[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 28 KB, 330x500, remembering-the-kanji-1-heisig.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3975806 No.3975806 [Reply] [Original]

I've been going through this for a couple weeks now. How long did it take for you to complete this?

>> No.3975843

like 2 days, i'm chinese

>> No.3975906

>>3975843
>i'm chinese

That's too bad.

>> No.3975911

About a year.. Far too long. But it was very worth it I'd say.
If you want to make it shorter you can try "RTK lite" which has all the JLPT2 kanji plus the kanji that make up those kanji which is around 1300 characters. Then just take it from there and learn new kanji as you need them. There's lots of pretty useless characters in the jouyou list so this might be worth considering. If I had to start over that's what I'd do.

If you're interested check out the http://kanji.koohii.com forums if you didn't know about it already. Heck, check it out anyway, there's lots of useful information regarding RTK and learning Japanese in general. It's a very friendly and *mature* community. You won't find any 13 year old weeaboos there.

>> No.3975923

I'm only at the character learning stage before the actual readings etc, been doing it since july, now I'm at 1400~

5-15 new characters per day + anki

You could easily do more, I don't.

>> No.3975955

>>3975911
Thanks, but I have already have been using that. The stories users create are much easier to remember then the ones in this book.

>> No.3976160

You guys are wasting your time if it doesn't let you read the language.
You should only be using Heisig if you have trouble remembering kanji you're supposed to already know.

>> No.3976168

in your study, what are you doing to learn the characters ? ie- do you write them out 20 times, for example., etc...
what study methods are you using ?Asking because I am struggling with this....thanks..

>> No.3976174

Why would you use RTK? It doesn't even teach you Japanese.

>> No.3976330

RTK is for people who already know how to read the kanji, but can't write it.

>> No.3976425

>>3976168

I learn them from the tactile practice of entering them into my dictionary.
That's pretty much it.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action