAM ALL ALONG" ending?

>> No.6751224

>>6751218
And not a single fuck was given.

>> No.6751232

>>6751218

Fucking consumismfag.

>> No.6751241

On unrelated note.

Is ZTS work good overall, because I love his tracks in Umineko.
Where I can buy or download ZTS albums?
I fucking love UNTZ UNTZ.

>> No.6751243

>>6751211
no, I mean when im in full screen , its just windowed mode with black borders around it.

>> No.6751248

Where's my fanart with Goats shitting on R07 stuff?

FUCK YEAH, GOATS!

>> No.6751251

Before I entirely forget about this:

>シーユーヘル
>See you hell.

Engrish, much?

>> No.6751252

>>6751219
I really don't see the big obsession over Will and Lion myself.

I mean, people hate Auau for being a giant invincible Mary Sue... after reading episode 7, I am convinced that Lion is by far the most annoying Mary Sue in the Uminekoverse. S/he's described as successful at everything s/he does, gets along with everyone, liked by everyone, and the key to a happy universe (at least at first)... WHY do people like this person so much?

As for Will, he's all right, if a bit bland in terms of personality. Slight asshole who is nevertheless a "good guy" through and through, but still I didn't feel particularly attached to him (probably because he only showed up when the series was 7/8ths finished).

>> No.6751253

does the music folder have every song from eps1-7 in it?

>> No.6751257

>>6751220
The goats were because you couldn't see it WITH LOVE.

You said Rudolf's family were culprits, heartlessly torturing Ange.
You said Eva's family were culprits, disregarding Eva's efforts to keep the catbox closed.
You said the stakes were paperweights, disregarding their friendship and helpfulness.
You said the siestas were just little figurines, disregarding all the fun Maria had with her friends.
You said Ronove was Genji, disregarding the bromanship of Ronove and throwing it aside.
You tried to say Umineko was a mystery when you couldn't explain how it broke the Knox and Dine rules and couldn't even solve the mystery yourself.
You said Shannon was a fantasy made by the introverted George who always stays at home.
You said Kanon was a fantasy made by the lonely Jessica.

Fucking goat. I hope Will and George smash your face in.

>> No.6751272

>>6751190
Yeah, EP1 was fucking incredible, it was truly a mystery story.

Then he just corrupted it into love drama with an Inception TWEEST at the end, if this is what you get for having love, I'll gladly take a gritty mystery story any day.

>> No.6751275

>>6751252
im in the beginning of the ep7 tea party and so far will is kinda a boring character.
>>6751253
and i mean the music folder in the game files.

>> No.6751276

>>6751257
Logic > Love

Deal with it Ryu.

>> No.6751279

>>6751252

This.

Specially Lion, what's so interesting about a Mary Sue with 0 personality traits excepting pinching butts?

>> No.6751282

>>6751218
lol buyfag.who suffers the most?buyfags of course

>> No.6751285

>>6751253
No. It only has the music for episodes 5 to 8.

There are some songs, that are used during 1 to 4, but not later on.
You won't find those in the music folder of Ep8.

>> No.6751289

>>6751257
So love = delusion, got it. I suppose those psychotics in the mental ward have a metric fuckton of love.

>> No.6751290

>>6751279
>every character I don't like is a mary sue

>> No.6751298

>>6751257
So we are goats because we tried to use logic and fit pieces together?

Oh fuck this.

>> No.6751303

>>6751285
is there a torrent somewhere with all the songs in a mp3 format?

>> No.6751304

While we're on the will and lion topic, just how did they survive catapocalypse?

>> No.6751305

>>6751289
Go watch King of Hearts.

>> No.6751310

>>6751219
Yeah, exactly. I understand Will and Lion are kind of difficult characters to handle, narratively, because they were introduced so late, but felt like they brought in their own trajectory and mission that could easily have been spun off into its own thing. So it didn't feel right seeing them getting sucked in like just like any other fantasy character for MISSION SAVE ANGE. I got attached to them because they felt more textured, "real", with their own thing going on than the other meta-characters (who are pretty passive and obvious devices) besides Beatrice and Battler.

And their ending just left a bad taste in my mouth. If Lion is Beato's last hope for human happiness, and EP7 left Will and Lion in a desperate fight to break through Lion's fate of being killed to save Beatrice, them just sort of chilling in fantasy space playing comic relief badminton without another word to or about Beatrice isn't exactly the outcome I would have liked for them.

>> No.6751317

>>6751304
Well they are not real, but Lambda made them her pieces and set them free.

>> No.6751323

>>6751252
Lion is likable because even though s/he is described as good at everything, which sounds annoying on paper, in practice the character has vulnerabilities and confusions and a fun, sarcastic personality that bounces off Will well. Far fucking cry from Auau.

>> No.6751324

>>6751290

I don't like George and I won't call a Mary Sue. He is too fat to that.

But seriously, is there a single thing Lion does wrong? Loved by everyone, always perfect. You told him his moter is 99,9999% up to not love him and he is like "cool story bro"

>> No.6751330

>>6751290
In this case, the term "Mary Sue" is actually appropriately applied--at least as far as referring to the Mary Sue as an "idealized character" or "the center of attention." Lion is described as nearly faultless and well-loved.

