[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 4 KB, 452x302, Japanese_Flag.gif&action=thumb&size=full.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3723115 No.3723115 [Reply] [Original]

I think that the Japanese have the most potential to portray Asians in a positive light, given the amount of business connections it has. Sony is connected to the film business, but Japan also makes a lot of Anime, and video games, and this could have a potential impact on how people portray Asians. One way the Japanese can change things is by putting in more Asian characters in the games. What got me thinking was when I was looking at some Sony commercials and couldn't help but notice that all the people in them were white. I am also thinking that with the power that Sony has, it could actually throw some Asians in their commercials just to show the world that Asians at least exist. You might say that since this was a western commercial, then they would use white people, but then I went on google and looked for Chinese Sony commercials and discovered half the people in them were white. Are the Japanese making full use of their power? Or do Asians just not have enough pride? Why do we constantly put white people ahead of ourselves?

>> No.3723130
File: 136 KB, 500x330, negros.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what

>> No.3723135

>Are Americans doing enough to promote a positive image of whitey?

>Are South Africans doing enough to promote a positive image of blacks?

>> No.3723137

/jp/, so good

>> No.3723140

>>3723115
You're a flip, right?

>> No.3723169

>>3723137
delicious.

>> No.3723244

>it could actually throw some Asians in their commercials just to show the world that Asians at least exist. You might say that since this was a western commercial, then they would use white people, but then I went on google and looked for Chinese Sony commercials and discovered half the people in them were white. Are the Japanese making full use of their power? Or do Asians just not have enough pride? Why do we constantly put white people ahead of ourselves?

by aisans do you mean the japanese? or chinese people

japanese people exist. i think that's a fact

but chinese haev married japanese and koreans and other asian cultures, they're dying out

people are marrying into white coerced families... because they're rich and more attractive...

it's just that nobody ever thought of marrying asian guys... or girls... they're marrying japanese guys

there's no such thing as asian!

>> No.3723251 [DELETED] 
File: 84 KB, 300x308, 1258162737472.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Japanese bird opposing the US.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action