[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 244 KB, 600x600, kirisame_marisa_and_alice_margatroid_touhou_drawn_by_natsuk__c9981da744511daa3f8843a8ae0be5e4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
35456141 No.35456141 [Reply] [Original]

I just downloaded every single touhou doujinshi scanlated by Gaku-Touhou up to 2013 and cried because of how full of love the doujinshi and books are, there's even a western fan-novel (which I still have to read) in it and it seems very cute
nowadays people are so mean and no one's honest anymore
And I'm not going to act like I'm some "supreme oldfag" because I'm only 1x years old, but still I really like "oldfag" culture because of how comfortable and nice the works and people were back then, everything felt like a labour of love
this board is beyond saving nowadays, too many normal people, I read the entirety of the catalog and only found 3 or 4 good threads, it's sad to see how many generals exist despite the existence of them going against the concept of imageboards, it's sad to see vtubers being a thing at all (3dpd women being worshipped and treated as equal to 2d women, when 2d women are so much more important)
this may just sound like rambling, but reading the cute and fun stories from 2013 and back really made me think "wow the world really was a amazing place with good people" and guess what? it still is!! it's just that the normals took over our beloved otaku internet, and now it's harder to find non-normal good hearted people with true passion for something, like touhou
you can choose to just ignore me since I'm "young" but I truly mean what I'm saying here, the internet isn't for outcasts weirdo "degenerates" like me anymore... and that makes me sad... but at least I can kind of experience how it was like back then by reading old doujinshi!

>> No.35456256

>>35456141
Even people running this board nowadays are riajuu. It's sad the old times are over, but you're on the right track if you're trying to catch the forever-gone feelings. Have fun, anon.

>> No.35456460

>>35456141
>And I'm not going to act like I'm some "supreme oldfag" because I'm only 1x years old, but still I really like "oldfag" culture because of how comfortable and nice the works and people were back then, everything felt like a labour of love
Anon, as someone who remembers the mid-2000s and some of the early 2000s Internet, let me say

I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. I wish I could bring it back, I wish others could've experienced that. Even the last bits of the old times, I wish I could share. I wish I could savor it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiHV0qMtgOo

I didn't appreciate Touhou back the as much as I do now, and I deeply regret not involving myself in more Touhou stuff back then. Even things like this fill me with a nostalgic longing for what was lost.

>> No.35456587
File: 95 KB, 800x609, __reiuji_utsuho_and_kaenbyou_rin_touhou_drawn_by_mizuga__2689ecb2315fb2e1d864b2c6669fae0c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35456460
Don't apologize for something you had no control of, also I like that video

>> No.35456922

>>35456141
I often wonder if internet/otaku culture has objectively changed, or if it's just me and my perception that's changed as I've gotten older. I guess your post is an argument for the fact that it really has objectively changed.
The major social media sites had a really bad effect on internet culture in general. Instead of people creating their own websites or posting on specialized sites and forums, everyone just goes to reddit and facebook and instagram instead. The internet got more centralized and it really killed a lot of creativity. Streamer and youtube culture also encourages creators to only make things that are digestible in bite-sized meme format.
As for things like the quality of doujin, anime, etc, trends always come and go. Some trends are worse than others. I think fluctuations in quality across different time periods are unavoidable.

>> No.35457061

>>35456922
It hasn't change. More normalfags got into it and corporations took advantage of the growing money potential from pandering to people that most normals view as degenerates while posing as one themselves.

>> No.35457333
File: 388 KB, 800x1131, 1579122648504.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

op, i agree with everything 100%
back in ye olden days, even with all the shitposting, there was a lot of good content and people who were passionate (if super autistic)
of course they're still around, but it's hidden away on smaller, slower sites that feel like they'll fall apart at any moment or also run by psycopaths
just appreciate the past and keep looking for the good shit, it's all you can really do

>> No.35459271

>>35456141
I'm in a similar situation, I missed all the old internet and otaku culture by a few years, I can only experince archives and it's decaying remnants. I hope the future of otaku will be bright.

>> No.35459909

2013, the final breaths of the good old days. Take me back.

>> No.35460054
File: 106 KB, 640x480, 1154782483532.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35456256
>nowadays
they always fucking were

>> No.35460291

Here's a tip. Rather than waste time longing for the old days and raging over whatever is the modern teen fad, simply ignore the latter, focus on what you like, and produce good content and have good conversations. The rate of people responding to good posts with shitposts hasn't actually increased that much (although feeding the trolls seems to have become more popular over the past decade---you just have to ignore both sides).

>> No.35460613

>>35456141
What killed everything, not just otaku culture, was the monetization of the internet. The fucking dumb singing shark and the faggots that throw money at it's kind are not the cause, just a symptom. Back in the day artists did things because they loved it, now even Japan is full paywall/bandwagon mode. Originality is dead.

>> No.35460634
File: 28 KB, 480x360, SmugAme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Loving the new Tuber hentai doujin.

>> No.35461595

>hurr old good new bad
shut the fuck up, we have this thread every other week.

>> No.35461706

I used to read pretty much every Touhou doujinshi I could get my hands on and even started learning Japanese in no small part to access more Touhou fan content but somewhere along the path I lost my way.

One of the things I realized is that it wasn't just the actual content itself that I loved, but also the Touhou community that I loved, and once I stopped caring for it the whole thing receded into something I only bother to check in on every now and again.

>> No.35462300

>>35461595
Who are you quoting? Why are you saying we?

>> No.35462477
File: 98 KB, 525x660, egioitnmyds.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35456141
shit i feel you, at least im happy that i managed to experience the very end of this era in the early 2010's, shit if i would have known that things would go that bad i would have browser internet more back then

>> No.35462956
File: 124 KB, 1040x826, crusaderchan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35456922
I think the culture of otakus/nerds/geeks didn't really change it's just that in this modern day and age it's been mostly pushed out of the spotlight by the advent of the big tech corpos, which sort of shrunk the internet - now "The Internet" for most people is synonymous with Google, Facebook, Twitter and Reddit. Another modern menace, though long time in the making, would be political activism in various media. While injecting some contemporary political commentary can be done well and with tact, disclaimers in TTRPGs like "No fascists allowed" and "The author of the source material was racist" are the polar opposite of that.

At the same time, I don't think that this satus quō will last forever. Fun stuff similar to what used to be still gets made (Dovahhatty's "Unbiased History of Rome" series immediately spring to mind) and with the advent of decentralized federated platforms like Pleroma, Mastodon and Matrix we may see a return of the niche, yet vibrant communities that made the 2010s internet what it was. Moral of the story - things may seem pretty bad right now, but take it easy, make your own contributions and everything will be fine in the end.

Note:
Of course, I never experienced the 2010s internet first hand as I was born in 2000 so feel free to disregard everything I said and call me a newfag as you see fit.

>> No.35463127

>>35461595
Who are you quoting crossboarder?

>> No.35463158

/jp/sies deserve a better imageboard.

>> No.35463310

>>35463158
/jp/sies get exactly the imageboard they deserve

>> No.35464572

>>35463158
>>35463310
well which is it

>> No.35464691

I blame phones.

>> No.35464724

>>35461595
month.
every other month, and usually there's like 2 or 3 of them in the span of two weeks.

>> No.35467190

>>35456141
I deeply agree with you, anon.
>nowadays people are so mean and no one's honest anymore
This bit in special.

>> No.35469095

>>35456141
>nowadays people are so mean and no one's honest anymore
This basically, it's not that otaku culture changed per se, this is just the way people are nowadays

>> No.35474606

>>35463158
fuck ota

>> No.35475569

>>35462956
>disclaimers in TTRPGs like "No fascists allowed" and "The author of the source material was racist"
You have to be bullshitting there's no way something like that actually happened

>> No.35475739

>>35475569
Anon, I don't think you realize how bad it is out there. One TTRPG even got in trouble for being so woke since they implied a real world government was actually some anti-gay vampires or something, and the damage control for that resulted in a clean house. I don't follow TTRPGs at all but I know it's pretty fucking bad right now over there.

Everything right now is just really fucking bad.

>> No.35475970
File: 171 KB, 905x932, antifaspergs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35475569
I wish I was bullshitting (pic related).

