[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 113 KB, 450x1024, 1204568564180.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
144119 No.144119 [Reply] [Original]

Okay /jp/. Imagine you are a loser. You have no social life, you have no goal, you have no life. You sit at home all day and just do as you please: Household chores? You spit on 'em. Grocery shopping? Your housemates are good for those. Cooking? See grocery shopping.

You do nothing all day but whatever you feel like. You're feeling pretty NHK-ish.

Now I'd like to hear what sort of INSPIRATIONAL SPEECH/QUOTES you people have to cheer such people on.

>> No.144137

>>144119
I don't need to imagine....
;_;

>> No.144139
File: 361 KB, 640x448, 1204686591478.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"FAP TODAY, DO IT TOMORROW."

>> No.144141

>>144119
>>Imagine

Why imagine when it's true?
Also, /r/ kaiji speech about realizing life for this thread.

>> No.144156

>>144141
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

No need to thank me.

>> No.144157

>>144156

wate wut

>> No.144173
File: 211 KB, 704x792, 1204686804391.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

<--This thread

>> No.144214
File: 154 KB, 523x4409, 1204687121181.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>144141

>> No.144220
File: 356 KB, 640x480, 1204687166946.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.144225

>You do nothing all day

I would like that.

>> No.144227

>>144157
I AM THE BONE OF MY LIFE

>> No.144233
File: 10 KB, 365x175, 1204687271021.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>144119
You shouldn't have such a negative outlook on life. You should always remember that tomorrow is a new day with new opportunities and possibilities. You really shouldn't wade in your own pit of self-despair and should instead look at all of the things you have around you that others would be so jealous of. Try and look at all the kind people and friends you have in your life rather than looking at the people that hold you back from your great personal achievements. Never forget that there is always someone much worse off than you and that in the stack of life you really aren't so bad off. Stay strong in your heart and never back down. Keep going even when it seems that everything is against you because it will always let up eventually. Even when you have bad days look past it and appreciate the little things in life.

That's all I have right now. I can try and think of some more if you'd like anon. Oh and I always tell myself: "Things happen but they'll always get better in the end"

>> No.144242

>>144220
I don't get it.

>> No.144245

>>144233

Thats pretty clique and albeit corny advice, tripfag.

Misaki is pretty damn fine, though.

>> No.144247

>>144214

Ah, thank you.

>> No.144271

>>144245
People tell me that all the time so I'm pretty used to it. They also say it's quite the "pick-me-up" so I continue with it. Actually I had quite the nice conversation with all of you several nights ago about hikkis and NEETs with quite a bit of advice. I don't think anyone saved it though and I can't remember for the life of me half of the things I said. I'm really, really sorry about that.

>> No.144285

>>144271

This Hikki Anon gets his pick-me-ups just doing some relatively social. Whatever it maybe.

>> No.144295

>>144271
That's... That's a pretty decent one. However, telling people they "wade in self-pity" will not get you the anime reaction of OHSHIT WAKE UP CALL but instead they'll turn their back to you (figuratively speaking) and refuse further conversation.

But it made me smile, anyway. My personal idea about supporting and/or motivating such a person are too limited to provide an actual insight on the matter, but this is all I can get.

"When you are sixty years old, what do you want to have achieved? Now's the time to take the first step towards those achievements."

>> No.144318

Bah, it's really just changing your mindset to go from victimizing yourself all the time, to something more like bemused cynicism towards how depraved and incompetent the human race is as a whole.

So if I was cheering on the hypothetical person in the OP, I would say these things:

1) Doing chores and getting groceries and cooking are really not as bad as you imply. It's nice to have a clean space to live in. It's nice to have lots of fresh food to eat. Cooking is fun and interesting, so spend some time on /ck/.

2) A job will get you out of the house and let you observe just how goddamn dumb and fucked up the rest of the world is. I recommend any sort of high-turnover labor position for your unskilled NEET, as it will keep you reasonably in shape... look for things like appliance delivery, moving companies, or retail jobs with a minimum of customer abuse. Remember that cynicism is always better than self-victimization.

