[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 63 KB, 668x482, MG girl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3039384 No.3039384 [Reply] [Original]

http://novelnews.net/2009/08/02/when-they-translate/

>Meanwhile, after some correspondence with MangaGamer staff, it appears that they have modified their usual workflow for translation. Instead of having a single editor and single proofreader follow the translation stage, there will be now a few proofreaders who will each read through the entire script. In fact, the rumor is that they’ve also managed to hire a well-known bilingual proofreader who is also a hardcore fan of the Higurashi games.

According to EvoSpace's IRC chatting the other day, this is very likely to be kj1980, the person who did the TIPS threads over at AnimeSuki.

>The main entity that brought together Higurashi and MangaGamer is apparently HOBIBOX, a seemingly new member of an increasing number of companies behind MangaGamer. HOBIBOX, a multifaceted company with divisions that work on things like PC games as well as anime songs and drama CDs, has actually been working with 07th Expansion, the doujin circle that created Higurashi, for five years now. Some fruits of this collaboration include a port of Higurashi to the mobile phone in Japan, as well as a collection of drama CDs corresponding to each of the arcs. They were also at Anime Expo 2009 in side the MangaGamer booth, selling various music CDs and physical discs of the Japanese version of Higurashi. Before Anime Expo, HOBIBOX, not knowing about the fan translation for Higurashi, approached MangaGamer and sublicensed them rights to produce a commercial English release. This deal was sealed in June of 2009, literally weeks before the announcement at Anime Expo 2009 in early July.

HOBIBOX actually has a lot of connections in Japan, so seeing them working with MangaGamer is a good thing.

>> No.3039392

>HOBIBOX actually has a lot of connections in Japan, so seeing them working with MangaGamer is a good thing.

For a moment there i read HOBOBOX.

>> No.3039396

Perhaps MG has learned from this debacle and the Higurashi release will be of high quality.
But I fear that when you get a fan on board and start telling him that his work amounts to money, the output won't be just the same. People tend to work better for social and personal gratification and not for money. It turns it into a grind.

Well, wait and see.

>> No.3039402

Get out MG devs.

>> No.3039416
File: 63 KB, 1056x361, promo companies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I suppose that explains why HOBIBOX was listed on their company list.

>> No.3039422

>>3039396
>people tend to work better for social and personal gratification and not for money

fuck off COMMIE

>> No.3039428

>>3039396

It's possible to actually enjoy one's job. You are losing if you are only working for money.

>> No.3039430

When the mascot gets posted, I stare at her instead of reading the text.

>> No.3039440

>>3039422
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

>> No.3039447

>>3039428
>>3039422
Not exactly what I meant. There's no reason why you can't enjoy a paying job, but my point is that it could make it a grind instead of something enjoyable on its own.
That's the reason I tend to like fanworks better than the official thing. But I could be wrong.

>> No.3039486

Higurashi DS and PS2 when?

>> No.3039497

>>3039428
People are happier when they are doing something as a hobby.

>> No.3039505 [DELETED] 

>>3039384
OP here. I just found a far superior board without morons so I'm leaving Reeeeeeetardchan forever now:

www.
ANOT
- T + N
TALK
.com

-- Where smart Internet users hang! Are you a smartie or a dumbass?

Please help improve this article by expanding it. Further information might be found on the talk page. (June 2007)

Tadao Sato (佐藤 忠男, Satō Tadao?, born October 6, 1930 in Niigata, Niigata, Japan) is a prominent Japanese film critic and film theorist. Sato has published more than 30 books on film, and is one of the foremost scholars and historians addressing Japanese film, though little of his work has been translated for publication abroad[1].
The international awareness of Sato's scholarshi

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action