[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 61 KB, 800x546, 800px-Nj06.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
586026 No.586026 [Reply] [Original]

I am curious. Do the Japanese genuinely believe that Nanking never happened, what is their opinion towards their past?

>> No.586040

When Chinese efforts to inflate an impossible, unsubstantiated number like 300,000 and post it big and black on their memorial, it makes it hard to take any of their efforts to address history seriously.

>> No.586049

>>586040
That's the best estimate actually. Nobody really knows as is the case with most massacres. Perhaps you should read the testimony of westerners who set up the safe zone inside Nanking?

>> No.586050

What the fuck is Nanking? Quit making up places.

>> No.586058

It was the Koreans.

>> No.586063

>>586058
:D

>> No.586066

Well, let's not argue about this.

But suffice it to say that few historians would agree with the 300,000 figure for Nanjing, seeing as there weren't even that many people in the city at the time. To state a number like 200,000 would be the maximum extreme mainstream estimate, but that would have to be including surrounding areas and districts around the capital, in the city itself, the original testimony of 15-20k max seems more accurate, which is still a huge number.

It's impossible to say, really it might be far less for all we know, blind numbers are tossed back and forth for purely political reasons.

>> No.586062

>what is their opinion towards their past
apart from a few vocal 2ch trolls and hardcore right-wingers? complete apathy.

>> No.586070

>>586062

This. It's actually quite sad really.

Look at Germany, they have no pride in their past. Sure, Hitler was a fag but you've still got some kickass figures in German History who WERENT nazis you know Germany, like Bismarck.

>> No.586075

>>586066
Haven't they already uncovered MORE than 20k in mass graves alone?

>> No.586086

>>586070

>> No.586090

>>586075

It depends what you call the Nanjing massacre.

There were killings going on all around China and not just those committed by the IJA, and people dying for all sorts of reasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if they found more than 20k in mass graves, but how many of those deaths actually constitute casualties of THE Nanjing massacre proper, and how far outside of the city do you have to go before the number gets blurred in with some of the other huge casualty figures of the war. The people who draw those plots and determine this are the ones using the dead for their political means. It's easier to consider the dead for this massacre as those killed within the city itself by the occupying force, which is a far smaller number than 300,000. The soldiers sure killed a lot of people in there, but they didn't kill the whole city, not even close.

At 300,000, you'd have to murder everyone in the city and their dogs and then spill it out into the suburbs, a nice, big crater of corpses. Which isn't quite what happened.

>> No.586093

harhoahrowahrowahorwa

>> No.586097

>>586090
Oh, I see.

I won't lie, I just detest Japanese nationalism. I find it so excruciatingly annoying. And a lot of modern Japanese nationalism seems to be motivated primarily out of fear at the ascendency of modern China, particularly a fear that the chinks will do to them what they did to the chinks.

>> No.586104

>>586070

They also have some extremely awesome dudes that WERE Nazis, at least nominally. Like Erwin Rommel and Otto Skorzeny.

>> No.586115

It's degenerated to a point where both sides hate each other so much that statistics and facts don't hold any real weight anymore.

>> No.586121

I think a lot of the nationalists today are tired of being bitched at by the Chinese, and tired of feeling sorry about their country. You have to remember that Emperor Showa only died in '89, so it's only comparatively recently that Japanese are free of the living shadow of World War II so to speak, and history can start being addressed. In terms of war crimes, that history isn't nearly as thoroughly "addressed" (ie, executed) as it was in Nuremberg, in a country that was after all, split in two and completely destroyed. Japan by contrast, was kept politically 'intact' very deliberately by American policy, and nationalists from the war were able to insulate themselves in some anachronistic view of history. A lot of people with strange ideas about history are in positions of power in the LDP, but it's comforting to think their not very popular, especially now-a-days with all the pension scandals and what-not. I think the more politically minded Japanese are pretty fed up with the LDP.

>> No.586123

P.R.C refuses DNA investigation of the corpse by Japan.
why?

>> No.586128

>>586066
>>586090
You do understand that counting all the refugees that were pouring into Nanking from all over China made the total population of the general area about 1 million, right?

>> No.586131

>>586123
Can I dig up your grandmother's corpse just to test to see if she's related to you?

You know, just to see if you're really not a bastard child.

>> No.586137

>>586090
Nanjing was the capital, so its population was much more than 300,000. And you know how large Asian cities are.

