[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 1.05 MB, 2957x2153, freud.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6368204 No.6368204 [Reply] [Original]

>The book introduces Freud's theory of the unconscious with respect to dream interpretation. Dreams, in Freud's view, were all forms of "wish-fulfillment" — attempts by the unconscious to resolve a conflict of some sort, whether something recent or something from the recesses of the past (later in Beyond the Pleasure Principle, Freud would discuss dreams which did not appear to be wish-fulfillment). However, because the information in the unconscious is in an unruly and often disturbing form, a "censor" in the preconscious will not allow it to pass unaltered into the conscious. During dreams, the preconscious is more lax in this duty than in waking hours, but is still attentive: as such, the unconscious must distort and warp the meaning of its information to make it through the censorship. As such, images in dreams are often not what they appear to be, according to Freud, and need deeper interpretation if they are to inform on the structures of the unconscious.

>> No.6368215
File: 23 KB, 471x333, koishi what.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6368224

"wish fulfillment"

Doubtful, seems more like supplemental job training.

Why the fuck do people have to dream about work every night? I get home, unwind, go to sleep, work a day in my sleep, wake up to my FUCKING alarm clock, commute and then work a day. That's two days, not one.

Can I expect to be paid in my dream world at least?

Fuck you, Freud, give me money.

>> No.6369334

How can you believe in Freud when it's just a theory (a geuss)

>> No.6369336

>>6369334
Nobody believes in Freud.

>> No.6369339

>>6369334
Gravity is a theory. The word you're looking for might be "hypothesis," shitbag.

>> No.6369340

>>6368224
You work in your dreams? Rough. All my dreams are about things people say in IRC. Everyonce in a while I'll get some nonsensical dream though.

>> No.6369823

This is a reason not to believe Freud.
My dreams tend to involve zombies, mysterious phone calls harrassing me and generally unpleasant stuff.
Then there was that brief time when I had a Star Wars alarm clock and my dreams all involved me piloting something in space and ended with me crashing thanks to the bloody thing.
Point is, I think my dreams are more a matter of my sleepy mind interpreting the noises I hear as I sleep.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action