[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 191 KB, 700x990, kyonko.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1431573 No.1431573 [Reply] [Original]

Let's psychoanalyze our own fetishes and physical attractions. Why? Because I'm fucking depressed and bored.

I like Tsundere girls. The Hard-To-Get kind. The kind of woman who, after every rebuttal to your proposals, still harbors feelings towards you, which just keep growing the more you try. I'm that guy. I do not understand the concept of "too far". To me, there's no such thing as "no chance in hell are you tapping that". Any wall can be overcome, if you just throw yourself at it enough times. Sure, you may bruise yourself, cut yourself, break several bones, and obliterate the wall, leaving you both emotionally and physically destroyed. The wall wonders if it will ever be able to rebuild again, and you wonder if you'll ever get the feeling back in your legs, but somehow you both pull through, and as you go your separate ways, the wounds you inflicted upon each other start to heal, but the scars always remain.

I also enjoy mind control and tentacle rape, mostly because I mull around on /d/ far too much in the average day.

>> No.1431634
File: 409 KB, 1119x1600, 1223524159212.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Personally my end-all interest animu-wise is Sukumizu. Someone explain why I'm so into them.

Is it the easy access for crotch-grabbing? The way they cling to lolis' chests? The name tags?

>> No.1431695
File: 33 KB, 477x477, 1223525346008.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1431602
Attack lonely, scared, inexperienced targets.
Hire a mercenary to handle rear end support.

I think I'm beginning to understand. I will heed your advice.

>> No.1431702
File: 315 KB, 810x1206, 1223525466274.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like women that are very professional and goal-oriented. Intelligence, focus, discipline. These are usually the quiet and reserved types - but they are not shy; they have tons of confidence. Physical appearance must be high level - it reflects her level of discipline. Impossible to find in 3d; student council presidents are S+ tier.

>> No.1431728
File: 370 KB, 1135x1600, 1223525987563.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1431665

Maybe I'll have to find a dominant woman, lol

>> No.1431581

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.

>> No.1431582

>>1431573

>Sure, you may bruise yourself, cut yourself, break several bones, and obliterate the wall, leaving you both emotionally and physically destroyed. The wall wonders if it will ever be able to rebuild again, and you wonder if you'll ever get the feeling back in your legs, but somehow you both pull through, and as you go your separate ways, the wounds you inflicted upon each other start to heal, but the scars always remain.

Fucking INCREDIBLY deep. Personally, my fetish is ronery bitches. Nothing like making love to a girl who has no friends and cries herself to sleep every night.

>> No.1431587

Too bad tsundere doesn't exist in real life. If a girl treats you like shit, it's probably because she doesn't like you.

>> No.1431776
File: 70 KB, 407x405, 1223527105609.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1431759
Me, too.

>> No.1431593

>>1431587
It's not like I really was interested in a tsundere girl anyways; stupid Anonymous!

>> No.1431594

My attraction to little-sister types stems from my own disappointment with my real life little sister. Little sisters in anime are often portrayed as naive, innocent, and feminine. My real life sister is quite the opposite of these traits. It reflects a larger trend of the masculinization of females in our modern culture. As girls become more masculine (or at least androgynous) the reactionary instinct is to be more attracted to feminine archetypes.

>> No.1431603

>>1431594
Clever, perverted tomboy sister? AND YOU'RE NOT TAPPING THAT?

>> No.1431602

>>1431573
You probably did it wrong. If you had a bunch of manga, girly books, or something in your hand then I would probably punch you too for being creepy if I was a girl.

Plus some of these women DO want to be left the hell alone.

It is all in picking your fights. Planning your attacks.

If she had her nose in a book or had this "I'm here to look at books don't bother me" aura about her then...well..FAIL.

If a girl is sitting alone, by herself and looking out the window and thinking to herself "...oh god another year alone." Then you should come up and say something that doesn't sound like a come on. Like "Hey what's on your mind" or something. Just DON'T SOUND CREEPY. PICK YOUR TARGETS. It is like this. Pretend that you are a Marine Force Recon unit and you are cut off from supply. You are on your own and you have to have your wits about. Are you going to rush in on a heavily fortified well defended bunker? NO! That's STUPID! HOWEVER, if it was a lightly defended and isolated relay post or it was a bunch of lonely, scared and inexperienced conscript soldiers then BY ALL MEANS GO FOR IT!

Why is this so hard to understand? Women are not some unattainable thing. They are not goddesses, princesses, or queens. They are closet whores and normal people with breasts. They want what you want. Security, companionship, and the benefits of income. Only they expect YOU to provide it.

What you might want to do is hire a mercenary. You know a guy who can tag the ass and can talk you up for a girl. Just remember, he handles TACTICS. REAR END SUPPORT...this is YOUR FIGHT you gotta DO IT.

>> No.1431605

I want to fuck Kyonko and Kyon at the same time.

>> No.1431608

Zzz...

>> No.1431616

My diaper fetish probably stem from gender identify problems and literally wanting to be the little girl.

I could say more, but too lazy.

>> No.1431622

>>1431605
>I want to fuck Kyon while he's fucking Kyonko.

Fix'd

>> No.1431630

I guess I like healthy, athletic girls because I have a dependency complex and want to be literally taken care of, possibly because when I was growing up my mother always did everything for me.

>> No.1431641

>>1431616
So less wanting to be the little girl than the little toddler?

>> No.1431644

>>1431634

Who knows, but Tony Taka could make anything look sexy.

>> No.1431834
File: 17 KB, 300x418, 1223527966537.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

For historical reference:

http://4chanABNORMLREPLYarchive.org/brchive/741251/freudian+motives/

>> No.1431645

>>1431641
I'm not into infantism.

I'm just submissive as hell and want to be secured/bound.

>> No.1431665

>>1431630
No woman wants a weak, dependent man like that. Grow some balls if you want any success with women.

>> No.1431852
File: 133 KB, 640x916, 1223528605312.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like women who like taking turns being uke and seme.

>> No.1431674

>>1431634

I think it has something to do with preventing air bubbles.

>> No.1431682

I want to be fucked by Kyon while Kyonko fingers Kyon's ass.

>> No.1431714

>>1431665
Woman Expert (has had sex with 200+ different females)

>> No.1431738

So /jp/ my fetish is that I like Yandere. You see the kind that love you more than anything else, are overprotective and would do anything for you.
I wish to be fed, cleaned and taken care of by a cute girl while sequestrated because I saw a female friend on the street and started talking to her. I wish my last day is being killed by her because it's the only way in her mind to be together forever.

>> No.1431911
File: 175 KB, 640x480, 1223529926293.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1431844
s/ABNORMLREPLY//

>> No.1431928
File: 184 KB, 1119x787, 1223530134910.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1431861
Please audit a psych class. It will give you better tools to think with.

>> No.1431756

I guess the nun stereotype works for me-- pure, polite, humble, and abjectly unconcerned with pop-culture.

>> No.1431759

I like 3D lolis. Dunno why, just pretty much always have.

>> No.1431772

Tsundere waifu. I will do anything that I possibly can to get one.

>> No.1431790

I find that all my fetishes basically come from me wanting to be the object of the fetish.

I wish to be the little girl, and the object of someone's affection, even obsession.

I don't know why.

>> No.1431798

I like girls who are as terrified of me as I am of them. Because I like the idea of there being no quid pro quo as far as me having to be 'confident' or 'impulsive' goes.

>> No.1431978
File: 243 KB, 600x700, 1223531244230.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well, I like many things, so instead of picking one and writing too much useless stuff, I'll pick three main things and keep 'em short.

-Dickgirls: I tend to like contradictions, like a cute little girl with a big manly cock. And I like the thought of taking the passive role in bed. Perhaps I'm just lazy. Do you guys think more exercise can change passive/active role preference?