>> No.586140

I don't care one way or the other but It is just China's way of diverting attention away from the MILLIONS that Mao starved to death and killed which happened my lifetime.

>> No.586142

>>586128
Again it's all about how big you decide to make Nanjing, and how long the massacre, in a war where soldiers were routinely rounding up crowds of people and shooting them throughout the invasion:

>The most conservative viewpoint is that the geographical area of the incident should be limited to the few km2 of the city known as the Safety Zone, where the civilians gathered after the invasion. Many Japanese historians seized upon the fact that during the Japanese invasion there were only 200,000–250,000 citizens in Nanking as reported by John Rabe, to argue that the PRC's estimate of 300,000 deaths is a vast exaggeration.

>However, many historians include a much larger area around the city. Including the Xiaguan district (the suburbs north of Nanjing city, about 31 km2 in size) and other areas on the outskirts of the city, the population of greater Nanjing was running between 535,000 and 635,000 civilians and soldiers just prior to the Japanese occupation.[31] Some historians also include six counties around Nanjing, known as the Nanjing Special Municipality.

>The duration of the incident is naturally defined by its geography: the earlier the Japanese entered the area, the longer the duration. The Battle of Nanking ended on December 13, when the divisions of the Japanese Army entered the walled city of Nanking. The Tokyo War Crime Tribunal defined the period of the massacre to the ensuing six weeks. More conservative estimates say the massacre started on December 14, when the troops entered the Safety Zone, and that it lasted for 6 weeks. Historians who define the Nanking Massacre as having started from the time the Japanese Army entered Jiangsu province push the beginning of the massacre to around mid-November to early December (Suzhou fell on November 19), and stretch the end of the massacre to late March 1938. Naturally, the number of victims proposed by these historians is much greater than more conservative estimates.

>> No.586146

>>586131
Probably, I approve,
if it's necessary to dig up the grandmother's grave in order to know truth.

>> No.586152

>>586137

Not really, actually and with all the bombing, many people fled the city. So how many people were in the city just a few weeks prior to the invasion it's safe to subtract maybe half or more just from people fleeing the city with their stuff. It's impossible to say for sure though.

>> No.586161

>>586140
I don't see how one invalidates the other or how the Japanese should use one for political capital over the other. It's fucking stupid. Mao doesn't really have the cult status in China he once did. And those deaths weren't wanton massacre, just the side-effect of admirable policies implemented in a haphazard way.

>> No.586164

The level of cruelty of certain 'races' and cultural groups in the world is defined from their respective history,
cultural understanding, idea of man and, most important,
their economic situation throughout the whole history.
Japan, for one, has a, compared to other east-asian civilisation - like china, a relative short history as an
'developed' and 'civilized' culture. The first 'modern' Japanese were korean and chinese colonists and refugees
who sailed to one of the poorest (in terms of natural resources) piece of land in whole of asia. So they are
constantly encountered with hardships and a threat of life, which leads to the simple darwinian rule of the survival
of the fittest. This is the main reason for their cruelty against themselfes and against others. Also this constant
poverty can be seen in their art-style, which is really minimalistic, compared to the nearly 'oversaturated' use of
complicated golden ornaments in the chinese art style, which is a symbol for the chinese wealth. Also the typical
japanese admiration of death and perishableness, best be seen in the sakura-festival, where all japanese go out to
watch the falling cherry blossoms who only bloom for two weeks a year, to commemorate the 'beauty of death' of
all existence, is a prove for the high relevance of 'death' in the japanese cultural background.
Also the confucianist idea of man, which they imported from China, has an extraordinary strong impact on their
cruelty when conbined with natural poverty - confucius human-image is a negative one: Humans are evil by nature,

>> No.586169

But confucius also promoted humanism - though he didnt used the western idea of human-'rights', he used the term
'human-obligations', which means that everyone, from emperor to peasant have his very own task to do, no more no less:
i.e. although the emperor is considered as 'almighty' in his idea, he has to be just and human to his subordinates,
otherwise the harmony of the society will be disturbed by unjustified cruelty. So there arent any 'rights' which belongs
to every human by birth, like in the western philosophy, but humanism is more some kind of 'mercy' and
'pragmatic obligation' granted you from your ruler, to ensure social and political stability.

