[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 8 KB, 480x320, shanghai exe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23025255 No.23025255 [Reply] [Original]

Didn't see a Shanghai thread
Old thread: >>22851572
I just wanna say dev thank you for bringing this game back from the dead, when it was cancelled two years ago I'd lost all hope
Thanks for fighting the good fight

>> No.23025855

I thought we were trying to avoid having a general

>> No.23026686

The PvP is going to be horribly unbalanced in this game.

>> No.23027916

>>23026686
Probably can't be worse than BN2.

>> No.23027922

>>23025855
That was kinda the plan, but the game has some kind of fanbase outside of /jp/ so someone who doesn't really post here will make a thread despite there being no notable updates anyways.

>> No.23032102

Why couldn't we have Megamari.EXE instead?

>> No.23032206

So is this done yet? Any legal trouble yet?

>> No.23032219

>>23032206
It got finished around Christmas, to the credits, at least. Postgame is still in development.
In January, Capcom DMCA'd the github page. Devanon moved to gitlab, removed infringing content, and restored the github as a test. Capcom DMCA'd the github again and tried to do the same to gitlab, but gitlab isn't having any of their shit, so that's the project's new home.

>> No.23032293

>>23032219
>DMCAs
Wow what a shock, never saw it coming.

>removed infringing content
What does that entail? The Zero chips and some special effects? If I remember right from the threads after the first DMCA, Capcom's got the rights to more vague stuff than just some graphics.

>but gitlab isn't having any of their shit, so that's the project's new home.
For now.

>> No.23032303

>>23032293
The first time it was just removing the silhouettes of the BN final bosses that were used for PAs, as well as the chip art for the Zero and Aura chips.
The second time removed damn near anything that could be considered even close to BN. Examples include the flames shot from Witch style's charge shot, the charging effect graphics, and even the battleground panels themselves. Everything was changed to look much simpler and not resemble any actual graphic tiles from Battle Network, even though none of those graphics aside from the silhouettes were ripped in the first place.

>> No.23032340

>>23032303
That's a ridiculous waste of effort. Capcom isn't DMCAing this game because it's got some graphics and effects from the official games, they're DMCAing it because it's a Battle Network game.
Got a link for the version before all those removed/tweaked graphics?

>> No.23032377

>>23032340
>Capcom isn't DMCAing this game because it's got some graphics and effects from the official games, they're DMCAing it because it's a Battle Network game.
No it's a touhou game with a gameplay similar to Battle Network.

>> No.23032406

>>23032377
No, it's a Battle Network game with characters and elements from Touhou.

>> No.23032556

>>23032102
Would that give us Reimu.EXE?

>> No.23032750

>>23032340
No, according to Capcom themselves it was because it infringed on both Megaman Battle Network and Megaman Zero. Hell, they apparently even sent the gitlab guy a excel spreadsheet of all things containing screenshots of all the "infringing copyright" as proof.

Also, I fucking love how their logic is "Since Github and the original developer removed it as we asked, that is objective proof it infringes on our copyright and you have to do as we ask"

>> No.23032762
File: 11 KB, 675x144, EOh_w5aX0AEXEet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23032750
https://twitter.com/drybones_5/status/1217970532198514688

>> No.23032813

>>23032750
Bullshit on their part. If that was the real reason they'd have backed off after all the infringing content was removed. They've got lawyers and money and everyone knows it, though, so they can use whatever reasoning and logic they want.

>> No.23032825

>>23032406
> it's a Battle Network game
No it's not.

>> No.23033106
File: 20 KB, 480x323, poortankman.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just started playing and already loving it. Hope I can get more free time to play it

>> No.23034409

>>23032340
>ITT: opinion pieces pulled out of asses

>> No.23034776

>>23032377
Download link
https://mega.nz/#F!opomlYaT!fgYm4n7RMSNnBxrGQLbv7A

Latest version as of right now. If the dev were to release a new version on git with the copyrighted graphics still scrubbed, you'd just have to replace the newer version's ShaSPattern.tcd and ShaSResource.tcd with what's in the "patch" folder.

>Google drive with all game info, guide, etc.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vecpjlMnu202iWxbELK54L-RqLWR2DkyrdvF30kC4Js

>> No.23034800
File: 63 KB, 650x1016, kino.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I know this seems like a dumb question but does everyone else play the BN games "correctly" or is it an acquired playstyle? What I'm talking about is actively seeking out new viruses in new areas and especially in hidden overworld comps. This might seem normal to BN veterans now but to people coming from other RPGs they're used to the idea of regular fodder enemies being something to detest.

When I was a kid and played BN and found something to jack in to, I was excited for the mystery data they have. Now I get excited for the random encounters it'll have because it's usually something unique and lets you get a chip out of order. Whenever I find something new I try to S-rank it until I get 3-4 copies of its chip in different codes so I can see how it'll fit in my current folder, and if it doesn't fit right now I'll have more chips across different codes to be able to pivot to in case I change my folder.
To me this isn't grinding because a regular encounter with an enemy when S-ranked takes literally less than 5 seconds. I think a lot of normal people, video game journalists etc go through the game with just the chips the game gives you, occasionally getting a drop from a fight but largely avoiding regular battles and never really experimenting with folder-building. I'm no Dwarf Fortress autist, but even I think BN's mechanics are easy to understand and fun to experiment with. It's a really fun game to minmax especially since every boss has stronger versions which aren't just inflated HP and damage, but new attack patterns as well, and again beating them gives you even better chips to S-rank enemies with.
I feel like if you don't start going for high ranks out the gate your folder hardly amounts to anything, like you have some alphabet soup shit where you're picking only one attack per turn instead of getting sick combos, and then you get shit ranks and don't build your folder further. It would be like playing Pokemon with nothing but a team of guys who know Tackle.