-Submissive/dependent girls: Having always been the youngest in my family, I have never known the feeling of taking care of someone. Also, I relate submissiveness to femininity, and femininity is obviously attractive to me. And I don't think I'd want to trust a woman to take a dominant role in my life. I don't think it's due to a lack of control of my life, but perhaps a lack of control in my life.

-Tsuntsun: This one is a little harder. Perhaps it's the personality that, in my opinion, retains the charm of a female without that female being a pushover. And perhaps I want a girl who's actually an achievement to get, not because she's intentionally playing hard-to-get, but because she she just is hard to get unintentionally. Also, it's the personality easiest to relate to my favorite body type, the athletic.

..god, why did I write all that?

>> No.1431828

I like incest, I have no idea why.
I like traps, because I'm a sissy who want's to be dominated.

>> No.1431844

>>1431834
link doesn't work yo

>> No.1431849

I found a pretty nice article somewhere that the psychological attraction to loli in japan is a result of muddled gender roles over the last few decades in what was one of the more rigid social structures on the planet. With loli you're dealing with females who exhibit total dependence on the male and therefore pose no threat to go against his wishes.

The same article also held that some of the impetus for mahou shoujo and yandere is guilt in those who take pleasure in loli - ultimately, the girl is given the ability to take revenge on the freedoms which the male stripped her of. I don't know how much this argument is true, though. Maybe Gunslinger Girl could qualify.

>> No.1431861

I find that fetishes arise from a lack of familiarity or ownership. Such as /v/'s feet obsession. It's quite obvious; the male foot is horrid. Hairy, lumpy, enormous and covered in veins. Therefore a depiction of a foot that's soft, rounded and pure gets to them. In fact, this can be said of most male loves; They have no tits, but women do. Their asses are hairy and covered in in-grown hairs, a woman's is soft. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why any woman is attracted to a man, but it must be their feelings or something like that, hell if I know. Coincidentally it seems like they like womanly men, so I suppose you could say that they're all just hypocrites. In any case, this can be taken a step further to distinguish that which is a true fetish. Not just a point that's different between sexes, but inside the sexes. A DFC is a wonderful thing to me because all other women have tits that will age and weather, but here I have my as it were iconoclast chest, my own rarity to enjoy. This is the true fetish that separates men. Most men will love a dainty foot, but it's a fetish when they want a gross one. Maybe instead of firm skin they want flab. Perhaps it could be said that Barby isn't the end result of male's rendering of women, but the starting point. They'll change a thing or two here or there and get their ideal. This could also explain why men find girl-on-girl so arousing since most women go for men, a woman who goes for a woman is out of the ordinary and therefore arousing. When someone tells you not to do something, it oft times makes you want to do it more, right? It is that clash against the norm that delivers joy, not simply being cast into the void of attempting to attain an all ready used image.

>> No.1432051
File: 62 KB, 595x794, 1223532725580.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like quiet, unsociable girls who have difficulty expressing emotions. There is something immensely satisfying about comfortable silences and subtle, yet intimate, gestures of love. It seems to me to be a private, calm, and genuinely heartwarming fantasy. However, in the spirit of amateur psychology, I'm going to say this fixation is probably a result of being intimidated by real women as well as the sacrifices and leaps of faith required for a relationship with them.

Apart from that, I also have a silly hat fetish. I blame this one on the Touhou, personally.

>> No.1431890

I want to break a girl down sexually. Sort of like Bondage Mansion but completely without her consent. It's gotten so bad that I've actually looked into buying property away from anywhere so I can more easily kidnap and keep a girl as a pet. I'm terrified that one day I'll actually go psycho and implement some fucked up plan so I keep it in fantasy through rape games and hentai manga.

I'm almost at the point where 3d girls are completely disgusting but I still harbor the desire to dominate someone sexually until she gives in completely to my will. Must be because I feel trapped in my life and I want to control someone else to feel better about myself.

>> No.1431906

>>1431573
OP, Being loved by a tsundere is great.
uhh... just make sure you know the difference between it and a girl who really just doesn't like you.

>> No.1432094
File: 71 KB, 570x466, 1223533478968.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1432080
;_;

>> No.1431913

>>1431906

If she stutters, that means she likes you, right?

>> No.1431921

>>1431913
Depends on if it's only around you.

>> No.1431933

>>1431890
Congrats you have the serial killer psyche. Don't worry we don't give a shit.

>> No.1431945

I think for some reason anime warped me into a person who has absolutely astronomical goals. I am talking like your typical Shounen wish to be the greatest in the world kind of goals; which fits into my goals in love as well. I do everything I can to be the most well kept and cool person around. I want to make girls like me I love the feeling of having girls dream of being with me and crushing their hopes. It is my natural high. I actually don't find 3D attractive at all but I want to make a Japanese Idol my waifu just to piss off all the guys who love them. I feed off of rage and I think it is my one true fetish other than 2D.

>> No.1431952

While were on the topic, how come you NEVER see anyone blush in real life when theyre embarrassed? I would think seeing a real life cute tsundere blushing would be incredibly moe.

>> No.1431954

>>1431952

I turn red as a tomato when embarrassed.

>> No.1431956

I like little girls because they are as sexually inexperienced as myself. They also care about things that I care about, like having fun, playing games, and seeing/experiencing new things; women are only interested in sex, money, and "confidence." Lack of body hair and a tight vagina is great too, although I have no idea what that means psychologically, it just feels nice.

On the other hand, I also like intelligent conversation and being a little submissive myself. I think the best kind of girl for me might be an adult woman who somehow has the body of a 9-year-old and the relationship/sexual experience as well. Of course that doesn't exist in the real world I'm sure.

>> No.1431961

>>1431945
>I love the feeling of having girls dream of being with me and crushing their hopes.
I don't think you have felt that feeling. Ever.

>> No.1431960

>>1431952
Real women are in better touch with their emotions by our age.

>> No.1432150
File: 45 KB, 420x534, 1223534569606.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1431988
This is basically me except I have a penis and it has nothing to do with my dad. I grew up with only my father after my mother killed herself but he was nothing but nice though a little distant. I figure it maybe comes more from the fact one and only relationship I had was with a slightly older kind of fucking insane now that I think back on it girl, but I really looked up to her at the time and was completely infatuated and in love.

Or maybe some shit about missing a mother figure and that mother figure for some reason is a narcissistic bitch who abuses me sometimes but loves me deep down inside and is very possessive.

But then I also have a psychologically destroying and seeing tears run down a girl's face fetish. Do I want to be the little girl? I don't know anymore.

>> No.1431979

>>1431961
Oh, you are right. I guess I will enjoy my hand then...

>> No.1431985

>>1431954
But have you ever seen a girl blush and stutter when they, say, have their secret crush or whatever revealed.

>> No.1431988

I'm a girl, but I've always really liked and wanted to date a aggressive, confident, and almost narcissistic female, who's capable of flipping between being incredibly cruel to you, and then being very supportive. Also, I have a huge secret fetish for lesbian bdsm type stuff.

I grew up with a dad that is apparently classified as being extremely verbally abusive, and I got bullied left and right all the time in school, so that probably has more or less to do with how masochistic I can be.

I'm probably going to be flamed over this. I just thought it was interesting, and felt like responding.

>> No.1431992

>>1431961
Well I usually just ignore them outright till the point of tears. Somehow this makes girls like me more, go figure.

>> No.1431994

>>1431954
But have you ever seen a girl blush or start stuttering when they, say, have their secret crush or something revealed like in an eroge or whatever?

>> No.1431995

>>1431956
I'm exactly like you, except I don't like little girls at all. They do nothing for me except make me think, 'I'd love to have children one day'. I mean, realistically, they aren't even meant to have sex at such young ages. Biologically I mean.

>> No.1431996

>>1431945
I can totally understand that. Watching Nodame Contabile, where all the girls whisper about the protagonist and call him -sama. I think everyone loves to feel wanted, but our problem is that we've seen how far it can go, so we'll never truly be satisfied by what we realistically can get.

>> No.1431997

>>1431988
How about men?

