[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 39 KB, 400x300, muv luv alt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3728175 No.3728175 [Reply] [Original]

New poll thread

>> No.3728180

[23:14] <~Moogy> [22:14:17] <Fungi> MAAAAAAAYBE
[23:14] <~Moogy> re: sky
---
[20:45:56] <kViN> Ixrec, please say "No I won't absolutely ignore Extra and Unlimited if Alternative wins"
[20:46:02] <kViN> so I can paste it every time someone says we shouldn't vote for MLA
[20:46:14] * Ixrec|asleep is now known as Ixrec
[20:46:32] <&Ixrec> there is a strong possibility I will translate a significant portion of Extra and Unlimited in the event Alternative wins
---
<Ixrec> Swan Song's pretty easy, yeah
<izmos> and you liked it right
<Ixrec> there's one scene with a bunch of Buddhist terminology I didn't know
<Ixrec> 9.5/10 yeah, just a little
<Ixrec> and that's it unless you find text walls hard
<izmos> seems like to me it's a pretty good idea to do it as a side project indeed. I can only see it or some really large stuff to win
<Ixrec> if something huge wins
<Ixrec> like the rules say
<Ixrec> the runner up will likely be done between partials
<Ixrec> unless runner up is also huge
<Ixrec> then I'll just make an executive decision and everyone will live with it
<izmos> which means that if Swan song gets to be the top second it'll be translated, unless for some reason a surprising short/medium vn wins

>> No.3728178

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LdjrC4bgIs
Forgot your link

>> No.3728186

http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/blog/?p=266
As far as I can tell, nominations are finished, and the fifty candidates are as follows:

ABYSS -Satsujin Club-
Atlach-Nacha
Ayakashibito
Baldr Sky Dive1 "LostMemory"
Blue Blaster
Bullet Butlers
Cannon Ball ~Neko Neko Machine Rage Race!~
CARNIVAL
Coµ - Kuroi Ryuu To Yasashii Oukoku
Eden* They Were Only Two, On The Planet
Extravaganza
11eyes
Flyable Heart
FOREST
Fortune Arterial
France Shoujo ~Une Fille Blanche~
Gunjou no Sora wo Koete
Gun Katana
Hikari no Valcia ~What a beautiful hopes~
H2O: Footprints in the Sand
Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
Ikusa Megami Zero
I/O
Itsuka, Todoku, Ano Sora ni
Kara no Shoujo
Katahane
Killer Queen
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Kizuato
Kusarihime ~Euthanasia~
Mai-HiME: Unmei no Keitouju - Shura
Moshimo Ashita ga Harenaraba
Mugen Kairou
MuvLuv Alternative
Mushitsukai
My girlfriend is the PRESIDENT
Narcissu Side 2nd & Narcissu 3rd Die Dritte Welt
Omega no Shikai -Shiki no Hajimari / Mikaifuu no Hakoniha-
Parfait ~Second Brew~
Reika Mesuinu Choukyou
12Riven
Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu
Saihate no Ima
Sayonara wo oshiete ~Comment te Dire Adieu~
Shikkoku no Sharnoth ~what a beautiful tomorrow~
Shoujo Mahou Gaku Little Witch Romanesque
Sorairo
Swan Song
Tsuyokiss

Since the rules have changed a bit, I will reiterate the basics: for the prelim poll you will vote for up to three separate candidates, there will be no downvotes, it will last exactly 24 hours, and the top 10 (guaranteed to be exactly ten this time) will become the finalists. It will not be in the forums this time, but done with custom software much like the final poll last time.

The actual date has yet to be set, since we're not done with Inganock yet, but expect it within a week of that project reaching completion, so probably the third or fourth week of November.

>> No.3728192

>Hey guys when will the poll start?

[17:49:36] <Ixrec> [08:43:11] <Vodka> When is the poll starting?
[17:49:48] <Ixrec> prelims will prolly happen within a day of me finishing the Inganock translation
[17:50:04] <Ixrec> referring to when I finish actual translation, the reediting will have just started and no patch will be out
[17:50:21] <Vodka> Oh, so the stuff about "poll should be up soon" is kinda bullshit then?
[17:50:31] <Ixrec> well I'll be done in all of five days
[17:50:36] <Ixrec> so that depends on your def of "soon"
[17:51:07] <izmos> so you said that Swan Song is easy to translate then?
[17:51:12] <kViN> less than a week = soon

>> No.3728219

>Mai-HiME - Unmei no Keitouju

This should not be on the list due to a high probability of being licensed, it is a good Circus game and there is a popular anime that shares it's name. The odds are very high that MangaGamer will bring it over, Circus stuff should be viewed similar to Nitro+ stuff in terms of probable licenses.

>> No.3728226
File: 686 KB, 1292x1624, yui.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Good job. Please have some Yui, OP.