>> No.23035016

>>23032762
Have we been able to peek at that document yet?

>> No.23035795

>>23035016
I don't think so, that's why devanon did that whole blanket removal of EVERYTHING even close to looking like a Megaman asset, to see if that would get Capcom off his ass.

Guess it doesn't make a lick of difference though if Capcom's logic is just, "We got one guy to remove it, therefore we're right and everyone else has to remove it too"

>> No.23035872
File: 68 KB, 362x1450, folder.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23034409
Considering the graphics were removed and they're still DMCAing it, no, I think that's pretty accurate.

>>23034800
I think everyone playing this game, at least, is doing so the "correct" way, because everyone here is a veteran. Probably.
It seems balanced for that too. Enemies and bosses are a lot tougher here than in the original games; I'd hate fighting something like Yorihime with alphabet soup.

Post your folders, I guess? This is what I was running around with last time I played, back when Mokou's navi was the last boss.

>> No.23035881

>>23034800
When I was a kid, my folder just consisted of a mish-mash of chips with the highest attack numbers. The chips all had different codes and synergy was non-existent. I feel like the games should have some tutorial/advice section when it comes to deck building and combos as it seems unintuitive for newcomers just aiming to finish the story. Too often I see people playing the game still using the basic cannon or spamming their buster, thinking it's like the classic Megaman games.

>> No.23035959

>>23035881
I don't think the main story in the originals is ever balanced around a fluid, well-built folder. Ol' BN5 stood absolutely no chance against some S-code monstrosity, I distinctively remember that.
There's an argument to be made for that being a good thing. Focusing on 1-3 codes is better, but does mean that a lot of the chips you get you probably won't care about. Alphabet soup guy will be trying everything he gets and getting excited at every chip, >>23035872 doesn't give a fuck unless it's L or M coded and probably looks up where to get specific codes anyway.

>> No.23036030

>>23035872
>Considering the graphics were removed and they're still DMCAing it, no, I think that's pretty accurate.
considering you are a fucking idiot, no, that's pretty inaccurate.

>> No.23036043

>>23036030
Alright, then why are they DMCAing it?

>> No.23036086

>>23036043
We don't know. We don't have access to the excel spreadsheet.

>> No.23036092

>>23036086
Of course we don't know. Why do you THINK they're DMCAing it?

>> No.23036724

>>23025255
>anons not only reverse engineered the game but made their own script and level editor and actually ended up finishing it
Based programming wizards

>> No.23037135

>>23025255
new here, if anons revived the game, did they make up their own plot and ending for the game where the original creator left off? or was there some leftover blueprints of what the final boss, ending, etc. was going to be?

>> No.23037211

>>23037135
The latter.

>> No.23037264

How do i insert myself as a NPC in the game?

>> No.23037764

>>23037135
postgame will be original, though.

>> No.23037795

>>23037264
Mod the game.

>> No.23039421

>>23037135
Latter. The story up to the final boss was finished, nothing for the post-game.

Though all the bosses, including post-game were completed by the original creator. So in the end it's less making shit up completely from scratch and more connecting the dots

>> No.23042669 [DELETED] 

bump

>> No.23042674 [DELETED] 

>>23025255
creepy

>> No.23042691

It's me again, the idiot trying to port the game to vita.
Anonymous functions do not exist in old c# but the enemy spawning is a dictionary of anonymous functions, so I'm not sure where to go from there. I could make them non anonymous, probably. It would make the code awfully verbose and hard to maintain.

Also I looked into porting it to Linux and OS X and apparently the game requires .NET Standard which exists in .NET Core only and not Mono? Does anyone know more about this?

>> No.23042763

>>23042691
You've committed to that absurd project? And you are going to need to be more descriptive with the linux question.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/net-standard
And what version of c# is the vita using with whatever compiler you use?

>> No.23042867

>>23042691
You could probably use a regex to turn it into a switch-case statement on the index, then wrap that in a function with the same signature.
Downside of having to scrub the public repo history is that nobody can see the original code, which created a new dictionary of every chip/enemy/effect on each call, then plopped a [index] at the end.

>> No.23042923

>>23042763
Vita PSM is C# 2010 (C# 4.0), I think.

I'm not sure what I did but now Linux compiling is giving me an error that there's no PresentationCore/PresentationFramework assembly, along with no System.Windows.Media

PresentationCore is WPF related so I'll just work around it, I don't care to port anything except the main game anyways.

>> No.23043485

Jesus christ, how do i even start getting used to that code.

I set up the workspace with VS2017, was thinking of fiddling with some stuff.
Gut entire story, instead it generates random maps (rather than loading from mapfile), have it like an endless dungeon.

Couldn't really figure it out at first glance and the entire thing just looks so fat, i'm kinda put off by that.
I have a creeping suspicion i chose wrong profession...i'm kinda sad right now.

>> No.23044270

>>23043485
>Couldn't really figure it out at first glance
Here's your first problem.
The code was never intended to be used by anyone other than Koki, went through decompilation by free software, has japanese, english, engrish, and autogenerated naming, and has been fiddled with since at least the 2014 public demo, which doesn't include the time it took to set up all the battle and movement systems in that demo.
It took at least a month to figure out what the game did with objects, hitboxes, etc. through trial and error, and it's still only at "good enough" for the map editor.

>Gut entire story, instead it generates random maps (rather than loading from mapfile)
Here's your second problem, the map was possibly the worst place to start.
The map handles everything: the camera system, the event queue, rendering, bgm, player movement, battles/encounters, etc. and you've seen that it can't really be separated out.
On top of that, it's not even nice enough to be a 10k line monolith, instead every object has a "parent" reference and can set whatever it wants from anywhere.
Your idea in particular would also cause a lot of problems, the map runs on a lot of assumptions like having a fixed-size grid of tiles and of course it's too much to expect it to handle anything robustly.
Your best bet would probably be to do some "lost woods" style randomizing portals if you decide to stick with this "engine," otherwise all I can suggest is making your own engine and rewriting the parts of the code you want in your own style.

