[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 129 KB, 876x1024, 1546359150120.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20891974 No.20891974[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Any of you foreigners living in Japan? Do you have a job that is something other than being a recruiter or teaching English? Does any foreigner work in Japan and make decent money? And part B, are any of you married and living in Japan in a situation where your wife doesn't have to work and can actually take care of the house and watch your kid? does that even exist? Have you met anyone like this? what do you/they do for a living?

>> No.20892040

I work for a antique shop mostly dealing with foreign consultations and online market selling. I am married after years of being single and now my wife is taking it easy a bit but she will be working from April because she wants to. One salary is tough for many people these days, we could manage but with two we will be able to do a lot more things and save a lot more. We dont want kids and plan to travel a lot and indulge in hobbies etc. We bought a place in Tokyo in both our names, idk life is ok. She doesnt care about my 2d loli hobbies and I dont care about her cute high school boy fetish.

>> No.20892050

>>20891974
>>20892040
to add to this, there are many many foreigners coming into Japan these days working in all fields. I think like 4 times the amount than when I first moved here. If they are low skill jobs though the wage is pretty terrible so you would wanna be an English teacher in that case. Otherwise there are many foreign companies here or if your Japanese skill is good try to look out for jobs within things like city offices etc.

>> No.20892076

My thing is, I studied abroad in high school and college. At one time I had a JLPT 2, back like 10 years ago. But I've just been working in America. I have a BA and I have some IT experience but it's not an IT degree.

I ended up working at a Japanese company in America and it was the most miserable year of my life. They treated me so bad and flat out said it's because I wasn't Japanese. They don't seem to care about things like productivity or reality. They really only cared about high school girl level bullshit inter-office drama. It turned out this one guy in his 40s when I wasl ike 25 was intentionally sabotaging my work to either get me fired or hoping I would quit from frustration because he was bullied by white people when he was a kid. HR told me i should be more sympathetic to him, and they had no plans to doing anything to even stop him from sabotaging me, let alone disciplining him, so after that I had to leave.

and when I told my Japanese friends about it their attitude was "dude no shit. that's why we all studied English so we didn't have to work for a Japanese company."

So it really discouraged me. and since then I gave up on studying and it really saddened me to lose a part of myself like that. But for my own mental health I just took a jb at a normal American company. It's been pretty easy and I get paid way better for way less hours.

But a part of me is till obsessed with Japan.

>> No.20892093
File: 5 KB, 512x78, 1498469476164.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does this look like a board about living in Japan?
>>>/trv/

>> No.20892124

>>20892076
It's your fault for not being Japanese, honestly.

>> No.20892233

>>20892040
how are you staying in japan?
>dealing with foreign consultations and online market selling
doesn't really seem like a highly qualified job

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action