Here's one of the creators of a new Call of Cthulhu inspired TTRPG sperging about Lovecraft's racism (true) and antisemitism (BS, the man had a jewish wife) - https://twitter.com/evilhatofficial/status/1218223310367903744?lang=en..

Not to mention games like Magic the Gathering basically grenading themselves over the past year by banning some cards for no reason other than them being """politically incorrect"""". Here's a particularly retarded take on the matter - https://www.distractify.com/p/magic-the-gathering-cleanse-racist-cards..

I could go on, but I'd rather not. The proper way to counter this is making your own creative works and sharing them with the public as well as ensuring that bad actors (weather /pol/tards or braindead activists) do not turn them into platforms for their shitflinging contests instead of bitching online.

>> No.35476077
File: 85 KB, 299x320, 3c0.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35475739
>One TTRPG even got in trouble for being so woke since they implied a real world government was actually some anti-gay vampires or something, and the damage control for that resulted in a clean house.

>> No.35476281
File: 278 KB, 709x945, 1520047627564.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35460613
>Back in the day artists did things because they loved it
That's true for most things. It's the gradual corporatization and consequent monetization of just about anything creative. Games are a good example; they went from being something by nerds for nerds to corporate cash cows where they try to suck as much money as possible out of them.

Disgaea 4 recently got a PC release. And the steam page has an "item shop" where you can buy EXP boosters and level-up potions for $1-2 each. For a 10 year old singleplayer game. Stuff like this is probably only gonna get worse -- I think paid mods and stuff will eventually start becoming commonplace as well. When you think about it vtubers as an example are just an evolution of this. They're like the Youtubers of the late 2000s and early 2010s except people are now willing to drown them in donations for every little thing they do (or in exchange for doing something for the donator on-stream, like saying their name). In short, it feels like a lot of stuff became less "I'm doing this because I like it" and more "How much money can we make from this?

Though if we're complaining about old times it really sucks how hard it is to find anybody reasonable to play games with. I've been playing a fighting game recently and wanted somebody to spar/practice against and surprise - they're all on Discord. Literally can't find anybody outside of it. It's a real hassle, I don't want to join some gay chat room just to play a game with somebody.

>> No.35477323

>>35476281
Discord and it's consequences have been a disaster social things on the internet.
It's like reddit in that it's a single platform that eats up all the little forums and communities that still exist, except it's even more temporary and closed off from everything else, and it also puts a consistent selective pressure on all of them that turns them into gay circlejerks for the mod's egos. There are tons of projects where the only significant community is on discord, even some open-source projects, which means it's impossble to interact or help them without joining into their gay circlejerk and it's also impossible to read the historical discussion around aspects of the project because it's all stuck in some linear chat log years in length.

>> No.35477702
File: 639 KB, 700x990, sicknitori.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35477323
I have to agree even though I personally use the platform. It works fine for small private servers, but trying to run a long-term project from there is idiotic - it by design does not have any decent archival tools

>consistent selective pressure on all of them that turns them into gay circlejerks for the mod's egos.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by selective pressure? What exactly causes it - powertripping mods banning anyone who doesn't tow the line or retarded users averse to criticism?

>> No.35477867

>>35477702
I guess I was exaggerating the selective pressure, the only pressure I can think of is the normal "Janny who does it for free" selection. The high prevalence of gay circlejerking might just be because of the ages of many users and the closed off nature of it promoting echochambers. I don't know that much because I avoid it as much as possible.

>> No.35478282

I feel like we all grew up, and as we grew up we coated ourselves in layers and layers of irony until all that was left was mean spirited arguments instead of fun banter.

There's no going back, all we can do is try to be better going forward.

>> No.35478364
File: 139 KB, 850x602, sickflandre.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35476281
Well, there's a lighter side to all of that - there are indie Vtubers who certainly started out of passion. I don't engage with that scene all that much, but Beatani comes into mind, I remember her giving her viewers tips on how to pirate (diy) merch and so on. As for gaming, there are indie devs and small studios who are neither greedy arseholes nor cringy political activists. Since I'm an FPSfag, the one that I know of is NewBlood interactive. Those guys make bloody good games and their interactions with their players are reminiscent of the old ID software. Hell, the new ID software has been a pretty decent studio so far. Point is, where the flame once shone bright, its embers still flicker and can be reignited.

>>35477867
The closest thing to social media that I use is a private Discord server for me and friends only and weird imageboards so I don't have much 1st hand knowledge myself. Although I have engaged with the topic of content algorithms promoting echochambers by showing people only what they want to see. I guess a similar phenomenon can occur without any machine intervention all it takes is one mod with unchecked power sperging out and banning everyone who does not share his views. And while an algorithm may be tweaked, difficult as it may be in case of huge websites, mod corruption is another matter. Although, imageboards generally avoid this problem, I guess having a hands-off moderation approach is not a bad idea.

Anyway, here's more sick 2hus being nursed to health.

>> No.35478387
File: 1.93 MB, 500x246, 1616801714484.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35478282
>I feel like we all grew up, and as we grew up we coated ourselves in layers and layers of irony until all that was left was mean spirited arguments instead of fun banter.
I think its 50% this, and 50% the younger generation fearing being, well, genuine. Everyone I know who is 25 and younger is so coated in irony they themselves don't know where it begins and ends, and often it seems to be done as a shield since so many of them are fearful of liking/doing something out of genuine interest because they don't want to be judged for it, but they can skirt that if they just say "I only like anime /ironically/!"
While the golden era of 1997-2007 is long gone, I'm still glad I got to participate in it with you guys.

>> No.35479251

otaku orthodoxy is the right way

>> No.35479267

>>35478387
>so many of them are fearful of liking/doing something out of genuine interest because they don't want to be judged for it, but they can skirt that if they just say "I only like anime /ironically/!"
These fools can keep posting their ironic animemes and shit, socializing with their discord friends. They'll never know that the master of anime, Anonymous, had passed them by. Because I suppress my power level.

>> No.35479351

This is an idol board.

>> No.35479399
File: 55 KB, 622x481, rent_free.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35464691

>> No.35480219

>>35479351
It wasn't always...

>> No.35481087

I’m a 30 year old boomer and I wish I had experienced peak USENET, BBS culture, playing Rogue on timesharing mainframes, old 2channel before Densha Otoko or even after.

I do think doujin culture is in a bit of a decline. Predatory mobile pay2win gacha games (first Kancolle) overtook Touhou in terms of popularity at Comiket and everything’s been downhill from there. I think the Touhou community is awesome because it’s doujin for a doujin game, which really brings out the creativity and community spirit. Nowadays even Touhou has (had?) a shitty mobile cash grab app. Everything popular with your average otaku is so corporate now. VTubers are just the latest iteration of the idol grift, this time there’s no need for the girl to be attractive. Might just start going to Comitia now.

On the other hand, doujin games as a concept is kind of outdated now that indie games are flourishing. There’s not much reason to sell CDs at Comiket or Melon Books instead of Steam.

>> No.35481452

>>35481087
Almost every moderately popular series has a gacha now. It's tiring.

>> No.35489602
File: 99 KB, 640x707, gachacoomers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35481452
Yeah, but the existence of shitty/cashgrab material doesn't diminish the original. Mainline 2hu games will always be mainline 2hu games and no amount of coomer gachas can stop that.

>> No.35492340

>>35489602
Yeah, also Im glad Lost Word is just a fan project but I wish more people were aware of that

>> No.35493024

<span class="sjis">           
           ∩       ∩
          //       | |
         //Λ_Λ  | |  / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
         | |( ´Д`)// < Revere /jp/, expel the niwaka
         \      |.    \______________
           |   /
          /   /
     __   |   | __
     \   ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄  \
     ||\           \
     ||\|| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄||
     ||  || ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄||

___      ___
.   (    )     (    )
     ̄|  |      |  | ̄
     |  |      |  |
     |  |.     |  |
     \ \__/ /
       \    / >>35481087
       /|.    |ヽ
      / ⊃   ⊂.\
    / /|     |\ \
    ( <  |     |.  > )
    \ \|     |/ /
  __ \__  ___/
  ||\  .:;Σ;:|  |:;て;:. \  >I’m a 30 year old boomer
  ||\\   """""    \
  ||  \|| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄||
     .  || ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄||
       .||              ||[/spoiler]

>> No.35496997

>>35474606
awful shitposting spinoffs are not /jp/

>> No.35497884

>>35496997

>> No.35505533

>>35492340
Of it being a fan project? What does that awareness change exactly?