>> No.1432001

>>1431992
But how can you ignore them when they ignore you?

>> No.1432011

>>1431996
That's exactly it my fetish is being wanted by those I don't want. These women that like me I have absolutely no attraction to. They are not pretty smart or anything like that I am no normalfag. It's merely a fetish of being fawned over and having the power to turn them down.

>> No.1432018

I like lolis (3D lolis), but honestly I just want to be with some girl who's completely and lovingly devoted to me, and returns the feelings.

Fuck, if I were 80 years old and she killed me, I couldn't care less, just so long as all of the other time spent was excellent.

>> No.1432020

>>1431997
This probably has a lot of connections to my dad. In real life, I've never liked any men, at all, but when it comes to anime and that sort, I usually become very attached to extremely nonthreatening, in confident males. Basically males a lot like me. But then I pair them into a shonen ai narcissistic/sweet uke pairing.

Basically, the same type of lesbian relationships I'm interested in.

I've never liked straight stuff, but I do lean towards the strong leader girl topping the nonthreatening guy. Probably because I feel so in confident with myself, and I just really dislike powerful guys (due to dad, most definitely). I'm just sexually messed up, probably.

>> No.1432023

I want to having consensual sex in the missionary position one day. Seriously.

>> No.1432208
File: 264 KB, 453x600, 1223535735611.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1431988
Fuck, it's like looking into a mirror.
Even now I find it a hell of a lot easier to get off during sex when I feign resistance. However, it's a little strange (or rather, not strange at all) since I'm usually a hardass any other time.
And though it's never happened, I don't think I'd like the idea of a guy playing along with it (yelling, pinning, etc). But another girl would probably be fine. Even though the closest I'd ever come to homosexual tendencies before are crushes in highschool.
Whatever, I can still fantasize about Haruka.

>> No.1432029

>>1432020
There is nothing wrong with you. All girls are just inherently lesbians.

All of them.

>> No.1432038

>>1432020
Do you truthfully have no sexual desire towards men at all? I'm not trying to imply you're views are misplaced or anything, I'm just generally interested.

I mean, could you ever envisage yourself falling in love with a man? Marrying? That kind of thing?

>> No.1432050

>>1431994

No, because that never happens in real life ever.

Also, athens is here so any hope of further intelligent conversation in this thread is now irrevocably lost.

>> No.1432054

>>1431997
Men suck.

>> No.1432057

>>1432011

The only time I was ever able to do that was with this severely obese mexican girl in my old dorm.

>> No.1432059

>>1432054

go back to /u/ with your retarded posts

>> No.1432060

>>1432054
Why though? Are we really that bad?

>> No.1432063

>>1432060

YOU are, faggot.

>> No.1432065

>>1432060
No just you.

>> No.1432067

>>1432060
They smell, and they have penises.

>>1432059
/u/ sucks ಠ_ಠ

>> No.1432070

>>1432067

Then stop trying to make /jp/ as bad with your HURR MEN SUCK drivel.

>> No.1432068

>>1432063
>>1432065
Wow, a regular comedy troupe!

>> No.1432069

>>1432038
Usually my form of crushes in real life so far are over emotional/supportive people. But all the time except for one they've been on females.
That one male I became clingy to for about 4 months, who was not threatening at all. However, I was so debatable and confused because he didn't share the narcissistic traits that I expect, and I just...couldn't really get attached in the same way I do for females. The girls I cling to in real life are usually not cruel, but I was just really, really confused with him.

I can see myself in a lesbian relationship much more than a straight relationship. I don't think I'm 100% lesbian at all, but definitely a bisexual, regardless of circumstances. And I would have been straighter, but I seriously think I'm just really messed up in some ways.

>> No.1432073

>>1432069
ALL GIRLS ARE BISEXUALS

>> No.1432075

>>1432067
>They smell, and they have penises

Girls smell better admittedly. As for penises, I suppose it's a matter of taste.

>> No.1432078

>>1431594
But I like both. I love tomboys.

>> No.1432080

>>1432054
I can handle a tripfag, and I can for some reason handle a dyke, but a tripfag dyke? You, young lady, have just made yourself a powerful enemy!

>> No.1432081

>>1432069
Well, it goes without saying, but whatever makes you happy is the most important thing. I still think that everyone should have a set of stoic principles they live by though.

>> No.1432280
File: 30 KB, 430x315, 1223536939787.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Calling Doctor athens

>> No.1432086

>>1432080

It's a man you idiot. He should merge with emouse to create some kind of superfaggot.

>> No.1432091

>>1432073
Most girls who experiment with other girls only do so out of their devotion to men. Is that truly bisexuality?

>> No.1432095

>>1432067
Fuck off tripdyke

>> No.1432101

>>1432038
Different fag here, but I thought the question was interesting.

I have found the male body appealing on occasion, but only as an object. I do not think I will be having sex with a man any time soon (well I probably won't be having sex with anyone, ever, but that's not the point) as although I don't mind the male body, the fact that it's inhabited by a male bothers me.

I really can't figure out why, but imagining marrying, loving, or having sex with a man (even a submissive one) makes me feel like I've lost some kind of competition. Like I've just lost a fight and I couldn't land a single punch on my opponent. This feeling of rage brought on by some kind of impotency just consumes me.

This bothers me a bit, since I like guys and I get along with them better than I do most women. I've never suffered any kind of sexual abuse, I've never been seriously bullied.

>>1432091
Or out of a desire to attract men. And no, it is not bisexuality, it's faggotry.

>> No.1432103

I want a women that will smile politely after physical and sexual abuse. Mostly because I resent every female I've met and continue to meet. Sexist? No, and that's why I need someone else to try and psychoanalyze me.

>> No.1432104

>>1432091
Lesbian masochistic girl is genuinely interested in this statement, if it actually has any form of substance to it.

>> No.1432116

>>1432104
>Lesbian masochistic girl
so uhhh.... butch

>> No.1432117

>>1432086
>>It's a man
ಥ_ಥ

>> No.1432119

>>1432101
What is it specifically about the innate character of males that bothers you then? Also, you seem to view the dichotomy between males and females as primarily antagonistic, like it's a battle. I'm not disagreeing with this necessarily, but I'd be interested if you could expand upon it?

>> No.1432123

>Lesbian masochistic girl

Whoa.

>> No.1432310
File: 114 KB, 800x600, 1223537556074.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like this kind of thing. I have no idea what it might mean. Also lactation.

>> No.1432128

>>1432103
Do you like dogs by any chance?

>> No.1432133

>>1432116
Not really. I don't spend a lot of money on clothes and whatnot, but I'm far from acting or really looking masculine.

Deleted last post because it was stupid and basically got answered by
>>1432101

>> No.1432140

>>1432128

What do you mean, do I like fucking dogs? If that's the case, then no. Absolutely not.

I love dogs as pets and companions though, nothing unusual within those relationships.

>> No.1432147

>>1432140

I'm guessing tripfag was asking if you tortured dogs, which can be a sign of fucking up in the head.

>> No.1432152

>>1431616

Are YOU the goddamn freaky diaper fairy from pooshlmer?

>> No.1432352
File: 111 KB, 298x478, 1223538280033.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a big pile of contradictions. I'm an aggressive over-achieving male who loves beta females. I want a woman with complete loyalty- but not to me. I want a woman with complete dedication to the household. The queen of our kingdom if you will. She would hold down the fort while I go to work, and maintain order in my absence. She would have confidence and be in control of her own life, but she would also be secure in being "owned" by the greater whole, just as I would. Sexually I would like her to be a little masochistic and submissive, the kind that is turned on most just by being wanted intensely. I would like her to be aggressive towards other women though, and have a sadistic dominating streak towards them both in normal social interaction and sexually. Asserting her superiority, and our "kingdom's" superiority over other women.
Physically I am attracted to short girls (I'm 2m tall, and it is nothing but a pain), short hair, and glasses. Opposites attract.
My only real fetish is petto. Just like I like the idea of a beta female acting as my queen I like the idea of a gamma female being a pet for the two of us to do with as we please. Subhuman pet girls just about maximizes that niche. Pic related.
A far distant attraction is simply a female domestic partner. I wouldn't care if we had separate rooms and had no sexual/romantic relationship if we simply shared home duties. I'll mow the yard, you cook dinner. I'll fap to loli doggirls, you schlick to yaoi. I don't care.