Maybe some time in the far future it'll be cleaned up and made into a proper platform for making BN-like games, but for now all it does is do a serviceable job running Shanghai.

>> No.23044301

>>23043485
Don't try to figure out the entire thing at once, focus on a part that is largely self contained until you feel that you understand how to manipulate it well enough.
>generates random maps
The maps are a very messy set of text files, you would need to do a shitload of work to get random dungeons functioning at all, and you would have a huge number of limitations.

>> No.23044979

my game is stuck in turbo mode
how do I stop it

>> No.23044993

>>23044979
IIRC that's something to do with a controller. Try rebinding it or simply unplugging it.

>> No.23044997

>>23044993
thank

>> No.23045480

>>23044997
There's another way to do it, i believe. Go into the game's folder, open the options.xml file with whatever program you can (i use notepad++). The turbo button key under <ControllerMapping> may be negative. if it is, just remove the minus sign.

>> No.23045986
File: 212 KB, 300x299, i_fucking_hate_rewriting_shit_i_dont_understand.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23044270
>rewriting
pic related

>Randomizing Map Layouts is troublesome.
Would pre-making map layouts (a whole lot of them) work?

I want to control ammount of encounters per map, so no random encounters, instead handle it via mystic data? Or "Event NPCs"?
Last thing is "map bosses", need somehow to link them to the "next map" teleport, so that the teleport is disabled until "map boss" is defeated.

Basically, fixed map layouts with "dummy" mystic data and "dummy" NPCs, the content in the dummies would be randomized on the go.
Think that would work?

>> No.23048486

>>23045986
Thought you meant some sort of infinite/open world map, which would need major overhauls to get working.
This seems workable even just using the map editor, objects have pages/states that are conditional on flags/variables, you can easily set a flag in the same event that triggers the boss, and have a portal conditional on that flag.
GMDs might not work for you, they're pretty hardcoded and are just markers for a predefined set of events.
You could also look at the "special encounters" flag in the header, used for SP viruses and V3 fights, and use it the opposite way so when you enter an area you have the flag set (enabling all encounters) but after some event it gets unset.

>> No.23048658 [DELETED] 

creepy

>> No.23048888

>>23048486
>infinite/open world map
oh yeah, no that's not what i meant.
what i meant was instead of reading fixed data layout, i generate it based on some logic.

What i want is pre-built map layouts with dummy placeholder data, the data gets filled on the fly based on some other info, like some "dungeon depth" variable.
For example, take the layout of Undernet 1. I'd tell the game this Layout has 3 "Mystery Data" dummies and 4 "Virus Data" dummies.
If dungeon depth is at for example 2, Virus Data gets replaced with Kedama/RayCannon/PoisonLily and Mystery Data gets replaced with like 100Z and some HP+50 Add-Ons, while at dungeon depth 8 those would be KedamaEX/TinyOniEX/Raijun3 and respectively higher Zenny Rewards and stronger Add-Ons in Mystery Data.
Thoughts besides that are having the dungeons be a chain of 3 maps, perhaps lock the map teleports behind some requirement (like clear 3/4 Virus Datas).
Boss HP is some fixed value that gets increased based on dungeon depth. Maybe i can affect the boss-action speed somehow? So bosses are slower at lower "dungeon depth"?
Last thought was giving player some choice over next dungeon, like maybe dungeon element, or dungeon with more Zenny, or with more viruses.

Originally i thought of randomly generating a map layout, but i think it would never turn out as fun as a hand-crafted layout.
Hand-crafted would also probably allow for gimmicks like the water rising/descending in murasa's dungeon...

>> No.23049178

>>23048888
Mayhaps make maps a series of connectable blocks like a mystery dungeon/roguelike?

>> No.23050224

>>23049178
blocks need to be interchangeable though

>> No.23052679

>>23048888
You should be able to do a lot with the setValue event, which can set a variable to a random value, then use that variable to control object states.
Those states could be "give item" or "enter battle" depending on the value of the variable, but you'd have to populate the entire list of what variable is what state yourself.
Theoretically you could do pretty much anything with the if, goto, and label events, but if you're going into the source anyways you can weigh the benefits of digging through the spaghetti against writing pseudo-assembly in the script.
You'll probably have to go into the source anyways for anything inside battle through, enemies are entirely code-defined and as it is, it's not possible to have anything like passing in a variable in the map scripts.
Those are mostly self-contained though, so it won't be too bad.

>> No.23052720

What does Wing Style even fly over?
I can't fly over holes from cracked panels after they break, or at least not with the HvyFoot minus addon active. Does it work against normal cracked holes or is it only meant to avoid other panel effects?

>> No.23052728

>>23052720
Wing Style flies over every single panel type, it's likely that the addon's interfering with it. The status minus addons don't seem like they can be nullified at all, at least not from what I've tried.

>> No.23052907

>>23052728
That seems like the logical conclusion, yeah.
Kind of a pity, but I guess it's to avoid cheesing the system. It's nice to switch to against sand panels at least, so guess it wasn't a total waste getting it.

>> No.23052912

>>23052907
Wing Style's fantastic for when you're in tight spots, it's a godsend for bosses like PyroMan or Kikuri (with her eye laser attack) that throw up a bunch of cracked panels.