>> No.35505544
File: 423 KB, 1280x1816, Niente_Distanze_016.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.35507865

>>35505533
Yeah, some people were really mad at ZUN for awhile after they heard about it and generally got pissed over thinking he sold out

>> No.35507942

>>35507865
>some people were really mad at ZUN for awhile
Which is dumb. If Zun really did sell out, I wouldn't be mad at him---any future actions would not negate his past actions. To be sure I would be deeply saddened, and maybe mad at the world, but not at Zun.

>> No.35508145

>>35507865
The man has been in service to the fandom for like 25+ years without ever selling out, which beats out most any semi-big content creator I can think of. A fucking legend.
Even if he sold out at this point I'd be happy he got the cash, dude deserves it.

>> No.35508217

>>35507942
Yeah it was pretty dumb, thankfully the Lost Word hate train has died out for the most part.
>>35508145
Yeah ZUN is fucking awesome and I really admire is love for the fans and the fanworks people make

>> No.35510213

>>35479399
Get out crossie.

>> No.35510218

>>35497884
>locked
>>>/v/

>> No.35510253

>>35456141
you reap what you sow, this site marked its grave when they did nothing to cut the garbage that /b/, /v/ and subsequently /pol/ brought to chan culture

>> No.35511171

>>35457333
is that a jar of lao gan ma crispy hot chili oil?

>> No.35511580
File: 166 KB, 926x640, sneed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35510213

>> No.35517930

>>35511580
>>>/tv/

>> No.35525808

>>35456141
everything sucks so much more now

>> No.35526142

As someone who has been on the internet for around 20 years. Everything sucks now. It got worse at around 2008/9 and reaches a new all time low on a weekly basis.

>> No.35533059

I love seeing comments from 2007-12 on danbooru. Shit still felt like a community back then.

>> No.35539093

4chan used to be a pedo site, and that's why it was cool, then the normals showed up and it got lame. Also incel shit is bad

>> No.35540967
File: 268 KB, 375x569, FUTO IS IN MY HOUSE OH GOD OH FUCK.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35533059
Yeah, I'm on other sites and the kids ask "Danbooru? What's that?" cause they get all their sauce from Twitter these days. Pixiv's not too bad for image hosting and is a great place to put your art out for the world but you certainly won't find a niche little user base in quite the same way as pre-2015 Danbooru, you know?

>> No.35542207

>>35456141
sad

>> No.35545173

I'm of the opinion that the corporatization of the internet killed the appeal of a lot of internet culture things too, but on the other hand I don't think corporatization really plays a big part in nostalgia.
Zoomers in the future will look back to the vtuber boom of now and feel the exact same things we're feeling now, similar to how boomers feel nostalgic of big budget Hollywood movies from the 80s and how we feel nostalgic over big budget anime from 2005.
Same thing goes for the communities you long for so much. They're still there, and zoomers will feel the same in 10 years time.
But even if your beloved 2005 irc communities will never come back, you learn Japanese and relive your nostalgia until the day you die with the amount of period appropriate media you will unlock.

You have been doing your reps, right anon?

>> No.35545202

>>35456141
I started using the internet around 2008. That's late, but I'm happy I got to experience the tail end of the old internet.

>> No.35545262

>>35477323
Don't agree. If anything, people forming small, gatekept communities on discord is a move in the right direction. Centralized algorithmic control is what killed the internet.

>> No.35546652

>>35476281
> I've been playing a fighting game recently and wanted somebody to spar/practice against and surprise - they're all on Discord. Literally can't find anybody outside of it.
That's nothing new as far as fighting games go. Before discord took over, you'd have to find and join the irc channel of whatever game you're playing in order find matches. The only thing that has changed here is which chat client people are using, not the people using them.
That being said, Discord is a shitty piece of software that's inferior in almost every way to a dedicated irc client + a voip client. The only thing it has going for it is its accessibility since connecting to a server and typing /join #channelname is too hard for the modern internet user.

>> No.35547363

>>35546652
>That's nothing new as far as fighting games go. Before discord took over, you'd have to find and join the irc channel of whatever game you're playing in order find matches. The only thing that has changed here is which chat client people are using, not the people using them.
Huge difference between needing to give your information to a big company that makes money off you versus needing to use a protocol that you could literally even telnet into if you were so inclined.

>> No.35548726

>>35545262
You didn't understand my point. They should be forming small, gatekept communities on their own platforms, which they built in their own way for their unique purpose. Every community moving onto just a few aggregated, centralized platforms is what allowed corporations, algorithms, and social forces to kill internet culture.

>> No.35548774

>>35545262
Discord is centralized, numbnuts.

>> No.35548837

>>35456141
>because I'm only 1x years old
It's pathetic that people are taking another bait thread seriously. Surely the tranny mods are desperate pumping out trojan horses.

>> No.35549099
File: 57 KB, 273x365, Tsutomu_Miyazaki.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35456141
The posters in this thread are lying to you, either purposely or because their SSRI pills have given them dementia.
"Otakus" never "ruled the world." They were looked at with either polite incomprehension or as potential serial rapist cannibal child murderers. The entire reason 4chan exists is so moot could have a place to discuss anime that wasn't a ghetto of SomethingAwful or a forum more inbred and cancerous than modern Discord servers where illiterates could get high off their own farts discussing whether "manga" and "comics" were the same thing.
Anime only became truly mainstream globally within the last 10-15 years and 4chan had a big part to play in that. In that period most Japanese were only slowly beginning to come to terms with the idea through shows like Densha Otoko that otaku were not all pic related.
If you mean otaku as in "nerd", then yeah, the internet was more predominantly nerdy because you had to buy a computer instead of being given access when your family signed a phone plan. But computers weren't some rare exotic good by the time it boomed. Amazon and the dot com bubble couldn't have happened if they were.
And even if they "ruled" the internet, nerds didn't have the "status" they have today, and usenet groups and BBSes were treated like 4chan is today as the "dark web". They may have ruled it, but it was a gutter. The only difference today is that Facebook and big media are bulldozing the gutters to gentrify it.
I still don't really understand the big deal. Yeah a lot of those places are gone and it sucks but most of the people are still around. 4chan is still around even if moot finally sold out after he achieved his life's dream of being a riajuu. If you can't find people and things to talk about it's your own damn fault.

>> No.35549246

>>35548726
Precisely, if your server is large enough Discord will take notice and may attempt to police it directly. They've been moving in that direction since at least 2020. The proper way to do it - get yourself a VPS or if you're a landchad with a static ip, build your own home server, acquire a domain name and use your computer wizard powers to set up your own little forum/imageboard. The costs should be entirely manageable if you're not a NEET.

>> No.35549263

>>35549099
>4chan is still around
4chan is dead, long live 4chan.

>> No.35549280

>>35549099
Quite leap to go from ruling internet to ruling world though, and that was pretty much case back when most of people had no idea how to even use internet or didn't have intrest to do so until social media platforms became big thing.

>> No.35549317
File: 200 KB, 795x598, Who are you quoting.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35549099
>"ruled the world."

>> No.35550527

I miss pre-2000s internet. Fuck otaku.

>> No.35556973

>>35550527
I, for one, think that ARPANET was when things were truly good. Plebs ruin everything.

>> No.35559529

I only started using the web at 2007-2008. Still I'm pretty sure after 2013 nothing has been the same anymore. In my opinion it's not just social media, normalfags are simply boring and can't be creative no matter what. Everything they post is so self conscious and coated in irony. You even have people watching anime only for the ironic japan memes and pretending they like hentai, I really miss when you were encouraged to be serious. Even on this anonymous imageboard posting seriously is seen as "weird" now, almost everyone is pretending despite not having a username attached to them and trying to come off as not caring about anything. In my experience even irl people act like this, always high and mighty and above having real interests. I really want to go back and the whole covid bullshit has made me hate the current world even more.

>> No.35559873

Aren't you that guy who wants to be a cute 2D little girl in Gensokyo

>> No.35560017

OP I kind of relate to what you're saying. I'm 1x years old as well but I've loved Touhou since I was a child as well as content from those past eras. People where I live are ingenuine and I can't seem to trust anyone here anymore. You seem like a nice guy. I wish we could be friends.