The japanese in this case, couldnt fully implement this confucianist society, because they lack the
imperial system the chinese have.
Japan at that time was divided in many different feudal lords and clans constantly fighting each other
over the throne - it's like china was before the first emperor Qin ShiHuang united the whole country.
So only the negative idea of man of the confucianist philosophy remained, which were intensified by the constant
civil war.

This alltogether combined with strong nationalism and superiority complex during the WWII are the main reason for the special japanese cruelty.

>> No.586172

>>586140
why do we have the same thread, going to the same direction, every time?
btw: starving due to poor policy and slaughtering are different.

>> No.586173

Nanjing was where the Japanese were disgusting. You -can't- wash it away. However, China is pretty damned repugnant for using the dead for propaganda, so I'm on Nippons side. They should teach about it in schools, because it was fucked up, and you need to teach the mistakes along with the successes. I learned about Agent Orange in High School, because it was an American mistake. China looks like paupers, constantly harping on it like an old-west family-feude, so they're fuxxored for that, and it's kind of obvious.

>> No.586174

I think Nanjing is an interesting subject for psychological reasons, and from the perspective of how a military establishment can go totally wrong.
It's a pity that whenever it gets brought up old patriotic passions flair and its impossible to talk about objectively, especially in Japan. You'd have trouble holding lectures on it, or releasing a good documentary film on the subject without getting the necessary small, but disproportionately vocal group of denialists and black-vanners emailing you threats and other shit.

>> No.586178

>>586026

It's in most high school textbooks, contrary to popular beliefs, so yeah, but it's referred to as the "Nanjing Incident" and I don't know what numbers for deaths they cite if any.

>> No.586183

>>586173
On the contrary, it's a small but effective group of Japanese nationalists that constantly rant and rave about Nanking. There has been no 'official' demand for an apology from Japan from the Chinese Government since the Prime Minister admitted something like 'mistakes were made' or some bullshit like that.

>> No.586186

>>586174
Well the Nationalists and black vanners could be silenced if any of Japanese has the balls to threaten the same kind of violence the black vanners threaten and actually carry it out. Any Nationalists in the Education ministry or teaching would have to be thrown out too.

>> No.586194

>>586183

Agreed on this point. The sheer lengths that Jap nationalists go to spread their racist vitriol about China and Korea is simply staggering. They create entire fucking youtube channels devoted to uploading foreign news reports which cast negative light on Korea or China, they create blogs about it, they post their damn kopipe everywhere (as /jp/ is well aware by now).

I'd love to find one of these black van scum fucktards or a futaba member and beat the shit out of them.

>> No.586196

>>586142
This looks like nitpicking. Obviously the Japanese won't just stay in Nanjing city proper since the surrounding towns are also full of soldiers and are considered Greater Nanjing. When geographers talk about populations of cities, they always include the surrounding towns into a greater regional area, unless otherwise noted. E.G. Mexico city proper does not have 18 million people, but it is understood to include the surrounding area as well. New York city does not have more than 10 million, but it is understood that it is the metropolitan area that is being referred to.

>> No.586202

>>586194
You're welcome to visit them at Yasukuni jinja, where they parade up and down in their black vans all the frickin' time.

Are you still gonna so fucking tough face to face with some fanatical kamikaze fucker?

>> No.586210

Black van = Extreme-right wingers = Yakuza = Financial power = Japan won't lay a finger on these motherfuckers.

>> No.586212

I don't see Nanjing as the event where the "Japanese were disgusting" or any event as that event in which this huge, amorphous group of people were "evil" or even worse any kind of reference to race, the kind of argument that might have been popular for the warmongers fighting the conflict in its own day.

Nanjing could happen to any group of young soldiers in an army that was ideologically and administratively out of control. Although it's hard to say when an army fighting a war is "ideologically under control" seeing as war is insane to begin with. These kinds of massacres happened in Algeria by the French, in Vietnam by Americans in conflicts that weren't too different from the kind of total-war counter-insurgency conflict Japanese personnel found themselves in. Even in its own small way, the kind of cruelty and debased humanity of the inmates at Abu Ghuraib in Iraq shows how quickly some "peace-keeping" operation turns into sheer animalistic barbary under the right conditions.