>> No.23054292

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjPIH4iIkc&list=PLQxJlkBAWGMtQKUzV-SPYMNQAlMgi4M4T&index=14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXyciGIECFc&list=PLQxJlkBAWGMtQKUzV-SPYMNQAlMgi4M4T&index=40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_FbjoDV5N4&list=PLQxJlkBAWGMtQKUzV-SPYMNQAlMgi4M4T&index=41
When...

>> No.23054711

>>23052912
I would say Wing is a detriment when facing Kikuri because if you don't purposefully destroy a cracked panel from the eye laser attack, you're going to be hit by the subsequent wall of flames, which seem to only be blocked by holes in the field.

>>23052728
Wing is still affected by poison panels, unless it's Poison Wing.

>> No.23054796

>flying
>but still be affected by poison on the ground
Hatate you dummy.

>> No.23055780

>>23054711
Wing's effected by poison? Weird, though I've never really tested it since I have Poison Doc style.
Also, when fighting Kikuri I just break a panel then go into Wing next turn so I don't have to deal with having panels gone.

>> No.23056945
File: 293 KB, 1400x2000, 66412196_2085936584862608_8549718270586912768_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thinking of which, could these actually be the best elemental combinations for each style?
>AquaWitch can make the best of BbleBlst and ColdAir
>PoisonWing is immune to poison
Don't know about the others, though, so they might just be matching the colors of their motifs.

>> No.23056975

What is equivalent to the HubStyle or BugStyle in Shanghai.

>> No.23056978

>>23056945
100% just matching colors with the original character, but I don't really think fighter has a best element, but gaia probably has one or two that's better than the others.

>> No.23057031

>>23056945
Ninja would probably be better suited for Earth rather than Elec, since sand panels wouldn't be able to slow you down. All the other elemental panel types wouldn't really interfere too much with movement.

>> No.23057302
File: 1.82 MB, 1992x1439, Elis.full.2289506.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23056975
Beyond Style

>> No.23057684

Is there a way to influence what element a style is going to be without an AddOn, or is it just random?

>> No.23057735

>>23057684
Completely random without Peace AddOns. You can influence the type of Style, but not the Element.

>> No.23058524
File: 56 KB, 128x252, Th06Sakuya.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got it to compile on Linux after stubbing out the font rendering. The game needs System.Windows.Media to render fonts which isn't implemented in Mono. There's Cairo for Mono which seemingly does the same thing but the syntax is different.
Then I had to stub out the controller handling because it causes the game to crash immediately.
Now it's looking in the wrong place for language files, but at least I'm making some progress.

>> No.23058788

>>23058524
You're doing good work, anon. I'd have brute force shuffled things around until it "ran" in wine and called it a day.
I might even have dropped the whole thing if it dragged me back into the font rendering section, I've blanked as much of it as I can from my mind but I remember it being annoyingly system-dependent/blackboxed.
Hopefully I made things a bit easier by trying to separate out library implementations from the meat of the code, but best of luck and apologies in advance.

>> No.23060469 [DELETED] 

creepy

>> No.23062584
File: 18 KB, 244x194, Screenshot_2020-02-25_15-36-38.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Had to stub out the audio playback since it uses kernel32, but the loading window appears and the game works now.

Of course, there's no text. So it's not very playable right now.

>> No.23062966

Audio playback in C# in Linux seems like something nobody actually does.
PortAudioSharp hasn't been updated in years.
IrrKlang works on Linux but it is ALSA only, so pasuspender is needed. It also immediately crashes so it's probably not usable.

The hackiest and quickest way to get it working would be to spawn a thread for paplay

The most correct looking way is to interface with SDLMixer somehow, I don't know enough C# for that though.

>> No.23063383

>>23062584
Can you get to battles?

>> No.23063594

>>23063383
It crashes when I start a new game or continue. Something related to the MapCharacterBase constructor. But I don't see anything out of place there.

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
at NSMap.Character.MapCharacterBase:.ctor <0x001ef>
at NSMap.Character.Player:.ctor <0x00147>
at NSMap.SceneMap:LoadGame <0x001c7>
at NSGame.ShanghaiEXE:LoadGame <0x0006f>
at NSGame.ShanghaiEXE:LoadGame <0x00073>
at NSTitle.SceneTitle:Updata <0x005cb>
at NSGame.ShanghaiEXE:MainLoop <0x008ad>
at NSGame.ShanghaiEXE:MainLoop <0x00073>
at NSGame.Program:Main <0x00277>
at System.Object:runtime_invoke_void <0x00086>

>> No.23064537
File: 87 KB, 1213x652, 1532590905743.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23057302
>Shanghai is Elis!
>Kikuri should become Hourai!
I have a weird feeling about this...

>> No.23067934 [DELETED] 

bump

>> No.23070664

>>23062966
things aint looking good then

>> No.23070885

>>23064537
Tell me about Mima.EXE. Why does she look so much like Shanghai?

>> No.23071177

>>23070885
That's Tojiko.EXE anon

>> No.23072741

>>23062966
>>23063594
Wish I could help you with either of these, but MapCharacterBase has nothing going on so I have no idea what the problem is, and I haven't started poking at the audio engine yet since for the most part it's working fine.
I'll get to it eventually to remake the music player and add sound effect playback into the editor, but it won't be any time soon enough to help you.
OpenTK is the library I used for the OpenGL implementation and it has OpenAL as well but that's all I know about it, the majority of reworking the engine will be me learning how audio works.
I'll probably start on that once I get sick of deciding whether an effect should last 16 or 18 frames.

>> No.23073520

Is there any fast way to return to the title screen without close the game or getting a gameover?

>> No.23074431

>>23073520
Esc

>> No.23074738

>>23073520
A+B+Start+Select or L+R+Start+Select if you're using a controller.

>> No.23075272

Isn’t there any upside to using the Dark Mind AddOn or is it just cool?