>> No.1432159

>>1432140
>>1432147
This actually:
>I love dogs as pets and companions though

My guess is you're looking for loyalty in exchange of "protection".

>> No.1432161

>>1432133
Why do you think there is a divergence between being attracted to narcissistic women and non-threatening men?

>> No.1432178

>>1431890
....I feel somewhat the same way with you, and I also have the MC/hypno fetish of OP...

....yeah, I may end up kidnapping and torturing/drugging/etc. some girl, and make her a slave of sorts....or I get over it and live some other way. Either ronery shut-in fagt or bored normalfag

>> No.1432188

>>1432094

I'm still convinced you're a man.

>> No.1432190

I fapped to an x-ray of my wife's ribs once. I don't even know what that means.

>> No.1432191

After this reading this thread I'm actually worried because I have no fetishes - or at least I don't know what they are yet.

>> No.1432195

>>1432161
Honestly, I haven't really dealt with men and woman enough in real life to decide between fantasy and real life, but only two girls I've gotten a crush on had really, really cruel traits. The rest were usually pretty motherly, laid back and strong opinionated. My crushes on those two girls were really, really strong, but nonetheless.

I think for the Shonen ai obsession, its that I'm inserting myself into the role of the really dependant, weak male. I'm identifying with males, while just staying very distant from them at the same time.

The one male that I became attached to shared a lot of the same nerdy obsessions as me, and I think had the sort of motherly, laid back, commanding traits that those girls had. But the attachment felt very awkward and weak at the same time, it was weirdly confusing for me.

>> No.1432204

>>1432195
Spoilers, you like dick, bro.

>> No.1432214

>>1432195
Have you ever followed through on one of the crushes?

>> No.1432215

>>1432208
>during sex

d...damaged goods...

>> No.1432216

>>1432119
I think it is exactly that I somehow have come to view males as opponents rather than allies, in the context of love/sex/etc.
I could probably relate to my friendship with a particular girl; how I was never able to become a significant enough person in her eyes, and the (probably false) belief of my younger self that I was unable to do this because I was female... but that seems a bit contrived.

>> No.1432220

>>1432178
>>1431890
So, do you guys want to start a business with me dedicated to the acquiring, training and selling of sex slaves?

>> No.1432226

>>1432190
It means that you are delusional and have created an imaginary wife to deal with your loneliness?

>> No.1432228

Well this thread took a turn for the bizarre.

Carry on.

>> No.1432230

>>1432226

I wish, then I wouldn't have to deal with health insurance assholes, lol

>> No.1432235

>>1432204
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised that I'm straighter than what my raging crushes on girls tell me all the time, but I just really, really feel uncomfortable around men right now, and I'm more focused on my own emotional growth than that right now.

I usually read or write shojou ai, yuri fanfiction 80% of the time, long before I even started to seriously consider that I was different from others maybe, but I still do like shonen ai.

>> No.1432234

>>1432159

An intriguing evaluation, I can say that exchange would be admirable if it weren't for the fact that I don't want to have anything to do with people for longer than a "confrontation" lasts. Whether it be sex or a fight.

>> No.1432241

>>1432235

why are you responding to currybutt

>> No.1432238

>>1432204
But everyone likes dicks.

>> No.1432239

>>1432188
There's no penis on this girl's body.

>> No.1432244

>>1432216
You have a remarkable degree of introspection, but this is a curse as well as a blessing. Introspection means you are more realistic as self-confidence comes from a lack of introspection in the first place. Basically, being stupid enough to be loud and subtly or forwardly arrogant without regard for realistic consequences of these actions. I genuinely think an abundance of introspective qualities is, while a blessing in some areas, a death sentence for self-confidence. Perhaps that's part of your problem?

>>1432208
How do these non-consensual fantasies impact upon the relationships you have had? Do the guys you have slept with ever notice it?

>> No.1432246

I've tended to crush on girls who exhibit strong motherly tendencies, similar to some here. Maybe it's my desire to be taken care of, or maybe I'd like to eventually settle down with a girl who knows how to keep a family.

My main thing I've got to work on, as perhaps many of us have to work on here, is confidence. Usually, if I need some confidence I take it in liquid form. That's an easy solution, but God knows it has its consequences. My liver hates me.

>> No.1432248

All the people in this thread claiming to be females need to shut the fuck up. We don't care for your shit around here.

>> No.1432249

>>1432216
>I think it is exactly that I somehow have come to view males as opponents rather than allies, in the context of love/sex/etc.
I'm a male who used to think the same way, before I realized that I don't get along well enough with girls in general for them to satisfy my need for friendships. Now I'm convinced that men make the best friends, no matter the circumstances, and I only think less of them for being competition if they think less of me for being competition.

>> No.1432440
File: 29 KB, 730x358, 1223539938417.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1432427
Well you see, this is just silly. I acknowledge the limitations of the empirical evidence available because there simply isn't that much. I'd like to see you present some though, unless your point is to be contrarian for the sake of it.

>> No.1432449
File: 14 KB, 610x403, 1223540032882.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Also see pic for practical validity of IQ in a general sense.

>>1432439
No, it most certainly is not ok. I will mail you on Saturday anyway.

>> No.1432262

>>1432214
I'm really shy, and in some cases the bullying/gossip that was going on in the groups made me paranoid to approach them and become more than acquaintances with them.
but if I felt it was safe, in about three cases, I'd usually try to become extremely close friends with them, and would do practically everything that they wanted me to do, since I felt so anxious about getting them upset sometimes, but /never/ any actual relationships.

Most of these girls seemed really, really straight to me. Although its probably easy to pretend, nothing gave me the impression otherwise. I probably would never have the nerve.

>> No.1432474
File: 400 KB, 1075x1518, 1223540219350.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'd be interested to know what people think about my whole "motherly" tendency. It can't be too unusual, but it's still off enough, I'd say.

>> No.1432266

When I came back and saw this thread had 120+ replies, I thought that maybe /jp/ had come up with something interesting to read. Why I continue to hope against all reason that this shithole of a board will just once produce a decent thread, I'm not sure.

>> No.1432268

>>1432262
I understand motivations are difficult to deconstruct, and seem to be an end in themselves. But you shouldn't devote yourself entirely to someone and do whatever they want. Everything is quid pro quo but that particular one is not weighted at all in your favour.

>> No.1432272

About half my faps these days are to imagining me raising a daughter who utterly worships me.

>> No.1432273

>>1432244
I think you're mistaking ego and self-confidence. Introspection can be a great source of confidence, so long as you face yourself in a rational manner. If you understand where your strengths are, it's natural to feel confident.
Without the introspection, confidence is just an ego show.

>> No.1432275

>>1432262
Actually, in most of the cases I was too shy to really interact with them, or paranoid.
But I g2g to bed, so goodbye.

>> No.1432277

>>1432262
Masturbating to this.

>> No.1432291

>>1432272
I could not imagine that. I just got off of a thread on /a/ where a guy stated he broke up with his fiance because she was cheating on him because he was 'too nice' and she stated she wanted a guy who would slap her around once in a while. The same kind of trust that guy had in his fiance is the kind of trust your daughter would have for you, you can't break it, it's sacrosanct, the highest principle there is.

Also, I think it's a sign of how far my self-control has improved that I didn't feel angry at that. I don't tar all women with the same brush anymore and I'm quite proud of the fact I've managed to move beyond that.

But I still hold to my 'more than 2 men = she's no good' rule.

>>1432280
Hmmm?