I mean that IJA unit was TOTALLY out of control, they were rounding up and shooting the people contracted by the Japanese government to restore power to the city. The huge problem with the Japanese war machine at the time, is the officers responsible for the events probably got promoted and discretely shuffled up the ranks where they would be out of the way. Between the petty officers with too much power that triggered to war to begin with and the complete failure of the IJA and the Navy to cooperate, and the civilian government's complete powerlessness to hone in this monster, Japan's war effort was almost doomed from the start. At least that's how it seems to us now.

>> No.586220

>>586202
One on one? I'm no internet tuff guy, but I reckon I could take one down in a fair fight. Plus, if they are so awesomely scary and hard, how comes they hide behind their computer screens and chat shit on 2channel all day then?

>> No.586222

>>586212
Unit 731. I don't think that a lot of country did that much.

>> No.586228

>>586202
No worries. I've been attacked by 20 drunk niggers swinging 2x4s, and won. My skull was fractured in 3 places, but I fucking won.

>> No.586229

>>586202
Follow them home, toss coat over them, baseball bat to the ribs and guts. They get away with this shit because no one calls them one it in the interest of "harmony." That is how these fuckers rose to power last time.

>> No.586239

>>586229
It's a distortion of the true Confucian idea of harmony though, dont forget that. See >>586169.

>> No.586244

>>586222

I donno lol, ask the US, they bought their research and hired their scientists.

Military science at the complete expense of humanity? Unit 731 sure is a gruesome example, but the Germany had its secret research divisions, the US and France had its dirty secrets surrounding their nuclear and biological weapons research, don't know about the Soviets but I wouldn't be surprised if they had similar stuff.

>> No.586245

>>586229
Good advice.

>> No.586243

>>586239
Well driving around with speakers blaring is pretty unharmonious.

>> No.586250

>>586212
Part of it is the Japanese's incredible pride and feeling of invincibility. When it took them 3 months to take Shanghai, it was a huge embarrassment and showcased the weaknesses in their command structure. However, the Japanese commanders knew this might happen and wrote that if nothing was done, within 5 years, the Nationalist Chinese would be able to unify the country and take back Manchuria. Thus, they hoped to strike while they were weak and hope for a quick victory. Indeed, the Japanese always fought in the hope of beneficial treaties.

>> No.586252

>>586220

Uh, what else would you do if you were a fanatic nationalist? Spend all day beating up Coreans and running from the cops? Of course they're going to spend their time spreading propaganda, it's not like there's a war they could be fighting or anything.

>> No.586259

I know I asked about this in another thread. But why do the Japanese hate the Chinese so much when literally 99% of their culture came from Chinese civilization, and not just ancient roots either, right up to the end of the Ming dynasty and beyond.

>> No.586260

>>586252
Yeah, but nationalism goes away after the second beating.

>> No.586265

>>586259
If you look at europe you see the same thing, especially in the (dirty and savage) Balkans. There are like five or seven countries that are basically the same (as in up until last week) and all of a sudden LOL massgraves.

>> No.586266

The Japanese are weak militarily and industrially, favouring surprise attacks. They hoped for a victory in the form of concessions within 3 months. However, it took them 3 months to take just Shanghai. The war was something they could not win. Instead, it became a huge drain on manpower and material. Thus, they attempted extreme measures in the hope of victory. The atrocities committed in the war are partly caused by this.

>> No.586268

There is something MUCH more important than raw numbers at stake here: it's admitting fault and admitting that the Imperial Japanese government and military basically committed a lot of different atrocities. These range from massacres and medical experiments (unit 731) to attempting to destroy Korean culture and forcing women into prostitution.

This was a tyrannical government that was evil to it's own people as well, just like the Nazi government.

However, unlike the Nazis, that fucker Hirohito didn't do the honorable thing and off himself. The US occupation also ended up allowing various war criminals to come back to power during the Korean war because they needed a militarized Japan as another wall against the Soviets and Chinese. That's why there is a JSDF. Heck, Prime Minister Kishi was a war criminal! Japanese textbooks, like textbooks everywhere, are also full of lies and omissions. So yeah, many Japanese still don't understand what happened in the war, and why.

Plus there's the huge Japanese ego (they call it "face") getting in the way of admitting anything.

>> No.586271
File: 4 KB, 377x233, 1210314360899.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>586260
I am betting with mostr it would disappear half way through the first beating

>> No.586274

>>586259
Probably through an inferiority complex. They were always weaker and a tributary to to China until a few hundred years ago. And now, it threatens to eclipse Japan again.