>> No.23075315

>>23075272
It's a minus addon, so it'll give you more room for other addons if you use it. It's generally not worth not being able to go full synchro though, I'd just stick with something simple like JunkBuster for your minus addon unless you're deliberately doing it as a challenge.

>> No.23075356

>>23075315
To add on, it might let you switch styles if you get hit a lot, as it would ignore the anxiety effect. Probably not worth it still.

>> No.23075365

>>23075356
Yeah, if you want to avoid anxiety, it's best to just equip AngerMind instead...or just not get hit, of course.

>> No.23080959

bump

>> No.23082290

How about a Kikuri darkchip/PA?

>> No.23084139

>>23082290
no desu

>> No.23084172

>>23082290
Pretty sure there's already a Kikuri dark chip, it's just not obtainable right now.

>> No.23085540

Thinking of replaying this now that the full version is finally out. What Styles should I get?

>> No.23085753

>>23085540
AquaWitch or bust.

>> No.23085786

>>23085540
AquaWitch if you want easy mode.
HeatFighter is for real men.

>> No.23088082
File: 2.67 MB, 720x480, fightstyle.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23085786
this baka desu

>> No.23088229

>>23088082
I only ever see people using Blitz Buster with Fighter Style.

>> No.23090866 [DELETED] 

bump

>> No.23093339

>>23088229
well, there's no reason not to

>> No.23093469

>>23088082
Seriously this one looks like Junko style

>> No.23095125

Is there any downsides to using Dark Chips?
Or are they only safe to use in PA's?
What about illegal chips, the ones that have a gray color that you get from the Crimson Noise addon? Any downsides to using those?

Also is there an updated excel sheet anywhere?
The one people link around is great but it seems it hasn't been updated in a while. Like the location of some HP memories past a certain point of the game.

Also what are your guys favorite styles?
I currently have/like:
AquaDoc
HeatWing
AquaWitch

>> No.23095566

>>23093469
Chinawomen all look the same.

>> No.23096483

>>23095125
Darkchips have no downside other than resetting your emotion window
Illegals have no downsides other than their limit of 1 per chip.
If you have the standardchip- dark addon equipped you can't use them at all.
ElecNinja since most viruses on level 9 that are effective against it aren't common enough and are easily dodged especially with the double movement speed of NinjaStyle.
EarthFighter and AquaWitch for damage
PoisonWing for utility

DocStyle isn't as useful once your folder flow becomes "perfect".
Having an extra chips on the custom screen and the ability to take more chips loses value because SP5 bosses either die in 3 seconds or you need to stunlock them which is usually more than enough time for your custom gauge to fill up.

>> No.23097310 [DELETED] 

.exe are evil

>> No.23097327

>>23097310
How do you getting new IPs everyday?

>> No.23097358

I wonder if there's any plans for new backgrounds for Shanghai's Room to be added. It's a minor thing, but it'd be nice to use something like Tenshi's HP background or the Murasa dungeon background, and I don't think anyone's mentioned it before.

>> No.23097362

>>23097358
ask devanon next time he comes out of his capcom DMCA shelter

>> No.23098208

>>23096483
Thanks a bunch for the answers.
What's so nice about EarthFighter specifically?

>> No.23099383

There is no virus in Flat Screen TV Comp?

>> No.23100860

>>23099383
Nope, the program there is very dilligent and keeps the comp virus-free. it's kinda plot relevant too, if i remember correctly

>> No.23101204

>>23098208
Better mobility on sand.
When you apply the heavy debuff to anything on sand they get stuck making it easier to stand still and shoot them to death with blitzbuster.
SandStage S is the most broken support chip for fighter style.

>> No.23101284

>>23085540
I'll swear by Poison Element and Poison Wing.
Is the full version out? Isn't the post-game not done?

>> No.23101307

>>23101284
Playable to the credits, basic framework for post-game is in place (read: pretty much nothing)

>> No.23101326

is it possible to edit the extra folder? cuz I can't do it for some reason

>> No.23101334

>>23101326
No, they're folders given to you by NPCs. You can replace it with a different one from a different NPC.

You can't edit the extra folder in MMBN either.

>> No.23101339

>>23101326
The third folder is locked in place.

>> No.23101857

does booster power affect charged attack damage?

>> No.23101860

>>23101857
*buster

>> No.23101983

>>23101857
Buster Power literally adds a point of Buster for the duration of the fight.
If you went into the fight with Buster 5 and used a Buster Power chip, your Buster is now 6 for the rest of the fight. Anything affected by Buster Power will be stronger. Including charged attacks. Regardless of Style, regardless of Buster Mods such as CShotgun.

>> No.23101988

>>23101983
also does buster charge affect damage or how long it takes to charge?

>> No.23102013

>>23101988
Charge affects how long it takes to charge, or when using the Blitz Buster addon how quickly your shots move. The damage of a full charge is a set multiplication of your buster power, and the calculation changes depending on style, but I don't have the numbers readily available.

>> No.23102017

>>23102013
thanks

>> No.23102049

Why is Raisin such a cunt and Tenshi a good girl in this game?
Those two should swap their role, seriously.

>> No.23103856

>>23101204
Sounds pretty handy. Maybe I'll give it a try at some point.

>> No.23103893

what determines the element type of a style?

>> No.23104000

>>23103893
completely random unless you have one of a select few addons installed.

>> No.23104197

Is there any hotkey to take a screenshots?

>> No.23108092

>>23093339
delicious custom+1 addons though
I'll admit I have trouble straying from Doc style

>> No.23108228

>>23102049
Might as well make Marisa the protagonist and Alice the rival, too.

>> No.23113803 [DELETED] 

is it spooky?

