[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 78 KB, 250x246, folder.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6318516 No.6318516 [Reply] [Original]

Good evening /jp/.

Just found out that ムター released an album together with the guys from [MIST] and 東京アクティブNEETs on the latest Comiket and I have to say, I'm quite pleased with what I'm hearing.
Now I'm looking for some more jazz albums, preferably centered around sax, bass and piano. I have the 'big' ones like SWING HOLIC, Azure&Sands, as well as some single albums like 東方幻想曲 from DDBY or DIVIT from SJV-SC.
What am I missing?

>> No.6318526

I found myself listening to this on repeat a few times. It is quite good.

>> No.6318558
File: 770 KB, 600x600, 東方的幻奏小曲集.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sound Holic's old SOUND HOLIC MEETS TOHO series albums contain a few jazz tracks especially 東方的幻奏小曲集 by Geist Jazz Band. These are really good you should check them out.

>> No.6318574

>>6318526
Yeah, it has a nice variety between the tracks and the piano is kick ass.

For those that don't have it yet: [東京アクティブNEETs] 東方爆音ジャズ

>>6318558
Got those already, but thanks.

>> No.6318578

You are missing some extremely good stuff. Specifically, "Nekomonogatari" by Bugbeard (Golden City Factory), and all of Issay and Geist Jazz Band's stuff, which is scattered across various SOUND HOLIC albums. I think you'll find both of those are even better than what you have so far.

Let's see... I have a CD image called "Dana Blue" in my Touhou jazz folder that I haven't gotten around to actually putting into my collection, so look for that.

Other than those, there are a lot of good individual songs hanging around. I would look through the playlist at http://www.youtube.com/user/angelmutsumi.. I've found out about a good chunk of what I have through there.

Anyways, it's always so nice to see people getting into Touhou jazz. I hope you find a lot more stuff that you like!

>> No.6318582

Here's an old thread about some touhou jazz
http://archive.easymodo.net/cgi-board.pl/jp/thread/6233317#p6233323

>> No.6318761

>>6318578
>>6318582
Sweet, thanks.
Real Crossing by SJV-SC hasn't shown up yet, right?

>> No.6318774

Swing hollic, so good.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action