>> No.586276

#1. China at the time was not really a country. It was more like Liberia during Charles Taylor, only bigger & multiple Taylors. Everyone was trying to bring law & order to China.

#2. Japan decided enough was enough and tried to do what Bush is doing in Iraq. Full scale organized invasion that destroys a criminal military dictatorship only to fall apart from armed insurgency by foreign armed radicals.

#3. After a big battle, the mercenary army of bandits retreated from Japanese forces into the city of Nanjing. After Japanese forces surrounded the city, instead of laying down arms and surrendering, they pretended to be civilians and still carried out insurgent attacks.

#3. In order to eliminate the insurgency of Nanjing, Japanese forces made an organized attempt to capture & kill these soldiers.

#4. Propagandists would take pictures of dead insurgents that were shooting at japanese soldiers just a few minutes before.

#5. A few officers were overzealous in their attempt to capture or eliminate insurgents, much like in Iraq today.

>> No.586277

>>586266
So. This is unfortunate. Good fucking thing I don't believe in fate, or your vagina-explaination would be acceptable.

>> No.586279

>>586268
All Orientals have the "Face" retardedness

>> No.586292

>>586276
This is hilarious. What a load of shit.

>> No.586293

ITT internet tough guys and armchair historians

>> No.586299

>>586293
sums up pretty much every WW2 discussion off or on line.

>> No.586301

>>586276
Mercenary bandits wouldn't be able to kill 1.9 million Japanese soldiers.

>> No.586303

>>586276
Still, not acceptable.

>> No.586314

>>586293
>>586299

BAWWW! It happens. So, if I rape your mother or daughters, you can console yourself with "it happens".

I wanna eat your fucking faces.

>> No.586324

>>586314
Which is why in most western armies in war time rape is an offense which can get you a summary execution. You don't go handing your Opponent more reasons to want to kill you or keep fighting.

>> No.586328

>>586314
lol, internet tough guy not making any sense
what are you so angry at?

>> No.586342

>>586314
>I wanna eat your fucking feces.

>> No.586348

>>586328
Acceptable loss of control. Bush did it, Nixon did it, and we have embarassment and shame to show for it. Fucking waste of money and manpower.

>> No.586353
File: 40 KB, 169x236, 1210315820269.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>586314
>I wanna eat your fucking faces.

>> No.586356

>>586123
lol fuck off jap

you arent wanted here.

go away.

>> No.586361
File: 12 KB, 377x233, 1210316024506.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>586123
Nationalist shit bag We should have hung your Emperor too

>> No.586379

>>586276
china was japan's iraq? sounds plausable. im sure a few years after the iraq war ends a "nanjing massacre" will be revealed.

>> No.586380

>>586123
>>586356
>>586361

That's something a third party should do. Like Sweden, or something.

>> No.586384

>>586379
Bad comparison. Japan was fighting a full scale war against China, and was under a state of total war. Iraq is barely stressing the US at all.

>> No.586389

>>586173
>I learned Agent Orange in High School

What is Agent Orange a new type of KoolAid?
Or, is it a type of additive for Fanta Orange
when Coca Cola was busy selling Fanta to the Nazis during WWII?

>> No.586392

>>586384
It's laying waste to the economy since it's all being put on a credit card. Oil didn't go up, the dollar went down.

>> No.586398

>>586392
That has more to do with the economic situation rather than the war. Honestly, it's like the US isn't fighting a war at all, since it doesn't affect day-to-day life for the population.

>> No.586401

>>586392
oil being traded in dollars is the only thing keeping the dollar afloat. if oil switches to the euro, the dollar becomes worthless. enjoy 1930 depression only worse because you can't buy oil for your cars & industry with green toilet paper. wal-mart & best buy shut down overnight because they can't buy anything.

>> No.586404

Everyone wants chinese people dead anyway.

>> No.586407

>>586379
Actually, we hear about that shit pretty much as it happens. The embarassments of Blackwater, and their fuck-ups, the retarded shit the troops do, the retarded orders the troops recieve(firing all the good generals and keeping the ones that follow orders? DRR, DRR, DRR...), We have no illusions about the fuxxored shit President Cheney did, and America is hankering to limit presidential power, permanently.

>> No.586411

>>586401
China currently likes dollars it has more of them than anyone on the planet. I don't think China wants to see them turn to shit.