>> No.1432293

>>1432244
It's not something all that noticeable I think, except when I vocally say no (albeit, that too is softly).
With my previous boyfriend, there was only a sort of "how do I know when you really mean it"-confusion, which didn't last very long.

>> No.1432299

>>1432293
Do you find your fantasies mean you have an implicit desire to be more promiscuous than most other girls? Or at the least, desire men who are somewhat quasi-abusive?

Again, no offense intended.

>> No.1432311

>>1432244
Hmmm. It's true that I have very little self-confidence. Whether or not that can be attributed to my penchant for navel-gazing I'm not sure; my brother has healthy amounts of self-confidence and he's pretty introspective and certainly not stupid. So yeah, maybe this >>1432273

But yes, it is true that a lack of self-confidence could lead to my being competitive. I've often wondered whether my mystery-rage would go away if I felt that I was just as good as a guy at all the things guys are wont to do.

And while this is an interesting theory, there is no way to come to a conclusion about it unless I somehow manage to develop some self-confidence. So.

>>1432249
I actually agree with you, that's why I specified that I see them as opponents in the context of love. My friends are almost all male, and I feel strong (platonic) affection for them rather than any sort of competitive anger (except when it comes to video games, but that's strictly an issue of my nature rather than an issue of gender).

>> No.1432330

>>1432273
>Introspection can be a great source of confidence

The two are contrary to one another. For example, the IQ grouping which has the most sex/loses their virginity the earliest/has the most sexual partners is 85-95, and there is a good reason for this, firstly they are the average - so the playing field is meant for them. And secondly, they aren't intelligent enough to develop an introspective edge to the point where they would see the rational consequences of their actions - in short, confidence.

>confidence is just an ego show.

It's an ego show by definition, most men are apathetic at heart. Either you developed that ego in your formulative years as a result of your successes or you fake it in your later years as a desire to imitate.

>>1432311
>mystery-rage would go away if I felt that I was just as good as a guy at all the things guys are wont to do.

What kind of things do you mean?

>there is no way to come to a conclusion about it unless I somehow manage to develop some self-confidence. So.

>> No.1432543
File: 102 KB, 440x380, 1223541706409.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1432540

>> No.1432344

I like submissive men. I'm easily intimidated so something weaker than myself is appealing. it's also cute, and you almost never find actual submissive guys, so there's that attraction.

>> No.1432348

>>1432299
>desire to be more promiscuous than most other girls?

very no.

>> No.1432356

>>1432344
Shame you aren't a woman.

>> No.1432367

>>1432348
How about the latter question?

>> No.1432372

>>1432344
You don't happen to live in Australia, do you?

>> No.1432395

>>1432344

Don't you think relationships based on fetishistic desire are kind of doomed from the start though? Generally any relationship built entirely on the edifice of whatever animalistic attraction you have only survives as long as the trend that your fetish is does, or until you meet another party that can satisfy that more fully.

>> No.1432396

>>1432330
I don't believe consideration of consequences and confidence are mutually exclusive. I know people who are adapt at considering the consequences of their actions, and are also confident in themselves.

>What kind of things do you mean?
i.e. I find it insulting when a stranger who sees me carrying something throws a fit and tries to help me (it's especially annoying if they subsequently have obvious trouble carrying it, because then I'm embarrassed for them as well as insulted and I have to awkwardly pretend that they've done me a favor). If I was confident enough about my own abilities, I believe things like this would not bother me. I would just be able to say to myself "well that was silly of them" and continue on my way after thanking them politely.

>> No.1432398

>>1432395
Yes, whatever it is that you bable, but you still have not send that mail to me, sweetie.

>> No.1432400

>>1432395
I understand what you're saying, but I don't think that's what he meant. Being submissive is more of a personality trait than something purely sexual. There are plenty of people that act one way and are totally different in bed.

>> No.1432411

I guess that I've become a bit worn down by relationships, as the primary traits that I'm looking for are: Has a decent job, was not raped when she was a little girl, and will not bore me within two months.

The first two are exceedingly difficult to find in available women. It's really bizarre. Every girl I've dated since I moved to this city has been a broke-ass slob who was raped by an uncle. I guess that's more of a commentary on me than anything else.

>> No.1432412

>>1432372
nope sorry

>>1432395
i get what you're saying, but yeah what the guy above said, it's more of a personality trait. If I say, had a fetish for bondage, seeking out a relationship based on that would probably not result in a very healthy one.

>> No.1432598
File: 88 KB, 1000x740, 1223543150216.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1432590
Don't feel sad ♥

>> No.1432416

>>1432396
>I don't believe consideration of consequences and confidence are mutually exclusive.

I do, granted my evidence is kind of ancilliary, but the attractive traits and actions associated with confidence are, by and large, executed by said confident people because they simply have no regard for consequences. For example, a poll recently showed that women rank 'impulsiveness' among the most attractive traits in a man. That particular one doesn't require any further elaboration because what it implies is self-evident.

Also, I'm aware my evidence (IQ grouping which has the most sex, above poll, studies about men with the 'dark triad' of personality traits being the most attractive etc) is rather ancilliary, but it's still all we have, empirically at least, to operate under at the moment.

Asides from that we're both going by anecdotes here, which is just circular.

>If I was confident enough about my own abilities, I believe things like this would not bother me.

That's not necessarily something that is that bad to feel bad about though. Plenty of people would feel the same way. I think, and again I appreciate I'm trying to glean what I can here based on not much, you want to compete with men on men's terms as a form of validation? Or at least as a way to build up self-confidence?

I'm still convinced our barren adolesences in terms of intimact forever curses us to a lack of self-confidence. It also adds to our self-consciousness, the more you suffer alone, the more convinced you are that there is something wrong with you. And what you resort to is cutting yourself off from it entirely. For example, I dont even click on /r9k/ anymore because relationship threads depress me, and for all the wrong reasons. So you build up this firewall to protect yourself, insulate yourself. Whether it's good or bad in the long run is anyone's guess.

>> No.1432426

>>1432398
In the next few days maybe. To be honest I get the impression you want to find out where I live Meru, I'm ok with having a open and frank discussion with you about things though.

>> No.1432427

>>1432416
>Also, I'm aware my evidence (IQ grouping which has the most sex, above poll, studies about men with the 'dark triad' of personality traits being the most attractive etc) is rather ancilliary, but it's still all we have, empirically at least, to operate under at the moment.

Translated:
>This is total bullshit, but for the sake of the argument let's say it's true. Also, IQ can explain everything.

>> No.1432439

>>1432426
I already know where you live. Now I want your picture. Is that okay?

Why you're always so antagonistic for me? I mean no harm :)

>> No.1432453

>>1432426
Who is Meru? An internet stalker ಠ_ಠ?

>> No.1432461

>>1432453
\(ಠ3ಠ)/

>> No.1432462

>>1432427
And finally:

http://www.halfsigma.com/2006/07/smarter_people_.html

>> No.1432472

>>1432453
Meru is one of /a/'s resident tripfriends. Now an emailfieldfriend.

>> No.1432479

>>1432472
Okay ♥ ^_^

>> No.1432483

>>1432449
Pretty please *__*, I send you mine, if you send me yours.
I wonder if you look as cute as your arguments portray you?

And come on, only Saturday, huh? So many days to wait...

>> No.1432485

>>1432474
Are you a woman? Maternal instinct is natural and healthy. Though subconsciously it is directed towards someone you consider inferior.

Are you a man? Maternal instinct is not natural, stop taking estrogen pills.

>> No.1432488

>>1432449
>among non-Hispanic whites only
Oh god, imagine how it'll look when you add niggers and spics.

>> No.1432490

>>1432485

I mean I like girls who I perceive to have a motherly tendency. I'm a man.

>> No.1432492

>>1432490
You wanna fuck your mom then.

>> No.1432494

>>1432449
>0.4
Well, at least I'm not completely alone.

>> No.1432496

>>1432490
I'm another guy who shares the same like.

