[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 92 KB, 582x433, 1255816757602.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3879785 No.3879785 [Reply] [Original]

So, is anyone else here living on their own? How are you guys coping with the overwhelming loneliness?

I used to think I would enjoy solitude, but this is driving me insane. I have no one to talk to online and off, and I'm terrible at making any long-term friends. At this point I figure I'm going to end up dying alone without accomplishing anything worthwhile in life. Am I being too negative about all this?

>> No.3879788

i live alone in a 2 bedroom flat

i can be naked anytime and fart anywhere
it is my palace

>> No.3879786

If you are depressed, change yourself.

If you hate change, then you have a problem and should either seek professional help or cope with it.

>> No.3879796
File: 1.04 MB, 1536x2048, IMG_0009.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

yes, I live alone.

my birds keep me company.

>> No.3879802

Study things or two about pets, and then try to keep one.

Try to accept that weak ties and shallow relationship, online and offline is fine too. As long as you can connect and talk with someone else about anything interesting for both of you.

>> No.3879808

Yes, you are. Isolation is not so bad, you should learn to embrace it and it's positive qualities. You don't have to listen to noisy people congregating outside your door on weekends, you don't need to use filthy communal bathrooms with cockroaches in the sink. You can study without outside distraction whenever you want. Don't have to worry about suppressing your power level in front of roommates/people.

I think you're putting too much emphasis on socializing. You can still accomplish things without being a social butterfly; just talk when you need to talk and with the right people.

>> No.3879816

>>3879785
If you're going to live alone, you have to set your own standards. If the thoughts 'I'm doing nothing useful to the world', 'I'm going to die alone', 'No one gives a fuck about me now nor will they ever' bother you, you're valuing things that don't match your life style.
Either get out more or change your priorities. Pick up plenty of hobbies, that's what makes me happy.

>> No.3879827

Unless you're Genghis Khan or Arnold Schwarzenegger or some shit like that, you'll have a boring shit life anyway. This is normal. Just try not to spend it too horribly, like pretending a caged animal loves you for example.

Unless it cooks you spaghetti - that is a true sign of unconditional, sexually unrestrained love.

>> No.3879840

Just get some hobbies and try new stuff out, it might seem overwhelming but you're completely in control of how you live your life.

Start simple with exercise, like running or joining a gym, then try out other new hobbies from there.

>> No.3879848

>>3879840
Definitely seconding living healthier even if you're a shut-in. I used to have a shitty diet so I started taking multivitamin supplements and just did basic work-outs. Started feeling way better ever since.

>> No.3879861

You're being too negative about it. If there's no one at home, there are other places you can be. If don't like spending all day alone, aside from getting a pet you can also go out and spend time elsewhere. I think though you'll feel as lonely anywhere else the way you are currently, though.

... A way to help you be more social: When you need to buy something, try holding a short conversation with the person behind the register. It can be about what you're buying "Yeah, I thought I'd try a new brand of coffee" or the weather, or anything that comes to mind. Don't worry about offending them or looking stupid, because you never need to interact with that specific person again. Do this every time you go and buy something until it no longer feels awkward, and you can even hold a conversation for longer than it takes to check out a week's worth of food at the grocery store.

Then just try and act the same way with other people, and you'll be able to make friends. Probably.

Sage because this is definitely not /jp/ related advice.

>> No.3879872

That picture is adorable. Someone please photoshop it into 1680x so I can use it for a wallpaper: it's my life.

I'm 23 and I have so little of a life that I had to think what age I was while writing this sentence, because nothing has happened from between the time I aged from 22 to 23. I live at home. I have a strange job, it's more or less reviewing but I can do it from home. My work gets sent to me.

Living at home with my mother still feels lonely, though. It's not a good thing. We had a cat for 18 years which died in 2006 due to liver failure, and since both my mother and I love cats, it was a huge blow. Love to get another pet but my mother has the whole "but I don't want to REPLACE him" thing going on.

I recommend a cat, or dog, whichever type of person you are. Living in isolation isn't that bad, but whatever you do, DO NOT get attached to people over the internet that you'll never meet, and don't know. This is the internet, you can get easily disheartened and backstabbed in the blink of an eye, and people almost always think before they type, so their true feelings are usually hidden, even if they hate your guts.

I'd be your friend, but unless you want to talk about importing Japanese goods and video games all day, I make shitty company.

>> No.3879895

>>3879872
Hey, friends with common interests are always fun. Don't be so hard on yourself!

>> No.3879912

>>3879785
>Am I being too negative about all this?
Yes.

Fuck, I haven't stepped outside the house in so long I can't even remember, I haven't talked to anyone outside my family in at least 10 months, and I haven't done anything but random things to kill time, from 4channing to playing games like Rance or Dwarf Fort. I have no friends, and while I used to have this one friend from high school text me often, she must have gotten a boyfriend or something and forgot about me, since I haven't heard from her in quite some time.

Am I lonely? A little, I guess. Enough to want to stop this lifestyle and 'go change'? No, not really. I enjoy my life. I get to wake up whenever I want, I don't have to deal with annoying people, I can spend my time however I want, I don't have to worry about how I talk, or what to say, or anything like that since I only type.

But, despite how much I enjoy the way I live right now, I'm getting forced by my parents to either get a job or to go off to college.
Dammit, what a pain in the ass.

>> No.3879924

>>3879872
OP here.

I never have been too fond of pets before, but that option is out the window since I'm not allowed to have pets in this apartment I'm in now. I also can't smoke in or around the apartment complex, which is something I greatly miss doing. I also can't cause too much noise, so that rules out any louder hobbies (i.e. music, woodworking, etc.).