>> No.586412

>>586398

Fucking up the economy has a lot to do with my day-to-day life. It'd have a lot more to do with it if I actually owned a car.

>> No.586413

300000 isn't that big of a number for a genocide.

>> No.586414
File: 49 KB, 640x480, 1210316978463.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>586407
Yes tell us more.

>> No.586416

>>586389
Agent orange is just a herbicide (weed killer) that they sprayed everywhere in vietnam because there were too many fucking plants.
Side effects are all imagined unless you fucking drink it which kills you with regular weed killer anyway...

>> No.586422

>>586413
It is given the time period.

>> No.586428

>>586411
china doesn't have a real economy. only a parasite exporting economy entirely based on inflation. if they have no export customers the economy will collapse overnight. the EU could have a total embargo of import/export and be ok.

Bush didn't suck arab dick to get lower oil prices, it was to ensure they continued to use the dollar.

>> No.586429

>>586422
How long did the massacre go on?

>> No.586430

>>586412
Still, Japan's war cannot be compared to this. Your relatively minor inconvenience is nothing compared to the hundreds of thousands of casualties just in China and severe rationing that existed in Japan.

>> No.586431

>>586401
Saudi-Arabia doesn't want to be glassed. The dollar may be worth less, but the Dollar is what oil will continue to be traded with. When the Saudis tried to switch, suddenly they couldn't talk to anyone, and invasion seemed imminent. They realised the magic of staying on America's good side.

>> No.586432

>>586389
Agent Orange is a futa doujin artist.

>> No.586436

>>586413
As historical Chinese atrocities go it's pretty small, as a recent historical event caused by an external foe it is rather large. It would be interesting to get a figure of everyone who died as a result of the "Cultural Revolution" or the "Great Leap Foward"

>> No.586437

>>586430

I strongly disagree. My minor inconveniences are worth more than a billion dead chinks, thank you very much. Not like they're in danger of going extinct or anything, fuck.

>> No.586439

>>586430
rationing was due to US embargo. Japan tried to buy oil & foodstuffs from south america, but was blocked by US warships.

>> No.586440

>>586436
Revolution is never a pretty thing.

>> No.586441

>>586431
Saudi-Arabia doesn't have anyone else to defend it's shipping lanes or Oil.

>> No.586448

>>586441
spain is currently building an aircraft carrier for the UAE.

>> No.586451

>>586441
Hell, or even their damned internet, LOL!

>> No.586453

>>586440
I heard of a train load of Nationalists Chinese family members that said the train they were on saw the ditches on both sides of the railroad filled with blood as it fought its way out so they could flee to Taiwan.

>> No.586454

>>586448

Oh shit, SPAIN? That's some hardcore shit right there! Maybe they can buy some Mexican submarines, too. Perhaps a few Zambian destroyers?

>> No.586455

>>586413
Stalin would have loved you.

>> No.586457

>>586448
LOL!

>> No.586458

>>586436
Third-party estimates: about 50 million for Great Leap + turning back Chinese industry by more than a decade.

>> No.586462

>>586454
They may already have some German ones. Germany make great Submarines (deisel electric) for export.

>> No.586467

>>586453
fuck off jap.

>> No.586469

>>586454
racist. the mexican navy has excellent 3rd hand equipment at low low prices.

>> No.586493

>>586467
Sorry `merican heard this story 4th hand from a family member of a old Missionary to China who is also married to a Taiwanese. The blood was Communist blood and the Chinese Nationalists were doing the killing trying to get their family members out in thier last stand. The Nationalist killed many, many fellow Chinese before and after WW2.

>> No.586511

>>586493
Of course they're trying to escape. Looks like it was worth it as Taiwan is a much better place to live than the mainland (GDP per capita and freedom).

>> No.586525
File: 13 KB, 251x282, 1210318840129.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>586467
VEGETA WHATS THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS CHINK LEVEL?

>> No.586532

>>586525
Over 1.3 billion.

>> No.586544

Lick my balls, send a cake in an envelope, and blow out that lightbulb because Pikachu says no to vegetarians

>> No.586547

>>586493
The commies did likewise, and aside from Mao and the CCP's lies, you can thank the nationalists for fighting against the Japanese during WWII. Commies focused on taking them down after the war and took the time to build up their forces while providing very minimal help.