3) Get some hobbies that involve doing something constructive for at least a little bit a day. Papercraft, writing, inventing elaborate masturbation tools out of household objects -- it doesn't really matter. If you're hikkikomori, then at your core you are an introvert, and introverts [which I am] aren't really gonna be sane unless they use their introvert time constructively. It's when you're not working on something that you get all cabin-feverish.

So that's my advice, from someone who was a former NEET. You can take it or leave it, I don't really care.

>> No.144328

>>144285
Not really, I just like the simple things in life: the wind running in my hair, being able to talk to other people on a regular basis, having a roof over my head, and seeing the good side of everything. Oh and I think I mentioned I'd post pictures in the last thread. Do you guys still want them?

>> No.144336

>>144328

You like getting fucked, right?

Don't lie. All girls like getting fucked. Just admit it.

>> No.144344

>>144233
I have a pretty damn good reason for not thinking like that. And that is this: whenever I think positively, misfortune manifests itself around me. Normally, I'd wake up, groan that I have to go work, go through the morning drudgery, and then grimace as I hit the road for the office. And everything would be normal. The status quo would be maintained.

But on those rare occasions where I'd wake up a little bit early, eat a real breakfast (i.e. actual food, not my standard cold pop-tart), and then look forward to a productive, if uneventful, day I would inevitably be hung up by a three car pile up on the highway. Or I get to the office early, only to find that the computer system's down.

And then the worst: I was feeling great, despite it being Monday. I was following a really good diet. I was rigorously studying Japanese. I had all my finances under control and I had just figured out a budget for the next few months that would allow me to buy a bitchin' new computer that I am sorely overdue for. Boy, I was on top of the world. And then my manager calls me into his office and tells me I'm fired.

Now, I had already become well aware of the correlation between positive thinking and misfortune. But this cemented it. If I even just want to survive in this world, much less actually get anywhere, I need to be a miserable son of a bitch.

>> No.144349

>>144336
Well I'd assume I'd enjoy it, I haven't exactly had much experience in that field though. I think I also mentioned that a while back...

>> No.144374

>>144344
I don't think that thinking positively did that I think that the few times you manage to think positively are just the bad days that would have happened whether you had thought positivley or not. Everything will get better in the end no matter what, at least tell yourself that much. Oh and good luck on finding another job, hopefully one that you enjoy.

Finding a good place of work, whether you really enjoy the job or not, helps to keep the mind busy and off of more negative thoughts about ones' self and also helps you to set goals for yourself. It's like two for the price of one!

>> No.144409

Or you could watch this lecture I saw on digg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tIyt8oSLVs

>> No.144414

Fail less.
I need to take my own advice, but that's not the point.

Here's pretty much my life: I go to college half the time that I'm supposed to go (I go about 10 hrs/week). I have a grand total of 3, maybe 4 friends that I trust. I come home (or stay home), I browse /a/ & /jp/ (in b4 anti-/a/ rage), watch anime, read manga, play games, read/watch/play visual novels. Next day? repeat. Right now it's 4.43 am and I need to bup at 8.15 tomorrow. Another hour so before I go to sleep.

>> No.144423

>>144233

Hey Misaki, how is your 'project' coming along?

>> No.144431

>>144336
>Alpha Male

DIE!

>> No.144452

>Everything will get better in the end no matter what

No.

It won't.

See, us adults get jobs because we need money, not because we particularly care about solving internet problems for some asshole. Real people don't have "fun" jobs unless you're a hippy who sells guitars. Yeah, that's really going places in life. The best you can hope for is to survive long enough to find some bitch to marry and have kids with and grow miserable together with. My parents haven't been happy in years. Their friends haven't been happy in years. They are all so stale. I can't remember the last time I was truly happy. Life after school is just a descending spiral of miserableness and shit. The best you can do is damage control. I learned this in college already. I don't think I'm ever going to "wake up". I realize the life I'm living now is the real deal. I just realize now that it sucks.

Insert picture of that guy from Black Lagoon saying that he feels like he's just walking on piles of shit every day here.