>> No.35560148

>>/jp/thread/345111
soul

>> No.35560175
File: 728 KB, 1600x1131, yuukaflowers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35559529
I had an edgy/ironic phase in my mid teens, but I grew out of it rather quickly (mainly due to getting into metal). I guess the same might be true for some other people. Then again, I've never truly seen the 2000-2010 internet, I only started in 2014 so I couldn't witness the shift first hand. Also, the only individuals afflicted by irony poisoning that I've encountered were pretend-/pol/schitzos, not ironic weebs. Though I guess that's more due to me only really hanging out on imageboards and being part of a small circle of passionate autists irl.

Imo, the solution to this is to stop engaging with the wider internet and begin to look for actually invested insular fan communities. The only problem with this is that if cringe political activists push things far enough, large corporations and will start policing or shutting down those insular communities for not being "inclusive and diverse" (you might not be interested in politics, but politics is interested in you) and a fractured network of sites won't be able to deal with that. Then again, I guess the latter problem is a separate thing and requires separate methods.

So as for general advice - try and put yourself in a position where you can freely indulge in your hobbies/do what you desire, form a circle of friends with similar passions (online or irl) and lead the world into a better tomorrow by personal example. Haec nox illūstranda est ut novum saeculum aureum oriātur.

>> No.35560825

<span class="sjis">      >>35560148
         ∧|∧
        ( ´Д`) >soul
          |     +
          |        lヽ +
          | ∧_∧ l 」+
.  ____     ∩ ( ´∀`)∥ Revere /jp, expel the niwaka
 (     )    \_       つ
 | | |      | | |~
 (__)_)      (__)_)[/spoiler]

>> No.35560917

>>35560825
based

>> No.35560923

>>35559529
>normalfags are simply boring and can't be creative no matter what
So? Don't associate with them. Find creative people. Stop assuming normalfaggotry was invented when you were born.
>Even on this anonymous imageboard posting seriously is seen as "weird" now, almost everyone is pretending despite not having a username attached to them and trying to come off as not caring about anything.
That's because /jp/ is a dead board flooded with autistic shitposters and niwaka holoshitters.
There are two long-running threads on /vst/ about niche /jp/ games and I didn't have to even leave this site.

>> No.35562000

>I just downloaded every single touhou doujinshi scanlated by Gaku-Touhou up to 2013
Where'd you get them, OP?

>> No.35562192

>>35456141
>>35456256
>>35460054
>>35461706
You will never be a real Japanese person. You have no genes, you have no title, you have no culture. You are a fatass neckbeard twisted by anime and hentai into a crude mockery of Asia’s perfection.

All the “Waifus” you get are two-faced and half-hearted. Behind your back people mock you. Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you, your “Waifu” laughs at your ogrish appearance behind closed doors.

Actual Asians are utterly repulsed by you. Thousands of years of evolution have allowed them to sniff out frauds with incredible efficiency. Even Otakus who bother to go outside look dishonorable and repulsive to anyone of asian ancestry. Your 5 chins, massive stubble and pale white skin is a dead giveaway. And even if you manage to get an Asian friend to discuss anime with you, they’ll turn tail and bolt the second they get a whiff of your fetid, god-awful stench.

You will never be happy. You wrench out a fake smile every single morning and tell yourself it’s going to be good, but deep inside you feel the depression creeping up like a weed, ready to crush you under the unbearable weight.

Eventually, it’ll be too much to bear - you’ll buy a rope, tie a noose, put it around your neck, and plunge into the cold abyss. Your parents will find you, heartbroken but relieved that they no longer have to live with the unbearable shame and disappointment. They’ll bury you with a headstone marked with your birth name, and every passerby for the rest of eternity will know an americunt is buried there. Your body will decay and go back to the dust, and all that will remain of your legacy is a skeleton that is unmistakaby amerimutt.

This is your fate. This is what you chose. There is no turning back.

>> No.35562263

>>35562192
Nice copypasta

>> No.35566616
File: 42 KB, 675x720, 9A15A72F-A683-49EE-A454-7F8792A5770B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35562192
Oh no… I- I’M COPING!
I’M S E E T H I NG!!!!!

DELET THIZ NAO!!!1!

>> No.35567137

>>35456141
I am honestly surprised by how quickly /jp/ of all places flipped. I mean the rot was obvious for some time but it's seriously weird looking at the catalogue now.

I'm not a super old fag or anything but I've been into otaku stuff since around 2004-5 and honestly all I can say is the community straight up died in terms of creativity and expression. And yeah it sucks that this stuff is so ubiquitous.

Also side note, I really don't like how Japan has changed over the past few decades. Each time I travel there it feels more and more set up for tourists now, or something like that. Idk it's a tricky thing to explain, it's subtle changes and homogenisation of culture or something

>> No.35567181

>>35567137
>homogenisation
Westernization*
Well, same difference on a global scale.

>> No.35567205

>>35567181
yeah, I'm not talking about just Japan though. In Australia there's a perverse strain of Japanese "culture" that just feels wrong, and exists both in it's true form, but also an imitation form by chinese clones. Idk, it was nicer when it was separate, sure it felt more unique or whatever, but it doesnt innovate when mixed in somewhere else

>> No.35569653

>>35567137
>the community straight up died in terms of creativity and expression
Pretty much, /jp/ now is mostly coomer threads with an occasional gem lost in the midst.

>> No.35569732

>>35562192
why did the parents move to japan with him

>> No.35571791

I miss MMOs with the jay

>> No.35573904

<span class="sjis">         ∧|∧
>>35560825 ( ´Д`) >based
>>35566616 ( ´Д`) >S E E T H I NG
>>35569653 ( ´Д`) >coomer
          |     +
          |        lヽ +
          | ∧_∧ l 」+
.  ____     ∩ ( ´∀`)∥ Revere /jp, expel the niwaka
 (     )    \_       つ
 | | |      | | |~
 (__)_)      (__)_)[/spoiler]

>> No.35578035

>>35573904
based

>> No.35578132

OP please respond

>> No.35579980
File: 130 KB, 1200x1400, E6F423B5-E786-4E79-B9EA-0BA6E3795B51.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35517930
>>>/vt/

>> No.35580110
File: 512 KB, 1280x1847, 0084F188-6A6B-4E0D-92D9-A564581CAD01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35573904
cuck
seethe
dilate
cope
tranny
simp
kike
incel
chud
sneed
rent free
omegalul
amogus
sus
sussy
baka
crossie
janny
chungus
manlet
roastie
soi
onions
boipussy
chad
virgin
cringe
lmao

>> No.35580269
File: 148 KB, 450x423, 1600447922220.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35463158
Just give me some normal otaku boards and moderators that actually care about the communities they moderate. I just want to take it easy with like-minded people and I can't do that on a board that unwillingly imports new foreign cultures every other year.

>> No.35580321

>>35580269
You're better off jumping ship to some of the alternatives. 4chan's not the only imageboard in town. (Not naming names).

>> No.35582521

>>35580321
name one alt that isn't dead, a blog or slow as molasses.

>> No.35582562

>>35567137
>Each time I travel there it feels more and more set up for tourists now,
you realize that now after countless ads and "JAPAN" from corporate media and advertising the same shot of Tokyo

>it's a tricky thing to explain, it's subtle changes and homogenisation of culture or something
That's exactly what's happening in one way or another.

>> No.35582596

>>35582521
>name one alt
>>35580321
>(Not naming names).
You don't have to come.

>> No.35583673
File: 858 KB, 200x267, 1610175734737.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35478387
I think I've noticed that I've been doing the whole coated in irony thing too

>> No.35583710

>>35456141
>(3dpd women being worshipped and treated as equal to 2d women, when 2d women are so much more important)
Ask me how I know you don't know what the old internet was like.

>> No.35583770

>>35548774
You can have your own server and fully decide what goes on there.

>> No.35583784

>>35583710
Even if he doesn't, small scraps of it still existed until the past few years.

>> No.35583793

>>35583784
Scraps still exist, it's up to you to find them.

>> No.35583880

>>35583793
True, I know of some small communities that are far removed from all the new era bullshit. You stumble into them when you avoid the mainstream long enough.
Maybe the internet isn't dead, just suffocating under rapidly growing heaps of garbage.