I guess I could try working out sometime. I'm not exactly fat, as I bicycle to work and my job is rather physical, but I could stand to lose some pounds anyway.

>> No.3879933

Having no girlfriend is making me lonely. I would really love a soulmate, I could care less about friends.

>> No.3879966

I live alone in a three-bedroom house that I own. It's awkward having so much empty space, but beyond that I don't really mind it. Then again, I spend about 50-60 hours a week at work so it's not like I'm home and awake all that much. ;_;

>>3879872
Most of my relationships have been through (or at least started through) the Internet. It's a lot easier to maintain them when you aren't talking behind people's back; just like in real life that will piss people off quick.

>> No.3879996

I live on my own, and cope with my ronery in the following ways:
1. By loving cheap three room place (kitchen/living room combo, a bathroom and a bedroom).
2. By being content with my infra red space heater, that heats all three rooms since there's no central heat and no air conditioning (I have a fan for summer).
3. By owning this cool little fridge that has a tiny space freezer drawer bellow it.
4. By having an entire kitchen of my custom cooking utensils and supplies. I cook japanese, chinese and korean meals regularly.
5. By having the most comfy bed in the world filled with all sorts of pillows and my awesome quilt all matching right in the middle of my bedroom.
6. My little laptop and its wireless connection right next to my bed.
7. My table is one of those wonderful japanese tables that I can sit at on a pillow. Its actually the most expensive thing I bought since the fridge I have was bought used.
8. My plates bowls cups and eating utensils are all japanese style so I can pretend I live in japan.
9. At the table I've sat a mannequin and dressed it EGL style. I serve it food whenever I cook for myself. She never eats anything though.
10. I've placed various dolls and mannequins all female and dressed egl or oriental style around my room to keep my company at night.
11. posters of my favorite anime characters and girls from my favorite idol groups.
12. my collection of imported games and game systems.
13. the clothes i've been making from scratch EGL style for my mannequins to wear ive been studying how to make clothing like this and i'm starting to get sort of okay!
14. My digital photo holders around my house that feature my custom 3D girl, they transition between different activities and clothes.
15. My widescreen TV I play my games on.
16. My little shelves on which I put my clothes which are pretty ratty I guess since I haven't really spent money on clothes for myself in years.

>> No.3880002

>>3879996
+1

>> No.3880009

>>3879872 here.

>>3879966

People on the internet and in communities talk behind each other's backs all the time though. It's as bad as, if not worse as, talking behind someone's back in real life. The freedom of speech that the internet gives you means you're more likely to express your opinion about someone behind their back, there's no way this can be avoided. Happens to everyone, all the time.

What I meant was, the majority of the people that do this are probably people you don't know in real life, and there is, literally, no consequence to your real self if you/if others do so. You might end up losing friends online, but in reality it doesn't change anything.

>>3879924

I don't think working out is going to be all that time consuming. Sucks that you can't get pets. Gaming eats up a good amount of my time so, if you're not already doing that, maybe try it out. I don't really have any other suggestions.. sorry.

>> No.3880011

>>3879996
This makes me sad; I wish I could get out of my mother's basement and have my own awesome neethouse.

>> No.3880012

Just keep doing things, exercise, cook, watching anime, read mango, play games, if you have an arcade nearby, visit it often.

I always read about ALTs in Japan who constantly visit arcades and stores to cure their ronery, Japan caters to the ronery pretty well.

>> No.3880013

>>3879924
Get some crazy ass headphones, it's almost like you have a speaker system in your ears. Instrument wise, amplifiers have input jacks for headphones to allow quieter playing. That's how I cope with the sound issues.

Gyms are great, good way to get in shape and to keep your mind busy. You can also meet people there. Gotta stop thinking that you won't ever make friends, it's really self destructive to think that way.

>> No.3880015
File: 275 KB, 930x791, 153913acbb533b9909637e376bca6613.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3879996
Awesome.

>> No.3880016

>9. At the table I've sat a mannequin and dressed it EGL style. I serve it food whenever I cook for myself. She never eats anything though.

lol

>> No.3880019

>>3879996
Living the dream.

>> No.3880020

>>3879996
Wanna be dat mannequin.

>> No.3880021

you sound like you are extroverted OP, that sucks for you

>> No.3880027

>>3879785
I have too shit of a character to have friends.
They are becoming irritating and uninteresting after a month or so. And I dont want to be mad at them.

So the loneliness is the only way for me.
To cheer myself when facing troubles and depression I think of some mango characters that was alone and cool by themselves, like Killy.
Its dumb and childish but it helps at least.

>> No.3880038

>>3880011
>neethouse
I have a job so I can't really be a neet anymore I work at a gas station down the street. Well I actually make pizza the station has a little pizza place in the back and I got hired to work in there because I have cooking experience from an earlier job from Highschool days and before I dropped out of community college (not enough money once I moved out and not illegible for financial aid) I was in the cooking program.

>> No.3880053

>>3880020
Nah, I don't want to be any of them. They're just better than no company. I've tried talking to people around my area sometimes but they always think I'm weird except this one person who actually came over once... they never would talk to me again after seeing my place and pretty much instantly leaving. It's not a dirty place even I keep it clean...

>> No.3880066

>>3880053
Don't worry Anonymous, you're not strange to me! I'm sure you're a great person! Don't give up hope, I'm behind you 100% of the way! You'll definitely find friends you can be comfortable with!

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action