>> No.144466
File: 91 KB, 456x683, 1204689125283.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>144423
Oh, it's going splendidly. Big bro's agreed to the gym every week and this weekend we're going out shopping for him and we're probably going to tournament Brawl together too, we've both been really looking forward to it. The week after next is Spring Break but I'll be going out of town from that Thursda until midday Sunday so we won't see each other much that week, but we've already made a semi-schedule which includes a "date" to the movies to chaperone my little brother and his friends, an art exhibition, and 2 trips to the gym instead of 1 because of my "long vacation weekend". I hate to admit it but I'm actually pretty excited about it.

>> No.144470
File: 167 KB, 600x3031, 1204689147910.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In the 'They continue to tell themselves that' pic, is that girl he's talking to his ex or just some random girl who rejected him?

>> No.144480

>>144466
Are you as sweet as Nanoka? Be honest.

>> No.144499

>>144452
Well technically you could say I'm in college (junior college) but I still hold these ideals close because even when life is a real shithole you have to have something, anything to hold onto for your sanity, right? Seriously, if we didn't have anything to hold onto we'd have half of the people on our planet committing suicide while everyone else would be in mental institutions trying to hold onto to the little bits of sanity they think they have left.

>> No.144517

I would say, everyone here is pretty much introverted, that's a given (given our hobbies). But dedicate yourself to enough extra-curricular, extra-weeaboo activities that you really begin to value the time you have alone.

Who knows what it could be. I enjoy sailing and skiing. I like going to a cafe with friends and just chatting the evening away over coffee. It makes the time I have alone all that sweeter, not that I don't enjoy spending time with friends etc... I just find the balance of introverted time alone and light social/hobby activities is healthy.

>> No.144534

>>144480
Well everything is in the eye of the beholder. I think I'm fairly sweet but nowhere near her level though others may very well disagree and say I'm evil or sweeter than I give myself credit. It's really all up to your own personal opinion.

>> No.144545

>Imagine you are a loser. You have no social life, you have no goal, you have no life. You sit at home all day and just do as you please
>Imagine

>> No.144550

>>144534
What did you think of Koi Kaze?

>> No.144552

just what the fuck is this shit

>> No.144565

>>144466
Wait, you have two brothers?
Which one's the experiment?

Also, good to hear from you again.

>> No.144589

>>144499

THERE IS NOTHING

NOTHING

No one is really happy anymore, they just delude themselves into thinking they are. There's nothing to look forward to in life, just death. Go ask some random asshole if he's happy and he'll probably say something like "WELL I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW HOUSE" WELL HOW THE FUCK DOES A HOUSE MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY? IT'S WOOD AND GLASS. IT'S A SHOWCASE OF YOUR MONEY. Just grab a wad of bills and masturbate on them, that's basically what you're doing. And if he says that he just got married, then he's a bigger asshole, since marriage is a sham anyways. Just look at America's divorce rate. Yeah, people are real happy there. It takes a big jump to go from being miserable to suicide, so your comparison blows.

See, I can see through the bullshit. I don't delude myself into thinking I'm happy. Video games and drugs are just distractions. People are shitheads, all of them. I know I'm going to die unmarried BECAUSE I HATE EVERY FUCKING THING ON THIS FUCKING PLANET AND ACTIVELY PRAY FOR NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST

Do I listen to too much Bill Hicks? Well, he opened up my third eye and gave me my bullshit detector, so I can't complain.

>> No.144608

misaki, i haven't heard of you or your project before

what does it entail exactly? obviously some sort of NHK-esque project, but is one of your family a hikki? what are you doing to help him?

>> No.144611

>>144589

Yeh, but there must be some things you appreciate, like a sunset for example. Everyone loves those. Or a beautifully prepared dinner. Or eating chinese takeaway while watching anime with a fresh pack of 20 marlboro lights.

>> No.144630

>>144499
> half of the people on our planet committing suicide while everyone else would be in mental institutions trying to hold onto to the little bits of sanity they think they have left.
This is the world as I know it.

>> No.144642

"Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius."

Sir Edward Gibbon

>> No.144678

bump for awesome thread

>> No.144691

>>144608

Her brother is, she is trying to help him in true Misaki-esque fashion.

>> No.144704

>>144691
so what sort of problems does she have herself then?

>> No.144720

>>144565
I have 3, 2 younger, 1 older he's the project.
>>144550
It was very sweet, though in a most-bittersweet way.
>>144608
Ask some of the other anon's, I'm afraid that I must be getting off to bed, I have work first thing in the morning and I don't want to be late.

