[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 70 KB, 400x400, cirno-geedubya.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1200550 No.1200550 [Reply] [Original]

I'm turning into a normalfag. I can feel it.

Last night I hung out with friends - a few good friends, when in the past I'd maybe have 1 or 2 close friends in my life at a time. We planned to go to a free concert, but missed the bus and didn't get there, but the night turned out to be enjoyable anyway. We basically ended up spending the night drinking.

I can feel that this sort of stuff with other people is getting more important to me. My attitude towards my computer is changing too. I find myself seeing 4chan less as a "place" and more as what it really is, a board. No different really than the BBS's back in the day. I'm starting to use my computer for more interesting things again. I'm getting back into the demoscene, and I'm coding and stuff again.

I mean, I still read manga, and I really dig Silver Forest and I even went to Sakuracon and bought an IOSYS album while I was there. I'm still into touhou and animu and stuff.

I think it's because I've been smoking so much pot. I often go out at night and smoke in the cool air under the stars, and then I come back home, and I tend to dick around on my computer, and what am I doing? Using it the way it's meant to be used, rather than using it as a form of escape from society.

Like, I'll fire up Audacity and mess around with the 500 or so plugins I have installed (every single set in the debian stable repository) until I come across an interesting sounding waveform, then load that into a tracker and work on a tune with it.

Or, I'll use an atari st emluator to run Synthetic Arts 3 and draw all kinds of cool pictures.

Doing this changed my relationship with computers, and consequently my relationship with 4chan and the culture surrounding it.

What's happening to me?

>> No.1200556

cool story bro

>> No.1200566

Cool story bro.

>> No.1200559

Cool story broseph

>> No.1200563

>>1200550
You're becoming less of a faggot in appearance?

>> No.1200576

fuck yea /jp/ is da best board others are all shit xD

>> No.1200585

Cool bro story

>> No.1200598

cool story aniki

>> No.1200622

>>1200556
>>1200559
>>1200566
>>1200585
>>1200598