>> No.3728286

>>3728219
Lodge a formal complaint on the forums. Ixrec is probably too busy to read it here.

>> No.3728292

>>3728219
Tell Ixrec to remove it if you want, but it's not like it has any chance of winning so it doesn't really matter.

>> No.3728314

>>3728292
Let them remove it and put back Suigetsu in its place.

>> No.3728332 [DELETED] 

>>3728219 MangaGamer isn't very likely to release it because Circus probably has limited/no rights to it (it's based on an anime and they only handled the PC port) and it's all ages.

>> No.3728339

>>3728219
MangaGamer isn't very likely to release it because Circus probably has limited/no rights to it (it's based on an anime and they only handled the PC port) and it's all ages.

>> No.3728361 [DELETED] 

>>3728339
MangaGamer is making an all ages version of the site for Higurashi, and I would assume they have the rights to license their games

>> No.3728390

Ideal situation
Fungi does Force and Sky
Alternative wins the poll, Ixrec loves Alternative, he decides to translate the series in it's entirety
Swan Song is second, gets translated as a short side project

>> No.3728393

>>3728390
Enjoy your wild fantasies.

>> No.3728398

>>3728390
Fucking this.
Lets hope Mr Neko dont fucked everything up again with his proxy friends.

>> No.3728495

>>3728314
Do you want me to ask it in the forum? If it gets removed (very unlikely from what >>3728339
said) I'll nominate Suigetsu.

>>3728398
She's not going to do it again, don't worry.

>> No.3728533

On the other hand I don't want Baldr or Muv Luv to win since I'm not interested in that kind of stuff at all, but then I'd love if people finally stopped bitching about them never getting translated.

Too bad that even if they both got translated you'd just start raging over some other VNs that I don't give a shit about so I'll just keep hoping they never get translated.

Meanwhile I'll be voting for France Shoujo. If it doesn't even make it to the final then, well, fuck.

>> No.3728544

>>3728533
Vote Swan Song bro!

>> No.3728575

I'm all right. buy nolvadex on the net http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/a4ao6/buy_nolvadex_online_in_professional_drugstore/ buy mexican clenbuterol nolvadex online Here's to you!

How's your family? buy nolvadex on the net <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/a4ao6/buy_nolvadex_online_in_professional_dru
gstore/">buy gerneric nolvadex
</a> buy nolvadex without prescription Good-bye!

>> No.3728603

>>3728544
It's a possibility if France Shoujo doesn't make it.

I was wondering, does anyone know if they'll reveal the actual voting results from the preliminary poll, or just which 10 get to finals?

>> No.3728609

>Today is Monday
Why does that bother me so much?

>> No.3728635

>>3728603
Not to rain on your parade, but I doubt anyone would vote for that. You have to at least attempt to promote it and make it appealing for the public.

>> No.3728693

>>3728635
If you mean no one else will vote it, you're wrong. If you mean it doesn't have a chance to win, you're probably right.

I really can't be bothered to promote it here since /jp/ obviously has some mecha fetish and I don't really know any people I could make vote it so what can I do?

>> No.3728724

>>3728693
At least try to promote it. You want it to win, right? Then gather some information and present it as the eroge that everyone longed to play. Even the small political parties try to promote themselves before an election, why shouldn't you promote your futile attempt to get France Shoujo translated?

>> No.3728808

>>3728603
The preliminary vote totals will be released. But only after the final poll has closed.

>> No.3728854

>>3728693
France Shoujo doesn't have the sort of mainstream appeal the other titles do. It's more for people who like things like Mugen Kairou.

>> No.3728884

>>3728724
Do people really vote what ever has the loudest supporters? That sounds kind of sad.

Personally I tried to find whatever information about the nominees was available in English and then did the decision on my own.

My taste isn't really mainstream either so I can't hope a lot of people to like something I like.

Man this tiny laptop/borderline netbook sucks. Maybe I can start shoving France Shoujo down people's throats when I get on my own PC but it really does seem hard to make it seem appealing to a lot of people...

>>3728854
Well yeah, I know that. Mugen Kairou gets one of my prelim votes so...

>>3728808
That's kind of pointless then. Only makes people go "oh I should have voted that instead".

>> No.3728878

>>3728854
Those people will just vote Mugen Kairou.

I guess a sensible (stage 2) vote could be:
- France Shoujo
- Mugen Kairou
- Saihate no Ima

There's lots of other games on that list I would love to play, but chances are other people will take care of those votes.

>> No.3728902

I'll vote for Saihate no Ima on prelim, and if it gets to the 3rd stage I'll vote for it then as well. It just seems to be the most popular 'niche' title out of those, considering it got into the final voting stage last time.

>> No.3729037

>>3728884
>That's kind of pointless then. Only makes people go "oh I should have voted that instead".

