[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 1.83 MB, 1791x2616, 272908.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14319001 No.14319001 [Reply] [Original]

A message to all fellow anons, neets, hikkimori, and anyone else who may visit this board. This is a heartfelt message from a fellow anon, who wishes to see this board as a better more welcoming place for all of us, anyone who wishes to come to this board of their own will. Let’s stop with all the kill yourself posts and other derogatory messages to one another. Were otaku, are we not. We are anonymous, yet we are many, and strong. I recently made a post, speaking of the civility of this board, and after further thought, things have come to me in a more clarified light. I have a dream for this board, a dream, no matter how wild or grandiose, that we can be more civil towards each other as a community. Some of us look forward to visiting this board after a long day’s work surrounded by normies, some of us are on the verge of being homeless, some of us are going through tumultuous times in our lives, some of us have even contemplated taking our own lives, and yet, we look forward to coming here, day after day night after night. We are so so fortunate to have anons, just like you and me, who come here to unwind, and who are fortunate enough to visit cons around the world, who are gracious enough to upload scans and files of doujinshi, etc. straight from the events themselves. We need to be more grateful and courteous to those who do so, and be grateful in our hearts that we are a part of such a community that enables all of us to be so close to materials that enrich our lives. That’s the true otaku spirit. Not doing things for one’s own personal gain, but to share ideas, and to be able to grow within ourselves. The 3d world can be daunting for all of us, but I just have a grand idea. That we can turn this into our own virtual akiba. Let’s stop with all the infighting, and restore the true spirit of being otaku. Let’s keep the trueness of the otaku community. Someone may be hurting. Talk to them, don’t insult, or ignore. Normies may laugh and pick at us day after day, but hey, fuck em. Let’s keep each other in high spirits. Create, not destroy. Encourage, not beat down. Let’s all come together and make this an amazing place. The people and the potential is here, and I know we can do it. I want everyone to take a deep look at themselves, neets, hikkis, and visitors, and I want you to truly meditate on the impact this board has made on your lives, and whether that be for better or worse, let’s all make it better. Ask yourselves how many friends in the real world you may have that you can discuss such wonderful and provoking topics with. I can tell you, myself, I probably have one. There’s so many of us here, no matter how separated by miles, oceans, continents, let’s make it what it can be. We all come here, we all come to this place, a place for us. Something amazing is what I see in my mind. Otaku make their fucking way, bar none. Let’s step it up, be more inclusive and welcoming, and show everyone what we’ve got. We all have so much love deep in our hearts for this material, the creators, and each other. Let’s go.

>> No.14319002

>banned in 4,.. 3,.. 2,..

>> No.14319005

>>14319001
Nerd

>> No.14319181

>>14319001
Preach

>> No.14319192

God neo-/jp/ fucking sucks

Kill yourself

>> No.14319196
File: 140 KB, 397x399, 1446362085371.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You know what time it is jp

>> No.14319211

>>14319001
Hostility is a key part of otaku culture and keeping secondaries and niwaka/normalfags away.
Go kill yourself

>> No.14319233

>>14319192
OP is pretty dumb but he doesn't sound like neo-/jp/...

>> No.14319343

Delete generals
Bring back sage
DELETE THE CATALOG

>> No.14319351

>>14319233
I can't finish reading his post because it's in one large block and seems embarrassing to read.

I will diligently try and advance one sentence every few hours.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action