[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 107 KB, 400x400, horothink.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21311865 No.21311865[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

give me a basic gestalt on to why there are no threads on /jp/ about Japanese Rock festivals

>> No.21311873

/jp/ is "otaku culture", not "japanese culture". did you miss the memo?

>> No.21311880

>>21311873
where the fugg will I discuss the upcoming Rock fest this August then? Surely not on /mu/

>> No.21311999

>>21311880
>Surely not on /mu/
Any particular reason why not?

https://4chan.org/rules#mu
>Discuss music, artists, and instruments here. All images should relate to the topic at hand.

Idols get discussed on both /jp/ and /mu/ because while it is music, idol culture, the predominant feature in the /jp/ threads, is inherently "otaku" (nerdy Japanese interests, or rather, those interests which are associated with otaku). Same with denpa.

Japanese rock festivals *in general* are more /mu/ in the way that any country-focused music festival thread is more appropriate to /mu/ than /int/. Not being an otaku does not trivialize the value of Japanese rock as a subgenre of music. If you're talking about an otaku-oriented music festival, such as 博麗神社うた祭*, or those types of music festival in general, then that would totally be acceptable on /jp/.

So the basic gestalt is: if your topic does not pander to otaku in particular, it probably does not belong on /jp/.

* https://www.uta-matsuri.com/

>> No.21312005

>>21311999
>Any particular reason why not?

it will never gain traction because no one on /mu/ is interested in anything Japfaggotry

>> No.21312007

>>21311999
Idolshit doesn't belong on /jp/ though.

>> No.21312017

>>21312007
otaku love idolshit

>> No.21312021

>>21311999
Also
>>21312005
>>21311880
>where the fugg will I discuss the upcoming Rock fest this August then? Surely not on /mu/

You're in the odd situation where there may only be a few people on all of 4chan who follow Japanese rock festivals period. Unfortunately, you have to be the one to set the precedent.

You asked for the basic gestalt (I actually went and looked that up before replying) why it is not on /jp/. That there is no preexisting traction on /mu/, and that /jp/ may have more traction, is not the deciding prägnanz.

>> No.21312071

>>21312017
There is a difference between eastern and western otaku. The audience over there may indeed overlap, but in the west only mind rotten teenage girls and degenerates thinking that's what they are care about this shit. Just look into any of those threads. It's a cancer infesting this board and shame on the mods for not driving it on /b/ or /trash/ or somewhere else appropriate.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action