>> No.35583928

>>35567137
2019 was the last decent /jp/ year and even then the id*l and g*cha rot was already big. But at least it was before the vt*mors reached critical mass.

>> No.35583950

>>35583928
I want to fucking kill vtuber posters. They have their own goddamn board but still post here. Why won't that nip moot ban those faggots?

>> No.35584152

>>35583928
Gacha and idol threads, and twitter and crossboarder spammers aside, 2019 wasn't that bad in hindsight. You could still take it easy on /jp/.
I really wish we could return to a better time though, but I can't see things improving on the current course of the world.

>> No.35584665

>>35583950
They are here because the moderation team hates this board and wants to spite it's userbase. Which is the exact same reason the vteens post here too, out of spite.

>> No.35584675
File: 111 KB, 1197x890, SmugAme6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35583950
Good luck coming to my country in the middle of the pandemic.

>> No.35584734
File: 1.54 MB, 1404x684, 1625091549456.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35584675
Lol

>> No.35584742

<<35584675
Friendly reminder that these are the 3DPDs you simp for >>35584734

>> No.35585484

<span class="sjis">                                                   \((从⌒从*)) >simp
                                              \∑从  ∵ ━(( : ∂ ))  /
                                             \ (( § ) ⌒;  lll ;从 (・)/  三
                Revere /jp/, expel the niwaka              * ∑ ;  ) (( ‡ *   ζ    三
 ⌒  )) =≡≡三三三三 ∧∧                 //     (( § ) ⌒; ((从⌒从*));  lll ;(・)/
=≡≡三三| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄(  ´Д) ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|三三三三三三((从⌒ ) ⌒;  lll ;` 从    ) )―<< >>35584742
=≡≡三三|_______f ⌒ヽ __「  .〉________|三三三三三三#((  :: ) ( ⌒ ζ *` 从    ¢) )―
⌒  ))≡≡三三三三  i '   `ヽ./  /           \`      : *∑(( 从  ((  )) (( § )*ヽ
   =≡≡≡三三三   |, ' \  ´  /                     : / / ・(( ;  :  )) (  ζ\*
  =≡≡三三三三    |    _ヽ、_, '                    / ・(( 从  ((  )) *ヽ\ ヽ・ヽ\
  =≡≡≡≡三三   i  、      ヽ                        ∵ / / /      ;     ∵
=≡≡三三三三 _,, ┘  「`ー-ァ   j                         / / ,'     ∵
≡三三三三   f"     ノ   {  /                        /  /|  |
≡≡三三三  |  i⌒" ̄=≡三/  /                        !、_/ /   〉
=≡≡≡三三 ヾ,,_」   =≡三i___,,」[/spoiler]

>> No.35585997

>>35584742
>>35584734
No jokes I think they all look really cute.

>> No.35587046

>>35567137
/jp/ was murdered

>> No.35588723
File: 415 KB, 661x600, 1610474378493.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35478387
>Everyone I know who is 25 and younger is so coated in irony they themselves don't know where it begins and ends
Okay this one actually hurt more than just a little bit.

Everyone I pretty much know acts like this nowadays, and I've slowly started to build up a fake persona that also acts as such in a desperate attempt to not be secluded, and in so have managed to somehow garner "friends" upon "friends", yet like someone thirsty surrounded only by ocean, I have never felt more alone.

>> No.35589206
File: 218 KB, 462x616, remberhappyday2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35588723
Well, you do have to build up some sort of a fake persona to interact with strangers and new acquaintances. If you start immediately mouthing off about your deep passion for 2hu to a dude you just met, you'll probably turn him off.

On the other hand, I do get what you mean with the lack of authenticity. Although I only really noticed it when I left my lovely Easter European shithole to study in the UK. While back home people were more-or-less content to speak their mind once you got to know them, there people restricted themselves so much more. You might say this was due to cultural differences, but I found that older britbongs (ages 30 and up) are far more wiling to engage in deeper/weirder/niche topics even when they're not familiar with them (I remember getting into an extended discussion about 2hu and it's relation to various mythologies with a dude in his 40s). The younger generation (18 - 30), which I myself belong to, is mostly just focused on shallow entertainment, like blacking out on Friday evenings, and actively avoid any discussion more challenging than seasonal fashion trends, sometimes out of fear of being labelled "politically incorrect" (after a long-winded talk a gay dude admitted to me that he doesn't like the direction LGBT groups are currently going).

My advice to you would be to drop that fake persona, vocally identify and reject the inauthenticity that you see in your surroundings (don't be obnoxious about this, just simply say what you feel if you have strong feelings about something). This way, you'll attract people who feel in a similar fashion and be able to build up a friend circle consisting of passionate turbo-autists instead of vain normies. At least this method seemed to work for me, someone else's situation might be different.

>> No.35589361
File: 548 KB, 1024x715, b5483c5c7c237c39b27409af4aa06ae7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

When it comes to the ironic forum goon attitude, that was pretty common in most places where the userbase didn't consist of 13 yr olds. 4chongers adapted that attitude pretty early on too, but in turn that created "ironic fun", where the community is so used to being jaded that when something fun happens, the entire board is riled up and posts their best reaction images.

>> No.35596904

>>35584734
gross

>> No.35597944

>>35589361
That's one messed up Reimu. Sauce?

>> No.35598846

>>35585997
Doesn't matter, they're average women who take 10+ cocks that aren't yours. Once you leave 2d you are being cucked.

>> No.35598947

>>35584665
This is one of the few boards, maybe even the only board that has managed to hold onto some scraps of older 4chan culture. I've spoken to real people here, not the insecure idiots that have been flooding the entire internet. People can be interesting and nice here, and I feel satisfied talking to them. It's not like I have to run off with someone to privately message them to have a good conversation.
And they wanna destroy it, all of it. No freedom, no fun, because it threatens them. And they'll use these fucktards from other boards to do it.
Those other boards are filled with bots and shills, while I hardly see any of that shit here. That's where the insecurity often begins, threads devolving into irrelevant penis insults and the like. /jp/ is still miles above it even with these fags here.
And you know what, you could argue /jp/ was always shit and you'd be right. The other boards have just fallen so far that it's ended up being one of the best that are left.

>> No.35598982

Actually there are other good boards. But the few that exist only have specific threads you can go in to avoid the onslaught of dumb normie trash and insecurity. That includes this board, we just have more clean spaces.

>> No.35598986

>>35598846
That is really hot.

>> No.35602090

>>35598986
NTRfags should be publicly shamed

>> No.35603050

>>35602090
Start by bitching at half of /h/ and Comiket.

>> No.35603069

>>35602090
More like publicly executed.

>> No.35603573
File: 176 KB, 850x1191, __reisen_udongein_inaba_touhou_drawn_by_alison_alison_airlines__sample-e9220dffa540d2f8f935b67c84864017.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35603050
>Start by bitching at half of /h/
On it, sir
>and Comiket
I more than willing to take my righteous crusade to the heart of the heathen lands when the time is ripe. Sī Deus nobiscum, quī contra nōs?

>> No.35606748

>>35583950
>Why won't that nip moot ban those faggots?
Hiro IS a part time vt*ber himself, like JudasMario

>> No.35606986

>>35589206
>sometimes out of fear of being labelled "politically incorrect" (after a long-winded talk a gay dude admitted to me that he doesn't like the direction LGBT groups are currently going).
It's sad. We live in the social credit nightmare that China makes us terrified and we don't even realize this. You can't even say this outside Anonymous Chinese cartoon boards either.

>> No.35607647

>>35606986
Pretty much this. The most hilarious part was that my Chinese flatmate was more willing to have her views challenged despite being from and somewhat supporting an authoritarian regime. Hell, she was even on good terms with another guy from Hong Kong despite him being a batshit insane anarchist compared to her. They clashed all the time pollitically, but still understood that local britons are far more shallow retarded. I guess that's the worst bit about this current trend - it's not coming from "the big bad government", but from rampant normalfaggotry in the general populace.

>> No.35608662

>>35598947
I never understood this either. I left /jp/ in 3014 after moot removed visible sage because I was convinced the board would be flooded with riajyu. Didn’t come back for six years, not even in 2008. When I did last year I found the board was exactly the same. I think it might be a reverse boiling frog where people think things are much worse than they actually are.

