[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 686 KB, 640x481, what the fuck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3375867 No.3375867 [Reply] [Original]

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with UFO's extra?

I know I'm an average player, but I cleared EoSD, PCB, IN and MoF's extra without too much difficulty.

How angry must ZUN have been when he designed Kogasa's second and third spellcards? I must be missing the trick for the third spellcard if there's one, but I currently believe that surviving through the last 10 seconds against that spellcard is completely random luck bullshit.

Man, I can barely make it to Nue with more than 1 life zero bombs. Am I the only one to find this extra too difficult? Fuck you, ZUN.

>> No.3375878

Not only Kogasa. The whole stage is Lunatic level.

>> No.3375896

You'll be disappointed when you actually reach Nue with substantial lives, she's only a small step above Suwako in difficulty.

You just have to trust that you know your hitbox for Kogasa's second card, and her third is pretty much reaction danmaku, no trick.

>> No.3376164

I actually found it a little easier than average, since lolNue. Aside from MarisaB sucking ass, and the UFO-chasing, it doesn't seem that bad.

And Kogasa's cards seem pretty par for the course to me. There are worse Ex-mids (cough, Royal Flare).

>> No.3376291

I haven't even gotten through normal yet. Funny enough I almost beat the last stage with 2 lives, but did worse with 6 lives.

Is there any decent trick for those rotating final spell card things anyway?

>> No.3376312

>>3376164
Royal Flare isn't that bad and memorizable.

Umbrella Flash is all about "haha fuck you" instant lasers.

>> No.3376330

>>3375896
When fighting the second, I wish my character could move faster, because the gaps between can close while one tries to fly through them.

The last is a nightmare. With 60fps, after the first 3 lasers, I can't even tell in which direction they spin before materializing anymore.

>> No.3376337

Stage is crazy to compensate for easy boss.

What this ends up doing is it makes you fail so many times on the stage that the extra boss takes you longer to beat.

Second midboss spell is easy, don't think, just feel and you'll be tanasinn.

Third spell is all about reaction time unfortunately.

>> No.3376396

I've noticed that since PCB, all of the extra bosses use that card-looking danmaku.

>> No.3376509

>>3376164
>There are worse Ex-mids (cough, Royal Flare).

are you kidding me? Royal Flare is exactly the same every time, and while not the easiest, is far from the hardest (I have a harder time with both of Chen's, Kanako's 3rd, Sanae's 2nd and 3rd, all of Kogasa's). In fact, it's the only one of Patchy's spellcards I can actually capture, I bomb or die on Silent Selene and Philosopher's Stone every time (both of which I find harder than most of Flan's cards).

UFO really is going back to EoSD-style Extra with painful stage and hardly any lives to work with on the boss. I thought EoSD had by far the hardest stage (due to way more randomness than future Extras which were almost all memorization) until I played UFO and its Extra rape. The first half isn't too bad, but Kogasa is total BS, and even if I somehow make it through (I actually captured all 3 cards last time, 3rd was pure luck) then the 2nd half of the stage just destroys me anyway. UFO collection is next to impossible to memorize; depending on the exact timing of when you destroy a UFO-releasing enemy the small UFO might wind up reachable or on the other side of a wall of bullets.

And I'm not finding Nue very easy at all; all of her UFO cards rape me, along with the darkness card that feels like a survival card except it's not. The first time I ever faced her I captured her 2nd card, now I die or have to bomb twice every time. And I pretty much gave up entirely after reaching her survival card for the first time and seeing what a huge amount of time was still left to go after getting raped.

>> No.3376514

>>3376330
Following one laser with your eyes seems to help a lot.
At the time, the lasers slow down, (let's say they spin clockwise), look at one laser to your right ~30°, follow him and look at it stop in you or next to and act accordingly.

>> No.3376564

>>3376330
Yuugi has that one card that's similar, I'm bad with names--anyway, I treat that card and Kogasa's second the same way and just don't focus, and it doesn't feel too different. I pretend I'm fighting Shou when I get to Karakasa Flash. Seriously, fuck Shou, fuck reaction danmaku.

>> No.3376615

>>3376564
The difference between Yuugi's and Kogasa's are the bullets.

When I look at the bullets (Kogasa) from the left, and see and opening, there's always the chance that 2 or more bullet sprites overlap, split and block the way.
If those bullets where arrows, it'd be a lot easier.

>> No.3376626
File: 265 KB, 593x604, 1251626792082.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3376674

>>3376564
the bullets on Yuugi's card aren't coming at as sharp an angle, and there's not nearly as much mixing/overlapping of the bullets that makes them hard to track. Kogasa's card always ends up feeling like the bullets are curving right into me with the way the gaps open and close and identical-looking bullets crossing over each other. A smaller number of huge bullets is just easier than a large number of small bullets cause there's not as much to keep track of.

Kogasa is barely manageable with Reimu (like I said, I captured all 3 cards my last time) but I find her impossible with Marisa. The first spellcard I just glue my face to the screen like I do for Hourai Elixir or Phoenix Tail and dodge carefully, but with Marisa I still die to bullshit hitboxes (I just LOVE how she uses one of my least favorite bullet types). The 2nd card I frequently beat with luck squeezing through tiny gaps with Reimu's hitbox, and the 3rd card is obviously easier to beat with luck when you have a smaller hitbox.

>> No.3376686
File: 386 KB, 1500x1500, 1233238731794.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3376626
Touhou invented CAVE, silly man.

>> No.3376689

Why are we complaining again? I think we should be happy that this Extra is actually challenging and won't take us only two days to complete it after we unlock it.

>> No.3376692
File: 91 KB, 800x800, stgup20014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3376697
File: 64 KB, 720x507, 1251078598521.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3376692
It's a feature ンフフフフフ

>> No.3376727

>>3376164
Royal flare protip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E94EYSaYoE

>> No.3376737

Quick question: Does UFO have Last Spells?

>> No.3376750

>>3376686
God, fanart keeps reminding me that the official Touhou art looks likes hit. Goddamn.

>> No.3376781

>>3376727
Can't unsee.

>> No.3376813

>>3376689
>two days to complete it after we unlock it.
Actually, it took about an hour or two while SA took me 7.

>> No.3377360

I found UFO's Extra to be very disappointing. Nue is a total joke, the first time I cleared it my record for the last 2 spellcards was 1/1 for both of them.

Kogasa is a bitch, yes, but depending on what ufos you grab, you can bomb her second and third card without it affecting the rest of the stage. I find that getting a red ufo and then 2 green ones before she shows up is a balance, I don't fall behind on red ufos, and it gives me the extra bombs in the case I might need them.

>> No.3377394

>>3376686
What is "Anti"?

>> No.3377525

>>3376692
>>3376697
So who copied who?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action