>> No.6751343

>>6751279

"his" buttsex relationship with will that the crazy yaoigirls made up. literally. that's why.

>> No.6751348

>>6751310
I would think by now you would realize the meta-characters play an important role (or at least have some good screentime) for the first episode they are introduced, then are largely set aside.

They get a second episode where they have some importance if they're lucky.

>> No.6751349

You're all goats because you assumed any of those games mattered. It was all fictional stories that meant nothing as far as the story of Umineko was concerned.

You got trolled by R07.

>> No.6751352

Stop bitching about Lion, he's a possibility of like one in two billion or whatever it was, if he wasn't so perfect it would be pretty lame. And he is still disrespected by Jessica, and is extremely naive in his interactions with Bern.

>> No.6751354
File: 26 KB, 260x391, ryukishi_dealwithit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just realize he is a horrible writer. Period. End of the story.

>> No.6751355

>>6751343

Most fangirls would probably hate Lion if his/her gender was reveled to be female.

>> No.6751363

lol r07 was like, "you think you figured me out?, yeah right fagots"

>> No.6751368

>>6751355
Not a fangirl or fan of Lion/Will but I still prefer him as male. Suits him better in my opinion, especially in his relationship with Jessica. I just can't really see him as female for some reason.

>> No.6751372

I have a question for everyone here. Does anyone know the name of the song in the first game when they're making their way to the island on the plane and they start to list the members of the family? I'm not talking about the opening video, but it shows the scenery in Ryu's art style as they get on the plane and take off. It's not on any OST (that I've come across) and I'm getting close to just installing the damn game to hear it one more time. :(

>> No.6751373

I like to think of Lion as male and Yasu as female.

Which is totally contradictory, but that's the way I prefer both of them.

>> No.6751377

>>6751372
It's 'ride on' or something.

>> No.6751382

>>6751377
It is ride on.

>> No.6751384

The only reason I find this ending amusing is because of all those "You need love lol" smugfags who were so confident they knew the truth, and then whatever theory they had was made pointless because nothing was resolved.

>> No.6751387

>>6751372
> :(
Stop that.

>> No.6751388

>>6751352
I didn't really get that Jessica disrespected Lion, it's just her personality and Lion's bounce off in tiffs more often than not. When she talked to Will, I got the feeling more that she was envious of Lion and was a bit uncomfortable with the fact that she had to "live up" to him/her, but didn't particularly hate or dislike him/her. Yeah, Lion appears confused when confronted with the Meta-realities, but he copes with it a lot better than is reasonable (though I don't actually fault the author for this, it's likely done in the interests of pacing--I only bring it up because his "confusions" were mentioned).

And yeah, I'll complain about Lion being perfect. Justify it however you want, he was the most annoying part of episode 7 for me. I thought I'd dislike the Yasu tale more, but I think I have to say in the end Lion's story was more annoying.

>> No.6751389

>>6751368
Is it normal for guys to pinch people's butts in your family? Even if it's their little sister? Sounds like something really girlish to me.

>> No.6751390

>>6751382
>>6751377

Thanks so very much. I love this song.

>> No.6751394

>>6751387
>HURR ANON IS HEARTLESS AND LEGION GET OUT IF YOU SHOW ANY TRACE OF AN EMOTICON!!
gb2/b/.

>> No.6751406

>>6751373

Totally possible, actually. It could be that because yasu was female, she was abandoned by prideful natsuhi. Y'know, since a female couldn't become head. If it was a boy, then more love.

Or you could always say that the sex at first didn't matter, but whether or not lion falls causes the gender to change. If lion fell and the genetalia had to be removed it would default to female, normally.

We know genetalia had to be removed because of the hidden yasu rant when claires guts are spilled open. Just like we find out that kinzo caused the japs and italians to attack each other to get the gold to escape with bechi.

>> No.6751412

>>6751389
Nope, for me that doesn't sound girlish at all for some reason. Maybe because no one does that... I mean really you just don't touch other people's butt... Especially girls are usually pretty considerate and don't touch people in inappropriate ways.

>> No.6751416

>>6751412
You haven't hung around a single female, have you?

>> No.6751438

>>6751412
Females are fucking creepy when they are with their own kind.

>> No.6751442

>>6751416
For some reason I have more female friends than males... and I'll tell you they don't pinch each others butts or touch each other in inappropriate ways. They are pretty cool when it happens in accitend and laugh it off but usually they respect their personal space.
Question have you ever been around girls?

>> No.6751446

>>6750513
Some of things that Jesus say kind of sound like Lambda's stuff.

Always have faith and you will certainly be able to move mountains?

You will certainly go to Heaven if you never stop believing in Jesus and doing good works?

Sounds like you've been beating off to Jesus there.

>> No.6751452

>>6751416
You know, all of those scenes you see in manga or anime of girls touching each others tits and butts and "oh, how big your boobies are!!!" are bullshit.

>> No.6751461

I just thought it over.

