[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 333 KB, 800x800, 1260126398392.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4955309 No.4955309 [Reply] [Original]

ShKanon, Jesstrice, Kyrietrice, Doubletrice... those things are all based around an idea of schizophreny that, in it's basis, is only slightly poked at in the novel. As Umineko is an deconstruction of the whole detective genre, those offer no actual expandation of current themes.

It tires me. Let's think up something new and fresh about Umineko. Or else - let us reminiscence about post-E4 and it's theories. In my memory, those were the only really good Umineko theorizing times.

>> No.4955345

>>4955309
Like what?

I mean, the only post-E4 theories that would play out now and are being ignored are the gamebreaking ones. Shkanontrice is as gamebreaking as anything. And while most people are bracing for "okay, so the solution is shitty but at least it has love!" ending, like in Higurashi which pretty much screwed all and any development of "friendship and hard work to escape the loop"(by having an deus-ex-machina ish Rika), I guess Umineko is going to screw "If you won't stop thinking, you can solve it".

>> No.4955363

>>4955309
This is a story about love, and yet there's no love for Kinzo. So many theories based on the assumption that he's a crazy psycho asshole who mindraped his servants or something. But what solid evidence is there, really? Isn't that impression of him based on a huge pack of lies?

>> No.4955366

>Or else - let us reminiscence about post-E4 and it's theories. In my memory, those were the only really good Umineko theorizing times.
That's because you only started reading Umineko after EP4 was translated. That was when the Umineko fanbase really started going to shit.

>> No.4955379

>>4955309
Really? Because all I remember from post-E4 was SMALL BOMBS SMALL BOMBS LOL.

>> No.4955391

>>4955363
Well, I guess Natsuhi wouldn't be so much all over him if he was only a great person by making lots of money. He basically ignored his whole family for decades and did a lot of nasty stuff like playing around with her motherhood, so where did her love come from?

Yeah, I guess it could be like in Ever17, it is suspicious because that guy was someone completelely different to begin with.

Then again, he never trusted Natsuhi.

>> No.4955400

I suggest we wait for the game to be fucking concluded so we know who is the culprit, inb4 the heart

>> No.4955405

I propose Kyrie=Kasumi.

It IS about twins, but those two people who are supposed to act out the twin part of this story are just a decoy.

>> No.4955414

>>4955400
You mean the opening one from E3? E3 Natsuhi=Beatrice one?

>> No.4955433

>>4955405
Funnily enough, this does not conflict Knox, because having seen the person at the beginning=/=Knowing who he actually really is.

Also, all that stuff about ShKanon and nothing about Fuukuin House, something's fishy.

>> No.4955436

>>4955414
I dunno Bro, I still gotta play episode 1 here.

>> No.4955442

>>4955400
That daily ShKanontrice circlejerk is horrible though. It's not like it can be dealt with, it's just annoying. Yeah, I know, it's possible and by now very propble, but you can't solve everything with it, stop using it to fill gaps in your logic.

>> No.4955454
File: 96 KB, 640x480, THE HEART.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4955414

>> No.4955455

>>4955405
I'm curious what you mean by this.

Do you mean that there is no Kasumi, and the Kasumi we see in the future is actually Kyrie? Or do you mean that Kasumi switched with Kyrie' Shmion-style' with the intention of wrecking her sister's perceived happy life?

>> No.4955500

>>4955433
Fuukin House is strange in itself. Why would Kinzo support an orphanage anyway? He could afford any trained servant he wanted, and despite having worked for him most of their lives, Shannon and Kanon aren't the best at their jobs, be it being clumsy or lacking the strength to do certain tasks, so what makes them so special?

Are they even special at all? Or is it just a coincidence that those two are on the island and not any other -on servants from the orphange?

>> No.4955521

>>4955455
I thought like this:
It's based on an assumption that pretty much all the real characters are written in a way that makes you sympathise with them, but Kasumi is the only person that is descrbed to be hopelessly outright evil.

So, let's say it's like with Mion: It doesn't matter whether Kasumi had the guts to kill Kyrie when she snapped, the important thing is that she is out of the way.

I don't know if Rudolf could be fooled about his wife, so let's say he plays along the whole time. I'd say he could be pressed by Kasumi that she would have tea with Battler and Ange. Kasumi's plan is simple: She has bussiness record of Kinzo having a gold ingot. She knows that the Krauss family branch will press the family through letters and such to solve the epitaph. When the gold is discovered, she gets her group of Goathugs, cleans up the remaining people and claims the gold for herself. However, except for E3, she always dies before she can contact her men and there in the third game, she is outwitted by both Eva(who found the gold without her noticing, also by making Battler seem dead and later fixing him up as Amakusa) and Natsuhi(who faked her death and delayed her, protecting Jessica).

The thing with Ange is her covering up her mistakes. Sucks to be Battler in such a scenario.

>> No.4955550

>>4955500
If E6 game script is to be believed, Kanon was taken out by Kinzo to hunt and appeared to be an genius at shooting. I guess such a person could really pull of the whole E1, shooting eleven people in the head, often in barrages(Because one aginst six at once) is really no small feat.

No info concerning ShKanon, though. A lot sauce on George, but it still doesn' make him that interesting.

>> No.4955567

>>4955550 *no info concerning Shannon in E6
fix'd

>> No.4955569

>>4955550
He does seem to be closer to Kanon that he is to Shannon. At one point, he encourages Kanon to solve the epitaph and even offers him candy. As for Shannon, he views her more as a nuisance.

>> No.4955575

>>4955550
Interesting. If the rumor about the stake-launcher is true, then it would need to have been used by someone who's had experience with it, because accuracy with the body parts is the whole point of it, and I'd assume it'd be different from a regular gun in terms of how it handles, kinda like comparing a rifle to a crossbow.

>> No.4955612

>>4955575
The stake-launcher is not needed at all, Battler himself said you could propably shoot them and then just jam it in.

But if it's real, it will a brilliant troll. Everyone's expecting some stupid side-theory like Small Bombs to come true anyway.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action