I doubt most of this has anything to do with /jp/, this board is moderated with /a/ and they share a common culture even thirteen years later. I’ve also noticed certain elements of /jp/ culture filtering out into the wider board which actually helps sustain it at home (possibly the only good thing cr*Ssboarders have ever done)

>> No.35608905

>>35608662
If you think current /jp/ hasn't changed from 2014 /jp/, then all you've done is out yourself as somebody lying about his provenance.

>> No.35608957

Where did everyone go? What other otaku culture boards are there?

>> No.35609137

>>35608957
>What other otaku culture boards are there?
It's bad manners to link to a good imageboard on 4chan, you'll have to look for yourself. It's not that hard, there are dozens of imageboards.

>> No.35609223

>>35608905
Yeah, it sure has changed without the fumo threads, onahole threads, Flanfly, im@s imagedump threads and eight pages of “I want to lick Tewi’s feet” threads.

Oh wait, those are all still here. The only ones I can think of that disappeared are the /fig/, World of Tanks and TM threads and the last one was gone even in 2014.

But hey, you could post wojaks in 2014, things were so much better then.

>> No.35609284

>>35608957
>Where did everyone go? What other otaku culture boards are there?
The reality is that everyone moved on to d*scord, and mobilefags to aminoapps or whatever clones of it exist.

>>35609137
>t's not that hard, there are dozens of imageboards.
Yeah and ALL of them are abandoned shitholes, even 4chan's biggest alternative is a ghost town.

>> No.35609321

>>35609284
>Yeah and ALL of them are abandoned shitholes, even 4chan's biggest alternative is a ghost town.
It's not like I'm going to argue with you and try to prove you wrong. Your post is enough to make me glad you're not there.

>> No.35609329

/jp/ fags back in 2010 couldn't stay as a neet forever, you know. They moved on from their niche interests and pretended to be a normalfag to fit into society. I'm sad to say it but there is no happy ending to all this.

>> No.35609345

>>35609321
>Your post is enough to make me glad you're not there.
Not that I want to be on your shithole circlejerk board, I got enough browsing material with Futaba alone.

>> No.35609383

>>35609137
Everywhere seems to be super dead. Unless a board out there exist that I just haven't heard of yet.

>> No.35609535

>>35609223
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Saten/Raildex threads, FOTM anime threads, "why is /jp/ so shitty?" Bawson threads, "Are you frustrated?" threads, "das it mane" threads, "KoG sent me" pages of threads, portal threads, "check your privilege cis scum" threads, sudo pig threads, ZUN!bar blog threads, filipino onion smuggler threads, crying suika.jpg >warosu /easymodo threads, and photos of uncensored penises that stay up on the front page for a month.

I'm sure I'm still missing a few though!

>> No.35609901

>>35609329
>They moved on from their niche interests and pretended to be a normalfag to fit into society.
I didn't. I became a 30yo NEET.

>> No.35609965

>>35609535
Gonna out myself as a newfag and ask, why the hell Saten? Shes worst girl.

>> No.35610119

>>35479267
You're a 4chan level otaku, you say? Hrmph. I am a 2channel level otaku, and you are as far beneath me as narutards are beneath you. Think you're pretty hot with your torrents? My satellite dish is pulling down the latest shows while they air from motherfucking SPACE. By the time you even see the OP I've already fapped and smoked a cigarette. And the latest moeblob you fell in love with this season? Three years ago I played the game the show's based, got the secret harem ending, and came on her face. And her friends' faces. All at the same time. Twice. You keep waiting for your precious torrents. I'll be standing in line at Comiket, getting the real deal from the artist himself.

>> No.35610126

>>35609901
30 years old is not that old. Wait until you're 40.

>> No.35610205

>>35610119
You're a 2ch level otaku, you say? Hrmph. I am a mangaka level otaku, and you are as far beneath me as 4chan level otaku are beneath you. Think you're pretty hot with your bookstores? My pen is dishing out the latest stories while I think them up with my BRAIN. By the time you even crack the binding I've already signed a contract for the next one. And that h-game you played three years ago? I made my wife dress up as the lead and had sex with her for inspiration when I co-wrote it. I still have the manuscript for the bondage scene you'll never see. You keep waiting for your precious bookdealers. I'll be sitting in my studio apartment, making the real deal with my own hands.

>> No.35610602
File: 170 KB, 384x509, Flan.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35463158
I use Kissu and other /jp/ spin-offs.

>> No.35614770

>>35609901
Are you also a wizard by now?

>> No.35616101

>>35609329
I will be a NEET forever!

>> No.35616869

>>35614770
Of course, I am.

>> No.35616995
File: 216 KB, 850x1078, mokoufire.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35616869
How many peasants have you incinerated with your fireballs so far?

>> No.35618299
File: 1 KB, 183x46, hidden.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35584734
are these really the people the hollowpockets teens are defending? jesus christ
>>35583950
i don't understand why there hasn't been much pushback from the rest of us against those shit threads

>> No.35618321

>>35618299
>i don't understand why there hasn't been much pushback from the rest of us against those shit threads
There's plenty of pushback, it just gets deleted. The board name is Janny's Palace for a reason.

>> No.35618460

>>35618299
There was a shitload of pushback especially around the time the changes first happened, it was a basically a spam war. It's just that those threads and posts got deleted and they quieted the more reasonable anons with a "We're paying close attention to the situation and your feedback", which never had anything come of it either. So we're in a limbo now where they have a board specific to them, and the mods defend them if anybody tries to get them to fuck off to their board.

It's worth noting that it wasn't really that bad when they confined to the one or two generals. But something happened in our moderation to where some mod had the great idea that /jp/ should be /vt/ 1.0 and we've been stuck with this change since, there's a lot of people who think whatever sane mod we had left around or shortly before December.

>> No.35618526
File: 831 KB, 1847x699, 1625836251760.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35618299
< Yesterday.

>>35618443
>>35618460
How do you even doublepost on 4chan?

>> No.35618630

>>35618299
You missed like a lot. There is 30+ threads. At this rate Tumor threads will take up 40% of /jp/

>> No.35618683

>>35618526
>How do you even doublepost on 4chan?
I fucked up my first post, saying the mods were defending people telling vtubers to fuck off. Don't make posts half-asleep.

>> No.35618729
File: 39 KB, 374x475, 1592353349409.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

There are currently 34 vtuber threads on the board. And then there's all the 3DPD and other shit generals as well, so I'm back to filtereing about 50 to 60 threads now.

/jp/ needs to be split into a few smaller boards. There's isn't enough room for topics that don't already have a dedicated general or is just a mindless image dump. Ideally, I would just kick out all the imported shit threads and get rid of the "garbage dump" status /jp/ has, but what would a board like that even be called? What does 2hu, idolmaster, seacats, vocaloid, VNs, tea, and random other niches have in common?

>> No.35618744

>>35618630
>>35618729
I count exactly 70 threads between vtubers and generals. Not all these generals are total dumps, but then not all the rest of the threads are good either.

>> No.35618757

>>35618729
Just make a board for 3dpd celebrities, and a board for vtube-oh fucking wait.

If they cared about the community they'd be actually doing things to help it. They killed off /vr/ by forcing a change that nearly the entire board was against, but they'll make new boards for useless shit like "strategy games" and won't actually force people to use the boards.

>> No.35618792

>>35618729
>/jp/ needs to be split into a few smaller boards
I wouldn't say that's the issue. The issue is that none of our mods seem to have the willpower to enforce anybody actually make posts on the dedicated boards. If anything creating a /vt/ board but settling with a "well you don't HAVE to use it" enforcement probably just pissed people off more than they already were.

The entire issue is that the move to /vt/ was never enforced. On paper it was a great idea - if the board was ridiculously too fast you could have even given them a second one for Western vtubers. Everybody's happy. Except the change wasn't enforced, and they even started fighting amongst themselves because /jp/ was the "better" board and everyone in /vt/ is a fag - except the vtuber fags on /jp/, of course.

It's ridiculous and the problem is out of hand. You see them fucking everywhere and they're always the most obnoxious of posters, no limited to /jp/. It seems a bit silly but they really do seem like the unbearable bronies of days past, everybody hates them except for each other, and there's a hell of a lot of them.

