[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 554 KB, 1024x768, Bazinga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6656555 No.6656555 [Reply] [Original]

>Several viewers have noted that Sheldon's behavior is consistent with Asperger syndrome.[3][42][43] The writers have stated that they did not use Asperger syndrome as a basis for the character, but instead thought of his actions as "Sheldony".[42] Series co-creator Bill Prady stated: "We write the character as the character. A lot of people see various things in him and make the connections. Our feeling is that Sheldon's mother never got a diagnosis, so we don't have one".[43] In an interview, Jim Parsons noted the writers' response, but added that in his opinion, Sheldon "couldn't display more traits" of Asperger's.[44] Parsons has read John Elder Robison's memoir Look Me in the Eye about his life with Asperger syndrome, and said that: "A majority of what I read in that book touched on aspects of Sheldon". However, he also stated that "the way [Sheldon's] brain works, it’s so focused on the intellectual topics at hand that thinking he’s autistic is an easy leap for people watching the show to make".[45]

Holy fucking shit, /jp/, not only did the Western corporates start cashing in on our hobbies and sub-culture. Now they've also started using our personality disorders as a vehicle to make even more money.

>> No.6656574

I can't believe that people are paid to write this shit. Even less that people can watch it. I still have so much to learn about the world...

>> No.6656576
File: 18 KB, 319x243, u-mad1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bornoutofbinary.blogspot.com

>> No.6656581

People have been playing mentally disordered on TV for decades now, nothing new about this.

>> No.6656585

>>6656555

Wow, that is one massive wall of green... It's almost painful to look at.

>> No.6656587

>>6656574
>laughtrack.exe

>> No.6656590

>>6656574
Isn't it bizarre? There are a lot of completely unfunny, untalented people out there producing entertainment and getting a lot of money for it. There are a lot of untalented people in general out making bank in the world. The difference between them and /jp/ is that they actually go out and do it.

>> No.6656602

>>6656587
I really mean it, isn't there a bunch of unemployed English major graduate that could write something better than that?

>> No.6656609

>>6656602
Whether they can or not, it's worthless without connections

>> No.6656621

Aspergers is what happened when someone diagnosed a personality.

>> No.6656665

My sister tried to get me into this show the other day. Why must everyone try to make me hate them when we could so easily coexist if they just kept these things to themselves?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action