>> No.23113901

how the hell are you supposed to beat libasp

>> No.23114550

>>23108092
doc is only useful for having it as the initial style, so you get +1 chip on the first turn, and then you switch to your main style.

>> No.23114789

I'm not really sure if I understand the guard property of hakkero. does it block damage only at the startup or once the laser is firing?

>> No.23114818

>>23114789
If you stay in the same row with that virus, it will open the shell.

>> No.23114825

>>23114818
I don't mean the virus but the chip, since it says that it has a guard property though I'm not sure at which part of the animation it kicks in

>> No.23115246
File: 49 KB, 738x523, perfect.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23114825
Oh. It's when it's firing and you've got the hakkero in front of you. The guard frames are very short, IIRC. Not incredibly useful, but I love Master Spark like the fine woman who invented it, so...

>> No.23115254

>>23115246
I think you missed.

>> No.23122013

>>23115246
PoisonGaia?

>> No.23122028

>>23122013
Yeah, that and poison wing. Worked alright, a free +50 on Medicine was nice. Awful charge shot though.

>> No.23122031

is it possible to come back to Engelles?

>> No.23122109

>>23122031
A little bit later you'll be able to

>> No.23126075

where to get more area grab *?

>> No.23126195

>>23126075
pretty sure the only option is to do chip exchange and hope you're lucky enough

>> No.23126250

>>23126195
Is save 'n' load method usable?

>> No.23126252

>>23126250
you could cheese with backup saves, since the game autosaves before drawing chips

>> No.23126728

how come the googledocs don't mention anything about darkchip+ addon, found in undernet10?

>> No.23127589

any tips on the rehab sidequest? the tinyoni battle seems like a case of pure rng on whether you'll nail it or get stunlocked to death

>> No.23127688

>>23127589
Aurasword and tomahawk chips wreck that subquest.

>> No.23128269

>>23126075
>>23126195
They're also dropped by some of the PunkNavis in the earlier Undernet areas. I don't remember which specific encounter, but that's how I grinded them.

>> No.23128274

>>23127688
god bless you anon. I really underestimated just how stupidly overpowered aurasword and shotgun3 is.
still took me a couple of tries because I only have wing poison so dragon would twoshot my ass
now all that's left is grinding 3 more ghostbody* and I'll have my perfect deck for now

>> No.23130252

What are the inputs for the DruidMan chips?

>> No.23132976 [DELETED] 

>>23025255
niether

>> No.23134116

>>23126250
You can buy cheap recover chips in the shop and dump them in the trader. Money becomes a non issue with the later virus missions.

>> No.23134191

where's the nekodolphin comp?

>> No.23134524

>>23134191
Tenshi's apartment

>> No.23135577

When I try and start up either the 4_4F version, or the 4_5 version. It starts initially, then closes once opening the actual game screen.

Would anyone happen to know what I'mm missing?

>> No.23137229 [DELETED] 

>>23025255

>> No.23139075

>>23126075
It drops from the non-midget girl navis in Undernet 2. On a side note, is there anywhere to get Damagun P? Also, where's the best place to farm ErrorFrags? The guide suggests an encounter that doesn't exist.

>> No.23139082

Just beat it for the first time since playing the demo up to Pyroman some time back. Really well done game. I’m glad it got completed, it’s a fun time. Music was really charming, ROM comps especially got me hyped. Need to stop using Doc and an S folder but the PAs were just too solid.

>> No.23140752

>>23139075
>where's the best place to farm ErrorFrags

Undernet 3, the fight with 3 raijins. Just spam aurasword3 and you end up getting 1-3 error frags per fight

>> No.23144818 [DELETED] 

>>23140752

>> No.23145457

>>23140752
Fighting beetleman is also a good way to get error frags.
He has superarmor so it's really easy.

>> No.23145576

What is the difference between the Heat/Aqua/Poison/etc Doc Style, beside the element of your body & charge shot?

>> No.23145579

>>23145576
The charge shot inflicts different statuses based on your element, and that's the only other difference.

>> No.23145815

>>23145576
The debuffs applied by docstyle have special effects.
Heat applies meltwax which halves the targets damage and doubles the damage they take from aqua
Aqua applies slippery and doubles the damage they take from elec
Leaf applies blind which doubles the damage they take from heat.
Elec applies a weak stun
Earth applies heavy
Poison applies poison.
The charge isn't all too useful unless you're trying to get some really high damage one shot.
For example.
Applying slippery on medicine, turning the field to ice, and hitting her with a Railgun X would do 4000 damage. 250 x 2(weakness) x2(slippery) x2(ice panel) x2(full synchro).
Damage multiplying in this game isn't like BN where damage multipliers go from x2 to x3 when stacking weaknesses like hitting a grass virus on a grass panel.

>> No.23145840

>>23145579
>>23145815
Who would even use Doc for charge shot anyway.

>> No.23145846

I don't know if the devanon still reads these threads, but I found a bug. It seems as though there's two different versions of the Utsuho V2/V3 chips, one that doesn't register in the library, and one that does. However, both still have the blue text indicating illegal data.

>> No.23146040

>>23145840
Some statuses are damage doublers, can be useful.

>> No.23151844

>>23145846
Already fixed in the source code, will be in the next release.

Progress is slow but steady, finished most of the back-end stuff like above, duplicate addon refunding, and rewriting the Library screen/PA code.
Fleshing out of dead/empty areas is also at a good point, but will mostly appear in the endgame since that's the final state. Might shuffle some things around so the areas aren't completely dead mid-game though.
Finally starting on actual implementation of the postgame area from my completed but rough outline, scraping by with mediocre spriting skills/google but if any actual artist remakes those sprites I'd swap them out in heartbeat.
Only real questions left are what to put behind the postgame doors and how to open the doors, but I put a bunch of debug dumps in the map editor so I can pick something out or rip off the actual games.