I get quite a few comments on how I get along with kids well though, and want to become a father quite a bit, so I guess it might be natural.

>> No.1432500

>>1432494
Another high school drop out with a decent IQ? Fancy meeting you here.

>> No.1432501

>>1432483
Look, we'll see.

>>1432479
(^____________________^)/♥

>> No.1432506

>>1432500
Odds are in your favor if you're on 4chan, it's full of depressed high school dropouts.

>> No.1432513

>>1432490
Motherly tendency towards you or toward no one specific?

-If towards you, you might be slightly submissive, or at least like to be taken care of. Why this could be the case is hard to say without knowing more about your life, but it could be shit like lack of attention from your own mom, or an unusual fondness of her (see >>1432492).
-If towards no one specific, it could sound like a perfectly natural instinct telling you to pick a good mother to bear your children.

>> No.1432533

>>1432513

I'd say the latter, since my mother did give me attention as a kid and I can't say I have any unusual fondness towards her in that sense.

>> No.1432534

You can be impulsive, and consider the consequences. i.e. if a girl and I had been planning on going somewhere (but neither of us was particularly enthused about it) and one of us suddenly thinks of something way more fun to do, that's being impulsive. And one can say that if whoever made the suggestion considered that neither of us had our hearts set on the planned activity, and that there was nothing illegal, immoral or fattening about the new idea, then it's also considering consequences.

I think it is odd that you would assume that having confidence directly results in having sex. Yes, you could make a reasonable assumption that they have sex because they are less able to consider consequences, but you cannot then assume that all those people are also confident. Even if you could, you could not assume that all the confident people in the world also fall into that category.

>That's not necessarily something that is that bad to feel bad about though. Plenty of people would feel the same way. I think, and again I appreciate I'm trying to glean what I can here based on not much, you want to compete with men on men's terms as a form of validation? Or at least as a way to build up self-confidence?
Because I lack the confidence to just know that I'm good at x activity, I constantly feel challenged to prove that I am. Therefore I compete. It's not really a means to an end as much as a knee-jerk reaction. I wouldn't need validation if I were fully confident, because I would be self-validating. I would be happier and easier to get along with (and possibly exhibit straight tendencies??) if I didn't have such a chip.

I don't actually think intimacy during my adolescence would have helped me. In retrospect, I cannot think of anyone with whom being intimate would have helped me in the long run. Especially the girl I wanted it (in a non-sexual way, actually) from most from at the time.

>> No.1432536

>>1432416
You can be impulsive, and consider the consequences. i.e. if a girl and I had been planning on going somewhere (but neither of us was particularly enthused about it) and one of us suddenly thinks of something way more fun to do, that's being impulsive. And one can say that if whoever made the suggestion considered that neither of us had our hearts set on the planned activity, and that there was nothing illegal, immoral or fattening about the new idea, then it's also considering consequences.

I think it is odd that you would assume that having confidence directly results in having sex. Yes, you could make a reasonable assumption that they have sex because they are less able to consider consequences, but you cannot then assume that all those people are also confident. Even if you could, you could not assume that all the confident people in the world also fall into that category.

>That's not necessarily something that is that bad to feel bad about though. Plenty of people would feel the same way. I think, and again I appreciate I'm trying to glean what I can here based on not much, you want to compete with men on men's terms as a form of validation? Or at least as a way to build up self-confidence?
Because I lack the confidence to just know that I'm good at x activity, I constantly feel challenged to prove that I am. Therefore I compete. It's not really a means to an end as much as a knee-jerk reaction. I wouldn't need validation if I were fully confident, because I would be self-validating. I would be happier and easier to get along with (and possibly exhibit straight tendencies??) if I didn't have such a chip.

I don't actually think intimacy during my adolescence would have helped me. In retrospect, I cannot think of anyone with whom being intimate would have helped me in the long run. Especially the girl I wanted it (in a non-sexual way, actually) from most from at the time.

>> No.1432540

Semi-related trivia:
If you fill out a profile on that e-Harmony dating site that is always advertised on TV as a submissive male, the system tells you it is completely incapable of ever finding you any matches and you should just go away.

>> No.1432541

>>1432540
ouch

>> No.1432560

Definitely nun stereotype, minus the religion (though as long as she doesn't bring it into the relationship I don't really care). However, she has to be beautiful, in the simple way. Good hair (preferably a lightish brown), good teeth (good smile is imperative), good eyes, and a simple, inncent face. Picture related - http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=le8bc0604df1b4470b340b7vt0.jpg

Someone dissect this.

>> No.1432565

>>1432560
Er, innocent rather than inncent.

Also, I have a phobia of getting closer than arms' length to anyone, or touching anyone. Psychoanalysis welcome.

>> No.1432566

>>1432560
>Picture related - http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=le8bc0604df1b4470b340b7vt0.jpg
if only there was a way to include images with your post

>> No.1432571

>>1432566
I know, right?

I'm too lazy to save the image and delete it later.

>> No.1432579

>>1432536
>i.e. if a girl and I had been planning on going somewhere (but neither of us was particularly enthused about it) and one of us suddenly thinks of something way more fun to do, that's being impulsive.

I fail to see how this negates my point, that's the exact definition of not seeing the consequences, you are abandoning a rational routine you have already had planned out on a whim. That's irrational. And you are discounting the consequences of your impulsive action by default, that's what impulsiveness is.

>I think it is odd that you would assume that having confidence directly results in having sex.

It is a universally attractive trait and the only universally expected one. It follows that having confidence results in having sex. That's just really simple a to b logic at work. The question is, for someone like me, do you fake confidence or do you go on living as you currently are? Because you simply don't develop that natural bravado girls find attractive at my age. That's something you pick up in your teens, as already explained.

>> No.1432587

>>1432540

I dunno, I got in, but it's full of boring jesus freaks. Imagine having to suppress your power level, forever.

>> No.1432588

http://travels-japan.blogspot.com/

>> No.1432589

If there is one thing I'm searching for; it has got to be my equal.

I don't know how to describe it since I've never really given it much though with actual words, but the times I've been attracted to a girl (and I've always only been attracted to girls) I've always come to the conclusion that I'm either too far ahead or behind.
Like when you're walking down the street with someone and you can't keep the same pace no matter how hard you try.

I want someone to walk beside me. Neither struggling to keep up with me, nor leaving me in the dust.
I don't want to feel insecure when she's around, and I don't want her to feel insecure either.
I'm looking for a mutual understanding, where I can say something weird and she'll know exactly what I mean. Inside jokes and stuff.

The above doesn't apply to everything, though, since there are some points where I have to be superior to her, and vice versa.
Chopping wood and DIY stuff = me.
Cooking and arrangement planning = her.

I don't suck at cooking and I wouldn't mind doing it once in a while. The same with cleaning.

>> No.1432590

Also, you guys are making me feel depressed again.

Fucking faggots. This board radiates depression. It genuinely makes me feel paranoid, like you're all laughing at me and stuff. Stop it.

>> No.1432592

>>1432579
Erm.. Merely checking, you are not a female, are you?
Not that I think you are or anything.
It's these accusation they throw online, these anonymouses.

>> No.1432595

>>1432590

you will learn to revel in the despair

>> No.1432605

>>1432540
Fucking christ that questionnaire is long. I stopped when they started asking me if I would hold my partner's values as important or not.

>> No.1432610

>>1432579
>And you are discounting the consequences of your impulsive action by default, that's what impulsiveness is.
What about the latter half of my statement, where I clearly outlined that possible consequences had indeed been considered? Impulsiveness is action motivated by impulse; by definition it does not necessarily preclude the inclusion of thought between impulse and action.

>It is a universally attractive trait and the only universally expected one. It follows that having confidence results in having sex.
Because someone is attractive to others, they will have sex? Does their own will not factor into it at all?