This is a test.

If we bitch about this, we won't see the true designated end in Rei.

>> No.6751467

>>6751442
>>6751452
"because my friends dont do it that means nobody does it"

>> No.6751470

Sure got normal all the sudden in this thread.

>> No.6751484

>>6751461

Bullshit. This is just a writer who let's his ideas get in the way of his plans. He thinks it out, writes it down then just throws it out instead of planning how it's going to effect things in the long run then let's the readers do the leg work for him.

>> No.6751486

"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind.
Small words, from a small being, trying to attack what it doesn't understand!"

You all got trolled.
Hard.

>> No.6751496

>>6751467
I said it doesn't sound girlish to me because I can't relate to that. God, this is actually pretty pointless...or and jsut so you know most girls are pretty vulnerable during and shortly after puperty which is why they know how to mind personal space. True story, they are alway exceptions but the average girl does not go around pinching others butts especially not guys. Especially not in japan.

>> No.6751499

Can you explain me why EP 1-4 were so good while 5-8 are pretty horrible aside few moments?

>> No.6751500

>>6751461
Battler will come for me next year!

>> No.6751508

>>6751467
Or maybe because I'm a girl and I know how we are. The only girls you can see doing things like that are lesbian girls, but no straight girl is going to grope other chick.

The only ones I have seen invading other people's personal space are boys.

>> No.6751511

>>6751499
BeaTrice died.

>> No.6751524

>listen back through old tracks
>remember all good moments

;___;

>> No.6751527

>>6751499
I'd say 1-5 were good, 6-8 were shit.

>> No.6751541

>>6751496
"Pinching butts" is the classic fictional hyperbole of a real occurrence or stereotype. Girls are a lot more tactile than boys pretty much everywhere: they hug, kiss, hold hands, etc... You will never see a boy doing that, specially with other boys (unless you are thinking of a peculiar culture).

>> No.6751549

>>6751508
Uh, being a girl doesn't mean you speak for every female on the planet.

>> No.6751572

>>Girls are the only one who can touch other people like this
>>Battler wanting to grab Shannon's breasts

>> No.6751578

>>6751541
>You will never see a boy doing that, specially with other boys

Well, I do that and I'm not a faggot.

>> No.6751595

>>6751578
I am a faggot and I don't do that. The sum of our evidences proves that everyone who doesn't do that is gay!

>> No.6751611

>>6751595
I guess, my dear friend, we've reached a satisfactory conclusion.

Let the theorising begin.

>> No.6751612

>>6751461
Dude, no. I'm not even going to be sarcastic and give you the standard "The story was shit, dealwithit.jpg" response... But it's seriously over, and you have to take the card you were dealt. Denial's just going to make it that much more disappointing.

>> No.6751616

>>6751499
1-4 was a mystery with a side of a truly endearing fantasy world.

5 was still pretty good, but 6 is where it got the results back, and the disease was terminal. There is no fucking reason for Ryukishi to bring Beatrice back at the very beginning of the episode, even if he tried to throw in that she was "different." That was a horrible writers decision, he could have brought her back to save Battler during the end, with the wedding, and it would have been far more powerful. This also marks the last throes of any legitimate mystery, substituted for romance, fantasy, and drama.

7 came, was better, but still introduced pointless new characters, adding to the already terribly bloated roster. Still mostly all fantasy.

Then 8, and we find out that not only are the fantasy portions pointless, which most of us already expected, but so is the mystery portion. Everyone died except for our inept protagonist and an aunt, and nothing was resolved. With this, it becomes clear that there was never a mystery to be had, and we have all been strung along by someone who had no idea what they were doing.

>> No.6751652

>>6751616
>There is no fucking reason for Ryukishi to bring Beatrice back at the very beginning of the episode, even if he tried to throw in that she was "different."

I think that would have worked if Beatrice would have come back, with no memories, but as a new detective. She'd be Erika's rival on 6, win, and remain the detective for EPs 7-8. This was Battler showed he had indeed reached the answer, whilst Beatrice slowly regained her memories.

>> No.6751674

>>6751652
I actually like that idea. It even incorporates that "flip the chessboard" bullshit we haven't heard since like EP4.

>> No.6751678

>>6751616

And yet Ep6 is still the best game.

>> No.6751700

>>6751678
>ep6 is still the best game.

I sincerely hope you meant to say "Still the worst game".

>> No.6751708

>>6751678
I refuse to believe you typed that with a straight face. There is a limit to trolling.

>> No.6751912

Im reading the tea party for ep7, holy shit kyrie is one fucked up bitch, did you ever feel sorry for Rudolf though?
I have a reason, i think that kyrie killed asumu like the yandere bitch she is and brought Rudolf into hell. Rudolf only becomes evil because of kyrie after all. I also think kyrie forced Rudolf to have sex with her, and tricked Rudolf into getting her the baby, also what if Rudolf really did have a child with asumu but kyrie killed the baby? I think she could pull it off with her skills.

>> No.6751983

>>6751708

It's full of Erika trolling and amazing music, which are the only reasons why anyone should read Umineko in the first place.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action