So good night /jp/ I wish you all well for tomorrow brings a new day and new opportunities. Make a first step anon, whether that be getting out of your apartment and down to the corner store for a pack of booze or calling the local pizza place for a nice pizza and to make your first contact with another human being. Try your best and remember, life could always be worse and it gets worse before it gets better. Also, good night, sleep tight and nice dreams for all of you.

>>144589
Oh and, please buck up anon, if your personal mission is to die alone then good luck with that. I understand your viewpoints and I respect them, I really do hope we all go out much quieter though rather than destroying the Earth because we're all shitheads.

>> No.144719

>>144704

I dont know.

Hey, where has she gone anyway? I was just getting into this thread.

Kaiji 21 is out by the way guys.

>> No.144732

>>144720
>I'm afraid that I must be getting off to bed

Awww, come on, stay around for a bit longer.

>> No.144746

>>144344
What job was it, and why did you get fired?

>> No.144754

>>144719
>Kaiji 21 is out by the way guys.

I know, uni has blocked xdcc and torrent stuff so could someone upload it to veoh for me?

>> No.144755

>>144139
I lol'd hard.

>> No.144759

>>144732
I'll try but probably only for a few more minutes, I'm really not a morning person, my 5 alarm clocks can attest to that.

>> No.144762

>>144720

What's it like growing up as the only sister with 3 brothers?

>> No.144780

>>144759
Ok. Have you ever had a boyfriend before.

And also, what do you like the most about your brother? And is there any possibility of wincest?

>> No.144791

>>144762
I was kind of spoiled but my younger brothers always got the spotlight just because of their age. I guess I kind of appreciate more because of them, I was given the "Mom" figure for when my own mother wasn't around (at work) and because father's don't work so well as mother figures. It also helped with learning how to do housework pretty quick.

>> No.144797

>>144759
if you're going to be up a little longer, let me know a little bit more about your project, i'm very curious

>> No.144805

>>144791
So basically you're anons dream girl.

What do you look like?

>> No.144807

>>144780
1st, I'm afraid to say no, guys were always friends but not "boy"friends.

2nd, I like that he accepts me as a weeaboo and girl vidya gamer plus he's a sweet, nice guy if not particularly well-kept or outspoken. You can talk to the other anons about the wincest part

>> No.144824

>>144807

What do you think of anonymous?

>> No.144841

>>144805
I have a couple of pictures if you'd like them
>>144797
I'm reforming my older brother from a border-line hikki into a guy who could possibly get me an older sister. We go on "dates" and I've got him to come to the gym with me, hopefully that'll turn into a weekly thing. All of the guys here say I should go and become more than just his little sister but right now I'm fine with reforming him into a really awesome older brother (I already think he's pretty cool, helps me with vidya games and stuff).

>> No.144848

>>144824
Anon is really sweet to me and always offers very nice suggestions for what I should do. You guys can be real assholes sometimes but everyone's like that and the internet really just brings out the worst in people so I think in real life you would mostly be really nice guys.

>> No.144850

>>144841
>I have a couple of pictures if you'd like them

go ahead.

>> No.144862
File: 115 KB, 1279x860, 1204692145132.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>144850
Okay picture 1

>> No.144865
File: 108 KB, 1279x860, 1204692165181.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

And picture 2

>> No.144868

And that's all in our camera. (Sorry for the semi-joke, I thought it was fairly amusing at the time.)

>> No.144869
File: 312 KB, 565x800, 1204692207016.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

inc psychobabble with a large dose of meta-crap. may inspire...rage

Frankly, I enjoy breathing, and I don't like the prospect of giving up and ending myself early. I'm not and never will be a cheerful person for the sake of hope or anything altruistic. I just try to better myself.
I have no motivation, but once I got over that fact, I realized I don't need any motivation. Just the know how to get from point A to point B, where ever they might be in society/life; adapting, taking baby steps and being willing to relearn things.

I used to always get frustrated because I wanted to be at the top of the game asap, but looking from the bottom you can't really see all the step required to reach the top, and those steps can be anything from info/skills to dollars to friends in the right places. Really All anyone can do is focus on the step before them and take it. There is no top. Some of us don't see the point and that's why we mill about the bottom few steps, watching as people climb as high as they can till they fall off and die. And, there is no point. But I'm a sucker for trying for the high-score.