>> No.1432611

>>1432589
We of the lonely hearts club seem to share an affinity for cooking I've noticed, that's a common trend, for me I suppose it's because I was brought up with it, but in recent years it's also given me a superiority complex to fall back on. I used feel innately superior to my flatmates boyfriends simply because I could do shit like cook well. I don't know how to describe it actually, it was kind of like a really malicious sense of "wow... you cant even cook, all you can do is get drunk and eat ready made meals! what a man you are!"

I used to have that with a lot of things actually, the fact I can sail, the fact I'm widely travelled and the fact I come from a relatively well off background and so on. It was a source of comforting bitterness, I felt that I satisfied these criteria so well yet the fact I had zero confidence doomed me to this life, and that was inherently unfair.

>> No.1432620

>>1432592
I'm not, of course not.

>>1432598
Heh, it's no worry. I'm overreacting as usual I think.

>>1432610
>What about the latter half of my statement, where I clearly outlined that possible consequences had indeed been considered?

Welll..... It's a tailored hypothetical isn't it? I could make one up if I wanted to. Tailored hypotheticals tend to illustrate exceptions to the rule and not general trends though.

>by definition it does not necessarily preclude the inclusion of thought between impulse and action.

Well no, acting on IMPULSE can be a life saver if you are in a life threatening situation for example. But the kind of impulsiveness alluded to here, that is, between a couple, or a prospective couple, is purely motivated by a desire for excitement first and foremost.

>> No.1432643

>>1432589
You pretty much just want a normal relationship.

>> No.1432646

>>1432611
I wouldn't call myself a poorfag or anything, and I've probably been lucky since me parents have been saving a little every year since I was born, so I could get [the equivalent of $15,000 in my currency] to my disposal at my 18th birthday. So far I haven't touched the money and I'm living very modest in my little dorm apartment without kitchen, I think.

The problem with finding a girl of my taste is probably that if I ever do, I'm always struck down by my own self confidence. Like asking myself questions such as; "why would she spend time with me?" - and not being able to answer myself.

She has to be cute, intelligent, and willing to take the first step with me, because so far in my life I've never been able to take the first step in any direction apart from when I started my current university education 6 weeks ago.

>> No.1432653

>>1432620
>Welll..... It's a tailored hypothetical isn't it? I could make one up if I wanted to. Tailored hypotheticals tend to illustrate exceptions to the rule and not general trends though.
Actually, it was only meant to illustrate that giving an action the attribute of being 'impulsive' says nothing about whether consequences have been considered. If you disagree with that, then I guess I have nothing more to say.

>Well, ipso facto yes. That's pretty elementary.
But what if they don't want to have sex?
You're really saying that you think it is logical to assume that it is an exception for a person who is considered attractive by others (due to self-confidence) to be part of the group that waits until later?

>> No.1432658

>>1432643
yeah, I guess I do.

Maybe it's because I've never tried being in a relationship (other than a few friendships - one with a girl) that it sounds so appealing to me.

>> No.1432662

So ronery threads are "in" again right?

>> No.1432666

>>1432662
wait until december - february

>> No.1432667

>>1432662
it really depends.

it can get too much at times. But just taking a break from f5'ing the whole board, and just sticking to one thread while doing some other stuff makes me accept it.

>> No.1432669

>>1432646
Hahaha, an undergraduate! How are you finding it? Wait until all your friends have gone out for a massive drunken night out then listen to Hitori no Tame no Lullaby from the NHK ni yokuso soundtrack. Great catharsis if anything.

Anyway yeh, the older you get, the more introspective you become. And the more suspicious you become of other people's praise, I honestly take blunt criticism a hundred times better than praise. I hate being praised or complimented, I fucking hate it more than anything. Do you ever feel the same?

As for self-confidence, give it up, unless you want to devote yourself to those ridiculously narcissistic 'self help' books it will never come naturally, and even if you did it would all be a charade. People like me and you are never going to be able to understand the nuances of how these things work, how to impress girls with bragging and so on, because what is asked of us is so contradictory:

"Laugh and be arrogant, but don't be TOO arrogant."

- I mean, what the fuck kind of advice is that? That's genuine advice I've heard loads of people give by the way.

And last but not least, there's this:

Do you really want to be in a relationship with a girl who is impressed by the above anyway?

>> No.1432676

>>1432666
thanks for reminding me that I don't have any trace of classes in January.
Only some diary homework stuff and textbook reading.

>> No.1432689

>>1432669
>I hate being praised or complimented, I fucking hate it more than anything. Do you ever feel the same?
Yes. I also hate receiving gifts.

>> No.1432690

>>1432666
Damnit, I don't think I'll be reaching my goal of not by ronery by Christmas this year either.

>> No.1432693

>>1432653
>Actually, it was only meant to illustrate that giving an action the attribute of being 'impulsive' says nothing about whether consequences have been considered.

Careful planning and forethought.

Impulsiveness.

These are two polar opposites in how you would describe an employee in an evaluation sheet, in which the term 'impulsiveness' would almost univerally be considered pejoartive. Now, impulsiveness is considered an attractive trait, because it's exciting. It's acting on whim, on an idea thought up just moments before, that is the very definition of not thinking consequences through.

I have no idea why this simple point offers such contention for you, shall we get back to the general point of confidence and what it means?

>But what if they don't want to have sex?

Congratulations for being a statistical outlier. Confidence is developed from sexual experience in formulative years anyway, so it's not going to happen.

>> No.1432695

>>1432669
>How are you finding it?
so far I'm doing alright with my studies, I think. At least I passed a simple test with 94/100.

>Wait until all your friends have gone out for a massive drunken night out
friends? I have 2 real life friends. One of them has been to visit me once since he's in the military and the base is pretty close to my current city.
My two friends and I all come from the other end of our little country and we don't really stay in touch other than the occasional texting going on with "hey, how are you doing?" once every month or so.

>Do you really want to be in a relationship with a girl who is impressed by the above anyway?

no. I don't want a girl who's impressed by loud assholes since I'm not one of those.

>> No.1432696

You've heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy, right?

>> No.1432698

I was thinking, what are the chances of meeting girls in the library, realistically speaking? Is it just something you suggest to desperate roneryfags to make them shut up? Because I'm desperate enough to start studying at the library (instead of at home) if my chances are good enough.

>> No.1432702

>>1432698
You'll only find old women in the library. Go to a bookstore instead and hang out in the intelligent section.

>> No.1432703

>>1432689
Well, the thing is that no one ever compliments Athens, so the only way to sustain his ego is to hate compliments. Well, I also think giving flowers to someone as a present is childish and stupidly sentimental.
Because no one ever gave me a single one ;_; No rose. No tulip. No nothing. On birthdays? As an anniversary present? No, not for you. Not that I wanted them, anyways. Stupid flowers.

Hey Athens, you're so nice and intelligent person <3

>> No.1432704

>>1432695
>My two friends and I all come from the other end of our little country and we don't really stay in touch other than the occasional texting going on with "hey, how are you doing?" once every month or so.

Just dedicate yourself to your studies. Put everything you have on that.

>> No.1432705

>>1432698
it depends on the library and the general atmosphere, I'd say. Not that I've ever really "met" a girl anywhere, but I've seen quite a few libraries.

But if the circumstances are right, it should be possible, but I think it happens more in manga than in the outside world.

>> No.1432708

>>1432703
I receieve compliments quite a bit. But it's still flattery and small talk so it irritates me.

As for flowers, I don't dislike them at all. Contrary, I like gardening and flower arrangement interests me.

>> No.1432710

>>1432704
that's my original thought, so since I probably can't become more alone than this and still come home for Christmas and such it'll be alright.

>> No.1432713

>>1432704
I can not believe that someone who has spent half of this thread moaning "I am too smart to be happy, have sex, or enjoy life BAWWWW!" Is now telling someone to bury themselves in their studies and make all of the same mistakes that lead to lamenting one's loneliness on 4chan.

>> No.1432720

>>1432702
Our bookstores don't have places to sit down.

>> No.1432722

>>1432713
>"I am too smart to be happy, have sex, or enjoy life BAWWWW!"

