[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 86.00 MB, 2560x1600, animorz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16613 No.16613 [Reply] [Original]

I want to take a vacation to Japan. I don't think I could bring myself to actually live there at this point in my life, but when it comes to the technology, the food, the anime and anything else that I read/see about Japan, it's at least something that I would love to visit sometime in the near future.

What are some good places in Japan to visit? What must-do activity should anybody taking a vacation to Japan participate in while there? Anybody who has had experience visiting/living there is more than welcome to give input.

Pic unrelated, but a very cool wallpaper nonetheless.

>> No.16870
File: 68 KB, 400x254, 1203550332860.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Stay away from places like these. If you intend on staying in at a hotel or apartment, make sure they allow gaijins.

Otherwise, you might want to get one of those half-day tours if you aren't familiar with the setting. Despite what some people say, they ARE pretty interesting and are worth it (I'm assuming you have a shitton of money ready anyway).

7-day Rail pass is also something to think about.

>> No.16634

Enjoy Japan's night life.

Visit some temples outside the cities.

Do some wandering, find some stuff you would never find here.

Look up conventions if your into that.

>> No.16681

I'm not a big convention fan, but I'd love to visit temples/castles from the Edo period. Historical Japan is definitely an inspiration to me.

If Japan's club scene is anything like America's though, I really don't want to take part in it. I've been to the clubs here, they're .. well, they're ghetto. Raves aren't much my thing, either.

Are they much different in Japan?

>> No.16694

bring your own friends with you. you wont make any there. the japanese hate whitey. they're just too pussy to say it.

>> No.16782

>>16694
My girlfriend and I were talking about visiting. I wasn't really planning on making friends per say, but at the same time, I've always heard Japanese were pretty respectful to white people.

Beats me, though, I've never really looked into stereotypes on the Japanese side of things.

>> No.16834

>>16816
How long of a stay would you suggest? I'm assuming a week would be too little. Maybe a month?

A centralized location, or many different types of hotels?

>> No.16816

Miyajinma
3-Great Gardens
Hiroshima
Sapporo
Nikko
Nara Temples
Kyoto - mainly for old town and kinkakuji

Osaka, Nagoya, Kobe, Tokyo are a must and you cannot just simply refer to one place to visit. There are just too many things to do in these cities.

>> No.16869

Go to one of the cafes where they give you free shit to speak English to the Japanese customers.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action