[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 51 KB, 400x414, tohsaka rin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3572526 No.3572526 [Reply] [Original]

"Magic" and "Sorcery" is wrong, guys. "Magecraft" and "Magic" are closer to the original meanings.

>> No.3572533

A WIZARD DID IT

>> No.3572534

Shut up you slutty bitch.

>> No.3572535

maybe physics works differently in nasuverse and "magecraft" is actually "anomaly creation/exploitation".

>> No.3572540

Can you say 'Unlimited Blade Works' in Red?

>> No.3572543

Sagecraft.

>> No.3572545

YOU WANNA GET SPECIFIC MOTHERFUCKER
魔法 - MAHOU - Magic, Witchcraft, Sorcery - "Demon Law" = One of a kind Miracle
魔術 - MAJUTSU - Black Magic, Sorcery - "Demon Art" = Replicable mimicry of the above

>> No.3572546
File: 24 KB, 450x485, sage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3572543

>> No.3572561

>>3572526

Blame Mirror Moon. Everyone else uses the "Magecraft" and "Magic" translations. Unfortunately these people have never actually gone and translated any of TYPE-MOON's games. So I guess you can blame them, too. Lazy fuckers.

>> No.3572568

>>3572561

>Everyone else[who?] uses the "Magecraft" and "Magic" translations.

>> No.3572571

>>3572561
>Unfortunately these people have never actually gone and translated any of TYPE-MOON's games.
That was my entire point. Anyone who uses those "translations" is a fucking faggot.

>> No.3572618

>>3572561
Well, I’m just telling you one thing: It ain’t about piracy, people. It’s about these dumbfucks seeing their work being wasted on YOU, the Japanese-illiterate individual. The piracy is nothing but a flimsy excuse they use to hide their true hatred for their so-called ‘unwashed masses’.

And why would they scorn the masses who don’t learn Japanese? Is it due to actual events that have hurt their very being? Lawsuits from Hirameki? Actually, it’s for a really petty reason.
THEY THINK THEY ARE SUPERIOR TO YOU.

Yes, we are dealing with haughty elitists here. People like gp32 deem you undeserving of visual novels because you don’t even have their shiny JLPT4s and 10 fucking years’ of experience in the accursed language. They think because you don’t want to learn the language, you don’t deserve their sacred ambrosia (which is visual novels, btw). They are one of the most inconsiderate, most elitist, most asinine, and are fucking assholes about it because people sing them praises. Lots of phrases.

>> No.3572621

Unlike the anime and manga community. True, most fansubbers are elitist bastards, but here and there you find pockets of people who are nice enough to spread the love (DoReMi, WinD) and willingly improve when they receive criticism. At least they make an effort to spread the love.

Unlike the Visual Novel Community. The only thing they care for is people like them. People who ’supposedly take the time to get their shiny JLPT4s and spend 10+ years’ experience with the language’. They are elitists of the highest order and should be treated as such: With scorn and as much hatred as possible. (Also applies to Hongfire, the bastards deleted my account for saying ‘4chan lives’.)

tl;dr: People like gp32 and groups like insani HATE YOU. Because you don’t learn the Japanese Language. And to think I regarded them as good people.

The only groups spared from this scorn are Revolve and Mirror Moon, should they release their Tsukihime English Patch (No Word on Fate/Stay Night yet, the translator is having problems translating sex scenes.). Okay, I lie. They are spared from all this scorn, even if I think Message is a really strict taskmaster and a little bit edgy. (Well, most of the times I made him angry was all my fault :V)

>> No.3572631

>>3572618
>Yes, we are dealing with haughty elitists here.
That's all I need to know.

I now agree with them 100%.

>> No.3572633

>>3572621

Ancient copypasta, tastes like gravel and asbestos.

>> No.3572640
File: 82 KB, 550x650, gilgamesh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Aoko is a sorceror. Sorcery

SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY SORCERY

>> No.3572642

gp32, you are an assfag, a bastard and a douchebag. Fuck you and the horse you rode on in, you filthy Korean. I hope you get hired by Hirameki and forced to translate a Nasu work.

Haeleth, you know your stand is a sham, and you bloody know you are above gp32. Snap out of it man. YOU’RE BETTER THAN HIM. DON’T LET HIM USE YOU.

shii, I’m putting our acquaintance on the line for this question: Are you with me, or are you with them gp32?

Message, Ryuusoul, tjm, TheXev, dmp2k, AstCd32, and all you people at Revolve and Mirror Moon: You guys rock. I’m pleased to have been a help of you guys, and well, I’m hoping you release the Tsukihime English Patch with no hitches.

It’s time to stop sending praises to Haeleth and insani. They are not worthy of your praise. Spread this post if you read it. Link it to 4chan, Animesuki forums, hell, I don’t care if it makes it to visualnews. I want the message to be known. And let no man nor machine stop me. am the bearer of truth, and let no one stand in my way, for I will smite anyone who stands in my way.

>> No.3572646

>>3572633

Unfortunately, we’ve veered off from our main point. Which is THESE PEOPLE (meaning the majority of the Visual Novel community) think you don’t deserve the magic of visual novels because you can’t be bothered to learn Japanese. They’d love to see HIrameki International fold up and die, so that they can have all the VNs to themselves. And we’re either stuck waiting for the animated series to come out or learn Japanese and be like them.

Their flimsy excuse about piracy is actually hiding a pathological hatred for the Japanese-illiterate masses who only want to leech from them. Oh, and maybe the Western VN creators, too.

Sadly, there is one big problem. While I have a pathological hatred for gp32 (the feeling’s mutual, you dirty Korean bastard), I like Haeleth. And all the moderates like him. I’m hoping he either realizes the truth or wises up. He’s doing a splendid job with al|together.

>> No.3572648

So how does whoever brewed this fossilized copypasta feel about Witch Hunt?

>> No.3572669
File: 224 KB, 757x643, Search Results “witch hunt” « orz – I Will Show You Terror in a Handful of Flans_1255951237930.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3572648

>> No.3572683

>>3572648
It's from one of drmchsr0's blog posts. He's not quite that big a faggot any more.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action