Is the only way you can construct a valid argument now twisting my words? I never said that, it's blissful ignorance if you are stupid though.

>> No.1432725

>>1432713
And I never said I didn't enjoy life. That is you twisting my words again.

>> No.1432726

>>1432708
Well, talking to yourself isn't regulated as smalltalk normally, but this is probably one of those anything goes situations. I can see the irritation, though.

And gardening? Flower arrangement? This must be one of those japanophile hobbies or I would regulate you as a puffish person.

>> No.1432731

>>1432726
There is nothing implicitly homosexual about cultivating vegetables and produce to cook with.

>> No.1432734

>>1432693
>I have no idea why this simple point offers such contention for you
Because I'm surprised at what you believe 'impulsive' entails, and surprised at the way in which you choose to assert your beliefs. I don't agree, and since your argument is in direct contradiction with mine, I think that's that.

>shall we get back to the general point of confidence and what it means?
I don't think there's much of a point; I disagree with you about a number of your fundamental assumptions. I disagree with how you've progressed to your conclusions from the information you cited. We can progress no further on this topic.

>>1432703
One year in highschool, I got more flowers on Valentines Day than any of the 'normalfags' in my class. Each was from a different person, so the accumulation of roses on my desk was long and drawn out. As it was just something the group I was part of did at the time, it didn't mean anything at all, but the displeasure of my classmates at what they seemed to think was an upset to the natural order of things was excellent.

>> No.1432736

>>1432722
I've got two college degrees, a registered Mensa IQ of 134, and I spend all day doing statistical analysis using non-linear multi-variable regressions and construct forecast models using ARMA for a living.
I find your abuse of statistics appalling, your condescending tone despicable, and your twisted self-deprecating arrogance hideous.
This thread was a chance for a large number of users to create an interesting forum for sharing differences. It was a good read. Go back and look at what you did to the thread.

>> No.1432738

>>1432731
How do you cultivate vegetables in London, I must wonder?

Or is this a Greek thing? Olivas don't count as vegetables last time I checked. Nor does stomping of grapes with your bare feet to be normally considered as "cultivation".

>> No.1432745

>>1432736
>Go back and look at what you did to the thread.

There's that clever scapegoating again.

>I've got two college degrees, a registered Mensa IQ of 134, and I spend all day doing statistical analysis using non-linear multi-variable regressions and construct forecast models using ARMA for a living.

Great, what do you want, a medal? How can you accuse someone of arrogance and then peddle this shit out in the same breath?

And I'm not abusing statistics, if you are a fucking statistician citing anecdotal examples and claiming they invalidate general trends is kind of stupid, don't you think?

>>1432738
I have a little trough of soil on the windowsill. It's not much, but I've grown a few things in there from time to time. Though it didn't turn out so well and now it's just flowers.

>> No.1432749

>>1432734
>I disagree with you about a number of your fundamental assumptions.

Regardless of the issue of impulsiveness, which we clearly don't see eye to eye on, where do these 'fundamental disagreements' lie exactly?

>> No.1432767

>>1432736
If you are still present in the thread:
How does one's IQ come to be Mensa-registered? I have an unusual IQ, but the test was administered when I was six or so. And I don't know how Mensa-affiliated the psychologist was.

>>1432745
>if you are a fucking statistician citing anecdotal examples and claiming they invalidate general trends is kind of stupid, don't you think?
I think I'm the one you should be accusing of that?

>Regardless of the issue of impulsiveness, which we clearly don't see eye to eye on, where do these 'fundamental disagreements' lie exactly?
Confidence leads to sex. Sex leads to confidence. Confidence can't be learned.
But this sentence was really more important:
>I disagree with how you've progressed to your conclusions from the information you cited
If I disagree with how you make conclusions, we're going to find it difficult to communicate.

>> No.1432769

>>1432745
I see, you truly like to cultivate the land, do you not?

I had one plant myself some time ago on my window seal, but then I forgot to water ir for a month and it died. The crops withered and there was a famine.

>> No.1432777

>>1432749
athens, did you ever go by the name Envy?

>> No.1432778

>>1432767
>Confidence leads to sex.

Yes.

>Sex leads to confidence.

It is that that it leads to _more_ confidence. Think of it as acceleration.

>Confidence can't be learned.

Naturally. What are you advising people do? Read self-help manuals by narcissists? What about those who are so utterly disgusted with the shallow facade that you need to put on in order to attract someone (false bravado, confidence, recounting ego boosting anecdotes), that they simply cant be fucked and decide to withdraw socially?

I think you are missing my point here. You're kind of confirming it in fact. My point is that confidence is redundant, it's a necessity, without that bravado you won't succeed, ever. That's a sobering thought. But listen.... It's better than acting like that. Imagine if you acted like that and a girl did fall for you. They'd always be that anger gnawing away inside of you saying 'this relationship is built on sand, i was pretending to be someone i'm not, how can i respect someone who falls for a cheap facade drummed up by a few guys who wrote dating tactics books?'

>> No.1432780

>>1432777
Nah, envy isn't me. I swear he still posts on /a/ though.

>>1432769
And much wailing and gnashing of teeth etc. etc.

>> No.1432797

>>1432778
There's no need for the lecturing tone. I didn't say that I was having trouble understanding you, I said that I don't agree with you. Reiterating your points will not change my stance.

As for girls... I don't think bravado is necessary. Any girl who is going to end up with me will be someone I just naturally click with, so any posturing would be counter-productive. If I don't happen to meet a girl like that, I'll stay single (unless I get fed up with being single).

No, not books. I think you learn confidence through the buildup of small successes. I may not have much confidence, but I have more than I had in highschool. It may plateau, but it could also continue on its upward journey.

>> No.1432826

>>1432797
To what end exactly? I have a degree, I have pretty much all the pre-requisites required except this confidence, which is in effect bravado, I'm still as woeful with women as I ever was. Confidence cannot be learned past your formulative years. It's just an impossibility. And I don't know how the power dynamic works between two girls, but it's unfair to apply those standards to male female relationships because one party (namely the male) is initially and throughout the relationship itself the proactive party while the other is the passive party.

Do you see where I'm going with this? If you lack the bravado, the feigned nonchalance, the impulsive streak... Then whatever your achievements, whatever your looks, whatever your interests, it all counts for naught.

I'll give you an example, an oft heard 'complaint' on 4chan is that 'women cant be ronery' - it's motivated out of bitterness rather than impartial observation, but there is a ring of truth to it too.

Passivity is expected of women, it's the default position, so a woman has to simply sit back and pick from a list of suitors who engage the proactive role.

Am I complaining about this? Do I blame women? No, of course not. It's not their fault, it's not anyone's fault, it's nature at work. But still, I think you should at the very least concede that your own observations are based around girl - girl relationships which, I imagine, are vastly different in the proactive/passive dichotomy than heterosexual relationships are.

>> No.1432845

>>1432826
I've actually had far less occasion to observe the dynamics of girl-girl relationships.

Yes, the traditional role of the female is passive. If you desire to date women who subscribe to that, I guess you have to accept that and deal with it in whatever way you can. If you're looking for something different, then you have to accept that you're looking for a rarity. The latter is something I understand quite well.

There are plenty of women who are ronery. I'm not one of them, but that's due to my nature rather than my gender.

In short, if you subscribe to traditional gender roles, you should probably not fault them. If you don't, then you should be complaining about how difficult it is to find someone else who doesn't, rather than getting angry about what traditional gender roles demand of you.

Anyways, it's some godawful time in the morning and I have a calc assignment to finish. I take my leave.

>> No.1432880

>>1432845
You missed out the point where I said I didn't blame anyone. I would have no problem having initiative if it didn't come in the context of clubs and bars. There's nothing particularly 'traditional' about the ideas of passivity and assertiveness these days anyway. You're simply expected to shut your mouth and pretend it doesn't exist in the interests of 'equality'.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action