>> No.23152936

>>23151844
>Only real questions left are what to put behind the postgame doors and how to open the doors, but I put a bunch of debug dumps in the map editor so I can pick something out or rip off the actual games.
Have you placed the remaining unreachable chips, addons, and hp memories?
As for doors, BN standard would be 100 standard, all standard, all navi, all giga, defeat all SP navi's.

>> No.23153040

>>23151844
Could you make cheat code to change Shanghai's styles. I always get Doc or Ninja. And being forced to use buster to get fighter style is quite annoying.

>> No.23154701

Just finished the game myself too. What fun that was, made me want to replay the older battle network games too.

Is the postgame in the game at all currently?
Or is it there but untranslated? What is missing exactly?

>>23153040
It's quite easy to get whatever style you want, just check the style guide in the excel sheet and at the bottom you can see the point system. By using one chip at the start of every match it's really easy to change styles.
For example for Gaia style, just set Barrier as your regular chip and use it every battle. Same thing with Buster Up chip for fighter style, AreaGrab for Wing style and so on. Really easy to get the styles like that. Then just save often and once you get the style, reload and change to whatever elemental addon you want the style to be in. Easy peasy.

>> No.23154842

>>23154701
>Really easy to get the styles like that
It's not hard, but it's annoying.

>> No.23154859

>>23154701
>Is the postgame in the game at all currently?
nope. only thing to do is the demo room stuff
so far there is no postgame at all, although there are two maps titled heaven, styled after Hakugyokurou in PCB and yuyu+youmu navis but this may just be an unfinished sidequest

>>23151844
is it just my imagination or is youmu bugged/unfinished? because I noticed that most of the time she just stands around doing nothing. also seems weird for her to mostly have close range attacks but no area grab or wind

>> No.23157055

>>23154859
>is it just my imagination or is youmu bugged/unfinished? because I noticed that most of the time she just stands around doing nothing. also seems weird for her to mostly have close range attacks but no area grab or wind
Ah, memories.
https://youtu.be/Zp-PuuY0AUY

>> No.23160054

>>23152936
I've got the lists, but there's actually not too many rewards that fall between the "technically-inaccessible" stuff like alternate codes of recov or areagrab and stuff that seems like they'd have their own subquests like Unshuffle or Grimoire (unimplemented, but I have ideas).
It's mostly having to balance what rewards would be appropriate for what barriers, when I haven't actually gotten around to writing out an actual list of what those barriers are besides my rough outline where I literally have "rip off BN" a couple places.

>>23153040
I'll look into making a very basic save editor, pretty much just decoding the save file into plaintext and maybe some labels for lines/sections.
I'll probably be revisiting styles when I get to Grimoire in a later version, maybe I'll add some kind of QoL indicator for the weighting/progress of the next style.

>>23154859
I have actually not 100%ed the game since the Pyroman demo, so I've only done quick combat tests on the postgame bosses with either a debug cheat folder or my original, which was built around the fire-element HakuTakuX combo that got removed.
I'll take a look at them, even Kikuri had a couple of attack patterns teased on twitter that didn't make it into at least this version of the game.

>> No.23163205

>>23160054
I mean, if you need more reward ideas, you could continue the apparent intent to include nerfed PAs as actual chips.

>> No.23165475
File: 134 KB, 2560x1395, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23160054
I'd personally put Grimoire behind the 'almost last'/'last' door personally and make Kikuri's Dark Chip the last accessible thing in the game, similar as to how Alpha's Chip in BN3 takes forever to get.
Unfortunately you can't do BN3 or 5's method of giving you access to increasingly powerful chips as you go through the post game via stronger enemies to drop chips and access to new BMD/PMDs because basically everything is already available like you said.

I made an attempt to edit the save file once, (did a super janky thing where I exchanged a lot of locations of code in the save and load code) and I feel the need to warn you that there is some weirdness going on with language in it (assuming you haven't looked at that already).
>>23163205
That would be cool but somewhat difficult to balance.

>> No.23168723

>>23163205
ideas

>> No.23168726

megaman

>> No.23169273

>>23163205
Kind of like starforce 3 where the galaxy advances that weren't mega/giga class were also illegal data like GiantAxe

>> No.23171397 [DELETED] 

>>23032102
copyright

>> No.23172282

>>23168726
Rebecca.
Also >>23057302.

>> No.23173013

>kid in postgame says that there's a quiz NPC in the cyberworld
Is this implemented yet?

>> No.23176037

>>23168723
Quiz Queen except instead of a normal quiz you have to find her in random areas in the net or world.
Complete her questions and you get a Custom+2 (blue) that takes up 7 hertz and 2 cores

>> No.23176101

>>23176037
Special request that appears after you complete every other request.
Need to find npcs all over the world map.
Each NPC will start a small gauntlet like the Omega/SP bosses from BN3 where you fight 3 rounds of the highest form of viruses related to a boss and then their strongest form.
For example
2 GelPack EX5 and 1 GelPack SP > 2 Junk EX5 and 1 Junk SP > GelPack SP and Junk SP> Marisa SP5
Reward for completing is a unique piece of furniture.

>> No.23177377

>>23176101
>Reward for completing is a unique piece of furniture.

Please, no.

>> No.23178786

I'd like to see a level modifier exclusively for bosses. The V3+ chips I get really mellows out the elevated difficulty.

>> No.23182928

rockman go

>> No.23185428

>>23177377
How about a new type of buster that's the opposite of blitzbuster.
Instead of shooting fast it shoots half as fast as a 1 speed buster, but in exchange it does damage equal to 2x a charge shot.
Buster rapid and charge won't have an effect on your shooting speed but if you have a maxed buster the shots pierce enemies and break shields.