>> No.35618863

>>35618757
>If they cared
>>35618792
>none of our mods seem to have the willpower
Idiots, the mods and jannies do care about /jp/. Caring goes both ways, and the staff has had it out for /jp/ for a long time.

>> No.35619251

>>35549099
>Anime only became truly mainstream globally within the last 10-15 years and 4chan had a big part to play in that.
Til this day anime is still not "truly mainstream", it is just much more popular and known to the average person, it's become normiefied but is still something restricted to internet communities and asocial weirdos, whenever if they're the 4chan autist kind, or the discord retard kind.

I wonder how it will be in 10 years from now, perhaps then it would have reached the point where it has (sadly) become something as mainstream as Disney.

>> No.35619282

>>35546652
This should be said more - Discord fucking sucks, but it ended up becoming the natural evolution of IRC and Ventrilo by being in the right place in the right time.

>> No.35620018

>>35545202
Ditto, I'm a zoomer who has been using the internet since 2006 (thanks PC nerd dad), zoomerfags can still be oldfags, I'm very glad that I also got to personally experience the magical autism of pre-2013 4chan, anime/manga communities during their peak, and the old internet in general, even if I arrived a bit late, and if this experience was short-lasted.

Perhaps in the future there could be a revival of oldfag/2000s internet culture? as much as how we currently have zoomers who are fascinated with 80s aesthetics, retro games, and synth music even though they were not even born in that time period, maybe as the internet becomes even more corporate, paywalled, sanitized, and fractured, new generations might become interested in knowing what it used to be before that, we already have a romanticized oldfag internet, so this may be the beginning of a new trend in the future, as romanticizing a glorious past and nostalgiafagging is standard human behavior.

But of course, this potential revival of 2000s oldfag culture will inevitably be milked and commodified by corporations, and there are tons of dumb shit from the 2000s internet that I would prefer to not get revivals.

>> No.35621405

>>35618460
>and the mods defend them if anybody tries to get them to fuck off to their board.
Am I just imagining things or do the mods seem even more biased and aggressive now? It's like they hoped that /jp/ would just tire itself out, but they grew impatient and are now forcing /jp/ into accepting vtubers by silencing all opposition and ignoring people posting vtubers in non-vtuber threads (aka off-topic).

>> No.35621694

>>35584734
is this pic for real?

>> No.35621847

>>35545173
You're disregarding the intrinsic value of a subject in your argument.
Yes, my interest is factually better than their interest.

>> No.35621923

>>35584665
>Which is the exact same reason the vteens post here too, out of spite.
It is saddening to imagine that so many waste their life that way.
would it not be a genuinely better idea to commit suicide at that point instead of wallowing in self-induced negativity..?

>> No.35621948

I wonder how many people from old /jp/ and the old internet just "grew out of it". You can only pretend to be a touhou vampire NEET for so long before real life hits you or you get bored. They might have gotten swept up in a different more normal hobby. I seriously doubt everyone ended up like me, a 32 year old wizard.

>> No.35622019

>>35621948
I have several "mature" hobbies like Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Gardening, Literature and Music, but i still adore Touhou. I am about to get a degree, too.
You are not forced to "choose" between Otaku interests or real life and those who say they grew out of it never really were interested in the first place.

>> No.35622048

>>35621948
I'm coming up on 30 and I enjoy a variety of things. I find it a little strange though, that you think playing Touhou games includes pretending to be a vampire loli. One thing I will say I have grown out of though, is the old internet's rebel attitude towards things like piracy, which made sense in the Napster/Limewire/Kazaa days when the other side was record companies, but became a complete nonsense position in the modern internet. You need a job.

>> No.35622066

>>35622019
>I am about to get a degree, too.
Wow, you must almost be old enough to drink now.

>> No.35622096

>>35621948
Going to be 30 later this year and I have a "career" but no life, so I keep coming here to lurk, don't have many hobbies left, but I am content none the less

>> No.35622356

>>35622048
>One thing I will say I have grown out of though, is the old internet's rebel attitude towards things like piracy, which made sense in the Napster/Limewire/Kazaa days when the other side was record companies, but became a complete nonsense position in the modern internet. You need a job.
I'm sorry that you've become a pussy.

>> No.35622382

>>35622356
I'm sure you're very tough and cool, spending your life as a selfish consumer who doesn't even benefit the people whose work you appreciate. I want the world to contain more of the things I like, so I'll continue to be "a pussy" and help their creators instead of downloading them like a third world nigger with no job. There's no need to be sorry.

>> No.35622403

>>35622382
>I want the world to contain more of the things I like, so I'll continue to be "a pussy" and help their creators
Whether you buy things or not makes no difference. They will keep being made (or not) regardless of what you do, because your contribution is so small. You could buy the same game 10 times and it wouldn't change anything except for making you poorer and a few shareholders richer.

>> No.35622461

>>35622403
I'm acting in the name of the categorical imperative. If I think the fruit of someone's labor is good, it is good to support them; those who work to make good things continue to be rewarded entirely due to people who are willing to exchange their work with that of the artist/writer/etc.
In the discussion between the paying customer and the leech, "my" contribution is not small, because I stand for all of those who are working to make these things a reality. We are making it all happen.

>> No.35622500

>>35618729
>/jp/ needs to be split into a few smaller boards.
No it doesn't. All we need is /2hu/, the 3DPDtards, g*chafags and vt*berturds are happy sharing the board because their generals are already like smaller boards. But as Touhou reclines that isn't likely to happen.

>> No.35622519

>>35622461
>If I think the fruit of someone's labor is good, it is good to support them; those who work to make good things continue to be rewarded entirely due to people who are willing to exchange their work with that of the artist/writer/etc.
You can pirate and still choose to do that. Many people (including me) have bought games after pirating them, specifically because they felt like rewarding the company. On the other hand, if you absolutely refuse to pirate, then you risk paying for games that you end up disliking, and in turn rewarding people for making games that you don't want to see more of.

>In the discussion between the paying customer and the leech, "my" contribution is not small, because I stand for all of those who are working to make these things a reality. We are making it all happen.
Irrelevant. It doesn't change the fact that your contribution to the total amount is still small and ultimately doesn't change anything. It's like with ads on the internet. If everyone blocked them, some sites would go bankrupt, and other ones would adopt more restrictive conditions than an adblocker. Both those outcomes are undesirable, so what is the solution? Is it to stop using adblockers? No, you keep using them, but you keep quiet about it, that way the cattle will keep funding your own enjoyment. By refusing to pirate, you're willingly turning yourself into cattle for other people, at no benefit for yourself.

>> No.35622539

>>35622519
>No, you keep using them, but you keep quiet about it, that way the cattle will keep funding your own enjoyment. By refusing to pirate, you're willingly turning yourself into cattle for other people, at no benefit for yourself.
As you seem to be doing so well...?

This is the most pointless argument I've seen in the past 5 minutes, both of you are fags.

>> No.35622563

>>35622539
>As you seem to be doing so well...?
Yes, I don't talk about adblockers to people who don't know about them, as in usually normalfags. This is /jp/ and I can expect everyone here to be using one or at least to know about them, so there's no hard in discussing them.

>> No.35622564

>>35622519
Posting "irrelevant" doesn't make my position irrelevant. The entire "cattle" pejorative is meaningless because the relationship between say, me and ZUN when I buy a Touhou game, isn't onesided or exploitative like that between a farmer and his animal; yet when you pirate it, your interaction is as such. People with jobs are not "cattle". Rather, you are a tick.

>> No.35622609

>>35622564
>The entire "cattle" pejorative is meaningless because the relationship between say, me and ZUN when I buy a Touhou game, isn't onesided or exploitative like that between a farmer and his animal
It depends on what you buy. If he's providing a physical good to you that he had to pay for, then it's not exploitative. If you buy data, then it is, because you give him money at no cost for him, even though he's most likely richer than you.

>yet when you pirate it, your interaction is as such.
No, because nobody has ever lost anything from me pirating. Hell, piracy has allowed me to discover, and later pay for, a few games that I wouldn't have ever tried if I would have had to pay for them in the first place.

>People with jobs are not "cattle".
It depends.

>> No.35622637

>>35622500
Just go to >>>/vg/2hug

>> No.35622656

>>35622609
Oh I see, so you're some redistributionist leftist with no job. I don't care if an artist I like is the richest man in the world, exchanges of value do not exist to create an artificial "equality" bugworld in the first place. Continue to act like it is virtuous to use your mom's credit card on whatever garbage you think you're "discovering" without me, leech.