>> No.144871

>>144862
>>144865

delicious feet!

>> No.144877

>>144841
>All of the guys here say I should go and become more than just his little sister

You should, if you get on so well it's bound to happen sooner or later.

>> No.144886

>>144871
Thank you, I really hate people touching them though (only part of me that's tickilish) so I never get pedicures. Also, I'm going to bed (for real this time) and I sincerely hope that you all have a wonderful day tomorrow/today

>> No.144930

Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't see suffering as such a bad thing. The times where I've had to deal with my family's problems and friends' bullshit were when I really learned the value of people around me.

OP's problem isn't really the fact that he's suffering or not happy. It's that fear is keeping him from really experiencing life.

The thing is, life sometimes sucks. It can be painful as hell and sometimes there will be things that never get better. Like if your significant other is killed, nothing can ever make that wound fully heal. But suffering and death is unavoidable, even from your bedroom. You can blind yourself to it but at some point you have to face it. It's not a matter of being brave or strong. It's just life.

>> No.145755

too bad life is not all sunshines and rainbows...

>> No.145820

i just try to make other people happy.

the world may not be so great, and things may not go the best for me, and people may be cynical or stupid or cruel... so I try not to be part of the problem. Sure i have aspirations and dreams, but even if my life doesn't amount to a lot, if i can just make the people around feel a little better, be a little happier about life, or lighten up a bad day... i think my life would have had meaning.

>> No.145863

is it just me, or most anon's are pessimists?

>> No.145885

>>145863
No shit yeah

If we weren't then we would be all out there doing whatever the fuck bullshit we were still supposed to believe in.

>> No.145897

>>145863

master of the obvious.jpg

>> No.145919

>>144865

get a pedicure geez

>> No.145963

>>145885
and what BS would we be doing, anyway?

>> No.146003

>>145863
yes, which makes more reclusive people that fear fail and embarrassment to try to "move on"

>> No.146011

WANT INSPIRATION NAO

>> No.146033

>144865

oh god delicious toe cleavage fapping etc

>> No.146048

would taking 30mg of adderal on a dailty basis help you become a happy person to everyone?

>> No.146141

I was just thinking.

A lot of anons seem to not have too many friends, this may be wrong but from my time on /v/ and /a/, that's what i've gathered.

I got to thinking... is the feeling of superiority really worth it? Does scoffing at people who play WoW or the gaiafags or people who love Naruto or sephiroth more than anything else... is it really worth feeling "better" and not like a "___fag"? Purposely ignoring the people whos interests are actually similar to our own just because they're slightly more annoying? I don't know. Many times I have the urge to avoid the kid who likes anime but says his favorite is Naruto, but then I think... it's better than being alone.

I know a few 4channers at school but they're jerks compared to the ones who participate in the commonly hated faggotry. (there are crazy annoying ones, but not as common.)

>> No.146155

>>146141
Quality over Quantity my dear fellow anon.

>> No.146216

>>144141
>kaiji speech
The kaiji speech isn't really motivating. It just tells us blatantly what we already know.

>> No.146225

>>Imagine you are a loser. You have no social life, you have no goal, you have no life
No need to imagine.

>> No.146964

OP here. I had no idea many would feel addressed by my situational sketch. As such, I apologize for, perhaps, unintentionally grieving some of you.

Now, as far as the motivational inspirations go, I'm going to see whether I can turn the described sort of person into a productive member of community.

Chin up, chest forward. Here we go.

>> No.146973

>>146225
thats actually humorous and depressing at the same time

wtf

>> No.147008

>>144119

If words alone can solve this kinda problems, then there will be no hikkis or NEETS. You can try OP, just don't expect a miracle.

What this people lack is a goal. A true life goal. Not one given by others to them but one they discover themselves. Yes its necessary to stop them from blaming themselves, get them off the couch and start putting their life back. However in the end, if they don't have their own motivation and people stop prodding/helping them, they return to their old routine because it comforts them.

You simply cannot help a man that isn't helping himself.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action