>> No.23185547

>>23185428
I feel like you're just over-complicating a simple "AutoCharge" addon.

>> No.23185554

>>23185547
Not a charge. Just a really slow buster that kills anything it hits.

>> No.23185560

>>23185554
Think of it like the chargecannon chips except not as shit.

>> No.23185581

>>23185554
>>23185560
Oh, I see. The idea of having something opposite of blitzbuster is neat, but I think your idea in particular needs a bit of work. Blitz found a way to incorporate Charge into it. Any new Buster addons should do the same with all three attributes, and not just at max level.

>> No.23185773

>>23185581
Would these ideas work?

power just increases damage (perhaps a multiplier instead of just damage, so base is 1 charge shot, +1 is 2 charge shots, +2 is 3 etc. )
speed increases what it can hit (+1 breaks objects, +2 breaks guards, +3 pierces invis)
charge increases range (+1 is target +1 behind, +2 adds above and below, +3 is a spreader)

obviously change the examples because buster stats go higher than that.

>> No.23185866

Where do you get metallic aura chip?
Is it CrimNoise only?

>> No.23185928 [DELETED] 

>>23185773
>+3 pierces invis
That seems too strong.
A single buster shot that does 20x your current buster power is already strong enough. With fighter each buster shot would do 400 damage.
>Buster Rapid
+0 for nothing, +1 for breaking objects, +2 for breaking guards, +3 for for knockback, +4 for 1 tile knockback like an airshot
>Buster Charge
+0 for nothing, +1 for 1 panel pierce, +2 for shotgun shape pierce(3 panels behind the target hit), +4 for cross shaped pierce (target, columb behind target, panel behind columb) +5 pierces in shape of dragonflame chip(target and 2 columbs behind target).
>>23185866
You can get one from one of the gauntlets in the demo room. I think it's M coded.

>> No.23185973

>>23185866
You can get one from the demo room in one of the gauntlets.
>>23185773
>charge
+1 for 1 panel pierce, +2 for the panel above and below the 1 panel pierce, +3 for the panel to the right of the pierce, +4 for the piercing to affect the area like the dragonflame chip (target +2 columbs behind target)
>Rapid
+1 for object breaking, +2 for guard breaking, +3 for 1 tile knockback, +4 for full knockback

>> No.23189679 [DELETED] 

>>23026686
You think

>> No.23191327

A Reflector Add-On would be nice as well.

>> No.23195449 [DELETED] 

>>23025255

>> No.23198062

Bump
Any new news yet?

>> No.23198208

Beat the whole game and I haven't heard this used anywhere. Was this before the last build when another final boss was planned or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_FbjoDV5N4

>> No.23198241

>>23198208
it was probably planned for a postgame boss, probably that big dragon cybeast.

>> No.23202277

>>23191327
Or antidamage.

>> No.23203728

If you still want some ideas for PAs using the remaining navi chips, i can try to come up with some, or repost the ones i thought of the previous thread.

>> No.23205699

>>23198062
Work continues, got a bit sidetracked looking into an idea for some side content but that's wrapping up.
Haven't been pushing all the updates to the public repos since the stuff I'm working on doesn't really work half-implemented, but as long as it doesn't go 2-3 weeks without an update I'm still working on it.

>>23203728
Been mostly focusing on maps and haven't gotten to chips/pas/addons, but once I start having them all in one place would be helpful.

>> No.23209581 [DELETED] 

>>23198062

>> No.23210796

>>23205699
Based. We will be waiting.
Stay safe out there, anon.

>> No.23212706

.exe?

>> No.23214809 [DELETED] 

I wanna play

>> No.23216975 [DELETED] 

mega

>> No.23217131 [DELETED] 

man

>> No.23220450

please add secret styles

>> No.23220511

>>23220450
please add nude style, would be funny haha

>> No.23220816

>>23220450
There's 6 styles and 6 elements. I think there's enough.
If there were to be a "secret" style it'd probably be along the lines of HubStyle from BN2 which requires you to S rank all the bosses.

>> No.23226196

>>23220511
No fun allowed.

>> No.23226230

>>23226196
alright, just the game over rape scenes then, geez

>> No.23229088

>>23226230
Was capcom not raping this game with C&D not enough for you?

>> No.23234244
File: 58 KB, 850x429, qrl4b3gosdndneytna5z5x4uvktrrfqs_hq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23034776
Thanks to your great efforts, I could get my ass kicked a little more by this game :)
But that's some really sucky thing by Capcom, kicking the thing while it is down.
Speaking of scrubbed content, are the Final Bosses' silhouettes in the DarkPAs still in the latest version or the Patch file? I like it in the game still.

>> No.23235939

>>23234244
Scrubbed means scrubbed.

>> No.23237613
File: 351 KB, 1447x2047, C50b1bpWgAAP0L0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23205699
I'd like to know if this was looked at.
I once finished the ROM dungeons before the last one (the one where we see Druidman, and the program that tells you Capcom DMCAed the game). THEN, plugged in again in Murasa's tank dungeon, reached the boss area, which is supposed to be empty. (I already defeated her)
Only to find Murasa again where she was, initiating the cutscene before her rematch! Continuing or skipping the cutscene soft-locks the game!!

>> No.23239603

This is good right?

>> No.23240624

>>23239603
no

>> No.23242704

>>23237613
>the program that tells you Capcom DMCAed the game
You're on a very old version, thr game's been completed >>23034776

>> No.23244125

>>23242704
I know. I got the new version, and it seems that Murasa encounter glitch no longer happen.
That's good.

>> No.23244531

>2 of the SP viruses are missing, preventing me from finishing them all
Damn. That would be a good thing to have as a postgame gate, by the way.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action