[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 159 KB, 750x644, neetgirl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3161882 No.3161882 [Reply] [Original]

I'm going to college after being a NEET for about 2 years
Problem is I have no motivation to do anything, and I will probably end up doing nothing and will drop out again.
How do I get motivated?

>> No.3161900

Momentum is a powerful motivator. Once you get started, it isn't hard to keep going.

The burnout brick wall, well, you gots to deal with that when it comes.

>> No.3161891

>>>/r9k/

>> No.3161905

>>3161891
What he said. The board is going down soon, so their entire userbase is going into overtime trying to spend as much time on /r9k/ before it dies. Give them work.

>> No.3161909

You don't.

>> No.3161930

I'm in the same boat. But it's three years for me. I have no motivation still other than trying to make something out of my life. Also being a students give you another 4-8 years without anyone really expecting much from you finance wise.

>> No.3161951

Take classes that you are actually interested in. Also, take stuff that is actually challenging and mentally stimulating. You can take at least one easy A grade nonsense class though. Nothing wrong with taking it easy.

Also always go to class; just force yourself and then it will become routine. When you stop going to class then that's when things become bad.

>> No.3161987

I remember when my neet funds ran out. Shit hit the fan for awhile. Parents took me back in now I'm dreadfully attending college again. I miss being out of the bland routine society. It leaves me in despair!

>> No.3162003

>>3161882
I do believe that OP is on to something here.
--
> http://at.com/4i = best site on the Web.
> Get your own 4chan signature at: http://users.xoom.net/~m21gy7e/files/4chansig.exe

>> No.3162004

Stop with these fucking threads.

Do an original NEET thread for once.

>> No.3162017

Ah, fuck. Me too.
My problem isn't that I lack motivation, it's that I enjoy sitting around in front of my computer lurking here and playing games all day.
It'll be tough giving all that up.

>> No.3162049

Move out!

Once you discover how miserable life is working full time for peanuts in order to pay the bills, you'll be happy to go to school.

>> No.3162058

>>3162017
Doesn't everyone?

>> No.3162083

It's alot easier if you have an actual goal in mind. Just going to college because you think you should be going to college is definitely hard on the motivation factor

>> No.3162100

Never stop going to class. Once you get into a routine, you won't be able to stop.
Don't burn yourself out too early.
Think of yourself as being superior to everyone around you. In order to prove it, do your absolute best to make everyone around you feel inferior and weak. Narcissism can be an amazing motivator.

>> No.3162112

>>3162100
I did this last classes I went to. It wasn't hard though because the last classes I took were Japanese classes, and the class was full of the bad kind of weeaboos.

>> No.3162120

>>3162112

Community college?

>> No.3162128

>>3162120
Yup

>> No.3162134

>>3162112
>>3162128
So did it work?

>> No.3162156

>>3162134
I was always ahead of the class, but that's to be expected really. I dropped out and started studying on my own not long after, though, which was the best decision I ever made.

>> No.3162170

Skull starts again in another week and I still haven't checked my final grades form last semester so I don't know what classes I can even sign up for.

Goddamn, I've never procrastinated quite like this before.

>> No.3162174

>>3162156

On japanese...? I really don't know how you guys do it. I mean learning hiragana/katakana was cake but I just can't do the kanji. Just getting through 50 took me forever, where do you get the motivation for another 1,900 to learn the general-use ones

>> No.3162178

College doesn't count as education. Call us when you're in an university.

>> No.3162201

>>3162174
>where do you get the motivation
Never really needed it in the first place. Well, I did at first when I thought learning was "staring at textbooks until it all burns into my mind", but then I just started reading simple manga, looking up each kanji I didn't understand, and repeat until I could skim-read it. Was pretty fun.

>> No.3162467

>>3162049
Interesting. I was a dean's list/honor student at my uni who dropped out to work full time for peanuts, and I've been much happier than I was for any of those years. Because so many more people are getting degrees (hello grade inflation!) I foresee far less utility from an undergrad degree anyway.

I'd say find what you like doing more than any other factor. If it takes a degree, do it. If not, why bother? Being in debt forces people to do things they don't enjoy more than any honest-yet-cheap labor.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action