>> No.586548

>>586401

European businesses are always complaining about how all other currencies are cheaper and destroying their export industry. I don't see why it would be beneficial to tie oil to the Euro, especially if they're able to buy for cheaper for now.

>> No.586552
File: 30 KB, 440x321, 1210319274307.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>586532
WAY OVER NINE THOUSAND!?

>> No.586559

>>586552
And rising.

>> No.586560

>>586548
Yeah, A oil-based Euro would devalue all their exports. If it goes that way, they'll be importing wine to France.

>> No.586564
File: 29 KB, 440x321, 1210319583893.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>586559
HOLY FUCK VEGETA

>> No.586570

>>586070
>>German History
You mean Prussian.

>> No.586624

>>586548
All Europe does is whine.

>> No.586631

>>586624
Whinge.

>> No.586662

>>586631
Whinge is UK English, whine is North American.

>> No.586668

FAKE OF NANJING.

>> No.586681

>>586668
die.

>> No.586695

Pics, or it didn't happen.

>> No.586699
File: 256 KB, 687x1000, 1210321802622.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No one cares about the nanking.

>> No.586702

>>586668
Nationalist Japanese or a Weeaboo in denial, either way fuck off.

>> No.586705

>>586681
>>586702
Obvious chinks.

>> No.586726

>>586702
Not to many Germany.

>> No.586730

>>586702

CHING CHONG WONG KUNG PAO SHLONG

>> No.586739

>>586702
YUU RIKKKA EGG RORRU? O YOU TINK CHING CHONG FOOD SO VERIE GOOD? YOU PIG DISGUST AMERIKKAN!

>> No.586755

All the Japs I know get really uncomfortable and apologetic whenever I mention WW2, the Ainu, or anything like that.

I'd say denying all the Nanking crap is about on the same level as Americans denying genociding Native Americans, or the British denying any of their many colonial massacres. Most young people accept it, but a lot of the older generation like to stick their fingers up their ears and go laalaalaalaalalalaaa.

>> No.586764

no one cares about japan.

korea is where it's at.

>> No.586765
File: 17 KB, 327x242, 1210323142872.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>586705

>> No.586779

>>586755

they apologize when you piss them off. You're understanding them wrong. You should of apologized back for making them uncomfortable.

>> No.586795

>>586755

My grandpa used to steadfastly deny Vietnam. Like, that there was no such thing as Vietnam at all. No war, no country, no concept, no nothing. What scares me (and makes me a little jealous) is I think he actually believed it. I wish I could lie to myself like that, shit.

>> No.586805

>>586795
Was he there?

>> No.586814
File: 23 KB, 415x311, 1210324439259.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>586764

>> No.586816

>>586795
I mean, did he fight there? Because my dad was like that about WWII.

>> No.586817

>>586805

No way, too old. My dad was. My grandpa was in WWII.

>> No.586823

>>586795
doublethink, heh

>> No.586824

>>586814

I know you are lurking in this thread.

Do you see how much 4ch hates Japanese idiots?

Uyoku moron, go away!

>> No.586822

>>586765
Posting that only confirms it. I don't support the massacre, but stop bitching about it when you get trolled.

>> No.586836
File: 12 KB, 241x341, 1210325095571.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.586840

>>586824
Corean eat dog.

>> No.586848
File: 73 KB, 300x300, 1210325350968.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.586858
File: 124 KB, 796x597, 1210325626492.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>586840

>> No.586919

>>586858
More like Korean eat puppy.

>> No.586923
File: 35 KB, 360x480, 1210326702081.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>586919

>> No.586932

>>586026

some do, some don't. not all japanese people are the same. SPOOK!

>> No.586945

What's wrong with eating dogs or cats?

>> No.586946

>>586923
delicious dog you must eat

>> No.586944

>>586858
i am genuinely disgusted. y u do this?

>> No.586958

>>586945
Have you see the shit Dogs eat?

I prefer, Cows, pigs, Chickens and Fish.

>> No.586960

>>586958
To be fair, fish eat and swim in their own poop.

>> No.586972
File: 75 KB, 500x757, 1210329006944.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To be fair, Corean eat their poop.

>> No.587002

>>586972
Thanks I been wanting this picture. I'll be sure to put it to good use.

>> No.587010

>>586958
You do realize that pigs wallow in their own feces, right?

>> No.587078

>>587010
You don't see me eating their skin either.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action