>> No.35622675

angry wagie needs to get back in his cagey

>> No.35622722

>>35622675
Thas rite white boy

>> No.35622731

>>35622656
>I don't care if an artist I like is the richest man in the world
Yeah, you didn't need to explain that, you've already made it pretty clear that you're committed to making it happen, at your own expense.

>exchanges of value do not exist to create an artificial "equality" bugworld in the first place
There's no exchange when you're the only one giving something away.

>> No.35622828

>>35621405
They're accelerationists working to foster a golden new age of shitposting on /jp/. Years of taking it easy has created weak men. /jp/ has only ever worked when moderation and userbase have been in direct conflict with one another and 90% of the board was deleted pages.
If anything we need another @jp_takes raid but with holoshitters instead.

>> No.35622953

>>35622828
>/jp/ has only ever worked when moderation and userbase have been in direct conflict with one another and 90% of the board was deleted pages.
That's it fire up the bots.

>> No.35623691

>>35622828
Sometimes I wonder why ya'll /jp/sies can be so motivated to hit your head on the wall and then complain people are forcing you to do so.
But apparently downloading a futaba variant, firing up a cheap VPS, getting a few people to mod it, and literally putting an advertisement on the top of /jp/ via bid.glass is somehow the much, much worse alternative.

>> No.35623821

<span class="sjis">                      ────── ──────────
          >>35623691           ∧ ∧,~ Revere /jp/, expel the niwaka
           ∧_∧ >ya'll        ( (⌒ ̄ `ヽ───_ ────────―─‐
        Σ ( ;   )    人/し      \  \ `ー'"´, -'⌒ヽ──────―
            ( ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄┴-   (     /∠_,ノ    _/_───‐―──―‐
             |  (    *=========(( ノ ヽ、_/´  \―────‐───―─
            /  /   ∧   \      (     く     `ヽ、 ―────―─-───―
            / /   / U\   \     \____>\___ノ ───────‐─―‐
           / / ( ̄)  | |\  ( ̄)     /__〉.───`、__>.―‐―──‐─―─―─
          / ( ノ  (   | |  \ ノ (
         ⊂- ┘(    ) └--┘ (    )
             UUUU      UUUU[/spoiler]

>> No.35623833

>>35623691
>and literally putting an advertisement on the top of /jp/
I wouldn't want the people who are too retarded to use an adblocker.

>> No.35623908

>>35623833
Then hell, mention it in threads where people aren't, and if you get hit for advertisement do whatever you usually do.
You can tell me a hundred ways why this wouldn't work, and I can tell you the hundreds of times it didn't work on /jp/ in particular.

>> No.35627837
File: 44 KB, 300x250, cumocumo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>35623691
>>35623833
Well at least the new ones are actually fun and interesting. Like the football cup one or deep fried Reimu. I've actually considered disabling my adblocker after seeing them.

>> No.35627866

>>35627837
The bid.glass adverts have a different source URL than the "regular" adverts, so you can enable your adblocker but just whitelist the bid.glass ones.
This means you'll only see ads when there is a bid.glass one.

>> No.35627927

>>35627866
Thanks for the tip.

>> No.35628131

>>35623691
yeah because it worked so great in the past

>> No.35628199

>>35621405
Yeah, slowly allowing new vtuber threads and silencing anyone pointing it out or trying to fight it.

>> No.35628431

>>35628131
If you have no faith in the anons that people are supposedly have a slap-fight on /jp/ for, I really question why anyone is having the slap-fight in the first place.
I use other imageboards without issue.

>> No.35628550

>>35628199
inb4 it isn't of the exact same substance if vtuber posters were doing it in 2hu threads with high quality discussion like >>35625128 . Because apparently liking fads from time periods you relate to is the standard of what makes something otaku culture over, say, what otakus as a whole form cultures over. Say it's super shitty, but you are simply denying ever metric if you claim that Japanese nerds that are in the doujin, art, and music scene aren't forming a culture and producing art around (stupid) talking heads.

I get salty about it because you act like shitting up other threads of things you don't even fucking like should be tolerated when it is against things you don't like, while them even making threads without shitting up your threads is an attack.
It's an autistic double standard which makes me question what kind of quality posts YOU would make if there is nothing to grind an axe against. It just seems like 2016 /qa/ tier off-topic.
t. like 2hus, don't care about tubers

>> No.35628728

>>35628550
Vtubers got their own board and therefore they should stay there, i dont care if it is otaku culture related or not but we have seen it doesn't coexist well with other shit here, no need to shit up board or give room for shitposters to shit on board and it become really easy when there is two big groups liking different fads on same board, just falseflag as another one and shit on other ones threads, easy spam/flame war.

t. claiming that you like X matters jackshit since you can just lie

>> No.35628916

>>35628728
>claiming that you like X matters jackshit since you can just lie
Yeah, and if I don't people just say I like vtubers, which is also a lie.

>> No.35629017

>>35628550
>>35628916
And just to add making threads is form of an attack when you have your own board for said threads, pretty much same thing that happens irl with countries, just immigrate citizens from country A to B and suddenlly citizens of country B really like country A and just join them through election of people that moved from country A. Yeah kinda bad example but it sadly just works.

>Yeah, and if I don't people just say I like vtubers, which is also a lie.
fair enough, can't win either way but what i have experienced, people who claim to like something usually just lie just to present themselfs as fan of said thing, atleast in internet

>> No.35629258

>>35610119
>narutards
Now that is an oldfag insult I do not hear for a long time.

>> No.35631821
File: 34 KB, 608x448, dijiko.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

It's funny.
In the time this thread got 200 replies, about 20,000 posts have been made about vtubers on this board.

>> No.35632217

>>35631821
/jp/ is not taking it very easy!!

>> No.35633068

>>35622564
If you don't directly buy the game from ZUN at Reitaisai you are paying some fat jew nigger 35%.

>> No.35633195

>>35633068
What about japanese second hands? they paid for ZUN in first place most likely so in sense you just pay them what they paid for ZUN.

But yeah steam releases were mistake in sense that it gave more awarness for series not necessarily because some jew take shit from middle.

>> No.35633622

>>35621948
>I wonder how many people from old /jp/ and the old internet just "grew out of it". You can only pretend to be a touhou vampire NEET for so long before real life hits you or you get bored.
This is already happening to me, I can feel it.

>> No.35633853

>>35582521
Most active altchans have not english as their main language on their boards outside of their /int/.

>> No.35634024

>>35633622
Damn. Sorry anon...

>> No.35634036

Anons should I watch Welcome to the NHK? Is it worth it?

>> No.35634043

>>35634036
No, you should read it. (Not the shitty manga). Also, >>>/a/.

>> No.35639536

>>35629017
We'll be free someday

>> No.35641093

>>35639536
Indeed, this will end as all things must.

>> No.35643416
File: 5 KB, 403x118, moot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>35618863
>the mods and jannies do care about /jp/.
The mods that cared are long gone anon...

>> No.35644196

>>35622500
Yeah, and the all threads from /vg/ would lost the taste and the spirit.

>> No.35645001

>>35609329
I don't think so, honestly niche interests like anime, manga, and doujin culture do attract certain type of personalities that most of the time won't fully moved on from their interests just because of 'adult responsibilities'

Some old turbo autists from local cons which I still managed to get in touch sometimes still retain their interests in one way or another

One thing all of us have though is we're much better at hiding our interests because people just look at us as weirdos most of the time

>> No.35645511

>>35643416
moot hated /jp/ because it was one of the few boards that did not suck his dick

>> No.35650662

>>35645001
Yeah, those turbo autists probably got scattered or are now forced to hide their powerlevels in most online places instead of disappearing

>> No.35655141

>>35650662
Yeah and that's understandable

It's all okay though because before corona hit I went with some old friends to one of my local con and despite noticing that there are a lot more normalfag in terms of percentage compared to ~15 years ago, you still can find young turbo autists here and there, pretty sure that most of them will grow up like most of us who just work normal jobs while nerding out in private

>> No.35655174

>>35655141
>I went with some old friends to one of my local con
No, John, you are the normalfags.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action