I believe the goal is so that people vote for what they actually want to win, rather than engaging in tactical voting for the lesser of multiple evils, or some such thing.

>> No.3729066
File: 164 KB, 800x600, com10_0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No. Signal Heart. What the fuck is this shit?

>> No.3729152

>>3729037
What I was thinking was more in line of preventing votes getting split between several similar titles. I.e. deciding your final vote based on which one out of your prelim choices got the most votes. I wouldn't vote something I don't really like just to try to prevent something I like even less from winning.

Of course with my choices I'm SOL either way.

>> No.3729161
File: 99 KB, 800x600, kara9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Copypasta quality video time. From the previous (not yet saged) thread: >>3720992

[Akatsuki Works] Coµ - Kuroi Ryuu To Yasashii Oukoku
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBgfuZ0VXX0&fmt=18

[Liar-soft] Hikari no Valcia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uaE0iwXcgc&fmt=22

[Favorite] Hoshizora no Memoria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ghrstCGg0&fmt=18

[GIGA!] Baldr Sky Dive1 Trailer + Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpR2rjhJSXA&fmt=18

[Innocent Gray] Kara no Shoujo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i225F7Kh4XQ&fmt=18

[nekobanana] Omega no Shikai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlrr53LfPMs&fmt=18

[Tarte] Katahane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDdOubHpRZE&fmt=18

[Akatsuki Works] Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=echCh0_CPSU&fmt=18

>> No.3729206

Can someone explain about the masturbation over muv luv alt? It's not even the first game in its series, so will it really be a good choice for those who have no idea about the series?

>> No.3729214

>>3729206
No

>> No.3729232

>>3729206
Read >>3728180. If it wins Ixrec will also translate the prequels, at least the part required to fully enjoy Alternative. He hasn't read it yet so we don't know how much of Extra and Unlimited he would translate, but don't worry about that.

>Can someone explain about the masturbation over muv luv alt?
/jp/ has been obsessed with it since forever, and the guys who have read it usually are in love with the game. There are exceptions of course, but the consensum is that it's fucking awesome.

>> No.3729239

>There are exceptions of course, but the consensum is that it's fucking awesome.
The usual untranslated shit > translated shit

>> No.3729249

Here's the beautiful OP of France Shoujo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO-_7H5KBNM&fmt=18

>> No.3729274

>>3729239
> untranslated shit > translated shit
I think there's a couple of possible explanations for this:
1) The total amount of untranslated shit and its total quality will almost always be much higher than that of all translated shit, since the number of games that end up being translated will always be considerably lower. Even if each and every one of them were 10/10 games, it would still not be 'enough'
2) The translation is bad or has changed the way someone perceives a game, it's worse for that person now. Think of it like an extreme case of dub vs sub. vs raw
3) A fanboy with poor understanding of Japanese spent many month(s)/year(s) playing some long VNs/eroges which he barely understood, now the game gets a translation which is much better than his original understanding of the text. Rage ensues due to wasted time.

>> No.3729276 [DELETED] 

>>3729239
EGS doesn't care about what's been translated into english and Alternative still gets a really high score there. [spoier]Yeah, I know that EGS' scores aren't always useful, but I'm sure this is not Family Project all over again.[/spoiler]

>> No.3729284 [DELETED] 
File: 17 KB, 256x352, laughingelfman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3729276
>EGS

>> No.3729283

>>3729239
EGS doesn't care about what's been translated into english and Alternative still gets a really high score there. Yeah, I know that EGS' scores aren't always useful, but I'm sure this is not Family Project all over again.

>> No.3729295

>>3729283
>EGS
I would like to take it seriously, but many mediocre games have a high rating so it is impossible *cough* YU-NO *cough*

>> No.3729310

>>3729295
I didn't want to mention EGS, but it kinda fitted with the 'people who has read it and doesn't care about english translations at all love it' argument.

>> No.3729332

>Fortune Arterial

Doesn't this have a translation project that recently begun again, that is more than 40% complete?

>> No.3729342

>>3729283
> but I'm sure this is not Family Project all over again.

Action in general tends to be rated more harshly than "healing" games on EGS.

>> No.3729354

>>3729342
I thought most of the top tier games on EGS were action

>> No.3729355

>>3729283
Actually I kind of liked Kazoku Keikaku but there's absolutely nothing about Alternative that seems appealing.

Oh wait, it has Wakamoto voicing one of the support characters? Well that's one rather questionable reason to play it. Still won't be getting my vote.

>> No.3729408

>>3729354
It's pretty varied, but there are quite a few action games.

>> No.3729540

Ikusa Megami Zero
Good or shit?

>> No.3729635

>>3729540
Why would you bother asking here?
1. Very likely no one here has played it.
2. They'll just tell you "it's shit, vote Alternative instead".
3. I'm off to bed.

PS. Vote France Shoujo

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action