[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 75 KB, 1024x599, 1275578666997.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5840392 No.5840392 [Reply] [Original]

Hey, /jp/, have you ever wondered how Japan would react to western videos and shit? I do. Like, all the time. Do they make stupid memes out of our videos? Do they pirate The Venture Brothers? Are they thinking of me when they look at the moon, like I think of them?

What would they think of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ybufq1T5io&feature=player_embedded

>> No.5840401

We don't know because we are not like.. you know, japanese.

>> No.5840409

No, I've never wondered that.

Why do you care what Japan thinks about the west?

>> No.5840414

Go to nico and search for "avgn"

They wwwww to his videos just as much.

>> No.5840416

japan is gay

>> No.5840420

Yes, they do make memes out of it

They absolutely loved that video of the kid sticking the phone up his ass while faking a freakout over WoW. Tons of shit on Nico about that.

>> No.5840423

>>5840409

I've always thought the way cultures interacted was cool. European-American interactions are kind of predictable, since we basically have the same heritage, and we've maintained close contact through the years. But I think East-West relations are cool, because the two cultures are so vastly different. I may be able to infer how a German person may view something compared to a French person, but I have no cultural background for Japanese people. It's alien to me, therefore interesting.

>> No.5840431

They find white people raging and doing gay bondage hilarious.

>> No.5840443

they have the same shitty taste in tv shows as westerners

>> No.5840445

I always wanted to see how they'd react to shows I watched in my childhood like Urkel or He-Man. Other than that, not really. I don't pay enough attention to western media anymore to think that about recent stuff.

>> No.5840457

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4KZPiT4ZIQ

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action